Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It has nothing to do with the fact that it's American. Each state/country/city/town has it's own way of setting up the police force. The federal government has no authority over the police force. Where I live the cops don't even have standardized cars & they're all painted different colours.

Also as far as detectives not being crime scene investigators, that's not always true.

Here are two examples:

All of the Crime Scene Unit in Jacksonville, FL are sworn police officers: http://www.coj.net/Departments/Sheriffs+Office/Detective+Division/Crime+Scene+Unit.htm

In Broward County, Florida their crime scene unit is composed on 12 detectives, 2 sergeants, 2 technicians & 3 support personnel. http://sheriff.org/about_bso/dle/units/cl.cfm

In New York City
    So in NYC they are actually all detectives.

2. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

One two three, Sheldon, Adam and Stella gettin' down with three p etc. :evil:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Dear PTB:

As I see it you have two choices. One is to break up Danny and Lindsay and have no ships on the show, instead focusing on the crime solving and the friendships between the characters and let the shippers see their own subtext and rely on their fanfics and imaginations to satisfy their shipper needs. Two is to break up Danny and Lindsay and just have a full on CSI: NY orgy where everyone gets it on with everyone else, thus satisfying shippers of all pairings at one point or another.

Choose wisely, grasshoppers.

You're welcome,
    PA

:p :shifty:

4. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

:eek: if I were the writers, I'd take number one. even though it means no Adam/Stella/Sheldon XD

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

So no hope for Stella, Sid and The Captain i guess:evil::lol:

6. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

haha :guffaw::guffaw: but better with no couples than CSI: NY turning into some sort of soap series or the crime version of Gossip Girl :lol:

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

As usual I'm writing this as if I knew for 100% certain that the writers at CSI: NY will come here and read this.

Dear writers,
    You and the editors should seriously consider hiring us fans as your assistants. I'll bet you any amount of money from 1 cent to 20 dollars even that with us as your assistants the black hole of continuity would disappear. There IS a blackhole of continuity whether you want to admit it or not. I mean, have you checked out the "OOPS! What A Mistake!" thread or over in the CSI: Miami section the "CSI: Miami Blooper" thread? I know the 3 CSI shows share writers so don't give me the "I've never written for CSI: Miami" BS. If you haven't yet, when a good episode ideal hits you, I bet you will. And another thing hiring us fans would help is the "Grade (episode title)" threads here at Talk CSI. You'd probably see alot more episodes getting alot more A+s. I can name some other benefits hiring us fans could have. Talk CSI has around 10,000 members (+ or - 1500) and we're scattered all over the world, we're not all in ONE country. That's alot of mouths that could spread the word about how improved CSI: NY is and what a good show CSI: NY is. It's alot of mouths that could help bring in new fans. Who knows? You might even de-throne CSI: Miami as "the most watched show in the world". Wouldn't you like to be "the most watched show in the world"? I know if I worked on a tv show, either in front of or behind the cameras, I'd want it to be "the most watched show in the world". Just think long and hard about everything I've just said.

Sincerely,
    Carolyn333 (ChristmasCarolyn till after Christmas)
    A female CSI: NY fan in Alabama.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i think you have a point but it could be a problem when it came to spoilers!!!

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Dear Writers,

Please put some of the grit back into the show that you had at the beginning. You're going soft and losing the edge. Graphic stuff and special effects do not equal grit.

Thank you.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yeah, i agree. i still love the show, but it is definitely less gritty than it used to be and although i think pure entertainment is also important, there should be more of a balance.