Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

^ Someone has to do it, right? And maybe if I'm good I can convince them to do some more changes to the show... ;)

I don't like Lindsay, but I don't have anything against Anna. Which is why I'm staying away from the 'Why Lindsay Must Go' or 'What do you think about Lindsay?' threads now because some the remarks get quite personal. I would feel very uncomfortable posting there, because it all must be very hurtful for Anna if she should ever read all of that.
Ah, but not everybody who does post in those threads has anything against Anna, either. I certainly don't. ;)

Dislike of a character and/or criticism of acting ability don't automatically equal 'bashing,' which is one word that I've come to dispise since Lindsay came on the show. Every tiny negative comment becomes horrible bashing, which alternately annoys me or makes me want to throw something.

That wasn't specifically directed toward any one person, just putting my feelings out there. ;)

Dear writers,

I know we don't have to know every little detail about the characters, but a bit more information wouldn't hurt. How old are these people? Were the CSIs all regular cops first? Do these people have, you know, families? Things like that. It might seem nit-picky, but there you go.

Love,
Fay

(I know that's already been mentioned in one way or another in this thread, but it just came to me that I wanted to say that. If you're analyzing screencaps of the computer screen in "Some Buried Bones" looking for information about Danny from that scanner thing, it's kind of sad. :lol:)

Faylinn said:
Ah, but not everybody who does post in those threads has anything against Anna, either. I certainly don't. ;)
*I* know that Faylinn and hope you didn't think I was implying that. That's not why I stay away, and I don't a problem with anyone who's posting in those threads or what they are saying - you know me better than that :lol: I agree with mostly everything that's being said there. It's just me personally that I don't want to contribute.

Dislike of a character and/or criticism of acting ability don't automatically equal 'bashing,' which is one word that I've come to dispise since Lindsay came on the show. Every tiny negative comment becomes horrible bashing, which alternately annoys me or makes me want to throw something.
Totally agree. The word is bandied around the board so much. As with the word 'flaming'. When do we ever see any of it? :confused:

That wasn't specifically directed toward any one person, just putting my feelings out there. ;)
Fair enough.

You know what else? I'm guilty of this myself (yes in this thread too) but I'm getting tired of it infiltrating everything we have to say about the series :lol: One reason I enjoyed this week's episode :D

You know what else? I'm guilty of this myself (yes in this thread too) but I'm getting tired of it infiltrating everything we have to say about the series
Exactly. Every conversation we have seems to come back to it, no matter how hard we try otherwise.

This one isn't to the writers, but to someone else involved with the show:

Dear people who are in charge of the opening credits,

Could we get a new video to go with the theme song? Some of the characters are up-to-date, but take Danny for example--season 1 clips? Danny doesn't look anything like he did in season 1 now. How much does it cost to do a new thing? Just take some season 3 (or 2 if absolutely necessary) clips and update it.

Much love,
Fay

I think the majority of the "Anna comments" concerns her acting, rather than anything about her personally. I believe she's a very good stage actress, and she may well have been awesome in other things, but in CSI:NY, her acting is not as good as it should be - her recent crying scenes are case in point.

I do however, see Lindsay as a free-for-all, as she's a fictional character, and a poorly written one at that. If they're going to try and make me accept downright silly plots, I'm going to come up with sillier ones.

Okay, where do I sign that "bring back Louie Messer" petition?
Lol, you really want a petition ei? Hahahahah... well, if we do have one, I doubt tptb will give us the time of day. They're locked up in their own teen-oriented universe. Hahahahah!

I mean, I can understand why they're not putting any facial scars on him, apart from not wanting to ruin the pretty <g>, it'd mean extra time spent getting him all made up and that.

Yes, he's too pretty for scars lol. But I hope before this season ends, we get to see a glimpse of the scar that big ugly wound left. Like it or not, an injury like that MUST have a scar.

I do however, see Lindsay as a free-for-all, as she's a fictional character, and a poorly written one at that. If they're going to try and make me accept downright silly plots, I'm going to come up with sillier ones.

I hate to compare, but fanfiction Lindsey is sometimes better than tptb Lindsey.

Silencer said:
I think the majority of the "Anna comments" concerns her acting, rather than anything about her personally. I believe she's a very good stage actress, and she may well have been awesome in other things, but in CSI:NY, her acting is not as good as it should be - her recent crying scenes are case in point.

Agreed. And to clarify, making disparaging comments about Anna's personality would be bashing, but critiquing her acting is not. She's a professional--when you're in the business she's in (or the writing business, directing business, etc.), your professional work is up for mass review. It's the nature of the business. And saying one doesn't find her up to snuff as an actress is a valid point of criticism.

I can't remember who said it, but I wanted to address a point about Danny considering a one night stand with some of the women he flirts with (Aiden, Maka, Angell). I don't think we've seen any evidence of Danny being like that, especially with people he knows. I think he's perceived as a player, but there's not one iota of evidence to support that. Quite the opposite. I think he valued Aiden's friendship far too much to ever risk it over a one time hook up--he even said something about it being "good that they worked together" (implying he wouldn't go there with her). I'm sure he is looking for something serious, but I wouldn't count Angell or Maka out of the running as women he'd consider.

Faylinn said:
Dear people who are in charge of the opening credits,

Could we get a new video to go with the theme song? Some of the characters are up-to-date, but take Danny for example--season 1 clips? Danny doesn't look anything like he did in season 1 now. How much does it cost to do a new thing? Just take some season 3 (or 2 if absolutely necessary) clips and update it.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I was re-watching a S3 episode last night and couldn't help thinking that those Danny clips need serious update. Yes, they're cute, but all the other characters have been updated so why not him? I know it's not going to happen this season but maybe if someone reads this we can hope for something different next year...

smiley-idea.gif
This one's not to the writers either:

Dear Music-Picker Person,

You're awesome.

Love,

Julia

:D

Just jumping in here on the Anna Belknap discussion.......I know there are loads of differences of opinion out there, all equally valid - so as one of the people who has been critical of her acting I just wanted to throw my tuppence worth in....

Granted I've never seen her in anything else and therefore don't know if generally she's a talented actress or not. However, what I do know is that in this show and in this role she can't 'act' as if she's got any chemistry with her very attractive co-star, thus rendering the whole Danny and Lindsay romance storyline completely DOA - and that's why I think she's generating such negative comments.

I have nothing against her personally but in the same way we can go on for pages and pages about how great Carmine is at bringing Danny to life, I feel it's equally acceptable to critique other cast members, be they good or bad. I do agree however that it should just be 'critiquing' and not bashing for bashing's sake, which can be hurtful and personal.

...crikey! (feeling meek) note to self bashing=bad word! i used it in the flippant sense! sowie for the hullaballoo!! :rolleyes:

sowie for the hullaballoo!!
It's nothing personal, it's just that some people call any negative opinion of Lindsay/Anna or D/L 'bashing' and it gets old very quickly.

I'm sure he is looking for something serious, but I wouldn't count Angell or Maka out of the running as women he'd consider.
Exactly. Danny being in a serious relationship would depend on Danny, IMO. I don't see Lindsay as being any more the kind of woman he'd pursue for a serious relationship than someone like Maka or Angell. But that's neither here nor there.

I hope before this season ends, we get to see a glimpse of the scar that big ugly wound left. Like it or not, an injury like that MUST have a scar.
I was hoping for that as well. Have a case that brings it back up, and he's have to deal with the memories, and then show him looking in the mirror at the end. Something like that.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
Heh, glad to see it's not just me. :lol:

crankyjules said:

You're awesome.

Love,

Julia

I second that. And can you make Emmanuelle Vaugier a main cast member? Pleeease! :D

As for anything else, you guys have pretty much already covered it. ;)

crankyjules said:
smiley-idea.gif

You're awesome.

Love,

Julia

Oh amen to that! I love especially that little score they always play after commercials to introduce a scene. It started halfway through season1 and ever since, they have experimented with different instruments and arrangements with it.

I was hoping for that as well. Have a case that brings it back up, and he's have to deal with the memories, and then show him looking in the mirror at the end. Something like that.

Yeah, exactly. Have a case where it hits Flack close to home. And then he goes somewhere private to clear his head and then 'look' at his scar or whatever.

Back