Danny/Lindsay #19: Clothes Aren't Necessary Or Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! :)

catey I think that perhaps they didn't intent on them being a couple when they first introduced Lindsay's character, but when they saw them together they decided to give it a shot :D...and we all know how wonderful that worked out... :devil:

And about being passionate....Yes! they are...The bantering and teasing may have given the idea that it was all light and fun, but there was a smouldering passion just beneath the surface :D and that just combusted in SD... :devil:

Liffy[/b]]Yeah at least two D/L scenes...sounds great...txs for the info Catey!
Mo I check out your bd-ficcies when I have more time and think about some bd presents too.. :)

Off to work...later

Good afternoon to you all! :)

Great! Another ep with D/L scenes in it! Sounds like our ship's gonna have a great season! :D CANON!

Still not curious, Liff? :lol: :devil:

Here's a question for you all. Do you think that TPTB, when introducing Lindsay, had in mind the whole D/L romance? Or, was it a fluke that our favorite pair have come together? And, now that they are a couple, do you think it is a passionate pairing? Any ideas on this?

Ooooo great question catey! Mo is right; Carmine and Anna accidentally bumped into each other around her first day, and the writers saw that and decided to play with it. I don't think it was a fluke, because we got a bit of foreshadowing in 'Til Death Do We Part' (thank you Mac Taylor), so I believe the writers were planning something even in the first season.

As for them being a passionate pairing...yeah, pretty much everything Mo said :lol:. They clearly love each other...and I believe that they always have, even before Lindsay came along. I think they compliment each other, because both have tragic pasts, so they can help the other person in a way no one else can because they know what that feeling is like...because they've both lived through it.

So yeah, I'd say they were passionate ;)

ETA: Darling Mo, I will read those two lovely ficcies of yours and leave a review on FF :)

great question, big sister catey! as much as i’d like to believe that TPTB had the whole D/L romance thing in mind from the start, i think they brought the new supporting female character in as a pal for the danny character. the same goes for aiden being there, imo. i think that maybe eventually the supporting female character would have a romantic relationship with the danny character, but it depended on their chemistry on-screen/the way they feed off each other. and so, because anna and carmine seemed to hit it off from the get-go, the lindsay and danny characters immediately had that natural bantering, thus leading to the build-up to this beautiful relationship. i think the passion came with the build-up between danny and lindsay. they were already attracted to each other and things kind of became all bottled up and as viewers we felt that [good/sexual/emotional] tension.

catey[/b]'s spoilers ep. 4.07]psst. liking the spoilers. good D/L stuff. heehee! flack flirting with angell, huh? what happened to the other girl? looks like flack maybe be a hidden player inside...maybe danny never was! :lol: or rather, isnt anymore! danny and lindsay love = :) daily danny and lindsay activities onscreen is good tv.

Mo hun, i’ll read them during my lunch break today! thnx for some good reading material!!

can someone post the "D/L Episode Guide"? i think delia was in charge of it at one point in time...

Good morning all...happy Tuesday! *Mo looks for Catey and almost starts singing the "Good morning" song but decides to be nice!* ;) Our premiere y'all is only 4 weeks from tomorrow!! I swear that last week in September is going to be the best week ever...it's premiere week for all my shows and I think I might be permanently glued to my tv that week! :lol: (you think I'm kidding? ;) )

Super Modie nodded:
Sure, the DL related ones are fine.
Okay good, thanks hon! Cuz I can relate pretty much anything to D/L, apparently I have way too much time on my hands or way to much something but yeah I can make it all come back to D/L! :lol:

Fluffer nutter cutie pie Stuffy grinned:
we got a bit of foreshadowing in 'Til Death Do We Part' (thank you Mac Taylor), so I believe the writers were planning something even in the first season.
Yeah I think they planned from the beginning to have Danny fall in love and I think I'd say (especially after his reaction to marriage in this very eppy you mentioned hon) that they are planning on having him get married! *Squeee!!* That would take some continuity on the writers part but I think they can do it! (Oh please, oh please, oh please...Pam Veasey our personal D/L hero...please! :D )

Darling Mo, I will read those two lovely ficcies of yours and leave a review on FF
I did get your lovely reviews, thank you so much hon! Those were the first ever fanfics I wrote and they will always have a special place in my heart! *Mo wipes and tear...and then giggles at her cheesiness!* ;) I got your reviews too Soph thank you hon, glad you liked it! :D

Shippy bud with the shining halo Angel noted:
but it depended on their chemistry on-screen/the way they feed off each other. and so, because anna and carmine seemed to hit it off from the get-go, the lindsay and danny characters immediately had that natural bantering, thus leading to the build-up to this beautiful relationship.
Yeah I agree with you there hon, I think they probably had somewhat of a plan to bring these two characters together but wanted to make sure the actors liked it and could make it work and since Anna and Carmine just clicked right away in how they worked and reacted to eachother it gave our ship a definite green light! Which isn't to say D/L wouldn't have existed if they hadn't have had that "moment" but I think the fact that the main actors really seem to get along well and have a "spark" is part of what really makes the ship work! Cuz it seems to me that all the couples/ships that are really hot and really go well together and the ones that I really end up falling in love with are ships where the actors playing the leads are fans of the couple they play...like we know Anna and Carmine want D/L and I think that makes a huge difference in how they play the characters and how well the character work together! *Mo steps off her soapbox!* :lol:

Okay time to go to work...oh yeah! :p Have a swell day all and I'll see ya later as always! :D

Psssttt...Aud my wub, where is you? :D

*Mo grabs her coffee and shimmers giddily away in her fluffy bubble!*

Darling Mo you are so right! It definitely makes a big difference if the actors are actually interested in the relationship. It makes everything that much more realistic. Anna and Carmine do indeed support the ship, and that support reflects in their characters. Plus, it never hurts to have the actual actors on board ;)

ETA: Anffy wubs, ask and you shall receive.

Season 2:
1 & 2- Linds hasn’t even arrived yet!
3. Zoo York - yes. Plenty of bantering and gazing.
4. Corporate Warriors - Nope.
5. Young Blood - Nope.
6. Dancing with Fishes - Yep. Some "work" and some more gazing.
7. Manhattan Manhunt - Yep, he was clearly worried about her.
8. Bad Beat – Not really, but she did tease him about the walrus documentary “Footage of your 30th birthday party, Messer?”.
9. City of the Dolls - YES. He was holding her hand and then-- awkwardness. and flirting.
10. Jamalot - Nope.
11. Trapped. Nope - but Linds seemed so worried when Danny was trapped in with the dead, crazy guy.
12. Wasted - Nope.
13. Risk - YES. "You clean up nice..." Man, that was so cute!
14. Stuck on You - LOADS OF M&Ms. So adorable! Flirting... "Rough Sects". Lindsay asks Danny to Cozy’s, surprising him with Mac playing bass.
15. Fare Game - not until the end. The have a very "buggy" first date.
16. Cool Hunter - Yep. even though they were on different cases, Danny helped Linds' case by carrying her around to check how deep the footprints were. So cute! I bet though Linds only got him to do it... because well obviously.
17. Necrophilia Americana - He teases her about eating bugs. Not a lot of M&Ms since they're on different case.
18. Live or Let Die - flirting & "Does it turn you on?" phone sex convo.
19. Superman - yep. A sort-of marriage proposal.
20. Run Silent Run Deep - lots of M&Ms. He seemed to be only looking at her when he got pulled off for a while to the office.
21. All Access- he comforted her and she put her arm on his shoulder very naturally.
22. Stealing Home - LOADS OF M&Ms!! Plus Sid's infamous comment. "Danny calls you that (Montana) because he's got a crush on you."
23. Heroes - A bit. Lindsay talks about Danny talking about Aiden.
24. Charge of this Post - lots of D/L. He realizes that it's her file... la dee da. He tells her to check her wound out and then at last, "Still want that ride?" Hmmm... OH SO MANY meanings behind that!!
Season 3:
1. People with Money - nope.
2. Not what it Looks Like - THE HUG, THE gazing. How he didn't want her to go!
3. Love Run Cold – Lindsay stands Danny up on a date, and there is the angsty hallway scene where he talks to her about the chemistry between them, and Linds tells him she likes him “a lot” but she has some issues to work through on her own. As she walks away Danny called out to her "If there's anything you need from me, just let me know."
4. Hung Out to Dry - Nope
5. Oedipus Hex - He helped her to talk to the mother. Goofy smiles and he turned down the Suicide Girl.
6. Open and Shut - nothing, except Lindsay looks at Danny during the beginning (*cough*checks out his assets*cough*).
7. Murder Sings the Blues - nothing
8. Consequences - nothing
9. And Here's To You, Mrs. Azrael - nothing, except Danny said "Beautiful" during a scene and it could have meant something to us D/L shippers. Later, they stand together during the interrogation.
10. Sweet Sixteen - nothing, but Danny asks how Linds is doing when she gets bitten by the snake.
11. Raising Shane - Danny comes and helps her with the evidence.
12. Silent Night- No D/L, but we find out that Lindsay survived a terrible crime and her friends died. Lots of Stella and Lindsay friendship though.
13. Obsession-- No D/.L
14. The Lying Game-- No onscreen D/L, but it seemed like they were together... Danny saw her talking to Mac and Stella and was upset that he didn't get a hug. We learn that Lindsay has to testify and would leave the day after. When she takes a cab home, she sees Danny was about to stop... but he didn't see her. But not before leaving a card on his desk and Hawkes asked if she wasn't going to say goodbye to Danny. And Danny smiled when he read the card: Dear Danny - I'm not good at long goodbyes. Or short ones for that matter. But Montana calls and the cows are heading home. MOO - See you soon - Montana. And on the side it read: You're in my thoughts.
Danny holds the card and chuckles to himself.
15. Some Buried Bones --No D/L. Lindsay is still in Montana.
16. Heart of Glass--No D/L... but Danny reads "I love DL" aloud on the mirror written in lipstick.
17. The Ride In--No D/L
18. Sleight Out of Hand--Lindsay testifies! Danny loses his mind in the lab, thinking about her. Stella talks to Lindsay as well and Danny asks about her. Danny is tired, but when he gets home--he tells himself to "go with your instincts" and he grabs his keys and he goes to Montana. He arrives in the middle of her testimony. She's sooo suprised to see him and they stare at each other for a really long time. Then she smiles to herself and continues her testimony. When the jury reads out their decision, she holds his hand and takes him by surprise. The jury decided to convict the suspect and Lindsay sighs with relief and puts her head on his shoulder. Then they get up and he wraps his arms around her. He is about to lead her off the court, when she's still holding on his hand and he turns to her and smiles nervously and blushes a little. Then they inch closer together and are about to kiss... when the DAMN reporters snap photos of them and ruin their moment!! Then they smile and he takes her hand protectively and ushers her out quickly when the reporters follow them, taking photographs.
19. A Daze of Wine and Roaches--they're on the same case. He tells her that his favorite wine is beer... (she ordered him one before in Stuck On You). They work together in the lab and she makes it clear that she isn't just about beer and buffalo burgers. The shoot each other little gazes and looks. She put her hand on his waist. Apparently our favorite lab geek, Adam knew what was going on. So did Flack and Danny gave Adam a grin that meant "That's my girl" referring to his Montana.
20. What Schemes May Come-- No D/L.
21. Past Imperfect--A short but cute D/L scene. Some dirty words were said by our Danny-boy and Lindsay had a very smitten face. Not to mention, they were giggly and in love!
22. Cold Reveal--No D/L. Oh well.
23. …Comes Around--Not much interaction, but during a conversation Lindsay tellls Danny "You sure look happy".
24. Snow Day-- Holy cow, there's alot! They woke up together, after sex on the pool table. He poked her nose to wake her up. She kissed his chest and he said that he wouldn't be going anywhere (since it's HIS place) then they both said they were glad this happened. He took her shift, letting her sleep, and he wrote a note for her on his blackboard. There's a flashback of them playing pool in his apartment Danny bets that she can't make the shot... and the end of the deal is what happened. (hint hint) While on her shift, Danny gets kidnapped and hurt. She goes to the warehouse to check on him and she supports him. Then she apologizes for letting him take her shift.

O Stuffy, that's just perfect! I bet you can make this list a lot longer during the upcoming season!

To answer the question (you know, the one about D/L being together was meant that way from the start): I'd say no, they weren't. But as posted already by some of you: Anna and Carmine accidentaly bumped into each other and the chemistry was so clear! TPTB just couldn't do anything else than let them be a couple and write a great story for it.

Still haven't figured out what Lindsay would give Danny for his birthday....maybe take him to the wheatfields? :confused:

*Liff waltzes in with a giant spoon for no good reason* Hey guys, what a lovely day. How's the weather? Don't you just love! random welcomes? :D

Spoiler Queen Catey asked:
Here's a question for you all. Do you think that TPTB, when introducing Lindsay, had in mind the whole D/L romance? Or, was it a fluke that our favorite pair have come together? And, now that they are a couple, do you think it is a passionate pairing? Any ideas on this?
I thought I read somewhere that they didn't have any plans whatsoever for having Lindsay fall for Danny originally, and that it came about after Zoo York aired after watching the onscreen chemistry between Anna and Carmine. That just shows you - D/L was predestined! Muahahaha. Clearly if our lovebirds convinced TPTB to glue them together, they were meant to be glued together - with extra strong superglue - them types that irritates you to no end when they spill. Yeah - them. and chocolate.

Now as for the passionate pairing part...hmm. Let me ponder on that thought for a moment. *looks at Mo, looks to Danny and Lindsay making out on the couch, looks back to Mo and shrugs* Hell yeah I'd say so :devil:

I think, like Dutch said with the teasing and bantering, D/L have a relationship on many levels, they have the friendliness and easiness with each other with their constant bickering and teasing, and then that goes deeper with the emotional connection that they have; she was there for him during Louie's incident and he was there for her after her trial. All that - and they like to do it on the pool table = smokin' hot.

They complement each other on different levels, you could say (and I do) they fill out each other's weaknesses. Danny's rashness is tamed by her thoroughness and thought, and Danny's personality rubs off a bit on her, she's starting to be a little more open? (hopefully we can see more of this in Season 4 since we ran out of time after their pool table session :p )

Cuzzy said:
can someone post the "D/L Episode Guide"? i think delia was in charge of it at one point in time...
Yeah, Cordy did the episode guide but she's a bit off d/l (won't say anti-d/l cos she'll be great pain! :lol: ) so...that explains her absence. Don't worry - she'll be back. No one can resist the temptation that is D/L :devil: Trust me - I know :devil: It's like chocolate with crack. Addictive :devil: but minus the negative effects. hehe.

Mo said:
Okay good, thanks hon! Cuz I can relate pretty much anything to D/L, apparently I have way too much time on my hands or way to much something but yeah I can make it all come back to D/L!
Hear hear! I spent the entire day today at work thinking about D/L and how'd it go when they send their baby to school/kindergarten for the first time. The mental pictures is to die for! Somehow - I'd see Danny as being more worried about his little guy or girl than Lindsay, and she'd be rolling her eyes somewhere behind him. :p :lol: More ficcy ideas! I'm on a roll! - too bad musey's still on a eurotrip.

*Mo steps off her soapbox!*
*Liff nudges her back on and climbs up with her* :D

The fact that Anna and Carmine are supportive of their onscreen relationship means they can have fun doing it. They're having fun doing it cos they like it - rather than being forced into something they dont think wouldn't work, which would result in something less than acceptable on our part - :lol: But yeah, they're easiness is all done well by Carmine and Anna, and they're good friends too aren't they? It's cute :)

Stuffy wubs! Thanks for posting the eppy guide. Not that we ever need it since it's all permanently imprinted up there in my head, swimming along with the bright pink fog! hehe :lol:

JenP said:
Still haven't figured out what Lindsay would give Danny for his birthday....maybe take him to the wheatfields?
I'd say a kiss and a promise for something more later. :)

Oh gosh, I haven't answered my own question (was it even mine?) have I?

Well, if it all goes well, and in my head it always does, it would be so sweet for Lindsay to tell Danny that he's going to be a father on his birthday. She could get him a baby rattle, and then we'll get to see that adorable confused Danny look before it all sinks in and he smirks the infamous Messer smirk. :D

For Lindsay, again, if it all goes perfectly, it falls on Danny's day off and Lindsay has to work. She comes home all tired and Danny's made her dinner, and run her a bath (with the intent of joining her of course) and more promises of a perfect evening complete with a box of her favourite chocolate. :)

- I froze the screen in "Some Buried Bones" to see Danny's details when Adam scans him with the RFID, but his birthday doesn't appear on any of the cards. Grr!

Anywho, I'm off for now :) Catch ya guys later :cool:

*Liff puts on his shade and zooms off into the sunset on his....scooter* Note to self: borrow Danny's bike.

Liffy!! *hugs buddy and gives him a kiss on the cheek* Don't ever leave us again, y'hear? ;)

About DL having a baby...to be fully honest guys, I don't want to see them having a child. At least not now. This is a forensics show, not a soap. TPTB wanted to incorporate Anna's pregnancy into the DL storyline and she said no...I would hope they would take her answer into consideration if they ever do think about DL having a child. Now, that's not to say that I don't want them to ever have a family (because an image of likkle Danny running around is just too darn cute), but if TPTB do indeed want them to have a child, I think it would be wise to save that to the end of the show. Or at least let us fans do that ;) isn't that what writing fics is for? Allowing our imagination to take over and write about what we think should have happened in this scene, or happened in a scene that we didn't see much of, or imaging the past/future, or whatever. And I'm rambling :p

But I honestly do not want to see them have a child for a while. Marriage is alright; that I can see happening as the show nears its end (good Lord I don't even want to think about that right now :lol:). Even a shot of Lindsay holding their new baby as Danny stands over her smiling as the screen fades to black or something would be nice...actually it would be adorable beyond words and a fantastic way to end the show IMHO...but I would be annoyed - even angry - if DL had a child in the next couple of seasons.

The end of the show is fine, just not now.[/soapbox]

Wonderful Stuffy said:
They clearly love each other...and I believe that they always have, even before Lindsay came along.
Wow, that's just so poetic :)...and you're so right; so people are just meant to be together...instantly reminded me of a 'Savage Garden' song:

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life

And Angel and Mo I agree with you both. If the actors are not into the idea of the characters being together then imo it could never work as good as it does now... :D

Darling Liffy who's back said:
Danny's personality rubs off a bit on her, she's starting to be a little more open? (hopefully we can see more of this in Season 4 since we ran out of time after their pool table session)
I really hope we do get to see a little more of the attitude Lindsay showed when she initiated that 'Benjamin-bet-kiss' :devil: * ^ points at Stuffy's banner* I like her a little more aggressive...and it was, indeed, too bad we ran out of time... :mad: ;)

And although the ideas of Danny being over-protective of pregnant Lindsay, Lindsay surprising him with the fact that he's going to be a father for his birthday, Danny running around after his kids like a kid himself :D are all too cute...I think I have to join Stuffy on that soapbox -move over dear- ...Moving in together, having steamy scenes on weird surfaces :D, getting married, I can see all of those things happening in the next seasonS, but having a baby on the show would make it way too much of a family drama... :rolleyes:

Okay birthday presents...I think it would be so wonderful if Danny takes Lindsay to dinner in a nice restaurant and then as a surprise have her family show up. :)

And Lindsay could make Danny totally happy by bying him the rare missing copies of his comic book collection. :D

Txs for putting up Delia's ep guide...I just love reading that every now and then... :)

Hello Guys...My name is Brandy I'm new to this site but not at all new to this ship!! I'm an old Friend of Liffy (MesserMonroe)! Cause he's my darling and my Muse!! I love that there is one of these for D/L lovers!! Everytime I used to come on here it was so negative towards Lindsay and Danny being together... But I feel I am among friends!! Thanks for rockin!!!

Wow, that's just so poetic ...and you're so right; so people are just meant to be together...instantly reminded me of a 'Savage Garden' song:
;)
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life

Love that song ;) and I do strongly believe that they have always loved each other, even before they met. I like to think that Lindsay believes she has always loved Danny and vice versa.

I really hope we do get to see a little more of the attitude Lindsay showed when she initiated that 'Benjamin-bet-kiss' * ^ points at Stuffy's banner* I like her a little more aggressive...and it was, indeed, too bad we ran out of time...

*giggles* That banner ain't goin' anywhere ;) and cheers to aggressive Montana!

ETA: Welcome Brandy! I've heard many good things about you from Liffy ;) Welcome aboard shipmate :D

Thanks!! I have heard wonderful things about you as well!! Liff is great!! I also have you marked on ff.net!! Love your stuff!!! I haven't been on there that much lately but I need to catch up!!! Thanks for the welcome now I just have to figure this site out LOL!!!

welcome Brandy! i like your username. *giggle* youre from the city? ;)

*prepares to duck the objects being thrown at her from stuffy and dutchy* D/L baby issue re-investigated! :lol: you know im all about the D/L kiddies, BUT for now, i do agree that it would be too soon. however, if it should happen, it should happen. it's a blessing. but since it's a show, and the happening of it can be controlled, i have to agree that i'd rather see lots and lots of danny and lindsay alone time as a couple [healthy arguing <-----> sweet and hot loving], a couple working together, co-workers in love and co-workers at work, and [now] best friends. marriage, engagement, and other moments in life (birthdays, anniversaries, first times) would be gems! if a DL baby were to be added into the mix, then maybe quick references to her/him like "oh...[D/L baby] is sleeping through the night". it doesnt need to have its own stand alone scene (although my shippy heart would love it so! *giggles*). since it is a crime drama, not my soapy dramas, an ending to the series like one of my pals up there said ( :) ) with lindsay holding the D/L baby and danny looking on (or vice versa) would be a tender moment and solid ending.

ETA: oops! miss dani, are you having a gutterville party? i remember reading you post something about it. *brings some shirley temples to drink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back