Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Silencer said:
God forbid two adults actually talk to each other. Jeez, jeez, and furthermore... jeez.

Yup one inter-office relationship in a procedural show is enough, thanks, and Mac and Peyton's is far more mature and interesting.

Let Lindsay's character actually come to be, independent of Danny. Free Danny (God, PLEASE) so we can see some more of that character development and back story were OBVIOUSLY clammoring for instead of this juvenile excuse for fangirl appeasement.

And to echo Silencer ... Jeeeeeez.

(sigh) Anyone else feel as if we are pissing in the wind here? Or is it just me having a rainy-day moment? :(

*starts a Louie Messer petition*

Yeah, whatever happened to Louie now? Don't tell me they have forgotten about that, too, like what they did to that Rose woman back in season one. And Danny and Flack's Saturday basketball games. And Flack's scar. And.... basically, everything took a backseat to the cheese.

I agree with Fay on her previous posts. Up to now, I don't get D/L -- or Lindsey at all. If I have to cite an example of poor character build-up and development... it'll be her. I have never seen her stand on her own; it's always with Danny. At first, it was okay -- yeah they work together and stuff like that. But season3 feels like I'm watching an old episode of Dawson's Creek.

The only thing missing to complete the cheese factor is Lindsey saying, "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy... asking him to love her." Jeez!

Danny snaggin' some "Lindsey-lovin" is so OOC for him. And well anyone can say that "the right girl can soften up a tough guy" -- if that's the case here, then it's not working. It so faux and personally, puke-inducing. Please stop it, oh dear writers. Or at least lighten it up.

chaostheory08 said:
*starts a Louie Messer petition*
Liking that idea :)

Yeah, whatever happened to Louie now? Don't tell me they have forgotten about that, too,
I may be optimistic in thinking this but I don't think they are done with it yet. But if they haven't they're leaving it a long time. I had been thinking for a while maybe they were leaving it for a sweeps episode, but, correct me if I'm wrong because living in another country I'm pretty clueless ... haven't sweeps already started? And/or is there another lot later in the season?

Danny snaggin' some "Lindsey-lovin" is so OOC for him. And well anyone can say that "the right girl can soften up a tough guy" -- if that's the case here, then it's not working. It so faux and personally, puke-inducing. Please stop it, oh dear writers. Or at least lighten it up.
Although I totally dislike the D/L pairing and the way it has been (and is being continued to be) done, I respectfully disagree on one point. And one point only :lol:

And it is this: Danny definitely has that tough and funny NY attitude happening (he embodies NY), but I also see a gentle and vulnerable side to him. And I think that duality is part of what makes him so intriguing. I can totally see him being a 'sweet romantic' but the way they've gone about this is just, ugh, wrong wrong wrong in so many ways, and should be very peripheral to EVERYTHING else.

^Yeah, I know every guy has a soft spot. Danny can be such a baby at times (okay, a lot of times) as well. I guess, my point when I typed that out is Lindsey being his 'other half' doesn't work.

I try to open up and drink what the writers are serving but it's getting pretty hard to get it.

Yeah, whatever happened to Louie now? Don't tell me they have forgotten about that, too, like what they did to that Rose woman back in season one. And Danny and Flack's Saturday basketball games. And Flack's scar.

I saw a screencap from ep 8, where Flack goes to talk to the guy in prison, and there's a mark on the side of his neck where one of his scars would have been. Could be just a smudge (or maybe his girlfriend gave him a hickey <g>) or maybe it's a little attempt at continuity.

I mean, I can understand why they're not putting any facial scars on him, apart from not wanting to ruin the pretty <g>, it'd mean extra time spent getting him all made up and that.

Okay, where do I sign that "bring back Louie Messer" petition? ;)

crankyjules said:
I had been thinking for a while maybe they were leaving it for a sweeps episode, but, correct me if I'm wrong because living in another country I'm pretty clueless ... haven't sweeps already started? And/or is there another lot later in the season?

I thought so myself, but February sweeps have come and gone (or at least, we know which episdoes are going to air and as far as we know there's no mention there) and there's still no trace. What we can do now is pray for May sweeps, which I think is the last lot of the season. I'm not American either but I've learned how it works... can't even begin to count how many times I've been frustrated over a plotline (or lack of) in the past.

May sweeps are our last chance. Remember how many storylines they crammed in the last four episodes last year? They're probably going to do the same. If not, then I'd say bring that petition on!

CrankyJules - I so agree with your comment above about Danny's duality! It so sums up exactly what Danny is all about, and why I like him so much - edgy and mouthy one minute and then all sweet and boyish the next.

While he flirted with Aiden, Maka and Angell he never quite dropped the wisecracking NY attitude and that's what makes me think that if he ever got it together with one of them it would just be a one night stand kind of thing….and while I’ve no doubt Danny has no objections to a bit of a romp with a good looking bird I’m quite sure that he’s a romantic, gentle soul at heart - and what he’s really looking for is a girl he can trust and open up to. A well-cast, better scripted Lindsay, played by an actress who could act ,would’ve been perfect in that respect.

^^ Agreed. Although even with a better cast, differently-played Lindsay, I still maintain it's too much for a crime procedural. Hints here and there, a la Mac and Peyton, fine. In your face - leave it for a better suited show.

just popping in to say you guys rock! :D no seriously i would love to mail the writers and get them to just look at what everyone has to say. Im not so sure about the anna belknap bashing though, I think its more of a weak character thing imho. I think if the writers actually grew a pair and wrote some realistic adult to adult scenes things they might redeem themselves in the fans eyes.

^^ Never never have I bashed Anna Belknap. I don't like Lindsay, but I don't have anything against Anna. Which is why I'm staying away from the 'Why Lindsay Must Go' or 'What do you think about Lindsay?' threads now because some the remarks get quite personal. I would feel very uncomfortable posting there, because it all must be very hurtful for Anna if she should ever read all of that.

I have not seen her in anything else beyond CSI NY so cannot comment on her acting ability when one character is all I have to base my judgement on.

Now back OT.

Dear Writers,

I really enjoyed 'Some Buried Bones'! Please ensure the character Reed Garrett graces more episodes - the writing of Mac and Reed's relationship growing in this episode was so beautifully done. Thank you.

crankyjules said:
Never never have I bashed Anna Belknap. I don't like Lindsay, but I don't have anything against Anna.
Sorry crankyjules I wasnt implying that you were! :(I was just commenting on the general vibe i was getting from various posts! im with you though on the Lindsay front.

Orison said:
I've given up writing about that and am creating my own little scenario in my head but since you mentioned it... *falls down on her knees*

Oops sorry for double posting but I don't know how I let this one get by me.

Orison, when I asked the writers what we could bribe them with, I was thinking more along the lines of lamingtons, or chocolates, or a good bottle of red wine. Now get up off your knees, girl!! :D

ETA:

pixies said:
Sorry crankyjules I wasnt implying that you were! I was just commenting on the general vibe i was getting from various posts! im with you though on the Lindsay front.
And I wasn't feeling pissy or indignant or taking that personally, either :lol: I know you were speaking generally and not aiming that at anyone in particular. Just wanted to state where I am with that. All's good :)

crankyjules said:
Orison said:
I've given up writing about that and am creating my own little scenario in my head but since you mentioned it... *falls down on her knees*

Oops sorry for double posting but I don't know how I let this one get by me.

Orison, when I asked the writers what we could bribe them with, I was thinking more along the lines of lamingtons, or chocolates, or a good bottle of red wine. Now get up off your knees, girl!! :D

ROTFL! What can I say, if that's what it takes to get a Danny-centered episode I might as well sacrifice for the rest of you. :lol:

^^ ROFLMAO!!! Don't make me laugh too hard please - no work for me today 'coz I'm stuck at home with a tummy bug and if I laugh too much ....

I like your devotion to the cause :D :D

Back