Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Regarding Lindsey i was watching One wedding and a funeral and she looks better with Adam than with Danny.
Oh God no! *hides Adam* Lindsay doesn't need to be with anybody in the main cast, I certainly wouldn't save Danny only to saddle Adam with her. :wtf:

Dear Writers,

Um, two words - Eddie Cahill!. The man is amazing, he is consistent in every episode, brings a great touch of humor to the show and we dont see enough of him...

Please give him some room to shine!

Ok? Thanks

:)

I know MANY fans hate me because i say "I don't care about a shirtless character or a bad soap opera couple". But i'm being honest when i say i care about this show because i know it could offer more i am watching now
And i respect myself as an adult viewer as well

I totally agree with you on that. CSINY was brilliant in its first season, at least I thought so, and it has had many episodes in following seasons that are truly worthy of praise; I definately agree with the fact that it is above using shirtless, hot main characters and soap opera/high schoolish relationships to gain viewers. It's above that.

Regarding Lindsey i was watching One wedding and a funeral and she looks better with Adam than with Danny.
Oh God no! *hides Adam* Lindsay doesn't need to be with anybody in the main cast, I certainly wouldn't save Danny only to saddle Adam with her. :wtf:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:I knew it! i knew you were going to come

Please Faylinn don't hang me up:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I said she looked much better with him. It was nicer than any other silly scene with characters who don't have chemistry at all
They looked like two kids in the Lab and it was fun

I think TPTB should keep the idea of Adam having a big crush on Stella:devil: That flirting is what i want because i've already seen it in LFN and it was fun and sweet
Actually the relationship between Adam and Mac comes from there also (as Adam character itself ) and it's so funny and PRICELESS. I'd love to see Mac's reaction to Adam's crush on Stella

I pay for that scene:lol:

Adam is the perfect example a good writer can do. He is not in every single scene but he is worth every single second of his screentime:thumbsup:

I know MANY fans hate me because i say "I don't care about a shirtless character or a bad soap opera couple". But i'm being honest when i say i care about this show because i know it could offer more i am watching now
And i respect myself as an adult viewer as well

I totally agree with you on that. CSINY was brilliant in its first season, at least I thought so, and it has had many episodes in following seasons that are truly worthy of praise; I definately agree with the fact that it is above using shirtless, hot main characters and soap opera/high schoolish relationships to gain viewers. It's above that.

And you are totally right. I'm watching Season 1 episodes and my fav are the first 3 even when the whole season is priceless
The dark and somber enviroment, all characters, the drama inside themselves. Everything! MY fav is 1.02 when Stella is mad because she can't help a victim of rape. She cant find any print or anything else to discover the criminal. Aiden and Danny went to help her when they finished their work. And suddenly you see Mac inside the lab helping her as well. It was a fantastic group scene

Debbie:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not that I don't want to see more of some of the other characters--Flack, Hawkes and Adam definitely need more to do--but I don't want to see less of Danny. I think the reason he's given so many storylines is because he's a dynamic, fascinating character and acts out in ways the others don't, or can't really, because everyone can't be the maverick. I love Danny drama--the more, the better.

Dear writers,

First of all I would like to say: BRING US MORE HAWKES! You have been ignoring the poor guy since S3 (and he didn't get much love back then either, but I was happy with little than with the nothing that is now). The talent that is Hill Harper goes to waste because there are other important storylines that you feel the need to exploit non-stop. I am talking about the D/L plot, that has started since the 3rd episode of season 2, and it still continues. I would like to say that enough is enough already and you are walking on a thin line out there endangering the show to become a cheap soap opera.

Secondly, I would like to thank whoever came up with the idea to sign AJ Buckley for the regulars. That was a smart move and we need to see more Adam on the show because the dude has the power to enlighten the screen with his performances.

Lastly, I am not sure if this should be addressed to the writers, but since there is no "Dear producers thread" around here, I'll put my two cents in here. The opening credits! Put back the missing lyrics that are actually the essence of CSI:NY and put Adam and Sid on the list.

That is all :D

Love,
Me :)

Not that I don't want to see more of some of the other characters--Flack, Hawkes and Adam definitely need more to do--but I don't want to see less of Danny. I think the reason he's given so many storylines is because he's a dynamic, fascinating character and acts out in ways the others don't, or can't really, because everyone can't be the maverick. I love Danny drama--the more, the better.

I truly hope you don't take it as personal (and since you are teh Administrator you don't kick me off this forum lol)

But i respecfully disagree with you

He was given many plot lines because beyond the fact Carmine is a talented actor , producers thought a "Beverly Hills 90210 remake" with Lindsey was much better than writing good episodes for all characters:rolleyes:
Only because he is a talented actor it doesn't mean Gary, Melina or others are not
Ratings, ratings, ratings. But aparently the High School saga of CSINY is not as appreciated or even we have not as good ratings with that couple

Some day Carmine will have his own tv series. But he is not ready yet.

Eddie, however, i think he is prefectly ready for being a lead star (i said and i repeat: i don't want him to let go)

and since Gary and Melina are the lead stars i want for them 90 % of their screetime

They are very talented actors. It's just a pity stories goes back to High School sometimes:scream:

Débora

Dear Writers,
First of all, kudos on your first season. It may have been dark, but it was good. The characters were edgy and interesting, and the cases were varied and interesting, variating between more serious storylines such as in Blink (very creepy ep, btw, well done, particularly on that last scene with Mac at Ground Zero, that was AMAZING, it still sends a shiver down my spine to this day) and eps like Night, Mother or Tanglewood, with eps that had a good gross-out factor like Rain, and eps that were just interesting to watch like Officer Blue, A Man a Mile, Hush and The Closer.

Second, congrats on lightening up the series in the later eps, and making Hawkes a CSI.

Congrats on the always excellent and very watchable series finales, every one has been very good.

Well done on addressing painful and very 'now' topics on the show such as 9/11, the murder of children, domestic abuse, inter-NYPD politics,, , gang problems etc. Not a lot of shows do that so often, and I think it's wonderful that you do. I also love that you mix this heavy stuff with lighter, more fanciful, and just downright weird cases, such as in Down the Rabbit Hole and Time's Up.

Now some things I would like to see.
I know that 'lightening up the show' and focusing on 'upper scale NY stories' got your ratings up, and got you new viewers. But please remember us old viewers. Many of us loved the diversity and darkness of the stories of s1 and s2. Please bring a little of that back. OK, every ep doesn't have to be as dark as Blink, but a few dark stories every season would be good. Or at least could you please have some regular people killed? Like someone from one of the other boroughs, or a poor part of Manhattan? And could some non-white, not rich people be killed and be suspects, please? This is supposed to be CSI NEW YORK.

Please, please, please drop D/L. It was fun in s2 when they were flirting, but now it's annoying. Danny and Lindsay are two adults, they're supposed to be in their 30s, and yet the whole D/L thing often makes them come off as teenagers. Also, D/L steals from the characters' individual potential. Can Lindsay please have a storyline that doesn't involve her being mean to Danny, Danny being there for her, her pining after Danny etc.

Please give Hawkes, Flack and Adam some decent screentime and even a small story arc of their own. Why not put Flack in a case where his reputation and career are called into question and put under the microscope? Mac, Stella, and Danny have all had that sort of thing happen, why not Flack? Or have him deal with the murder of a cop or the release of a murderer from his past, something, anything, just please give the wonderful, sexy Eddie Cahill a chance to shine.
And Hawkes, please give him a storyline which does not involve Danny getting shirtless or Danny's relationship with Louie. Give the man a storyline all of his own, and let Hill Harper show off his incredible acting skills. You have such an excellent cast, please don't underutilize Hawkes and Flack. I'm not asking for a 333/Ruben style arc, one or two strong character centric eps along the lines of Consequences and The Fall for Flack and AHTYMA and Raising Shane for Hawkes.
And please more Adam scenes, even a little tiny storyline? Please?

And finally, please let us know what happened to Louie Messer.

Don't get me wrong, I do absolutely love Danny. Carmine is a brilliant actor, and Danny is definately one of the most dynamic and interesting characters on television, and it makes his episodes thrilling and exciting to watch. But that being said, he's been way more developed than the other characters have been, and I think it should be their turn. Danny should definately continue having his great storylines, by no means is his character finished, but I think if it came down to seeing another Danny storyline carry out or a Flack or Hawkes or Adam one, I'd choose the latter, simply because Danny could stand alone for a while, and still be just as dynamic later as he is now. Putting off a storyline for him until season 5 or late season 4 would be fine with me, if only we could get some other characters in the meantime.

Dear Writers,
First of all, kudos on your first season. It may have been dark, but it was good. The characters were edgy and interesting, and the cases were varied and interesting, variating between more serious storylines such as in Blink (very creepy ep, btw, well done, particularly on that last scene with Mac at Ground Zero, that was AMAZING, it still sends a shiver down my spine to this day) and eps like Night, Mother or Tanglewood, with eps that had a good gross-out factor like Rain, and eps that were just interesting to watch like Officer Blue, A Man a Mile, Hush and The Closer.

Second, congrats on lightening up the series in the later eps, and making Hawkes a CSI.

Congrats on the always excellent and very watchable series finales, every one has been very good.

Well done on addressing painful and very 'now' topics on the show such as 9/11, the murder of children, domestic abuse, inter-NYPD politics,, , gang problems etc. Not a lot of shows do that so often, and I think it's wonderful that you do. I also love that you mix this heavy stuff with lighter, more fanciful, and just downright weird cases, such as in Down the Rabbit Hole and Time's Up.

Now some things I would like to see.
I know that 'lightening up the show' and focusing on 'upper scale NY stories' got your ratings up, and got you new viewers. But please remember us old viewers. Many of us loved the diversity and darkness of the stories of s1 and s2. Please bring a little of that back. OK, every ep doesn't have to be as dark as Blink, but a few dark stories every season would be good. Or at least could you please have some regular people killed? Like someone from one of the other boroughs, or a poor part of Manhattan? And could some non-white, not rich people be killed and be suspects, please? This is supposed to be CSI NEW YORK.

Please, please, please drop D/L. It was fun in s2 when they were flirting, but now it's annoying. Danny and Lindsay are two adults, they're supposed to be in their 30s, and yet the whole D/L thing often makes them come off as teenagers. Also, D/L steals from the characters' individual potential. Can Lindsay please have a storyline that doesn't involve her being mean to Danny, Danny being there for her, her pining after Danny etc.

Please give Hawkes, Flack and Adam some decent screentime and even a small story arc of their own. Why not put Flack in a case where his reputation and career are called into question and put under the microscope? Mac, Stella, and Danny have all had that sort of thing happen, why not Flack? Or have him deal with the murder of a cop or the release of a murderer from his past, something, anything, just please give the wonderful, sexy Eddie Cahill a chance to shine.
And Hawkes, please give him a storyline which does not involve Danny getting shirtless or Danny's relationship with Louie. Give the man a storyline all of his own, and let Hill Harper show off his incredible acting skills. You have such an excellent cast, please don't underutilize Hawkes and Flack. I'm not asking for a 333/Ruben style arc, one or two strong character centric eps along the lines of Consequences and The Fall for Flack and AHTYMA and Raising Shane for Hawkes.
And please more Adam scenes, even a little tiny storyline? Please?

And finally, please let us know what happened to Louie Messer.

I second everything you said.

Mac'sLady i LOVE your election of episodes.

I'd add Creatures of the night and American Dreamers and it would be just perfect :D

I truly miss teh "dark" side of the show and ITA about you said: we need REAL New York

I truly hope you don't take it as personal (and since you are teh Administrator you don't kick me off this forum lol)

But i respecfully disagree with you

LOL, no of course not! I think disagreement/debate is what makes this place interesting.

He was given many plot lines because beyond the fact Carmine is a talented actor , producers thought a "Beverly Hills 90210 remake" with Lindsey was much better than writing good episodes for all characters:rolleyes:

Oh, I am right with you there. I thought season three sucked for Danny overall because most of his development was tied in with the silly teen drama romance with Lindsay. But the interesting stuff I'm referring to with Danny is outside of that relationship--it's stuff like "On the Job" where Danny worried that he'd killed an undercover cop or when he got trapped in the panic room in "Trapped" or the more recent stuff with Ruben. That's why I love Danny, because he gets himself into these awful situations and then is so emotional and reactionary about them.

Only because he is a talented actor it doesn't mean Gary, Melina or others are not

Oh of course not! But Gary and Melina are the leads, and I feel like they've each had some great storylines and have both had a lot to do on the show.

Ratings, ratings, ratings. But aparently the High School saga of CSINY is not as appreciated or even we have not as good ratings with that couple

Ehh, Danny and Lindsay episodes don't really draw big ratings. Danny episodes on his own used to--"Tanglewood," "Trapped" and RSRD are among the highest-rated episodes of the entire show. None of the episodes that have focused on Danny and Lindsay together have come near those ratings.

Eddie, however, i think he is prefectly ready for being a lead star (i said and i repeat: i don't want him to let go)

Agreed, completely. Eddie is just great, and definitely could anchor his own show.

Dear Top

As i said it before in another thread i miss that Danny as part of the family

Inside the Smacked thread i said i felt that type of connection

Mac was "Dad", Stella was " Mum" and Flack, Aiden and Danny were the kids

Unfortunately we lost that connection and now it seems a crazy race. Who is the winner in this cruel competition on the Actor's popularity?
If you ask me i say anyone

And i LOVED the Panic Room episode. I enjoyed very much how Stella worked with Danny and Flack

However i would like episodes focus on the lead stars. We had a lot of Mac this season and it was GREAT but i still think Melina deserves more than ONE centric episode per season

If people doesn't know Stella, how we can pretend she has what she deserves?????

And i have seen her before. She is amazing as much teh chemistry she has with Gary

Hugs and take care

Debbie

Dear PTB,

Please do not be using Rikki as a plot device to continue/strengthen the travesty that is Danny and Lindsay. Rikki is an amazing character and Jacqueline Pinol's performance is compelling and real. Doing so will just cheapen a story line that has been complex and interesting.

Love,
PA

Dear PTB,

Please do not be using Rikki as a plot device to continue/strengthen the travesty that is Danny and Lindsay. Rikki is an amazing character and Jacqueline Pinol's performance is compelling and real. Doing so will just cheapen a story line that has been complex and interesting.

Love,
PA

PA, you always make me :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Hopefully you will be right and i'll recover to Danny as an interesting character if he is in a Normal relationship and leave behind the sopa opera girl:lol:

Debbie

Last edited:
Back