Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Top41 said:
He knows who he should be with, but he's scared. Flack's his rock. If Flack gets tired of him or fed up with him and leaves him, who's going to save him or be there when he needs him?
Exactly. He knows Don will never leave him as long as they're friends, but if he takes the risk of going 'there' with the relationship, Don might change his mind and leave--and then what will Danny do?

Damnit, Danny, you're hurting Don because you just don't get it. :(

Fay, I LOVE your story!!! I can totally see it happening that way. I can definitely see Danny being with both Flack and Lindsay. He's with the person who's not good for him--and Lindsay's shitty behavior pretty much gurantees she'll hurt Danny down the road--and the one who is, but that he's afraid to be with. And that line that Flack whispers to Danny gives me chills. It's so true.
Thankie, darling. Danny knows it's wrong, but he also knows being with Lindsay isn't really right. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place, and nothing he does is fixing the situation. :(

They'll be together in the end. Danny IS Flack's baby, that's all there is to it.
Yep, I have no doubt about that. It's hard on them now, but when they look back, they'll know it was inevitable. Maybe Danny's just not ready to be with Don at this point, in which case it's better if they're not together right now, you know? It hurts, but in hindsight they'll understand.

poison_girl:
I have a mental image of Flack singing 'Girlfriend' from Avril Lavigne
I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that I've had the same mental image before. If you're crazy, we're both crazy. :lol: ("And hell yeah, I'm the motherf*cking princess!" *dies laughing*)

Lorelai--aww, the staring is adorable. *wub* Behind Don's expression, however, lies a brain that is busy thinking about just how the jackhammer can get to work on his kinkapoodle's sweet little ass. :devil:

Faylinn said:
Exactly. He knows Don will never leave him as long as they're friends, but if he takes the risk of going 'there' with the relationship, Don might change his mind and leave--and then what will Danny do?

It’s almost tragic if you think about it. Danny wants to be with Don, but doesn’t make the next step, because he is afraid to lose their friendship. I guess Danny knows how it feels when people you really care about push you away, it happened with Louie and he doesn’t want it to happen with Don as well.
That would also explain why he would choose a relationship with Lindsay. Probably it wouldn’t be that hurtful for him, if she would end the relationship. Danny doesn’t seem to have much self-respect. It is as if he is waiting for somebody to hurt him and because he is expecting that, it is exactly what he’ll get when he is with Lindsay.
But I’m absolutely sure Danny knows that Don is much better for him and he’ll realize that Don would never hurt him.
And than they will have a lot of fun in bed and will happily live ever after. :devil:

Lorelai , the pictures are great. It is a mystery that Don is even able to work around Danny as busy as he always is with starring. :)

Thanks for the correction, guys! Man, I have just realized how little I know of season three episodes. Ask me anything about season one and I can fire off facts, but seasons two and three? Apart from the major and great episodes ... yeah. :p Now I remember why I can't ever link that convo and that episode correctly. Love Run Cold was one of those episodes I literally headdesked after watching it. That's how bad I thought some parts of it were.

poison girl said:
... and now I have a mental image of Flack singing 'Girlfriend' from Avril Lavigne :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG, I've always had the same idea! In my case, I had this cracky plot where Flack is always driving Danny around (and it seems like he does, thanks to that Shane episode ;)). So, whenever there's somebody else in the car with Danny and Flack, Flack's his usual stoic, quiet, cool self. But when he's alone with Danny in the car, he becomes this sing-a-long nut who is ... not very good at singing. :lol: And since I wanted to place the story mid-season or after season three, I thought it'd be the ultimate crack if Flack started singing along to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend song on the radio!

And Danny would be all :eek: and wonder what is up with his best friend and the person with whom he's secretly and truly in love. ;)

LivingEnd said:
It’s almost tragic if you think about it. Danny wants to be with Don, but doesn’t make the next step, because he is afraid to lose their friendship. I guess Danny knows how it feels when people you really care about push you away, it happened with Louie and he doesn’t want it to happen with Don as well.
I wonder if Danny even realizes that, by pushing Don away, he's doing the same thing to Don that he's afraid that Don would do to him? :( Or maybe he does realize it and thinks Don can handle it better than him. Or maybe he's just-selfish-enough to think it's better off being anybody but himself this time, since he's gotten a lot of disappointment in his own life.

Probably it wouldn’t be that hurtful for him, if she would end the relationship.
He'd go into any relationship, including the one with Lindsay, knowing that it would never be what he'd feel toward Don--so the pain could never be as bad. Don would also know that he could never love anybody the way he loves Danny--but that wouldn't keep him from trying to have relationships anyway. They might not ever be Danny, but he can still care about people--he's got a big heart like that. ;)

And than they will have a lot of fun in bed and will happily live ever after.
Danny stops being stupid and they have lots of sex and (ass)babies. :lol:

Kimmychu said:
I have just realized how little I know of season three episodes.
There are some episodes that I absolutely forget sh*t about. There are a few from season 1 that I can't get straight in my head for the life of me (including "Tri-borough"--why can't I ever remember the cases for that one???), and definitely some from season 2. Season 3 I mostly know, but the other day I was watching a fan video and wondering when in the hell Danny and Hawkes were holding people back during a fight. I eventually figured out that it was "Oediupus Hex" (which I've since watched, along with a few others), but at first I was like 'um...that happened?' :p

Love Run Cold was one of those episodes I literally headdesked after watching it.
Yeah, I seriously think the 'ya like that?' scene and them in the interrogation room later on are pretty much the only redeeming parts of that episode.

But when he's alone with Danny in the car, he becomes this sing-a-long nut who is ... not very good at singing.
:lol: Awesome! :lol:

LivingEnd said:
That would also explain why he would choose a relationship with Lindsay. Probably it wouldn’t be that hurtful for him, if she would end the relationship. Danny doesn’t seem to have much self-respect. It is as if he is waiting for somebody to hurt him and because he is expecting that, it is exactly what he’ll get when he is with Lindsay.
But I’m absolutely sure Danny knows that Don is much better for him and he’ll realize that Don would never hurt him.
And than they will have a lot of fun in bed and will happily live ever after. :devil:

LivingEnd, you have summed up exactly how I feel about them, and where they're at right now. Danny is so afraid of losing Flack that he won't give into what he feels--and what Flack so obviously wants. And Flack is too good a man to force the issue or press Danny into confronting his feelings. Or to make Danny realize how much Flack wants him. Flack's a good guy.

Lorelai , the pictures are great. It is a mystery that Don is even able to work around Danny as busy as he always is with starring. :)

Those pics are so damn cute! :D Flack's so obviously smitten--whenever you look at caps or the screen, it's just all right there. Danny is much more shy, but he looks at Flack with these wide, trusting eyes. It's terribly cute.

Kimmychu said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG, I've always had the same idea! In my case, I had this cracky plot where Flack is always driving Danny around (and it seems like he does, thanks to that Shane episode ;)). So, whenever there's somebody else in the car with Danny and Flack, Flack's his usual stoic, quiet, cool self. But when he's alone with Danny in the car, he becomes this sing-a-long nut who is ... not very good at singing. :lol: And since I wanted to place the story mid-season or after season three, I thought it'd be the ultimate crack if Flack started singing along to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend song on the radio!

And Danny would be all :eek: and wonder what is up with his best friend and the person with whom he's secretly and truly in love. ;)

Flack would totally sing to his baby in the car. Danny would complain but secretly love being serenaded. Random aside--it's so beyond cute that Flack always drives them places. Flack really takes good care of his baby.

Speaking of songs, I've been listening to the new Darren Hayes album, "This Delicate Thing We've Made" (I love him!!!!) and the lyrics to the song "Words" made me think of the boys. Here are some of them that stood out:

"Cut me down and paralyze me with the contents of your pretty little head."
"All those feelings inside, there's nowhere to hide but away from me when I just want to listen to your words."
"I'd like to step into your world. Show me a secret, I promise to keep it safe."
"I want to coax you from your hell, into an alley, into a hidden valley, where the truth can surely spill."
"There's a lock, someone's stolen the key, took you away from me, somewhere that no one can reach you."

The lyrics really capture the way Flack seems feels about his Danny.[/mushy]

;)

Faylinn said:
I wonder if Danny even realizes that, by pushing Don away, he's doing the same thing to Don that he's afraid that Don would do to him? :( Or maybe he does realize it and thinks Don can handle it better than him. Or maybe he's just-selfish-enough to think it's better off being anybody but himself this time, since he's gotten a lot of disappointment in his own life.

I think that's part of it--that Danny can't deal with any more disappointment, not from someone he trusts and needs so much. But I also think it ties into Danny's self worth, or lack thereof. Danny no doubt thinks Flack deserves better.

Love the lyrics, Top. Especially these:

"All those feelings inside, there's nowhere to hide but away from me when I just want to listen to your words."
*prods Danny* Stop hiding, damnit!

Danny no doubt thinks Flack deserves better.
He needs to wake up and smell the cinnamon twists--Flack is perfectly capable of determining when something isn't worth his time and effort. The fact that he's still sticking by Danny says, more than anything else, that Danny is worth it to Don. *prods Danny some more*

Flack would totally sing to his baby in the car. Danny would complain but secretly love being serenaded.
For some reason, I just had the mental image of Danny demanding that he at least sing something other than Avril Lavigne--and Don would turn on some random station. Lord help the man if he tries to sing Josh Groban or something. :lol: Oh geez, or country--Flack singing country would be hilarious but wrong. Especially if he's singing Rhonda's favorite song: "Honkytonk Badonkadonk". :lol: He might get in trouble if he commented on Danny's ass--he'd mean it as a compliment, but Danny probably wouldn't take it that way. :lol:

Thank you, Kimmy, now I know I'm not the only one insane here ;)

Flack surely would be singing to Danny in the car, and the shower, and the bed, and while cooking in the kitchen only dressed with an apron. Hehe, I like this mental image :devil:

Danny would surely love hearing Flack singing, even if he would kid him comparing his voice to a bunch of pissed off cats. To annoy Flack, Danny would tease him with double meaning song, like 'what what, in the butt' :devil:

^Flack would so take that as an invitation. :lol: :devil: ;)

Faylinn said:
He needs to wake up and smell the cinnamon twists--Flack is perfectly capable of determining when something isn't worth his time and effort. The fact that he's still sticking by Danny says, more than anything else, that Danny is worth it to Don. *prods Danny some more*

Yep, exactly. Flack knows what he wants--his Danny. Flack is a pretty grounded, together guy. I don't see him chasing someone who is bad for him (unlike some other people we might know ;) ). Danny needs to let Flack catch him. ;)

For some reason, I just had the mental image of Danny demanding that he at least sing something other than Avril Lavigne--and Don would turn on some random station. Lord help the man if he tries to sing Josh Groban or something. :lol: Oh geez, or country--Flack singing country would be hilarious but wrong. Especially if he's singing Rhonda's favorite song: "Honkytonk Badonkadonk". :lol: He might get in trouble if he commented on Danny's ass--he'd mean it as a compliment, but Danny probably wouldn't take it that way. :lol:

Flack's probably always commenting on Danny's ass. :devil: He's clearly very fond of it, if his wandering eyes are any indication. ;) :devil: Can you blame him? That's one fine ass. ;)

I can kinda see Flack singing country to Danny just to be really, really cheesy. :D

Don singing country would be really, really cheesy and really, really embarrassing--and if Don had shame when it came to Danny, it might bother him. But really, Don wouldn't mind making a fool of himself if it meant that Danny would be amused. ;)

A happy Danny is an agreeable Danny, after all. :devil:

Ok, the mental image of Danny knowing "What What" is frickin' hilarious, but I'm afraid Flack wouldn't take it as teasing. :devil: As Top says, he'd definitely think it was an invitation--and really, wouldn't it be? :devil:

You don't kid around when it comes to Danny's bubblebutt. :lol:

And back to the more serious side of this discussion:

Top41 said:
Flack is a pretty grounded, together guy. I don't see him chasing someone who is bad for him
Exactly, and I think that's a big part of it. Working hard for something you know that you both need, and which would be the right thing for you is different than just running around and trying to play lapdog. Don can see the difference, and Danny (hopefully) will eventually. Be it next month, next year, or five years from now, they'll work it out.

Because Don Flack Jr always gets his man. :devil:

Danny singing What, What in the Butt?!

BWAHAHAHAHAH! :lol: That is seriously one of the gayest songs in human history. (It can be found on Youtube, by the way. Just be prepared for some mental trauma after watching it.)

So! Say that Flack and Danny actually and eventually become canon on the show. How do you think the rest of the team will react to finding out about the relationship, if Danny and Flack decide to not hide it? Do you think it's even possible that they will choose to not conceal it from the others?

And, yes. Do you guys prefer Danny and Flack with their body hair or not? :devil:

EVERYONE MUST WATCH "WHAT WHAT" AT LEAST ONCE IN THEIR LIVES! :p

You have not lived until you've seen that video. The lipgloss! The lipgloss! :lol:

Anyway, moving back on-topic. *cough*

Canon? Kimmy, you know I *heart* Don Strachey/Timmy Callahan (*grins at signature banner*), so I gotta say I'm all about that kind of man-loving. :p If Danny and Flack had a relationship on the show, I'd hope it would be something more along those lines and not some ridiculously stereotypical portrayal of non-heterosexual men because -bleh- do I hate that.

I don't think the rest of the team would have big issues with it. Surprise, maybe, if they didn't see it coming (and then they'd rush to get an appointment so they could get glasses to enable them to SEE), but I wouldn't expect disgust or anything. Maybe not 100% approval, but I'm not sure...*shrug* These people know each other better than most other people could know them, so I imagine they'd be happy for the guys...

I don't think they'd try to conceal it--maybe at first they'd be a bit more careful about not OMG SHOUTING IT OUT, but I don't know that it would be a big secret. On the one hand, I could see them keeping it private, but on the other hand--hiding it could imply being ashamed of it.

If only there wasn't such a friggin' stigma. :rolleyes:

Do you guys prefer Danny and Flack with their body hair or not?
Why do I get the feeling you're asking these questions for a very specific reason? Fanfic in the works, my dear? :devil:

Hair vs. no hair...Personally, I think shaving everything but your head and eyebrows is not sexy. But I don't really get the gorilla look. I'm all for a nice, happy medium.

I don't really see either Danny or Flack being tremendously hairy, so leaving the hair alone would be fine--not to mention that I have no idea when they'd find time for body hair removal. :lol:

OMG, I watched ’What, What’! That was hilarious. :eek:
Damn, now I have to find a way to get that song out of my head again. It’s kind of catchy and I have to be careful not to sing it loud unconsciously. I guess I would get weird looks. :lol:

Kimmychu said:

So! Say that Flack and Danny actually and eventually become canon on the show. How do you think the rest of the team will react to finding out about the relationship, if Danny and Flack decide to not hide it? Do you think it's even possible that they will choose to not conceal it from the others?

If D/F would become canon, I don’t think they would try to hide it at least not from the people they are close to. They probably won’t call it from the rooftops but I guess finally the others would find out about it and than they wouldn’t lie to them.

I like to think that the rest of the team is tolerant enough to accept their relationship and to be happy for them. I remember Danny’s expression in Heart of Glass (great scene, “Does Flack know?“ :lol:) when he found out about Mac and Peyton. That kind of surprise is the most possible reaction I would expect from the others.

I have to say that I’m kind of happy that D/F more than likely will never be canon, as sad as that is. I just don’t think that TPTB would handle it too good especially when you look how they handled most of the romance on the show. :rolleyes:

As for the hair I agree with Faylinn :

Hair vs. no hair...Personally, I think shaving everything but your head and eyebrows is not sexy. But I don't really get the gorilla look. I'm all for a nice, happy medium.

LivingEnd said:
OMG, I watched ’What, What’! That was hilarious.
Damn, now I have to find a way to get that song out of my head again. It’s kind of catchy and I have to be careful not to sing it loud unconsciously. I guess I would get weird looks.
I was singing that five minutes ago. Very lucky my partners have no idea what I'm saying because they don't understand english.

Faylinn said
I'm with you too. I ove the way the guys are now, not too many, not too less. What I really don't think is their taste is the man Don closed the door in Bad beat. That's a good example for too much and bad placed :lol:

I have not yet watched "What, What" but will someday. :lol: And like Fay said, you don't joke around when it comes to Danny's sweet ass. Flack takes that ass very seriously. ;) :devil: Danny singing that song would be like a mating call for Flack. :lol:

As for if they ever actually got together on the show...I think that their coworkers would take it in stride. I bet Stella knows how Flack feels. Those two are close, and hell, Stella has eyes. I bet she's caught Flack staring a time or seven. ;) She must know how he feels about Danny. I think she'd be happy for them. Mac would probably be surprised but take it in stride.

As for hair, the clean-shaven chests don't bother me. :eek: More on Danny than Flack--Flack needs some hair. But as long as they're not excessively hairy, it's all good.

BTW, Kimmy and Fay, I haven't had a chance to comment at your LJs yet, but I love your latest stories! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back