Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I like option D the best. ;) Here's my take on Flack and Angell, and keep in mind, I loved the chemistry and flirtation between them. It was cute and natural, but I think Flack's newly found mojo this season has more to do with not being able to be with the person he really wants as opposed to him suddenly turning into the stud of Manhattan. He's got to look elsewhere, but the minute Danny is in trouble or danger again, he'll drop everything and go to help Danny. Flack's in love.

Of course, Danny would definitely be jealous of Angell. He was of Devon after all, but it was easy for him to make fun of Devon because he didn't know her. WIth Angell, it's a little different. I think he'd just be hurt, even though it would be totally irrational. But Danny is not really the most rational character even under the best of circumstances, and I think he'd be hurt. Maybe he's not ready to be with Flack, but he sure does seem to like having Flack head over heels in love with him. ;)

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of Flack finding a very drunk Danny at Sullivan's and actually having to carry him out of the bar. I could totally see Flack looking stoic, trying to maintain his cool as he carries out Danny, who of course would be babbling about why Flack always seems to go after him and take care of him. That would just be insanely sexy. ;) :devil:

*cough* Top, my darling, your spoiler code is showing. :p

I agree about Flack suddenly going after women--why should he wait around forever for Danny to wake up and smell the cinnamon twists? And Angell is sure as hell worth the time, I gotta say. :p I think Danny would definitely be jealous because, while it's easy to brush off some random socialite that would never be around long--it's not so easy to brush off someone like Angell who actually has a lot in common with Flack and who Danny could probably see him sticking with.

And Danny doesn't like to share, which is unfair since he's the one who started the whole fiasco in the first place. :p Methinks he might have been a bit too overly-confident about Flack waiting for him. Flack will wait, of course, but for Danny to see him biding his time with other people? Whoa-boy. :p

I seriously f*cking hate spoiler code--I should just stop using it, but the spoilers are too good to not discuss. :p

I think Danny is a little selfish and childish when it comes to Flack. He clearly expects Flack to drop everything to be by his side when he needs emotional support, and when he's in danger, he calls Flack and pretty much expects Flack to come save him. So it's not too terribly surprising that he'd expect Flack to wait patiently like some sort of monk while Danny dates Lindsay. I think Danny just expected he could have them both--he could date Lindsay, and Flack would be around, adoring him like usual. Makes me wonder if something changed in "Snow Day" when Flack had to watch Lindsay carry Danny off. The person who got rescue sex from Danny was Lindsay, not Flack, even though Flack had done the hard work. ;)

Flack's sudden interest in the ladyfolk makes me think it can be argued that he and Danny were having sex before Danny and Lindsay got together. Flack was so devoted but he got rewarded for it in bed--until Danny took up with Lindsay, which was a wake up call to Flack that no matter how much he loved Danny, no matter how far Danny let him in (in bed and otherwise ;) ), he and Danny weren't actually together, so maybe he needed to go out and get his own life. Hence Devon and Angell.

But, as we know from 413 (and do not f*ck me over, spoiler code!)...

The minute Flack starts to worry about Danny, he drops everything and breaks into Danny's apartment looking for him. Falling out of love when you're in as deep as Flack is isn't easy. ;) I also think Flack kind of has a bit of a he-man mentality when it comes to Danny--he assumes he knows what's best for Danny. He's probably right, but breaking into Danny's apartment is a pretty big deal. It speaks of a high level of intimacy. ;)

Yay, the spoiler code doesn't hate you! :p

I definitely think there's a case to be made about them having a relationship prior to Montana breezing through the door. And whatever Danny's reasons, Flack had to open his eyes and realize that he couldn't make Danny see their relationship the way he saw it. If Danny didn't want it to be serious, it wasn't going to be--and poor Flack was the one who got hurt for it. But I don't think he'd be mad at Danny for long, and I think he'd go out of his way to conceal the fact that it hurt him--which, unfortunately, would give Danny the impression that he didn't mind Danny going elsewhere. Damnit, boys, quit being stupid!

Ultimately, however, I don't think any outside relationships could interfere with the one between Danny and Flack. Eventually, Flack will get his man, end of story. It's possible to love more than one person, but this is an entirely different ballgame than anything they could find with someone else. Wherever they go and whatever direction life takes them in, they'll always come back to each other. *plays romantical music* ;)

Ooo, I like this discussion! :D So Danny is the jealous type and Flack is the man with the brain who knows when to start moving on ... Yes, Angell is much, much harder to brush off than some random socialite for sure. It's obvious Flack didn't really care for Devon since he's already flirting with Angell. On the job too! :p

However, it might be possible Flack was flirting with her when they were working because he's not serious about it? I dunno, I kinda get the idea that maybe if Flack was really serious about wanting to date Angell, he would have come onto her after work ... ya know, given his game in full force so they could immediately go somewhere if it worked. :lol: (I hope that made sense.) The scene in the car between Flack and Angell was extremely cute and hot to me, but it also felt like Flack was 'testing the waters' more than being serious. Oh yes, his heart still belongs to a certain thick-skulled kinka-poodle. :devil:

I like this idea that Danny and Flack've had a thing going on before Montana. Their reactions seem to hint that there was something more going on behind the scenes for them ... but maybe neither of them actually crossed the line and said out loud to each other that they're together or said the three words aloud. Maybe that was all it took to get Danny's insecurities up and rampant that things were just 'fun' to Flack and Flack wasn't serious about him, while Flack's thinking the same thing when the truth is that they're nuts for each other. :lol:

Silly men, just tell each other, already! The entire world knows except you guys! :p :lol:

^You know, part of me wonders if some of it isn't Flack. I mean, I think there would be more risk dating a guy for Flack than there would be for Danny. Danny works with a tightly knit group of colleagues who I think would accept whomever he's dating. I don't know about his family--kinda doubtful there--but I bet Mama Messer would smooth things over for Danny there.

But Flack? He's part of the old boys' network, the fraternal order of detectives. And he's the son of a former detective with a sterling reputation. I think it would be harder for Flack to admit--even to himself maybe--that he's in love with a guy than it would be for Danny.

So what if it was Flack who wanted to keep it under wraps, and keep it casual, wanting Danny--hell, being in love with him--but not willing to take that step and go public. Danny would interpret that as Flack not really loving/wanting to be with him, and be hurt and insecure over it, so much so that he might turn to someone else. We know how sensitive Danny is--if he let Flack in, emotionally and physically--and then Flack wasn't ready to take that next step, he'd be hurt. Of course, being Danny he'd assume it was him--that Flack didn't want him enough to be with him.

Just a theory. Flack does seem pretty whipped, but he clearly has a tradition upbringing (he's very courtly and respectful of Danny!) and might have a harder time with being in a relationship with another guy than Danny would.

Hmm, this is true, this is true. Maybe Flack was serious about the relationship but wanted to keep it private, and Danny thought that Don being open about it would prove that he cared--so even a hint of hesitation from Don would be a major blow to Danny's self-esteem when it comes to this. Even if Don tried to explain, and even if Danny understood from a logical standpoint--Danny isn't always a logical man. :p

Why must there be so much fodder for angst?? :rolleyes:

^ I always appreciate a variant perspective. :D I guess Danny being paired with Lindsay on the show had somewhat influenced my view on how Danny would look at a relationship with Flack. Me seeing Flack as this stable, I-don't-take-crap-from-anyone kind of guy, it never occurred to me that he would be the one to be insecure, ya know?

But yes, very good point on Flack being in the fraternal order of detectives. (I love that phrase. :lol: Flack, you is a frat boy, bro!) Would Flack's reluctance be attributed more to personal beliefs or more to his father and the guy's rep? There's so little background on Flack's relationship with his father that it's difficult to really tell where he stands with the dad. If he and his father aren't on good terms, would Flack be concerned what his father thinks about him or whatever lifestyle that he chooses? Ya know, as in, "Hey, you may be my Pop, but you're not the boss a' me!" or something. :p

Ah, geez, I think another plot bunny just bit me in the butt. :lol:

By the way, I'm watching episode 4x08 now.

Do you guys know Danny BAKES? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dudes, he is totally the cook of the Danny/Flack couple! :D He probably makes killer spaghetti like his mom and bakes all kinds of cakes and cookies on the weekends for Flack to eat to his heart's content. Right after Flack eats Danny, of course. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Zomg, Bonz is here--everyone look busy! :eek:

;)

Me seeing Flack as this stable, I-don't-take-crap-from-anyone kind of guy, it never occurred to me that he would be the one to be insecure, ya know?
I think Flack is totally secure about the way he feels, just possibly not necessarily how to show that. And for Danny, not being able to put it out there in black and white might feed into his insecurities about the whole thing. Then that leads to Danny thinking it's not as important as Flack really thinks it is, and looking elsewhere--which in turn leads Flack to think that Danny's just not ready (which he probably isn't anyway), and could result in any number of feelings from the good detective--hurt, jealousy, betrayal, anger...

But no matter what he felt, he never really acted on it--until after "Snow Day". Before this season, we didn't see anything like him chatting about a girlfriend or flirting with a colleague--that's all new. Could it be that perhaps the events in "Snow Day" made him re-evaluate the way he was going about things? Maybe he was thinking it was dumb to keep waiting--how many times can you play the hero and not get the girl (or guy in this case ;))? Or maybe he thought he should get the show on the road so Danny would stop taking him for granted and wake up to realize what he's doing to Don...

I'm not sure what I think about Flack's relationship with his father...it's an interesting angle, though...

Feed and nurture the plot bunnies, Kimmy. :devil:

And yes, Danny bakes--total plot bunnies on that one. (You know what I'm talking about. :p)

The way to Flack's heart is through a combination of his stomach and his pants. :devil:

Top41 said:
Speaking of love...do you think Flack has said those three words to Danny yet? And if so, when do you think Flack told Danny he loved him? And did Danny say it back?

And if Flack hasn't said it yet...why not? Because I think the look in his eyes when he looks at Danny makes it pretty clear that he's certainly feeling it!

Yeah, but like it's been said, it was too casual for Danny to take him seriously. Maybe because Flack was afraid he'll scare Danny off. And we all know how insecure Danny can be so, he could probably swear Flack was never serious about them.

But I agree that overall Flack's probably biding his time, waiting for the moment when Danny is ready to hear those words.

Yeah. Giving Danny time & space to grow. ;)

Faylinn said:

I don't know if I've mentioned this in here (I may have--if so, ignore me), but it's about time we got a solo case for Danny so it's just him working with Flack. We got one in season one ("Blood, Sweat and Tears") and one in season two ("Necrophilia Americana"), but nothing since then. I swear, only those two could make an episode worth watching just for the B-case.

I know. It's just so wrong. TPTB, play with the couples. Not every episode has to be Mac & Stella, Danny & Lindsay. That's boring. They owe us at least 2 episodes of Danny & Flack alone on the case.
S1 was way better. We got Danny alone with Flack, Aiden alone with Flack, Danny & Aiden alone. They did a good job with the pairings in S1. Too bad they had to blew it later. :(

Flack is definitely Danny's soul mate, the person he really shares himself with. It's always Flack that Danny turns to, even after he and Lindsay got together. Flack is the one he really trusts with his innermost thoughts, and to take care of him! I think on some level, Danny definitely knows Flack loves him and would do anything for him.

Shoulder to cry on, confident. Someone who is enough alike him to understand. Always there, in good and in bad. Danny is lucky. He just needs to open his eyes and see it.

How do you think Danny will react to finding out about Flack getting his game on with Angell last week? Do you think ...

Well, it's Danny, so he would definitely be shocked at first. Jealous , hurt and mad after. That could really hurt him.

but I think Flack's newly found mojo this season has more to do with not being able to be with the person he really wants as opposed to him suddenly turning into the stud of Manhattan. He's got to look elsewhere, but the minute Danny is in trouble or danger again, he'll drop everything and go to help Danny. Flack's in love.

Exactly. The fact that he is not taking any woman too seriously proves it. I think that more than being with someone for that someone, he just wants to make Danny jealous. Remember how satisfied he looked in 403 after making Danny jealous at Devon. Well, if that wasn't enough to bring Danny back, Don is a patient man. He'll keep trying. ;)

Wow, never knew this thread existed. I don't really ship anyone but I do think Danny and Flack are damn cute together :p

Anyway, where in the hell does that pic with Eddie licking his arm and Carmine with the whip cream come from? I got that magazine today and that pic is NOT in it :mad: ... wait a cotton pick'in minute, I'm in Canada does that mean we get a different version then the people in the U.S. ? :( not fair ....

I believe it's the December issue of CBS Watch with Caruso on the cover--I have no idea if the same magazine is released in the US and Canada, though...

Lorelai said:
They did a good job with the pairings in S1. Too bad they had to blew it later.
I'm feeling nostalgic for season 1, I need to take that out and watch it soon. "Blood, Sweat and Tears" will get a viewing for the B-case. :p (I wasn't too fond of the A-case in that episode, although it wasn't bad--man, I remember when a kid from the circus dying was far-fetched. *lol* Look at some of the stuff they come up with now! :p)

Yeah. Giving Danny time & space to grow.
Time and space to grow up, you mean. :lol: I love the man, but he needs it, seriously. :p

Lampdor said:
Anyway, where in the hell does that pic with Eddie licking his arm and Carmine with the whip cream come from?

Welcome, Lampdor! :D Indeed, Danny and Flack are damn cute together! That picture came from an online blog, which is why it isn't in the magazine. It was taken by the owner of the blog. I'll have to look for the url because I can't recall it at the moment.

Faylinn said:
"Blood, Sweat and Tears" will get a viewing for the B-case.

:lol: That episode? The only thing memorable to me about the A-case is when Hawkes and Mac wrestled with the corpse on the autopsy table. That was pretty cool.

But yes, the B-case was awesome just for the Flack staring. :devil: :lol: If Flack's gaze was tangible, Danny would probably have been naked before they even walked to the bathroom. :devil:

Welcome, Lampdor! Indeed, Danny and Flack are damn cute together! That picture came from an online blog, which is why it isn't in the magazine. It was taken by the owner of the blog. I'll have to look for the url because I can't recall it at the moment.
Ahh thanks Kimmychu :D I found the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back