Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Haha, that would be the day. *chuckles* All things being equal, the chemistry is definitely there, but I'm not sure TPTB would like going with something they didn't scrape from the bottom of the cliche barrel.

Either way, there's been something there since season 1 if they'd gone with it. It's a shame when reality doesn't have a place on tv--real reality, if you know what I mean. Lack of non-heterosexuality is hardly the only problem with CSI:NY, but the networks need to get over their fear of teh ghey. And no, not "Will and Grace" style. :rolleyes:

I would think with their ratings obsession, it'd be at the top of their list.
It would either be a ratings smash or cause the show to sink--and I'm not sure the network would take the chance. Adding homosexuality for shock value probably wouldn't do much beyond the initial buzz, but a good, in-depth, realistic storyline...*shrug*

Oh well, not like it's likely to happen. The restrictions are there--for better or worse. (Definitely worse.)

I love me some "Torchwood" and "Dr. Who"--oh, the delightful, slightly-corny goodness. :p Plus, like Joolz said, they aren't afraid of the gay. (Hello, John Barrowman FTW?! :lol:)

Kimmychu said:
CBS, the nation's most watched network overall, and NBC also received grades of "fair," with 9 percent and 7 percent of their programming deemed gay-inclusive, respectively.

The study faulted CBS for casting gay and lesbian characters mostly as victims and villains in its procedural police dramas without including gays on any of the crime-solving teams.

Source: Yahoo News

Those are pretty sad numbers, and I hope one day the U.S. will catch up with the UK. Sadly, I think we've got a long way to go, and this country, like many other places, is slow to overcome its prejudices. This one will be overcome though--I have confidence in that. It just might take a while.

That being said, I don't ship Danny and Flack out of any desire to make a political statement, and I know you guys don't either. I want to see them together because of the honest-to-goodness chemistry that exists between these two. They simply spark! It's the same reason I wanted to see Ross and Rachel together on Friends or that I like Gwen and Owen on Torchwood (sorry, Fay! :eek: ;) ). If I see chemistry, I'm drawn to the couple--whether it's a guy and a girl, two guys or two girls.

To answer your question, Joolz, I'm not sure Danny and Flack would be together even if the network were more openminded about same sex couples. I think of all the characters that could have been paired up on CSI: NY, Danny and Lindsay is a pretty poor choice, even if you're sticking to just heterosexual pairings. Lindsay has much better chemistry with Mac, and Danny has sparked with pretty much every woman but Lindsay; he has more chemistry with Stella or Maka or Angell than he has with Lindsay. So, no, I don't have a lot of faith that we would have seen Danny with Flack even if things were different on network TV.

Flack getting a girlfriend disappoints me the most. Not because she's rich or a socialite or whatever, but because I think up until this point, the only person we've seen Flack really flirt with and stare at is Danny. I'd be more than happy if the writers had decided to explore it as a one-sided thing (at least initially ;) )--Flack having a thing for Danny and Danny having no clue. To me, that would have been a great way to test the waters and also present a realistic and believable and unique situation on television. I would have loved to see that.

In the meantime, I can't wait to read Kimmy's story about Flack going all Tarzan on Danny. :devil: ;)

Urg, why must you mention Owen? Can't I just kick him? :lol: (But considering that I haven't seen a few of the "Torchwood" eps, I'll concede that I might have missed something key that would make me like his character. ;))

I'm not surprised by those numbers, Kimmy, but it's definitely sad to see such a low number--especially considering that the CSI shows are (arguably) their biggest draw and, as the report said, the only time you see someone who is gay, it's because they're somehow involved in the crime. Sometimes gay people are family members, witnesses, innocent suspects, and yes, crime scene investigators. The worst part is that a large chunk of the viewing audience probably doesn't even realize that there's a bias against it because it's not something that gets much attention on American television at all...

I don't ship Danny and Flack out of any desire to make a political statement, and I know you guys don't either.
Nope. While I think a lot of things could be said with a canon relationship between those two, that's not my motivation for liking it. ;)

Flack getting a girlfriend disappoints me the most.
Yeah, that development has me scratching my head a bit. Part of it is who they're putting him with, but I find it strange that after three seasons of nothing, they're suddenly hell-bent on showing Flack with his hot girlfriend. :confused:

The idea of one-sided feelings between Flack and Danny would definitely have been interesting to see, but I'm noticing a tendency for TPTB to miss out on great opportunities. Just talking about romantic pairings, the chemistry between Mac and Lindsay in S2 and between Danny and Maka in S1/S2 are examples of that. (Danny and Maka especially--their first scene together practically oozed mutual attraction. I can't say I would have had a problem with that particular pairing. ;))

^^Maybe, just maybe, Flack all of the sudden is conflicted about his feeling for Danny and starts seeing this girl because maybe he thinks that after all these years, Danny might not be interested in him. Maybe he's getting pressure from his father to settle down, get married, and have kids. Maybe he'll realize that Danny is really who he wants to be with.

Top, I agree that they should have pursued Flack having a thing for Danny and Danny being clueless. After three seasons of staring at Danny, they'll never get me to believe he's not crushing on him. I'd even be happy if they'd string us along and in the series finale, show something that would make us sure Danny and Flack finally became a couple or rather something that showed us Danny finally saw the light.

*sigh* all this DL stuff in season 4, not to mention Flack's girlfriend, has me down, as I'm sure it does some of you, but fear not Team Flack! We shall prevail! When Don realizes Devon is slumming it and Danny gets bored with the cowgirl... you better believe they'll end up in each others beds. ^_^

Thought I'd share some DF banners with you guys while we all try to hold our breath through the stench of these canon mistakes. ^_^ Here's a sample and links to a few more. All are based on the manip I did, of the boys in bed together.
THIS.png
screwed-her.gif

Still Banner #2
Still Banner #3
Still Banner #4

Animated Banner #2

1CSIMfan said:
^^Maybe, just maybe, Flack all of the sudden is conflicted about his feeling for Danny and starts seeing this girl because maybe he thinks that after all these years, Danny might not be interested in him. Maybe he's getting pressure from his father to settle down, get married, and have kids. Maybe he'll realize that Danny is really who he wants to be with.

And that, my friends, is the exact mindset required for the next one-shot story I'm writing. ;)

But yeah, I'm about to say something pretty bad for somebody who's been a fan of the show since the pilot episode: I haven't been interested in it at all since season three. The only reason I still watch bits of it (or whole episodes of the good ones) is thanks to you guys who keep the love going for me until today ... That, and of course, the fantastic scenes from season one and bits and pieces from the seasons after that.

Season four? I actually yawned after reading the spoilers. Cliche seems to be the keyword for the new season. And for some reason, I'm very doubtful we'll be getting Danny/Flack scenes. I hope TPTB will prove me wrong.

Back to the boys ... yep, I am totally noting down the Flack-zan & Danny AU plot. :devil: Can you imagine Flack in nothing but a leopard-print loincloth? Swinging around on vines and going, "OOOOHHHHHH-OH-OH-OH-OHHHHHHH!" He must have one hell of a bod there! :lol: And what must Danny be like? A whiny, high-class explorer in khaki who has labourers carrying all his things for him! :lol:

But of course, once Flack-zan has his way with him, Danny will be more than happy to do ... some of the work. ;) :devil:

Ooh, it's been a while since I have last been in here...It's great to come in a read some interesting discussions and thoughts though. :)

I'm sorry you're feeling that way about season 4 Kimmy, the spoilers are certainly disappointing regarding any possibility of more D/F action. :( I will, however, remain hopeful that if nothing else, we will get to see more of the Danny/Flack friendship that shines through. Just one scene like 'Comes Around' will satisfy me, because I know there is chemistry and that these two are right for each other, even if TPTB won't indulge me... :( ;) Luckily for them, I am one fangirl that is easily pleased. :lol:

Top41 said:
I don't ship Danny and Flack out of any desire to make a political statement, and I know you guys don't either. I want to see them together because of the honest-to-goodness chemistry that exists between these two. They simply spark!

Exactly, with these two it's just obvious! Whilst I would never expect Danny and Flack to ever be in a canon relationship on the show, even if NY did go for a gay couple they would simply never risk it with two of their regular characters, I do love that their chemistry still shows through. It's just sad that for Flack's personal development they have gone down the traditional girlfriend route, rather than exploring something like his family and history which we would have all loved, and for Danny they look to still be pushing a relationship which, in my opinion, just doesn't have enough of a spark or excitement to it to make me believe in it.

*sighs* Sometimes I weep for Danny and Flack. :(

Oh, roxi, I love your banners by the way. You are very talented. :D And Kimmy, I can't wait to read that fic! I'm looking forward to it already... I can just see spoilt little Danny being rescued and swinging through the trees with a very masculine and sexy loin clothed Flack-zan. :devil: :D

Danny the spoiled explorer? Flack in a loin-cloth? Flack rescuing Danny and swinging on a vine with Danny in tow (and you know Flack would be copping a feel ;) )? Yes, please! :devil: ;) I can't wait to read this story.

I imagine with Danny dating Lindsay, Flack doesn't think he's got a shot anymore. No wonder the guy can barely look at Lindsay--he's probably thinking, "Danny chose that over me?" and maybe decides to one-up Danny in the girlfriend department--not that that would be hard to do. :lol: I know a lot of you don't like the description of Flack's girlfriend, but really, there's no way Flack could choose worse than Danny did. :lol:

I still don't love the idea of Flack with a girlfriend, but it does make sense that, at least for now, he'd give up on Danny. Or at least look elsewhere for a bit. That doesn't mean he wouldn't, say, corner Danny in the locker room and try to get a little somethin' somethin' to show Danny what real lovin' is. ;) :devil:

^^I'm actually looking forward to seeing Flack with a girl. I dunno why other than the fact that I know she will be a much better catch than Lindsay (and any good scenes can make for some great photo manips :p). Plus, it will show Danny that Flack can get anybody he wants although I have this feeling that Devon was the one who picked Flack. I don't know if she has genuine feelings for him or not but it might be nice to see Flack not waiting around for Danny to wake up from Lindsay hell.

Maybe Danny will finally wake up once he sees Flack's lost some interest in him. Danny loves Flack's attention and if it's directed at someone else after the three seasons we've seen (I'm sure he's started at Danny ever since he first met him), Danny will probably not be happy about it.

Kimmy, I know that every season since season one has been a disappointment with the addition of Lindsay but you can't give up on our ship. We'll keep you inspired to write Danny/Flack fiction while we all wait for the day the Danny is tired of his Lindsay phase (and we all know that will happen).

1CSIMfan said:
Maybe Danny will finally wake up once he sees Flack's lost some interest in him. Danny loves Flack's attention and if it's directed at someone else after the three seasons we've seen (I'm sure he's started at Danny ever since he first met him), Danny will probably not be happy about it.

Danny always wants all the attention on him, and who gives him more attention than anyone else? Flack. Flack's eyes never leave him if they're in a room together, he always goes outside to personally walk Danny into the crime scene, he lifts crime scene tape for Danny, he rushes to meet Danny whenever Danny calls or has a crisis of some sort, etc., etc. Danny is used to Flack doting on him. Flack getting a girlfriend is going to seriously take away from his Danny-doting time, and Danny is not going to like that one bit. :lol: Danny likes unwavering devotion, that's for sure. :lol:

Hmm, I may have misphrased some things.

I may not be optimistic about season four, but I'll never give up on Danny/Flack. :D I think my fic writing has slowed down a lot because I'm shifting my concentration back onto my painting and drawing ... but no worries, I'm sure when I see some new promo pics of Danny and Flack, my fandom love will blaze right back up. :lol:

What I meant by the lack of Danny/Flack scenes was the friendship-wise ones. I know shippy ones will never happen on the show. C'mon, I'm being realistic here. :p The only times we've ever seen anyone remotely close to being gay on the show was that lesbian photographer and that transexual. And one turned out to be the villain and the other turned out ... well, dead. I mean, there's only one non-white person on the main cast, so I do think it's going to be a looooooong time before anyone who isn't heterosexual pops up on the cast too. (By the way, I'm not trying to fight for any political thingy here. I hate politics. Makes me want to shove a boot up somebody's ass. :lol:)

And, uh oh ... the image of Flack in a leopard-print g-string is stuck in my head. :eek: How do you guys imagine him talking?

Flack-zan: Me Flack-zan, you Danny.
Danny: Flack-zan? What kinda name is tha- hey, wha-what are you doin'?
Flack-zan: Here bed. You clothes go.
Danny: Hey, that's Armani, you oa-
*RIIIIIIPPPPPPPP*
Danny: I'm tellin' ya, you better let me go or I'm gonna bust yer friggin' onions -
*g-string flies*
Danny: I ... I ... *stares* So, uh, what didcha say your name was, again?
Flack-zan: Flack-zan gooood. :D

*ded* Kimmy, you're so wrong for that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, you have to write that. :p

You're concentrating on art--so give us more pervy D/F drawings. :devil: I'm just kidding--I'll admit, I haven't had much inspiration for D/F lately myself. I've tended to have Hawkes/Adam on my mind much more. :p Gotta spread the love around the cast, after all. ;)

I definitely have no problem believing that Don would move on (at least temporarily) in light of Danny's recent actions. Whatever Danny's reasons (and I can come up with plenty, as I'm sure you guys can as well), Don would have his reasons too--not least of which because the man is only human and damn, how long is he going to wait for Danny to get his shit together?! So yeah, Don with a girlfriend doesn't really phase me. Nothing's set in stone until you're dead, as they say. ;)

I'm looking forward to the friendship, definitely. It humanizes the characters and gives them some depth--what we extrapolate from those scenes is lovely, but it's the friendship I'm wanting on the show. Like you say, realistically speaking D/F doesn't have a popsicle's chance in Hell of happening, at least not on CBS and not right now. So, we make the best of it--and the friendship scenes are the best for everyone. Nobody can hate that, can they? :lol:

Hmm, I may have misphrased some things.

I may not be optimistic about season four, but I'll never give up on Danny/Flack.
Nah. You phrased it right. I just panicked. :p

Flack-zan: Me Flack-zan, you Danny.
Danny: Flack-zan? What kinda name is tha- hey, wha-what are you doin'?
Flack-zan: Here bed. You clothes go.
Danny: Hey, that's Armani, you oa-
*RIIIIIIPPPPPPPP*
Danny: I'm tellin' ya, you better let me go or I'm gonna bust yer friggin' onions -
*g-string flies*
Danny: I ... I ... *stares* So, uh, what didcha say your name was, again?
Flack-zan: Flack-zan gooood.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything or it would be all over my laptop right now. Kimmy, you made my day. You must write that fic.

I definitely have no problem believing that Don would move on (at least temporarily) in light of Danny's recent actions.
No doubt he'll come back to Danny but we can't fault him for not sitting around waiting anymore. What better way to get Danny faster than to see somebody else.

They have the same face, but for Dany is more natural and Don looks more forced. :lol:

If those two keep on doing that, next thing we'll see is Danny wearing Flack fugly ties, with his wife beater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back