~David Caruso Thread #5 'Half A Century Of Hotness!'~

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't he leave nypd blue in "93"? if so that would make him hmmm 37? just a guess. looks when he was younger(love the way he looks now also) lol acting abilities probably now since he's matured in alot of ways.

That picture cracks me up. It's sad because he's wearing the shades of justice. :lol: Oh lord, I don't know why that's funny but it is.

but do you guys prefer him when he was younger, or more now that he is older? I'm not just referring to his physical appearance here, but also his acting abilities (like do you think you would describe his role in Miami as the best point in his acting career?).
I like both younger and older equally. I have always loved his good looks, but his acting in NYPD Blue was every bit as good as it is in CSIM, he just played a different type of character (but still adorable).

I would consider the best point in his acting career for me personally (as in best role) was in 'Proof Of Life'. If you get a chance to see it wibble, DC's character Dino is just wonderful. Funny, heroic and although he gets little screentime, he steals the show. ;)

^ I agree. I think DC's acting is outstanding in both NYPD Blue and CSIM (though I have found him lacklustre in Season 4), and I have no preference between younger or older DC.

I also think his best role was in 'Proof Of Life'. It's really refreshing seeing him in that kind of role. A real eye-opener for DC fans, and Dino was a really quirky, lovable tough guy. :)

Looks-wise, although I like both younger and older DC, I prefer the older. As to why, I dunno, can't really explain. I guess he looks more matured and...and...I dunno. :lol:

Acting-wise. My first introduction to DC is through CSI:M and after, I watched Proof of Life. Both very different characters and both very well acted out by DC. He's a great actor. Some people disliked how he portrays Horatio Caine with the hands on hip, head tilt and slow, proper diction, etc. but in my opinion, it's DC's way of leaving a strong impression on the viewers as to who Horatio is, which includes his mannerism. As a result, the moment someone mentions SOJ, we link it with H. The moment you put your hands on your hip, you think of H...and so on. I think that's an actor's success.

Even distracted as he seems to have been this season the man is so ungodly beautiful it's a joy to watch him. He could just stand there, let everyone else around him do their thing and still steal every scene.

True, I'm hoping for a little summer buff and polish job for him. A decent hair cut, a little weight loss and...Wardrobe mistress/master? Take notice! Look at the first season, go back to it - please! Oh, and makeup? Get your act together! Folks you have the perfect canvas to work on, quit messin' with it!!

Yours Truly
Ntrt

I think DC has noticeably aged quite alot this season, but I don't know how much that has to do with poorly applied make up and a not so great hairstyle. He looked so fresh in seasons 1 and 2, and pretty good in some season 3 eps.

As for the hair, Season 2 yumminess wins everytime for me! :D

tn_hhgp.jpg

I thought he looked yummy when I got hooked on the crossover in S4. Wasn't until afterwards there was poor lighting, make up & I started noticing the weight gain but, hey , everybody does(gain weight). LOL Yes, I think he looked awful aged this season after the crossover and more so towards the end of the season. Like he was getting worn down. Hopefully, he'll get a much needed vacation now. Here's one of my fave picks from the crossover.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/katpin31791/ManhattanManhunt01.jpg

He looked very good in 'Manhattan Manhunt'. I wondered if a different team (the NY team?) did his hair and make-up? If that's the case, they should give the Miami crew some tips! ;)

Nice pic which proves the point! :D

Interesting thoughts on which DC you all prefer :)

I've yet to see DC in NYPD and thus as a younger actor, so I can't make a decision at the moment. NYPD has some very good reviews over at Amazon, so looks like I am in for a real treat with that show :D

Though I must confess, I have a thing for older, more mature men ;) (by that I mean in films and TV shows), so I may be a little biased already :lol:

Wow, lovely pic of H there Luce - dare I say, I think his hair looks better than it does in S1 :D

And I agree katpin, DC looks very well groomed in that Manhatten Manhunt pic! Thanks for sharing :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, 'Proof of Life' sounds a very familiar film to me - I wonder if I've seen it before or it's one of those films I kept meaning to watch but never got around to it. Hmmmm... *goes to find what the film is about*

Proof of Life is the one with Russell Crowe and Meg Ryan. Meg Ryan's husband got kidnapped by terrorists.

You know, PoL would have been so much better if it wasn't Meg Ryan as leading actress. (sorry fans)

That bar scene in the beginning alwats shocks me :lol:

Oh the bar scene!!! Makes me chuckle, also cause I know we are going to see DC :D Actually my favourite scene is the one where they talk about his birthday, wonder if I have a cap?? Ah ha here it is:

ProofofLife.jpg

As for younger or older, I'm an older man girl I would have to say, I prefer him in Miami I think, he seems more confident, relaxed and it shows in his performance.

Oh and would love to see him back to season 1 and 2 H, I think his hair was growing a little towards the end of the season, a bit of a clip would have done the world of good ;)

Yep that birthday scene was the best from PoL! That smile...I remember it was so natural and heartfelt. I was surprised to notice the subtle difference in the smile and then even more surprised that I'm not the only one who thought so.

i don`t have been here for long long time :D

as i was in a search for 'Michael Hayes' and 'NYPD Blue' epis have find this two moves with DC : 'Session 9' and 'King of New York' .

well i succeed to watch today 'Session 9' :D wow , not bad movie, but all the time i was see not Phil (DC), but Horatio :) am i go insane :lol: like DC character there, coz in the begining he have a lot smiles and after this a lot angry scene. hope in CSI M S5 to see one H like Phil - who lose his temperament and also use uncensor words like 'WTF ?' :D but most love one moment when DC was screaming : 'He go to Miami !!!' :lol: for me if u guys have time and love DC, watching this movie won`t be lose of time. it`s a lot like horror, a little to slow action/plot, but have interesting end. but for my regret DC character die in the end, and again someone have steal his girlfriend :(

here some screencaps from 'Session 9'

web page 1
web page 2
web page 3
web page 4
web page 5
web page 6
web page 7
web page 8
web page 9
web page 10
web page 11