Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Danny is a horrible judge of character, and he's also very insecure. I could see him wondering about Flack staring at him and then going, "Nahhhhhh. No way!" I imagine Danny would have a hard time wrapping his head around someone as great as Flack being into him. Flack has such a calming influence on Danny--I suspect Danny looks up to him a bit.

So I could see Danny being clueless about Flack being crazy about him. And Flack dating some rich chick is not going to make Danny wake up and realize Flack is crazy about him.

I wonder if it might alienate Danny. Danny and Flack are both New Yorkers, but I get the feeling Flack is a little more of a blue blood than Danny. Maybe not upper class, but maybe upper middle class to Danny's lower middle class. Not that it's a class thing, but it could highlight the differences for Danny, and make him withdraw a bit. Danny's so insecure that I could see that happening.

Flack really needs to just kiss Danny. :lol: :D

Flack dating a rich, pretty socialite can go a few ways in regards to Danny.

One, knowing how insecure Danny is and how he loves jumping to conclusions, he might assume that Flack's blatant staring was all just in his head and no longer consider the possibility that Flack was actually interested in him in the first place.

Two, if Danny has been aware of Flack's intense attention on him all this time, he might take Flack dating this rich socialite as a sign that Flack has lost interest in him, big time. Rich? Socialite? Pretty? A woman? Everything Danny's not. It's like a giant nail driven straight in with one big blow. Maybe Danny will kick himself in the ass for letting somebody amazing like Flack slip through his fingers. No, make that, he definitely will.

Or three, Danny might see Flack with his new girlfriend one day, and realize what he might have had if he only had the guts to make a move ... and do it. :D Gosh, I will be jumping for joy should TPTB actually have the guts to write out a plot like that for the new season!

Awww, Danny being the one to kiss Flack first would be so cute! You know Flack would be totally stunned for a moment and then grab Danny and show his Kinkapoodle how enthusiastic he is about him. ;) :devil:

I think Danny's probably too insecure to make the first move, though, especially if Flack is dating someone else. Plus I think Danny likes to be chased. Even with Lindsay, Danny didn't make the first move physically--both times, she came on to him. Danny clearly makes people work for a piece of that ass. :lol:

But Flack's saved Danny three times (OtJ, Trapped, Snow Day), been there for him countless times, stared like there's nothing else in the room--what's a guy got to do to get a little Kinkapoodle lovin'???

Danny taking the first step would be the most possible of all options. Flack shows around his love and care for Danny. It's Danny the one that made the relationship take a step back. The moment Danny get all things clear, and decides things like Lindsay are just the way his mind have to block the evident, his mutual care and love. This would be the start of a lot of moments and smexs for those two.

It really looks like Flack is more atent to Danny than Danny to Flack. Where was Danny when Flack had to arrest his mentor in The fall, or after the bomb in the Hospital, or after Truby was arrested? That's why I believe Danny should be the one to finally make up his mind and go for the Detective.

I definitely think that Flack has decided to let Danny make the first move, if any moves are made at all. He's shown Danny who he is and where he's coming from, and it's up to Danny to decide what he wants now. I think Flack might want to be sure that Danny understands that this isn't the kind of relationship Danny is used to. Flack doesn't have ulterior motives, he doesn't want to use Danny--and maybe he thinks the best way to let Danny see that is by giving him the space to come on his own.

The girlfriend bit puts a kink in that theory, but maybe Flack has decided that if Danny isn't spending time alone, then he shouldn't either. Perhaps they had an argument or something. You never know. It's also possible that maybe Danny said or did something to intentionally push Don away, for whatever reason, and Don has decided that maybe it's time to just accept that it won't happen.

Silly boy, you'll get your man in the end. ;)

I dunno why, but the idea of a man liking to be chased is kinda amusing. :lol: It differs from the norm of the guy chasing the girl (or in this case, handsome homicide detective ;)), and I like that! Danny had better make the chase worth it though. :devil:

Top41 said:
But Flack's saved Danny three times (OtJ, Trapped, Snow Day), been there for him countless times, stared like there's nothing else in the room--what's a guy got to do to get a little Kinkapoodle lovin'???

:lol: Oh dear, now that ya put it that way, I gotta wonder how poor Flack's going to get Danny's attention. Hmmm. Maybe he can just drop his pants in front of Danny at the labs one day and show the guy he's packing waaaay more than just a roll of quarters. :devil: ;)

poison_girl said:
Where was Danny when Flack had to arrest his mentor in The fall, or after the bomb in the Hospital, or after Truby was arrested? That's why I believe Danny should be the one to finally make up his mind and go for the Detective.

Yeah, it's sad the friendship between the two guys is, for now, rather one-sided. (I know, a lot of it has to do with the way each episode was written out for specific characters, but still.) I'm hoping the writers will rectify this situation in the coming season. At least one episode where we get to see Danny showing Flack support, please!

Faylinn said:
I think Flack might want to be sure that Danny understands that this isn't the kind of relationship Danny is used to. Flack doesn't have ulterior motives, he doesn't want to use Danny--and maybe he thinks the best way to let Danny see that is by giving him the space to come on his own.

Awwwww, that made me fall in love with Flack all over again. (And Danny's an idiot for not seeing what a wonderful guy Flack is. ;)) It'll be a beautiful thing when Danny finally realizes Flack's the real deal, in all ways. :)

*loves Faylinn's avatar* :lol: Sorry, that was OT, but I couldn't help it. :eek: :D

Kimmychu said:
I dunno why, but the idea of a man liking to be chased is kinda amusing. :lol: It differs from the norm of the guy chasing the girl (or in this case, handsome homicide detective ;)), and I like that! Danny had better make the chase worth it though. :devil:

It is kinda funny, isn't it? But that's totally the way I see their relationship. Danny is all coy and lets Flack come after him. Even when they meet up outside of work--the diner, the bar, etc.--it always seems like Flack is coming to Danny. I think Danny likes the attention! He even makes puppy dog eyes at Flack (in "...Comes Around").

So yeah, I think Danny likes it that Flack makes his interest so obvious. For all that Flack does for Danny, Danny had really better make the chase worth it. :lol:

Top41 said:
:lol: Oh dear, now that ya put it that way, I gotta wonder how poor Flack's going to get Danny's attention. Hmmm. Maybe he can just drop his pants in front of Danny at the labs one day and show the guy he's packing waaaay more than just a roll of quarters. :devil: ;)

:lol: Danny would definitely be wide-eyed at that!!! :eek: But maybe if Danny saw the Jackhammer, he'd be inclined to let Flack...how can I say this and not piss off our old friend the Meter? :p --have a go at him. ;) :devil:

poison_girl said:
Where was Danny when Flack had to arrest his mentor in The fall, or after the bomb in the Hospital, or after Truby was arrested? That's why I believe Danny should be the one to finally make up his mind and go for the Detective.

Yeah, it's sad the friendship between the two guys is, for now, rather one-sided. (I know, a lot of it has to do with the way each episode was written out for specific characters, but still.) I'm hoping the writers will rectify this situation in the coming season. At least one episode where we get to see Danny showing Flack support, please!

Yeah, it has been one-sided, but we don't see Flack really confide in anybody much, save for that one moment with Hawkes in the finale, which he brushed off pretty quickly. I still wonder if Flack doesn't try to put on a brave front for Danny, if it isn't important to him that Danny see him as someone who's infalliable. I think Flack likes being the strong one in their relationship, so I do wonder if he'd even look at Danny as someone he could confide in.

Faylinn said:
I think Flack might want to be sure that Danny understands that this isn't the kind of relationship Danny is used to. Flack doesn't have ulterior motives, he doesn't want to use Danny--and maybe he thinks the best way to let Danny see that is by giving him the space to come on his own.

Awwwww, that made me fall in love with Flack all over again. (And Danny's an idiot for not seeing what a wonderful guy Flack is. ;)) It'll be a beautiful thing when Danny finally realizes Flack's the real deal, in all ways. :)

I know. I think poor Danny is so used to being mistreated--look at how well Lindsay treats him :rolleyes: and his "father figure" Mac was pretty hard on him as well in the first season--that he probably can't comprehend being in a healthy relationship where someone is as good to him as Flack is.

*loves Faylinn's avatar* Sorry, that was OT, but I couldn't help it.
:p I was talking to Kimmy about the restaurant and I went looking for more pictures of the place since we've only got a few of the outside--and someone had that picture of the logo and I had to see if I could make a readable avatar. :lol: [/off-topic]

Okies, I read the Gay Kama Sutra cover to cover, and it's not all about the hot man-on-man action (although that part was certainly fascinating to read :devil:). Anyway, there was one passage in the section about relationships that stood out to me when I was reading it, and I think it's relevant to these two. I've underlined the part that really stood out to me.

"In order to sustain our relationships, perhaps in the face of disapproval and pressure from those around us, we must learn to be strong and proud, and to be absolutely convinced of the value of our love. If we come to accept other people's disapproval of our gayness, then we are in trouble. The more secretive we are about our relationship, the more difficult it is to make it successful. If we are required to deny that our love exists, then our relationship is immediately debased. That is why we must let those we love know that we are a couple, and that we need them to recognize the importance we attach to the life we have with our partner."

:( F*cking angst.

Awww, that's sad. :(

You know, all this time we've kind of assumed that Danny is the one running from the relationship, but...what if Flack and Danny were together, and Flack was the one who didn't want it to get out. After all, Danny seems to care desperately what those around him think, but he doesn't give a toss what anyone else thinks. He's always mouthing off to people, and he did mention something in the "The Closer" about a guy kissing a guy not being a big deal.

Hmmmm.

What if it's Flack that kept them secret? Flack's pretty obvious about how he feels about Danny, but that doesn't mean he realizes he's being obvious. Flack probably thinks no one can tell that he's checking out Danny's ass at crime scenes.

That also might go a ways to explain why the relationship is a little unbalanced--Flack is the one hell-bent on keeping it secret, so Danny lets Flack approach him and be the one to make the moves.

It would explain Lindsay too--maybe Danny got tired of being Flack's dirty little secret. Of course, that would kind of put Flack in the same boat with the others--as someone who doesn't treat Danny quite as well as he should.

Fay's right--that is angsty. :lol:

Hmmmm.

I've never considered Danny being the one who wants the relationship to be open due to his insecurity. He's already jumpy and emotional as it is just worrying about people discovering his past ties to the Tanglewood Boys and all that ... how would it be like should he be hiding his sexual orientation that's, well, not the norm for the majority of the public? And this is law enforcement we're talking about here. One of the fields of work that's repped to be very unfriendly towards homosexual officers.

Hmmm. I really do wonder about Flack wanting to keep it quiet. It works when you consider Flack's family rep, especially his dad's. The mere thought of his son in a relationship with a man is most likely more than enough to give Flack, Sr. a fatal heart attack. :lol: Unless ... well, his dad's one open-minded old guy who surprises the hell out of everybody. :p But if Flack, Sr.'s anything like that, it'd be weird that Flack would dislike him, wouldn't it?

Hmmmmmm. I dunno. I think Flack is a man who doesn't give a #$%* what people think of him. Maybe his dad and his blown-out-of-proportion legendary rep made him think big time about being real and true to himself, rather than depending on a rep to be respected or something. (Geez, did that even make sense? :p) So, I can't see him as being the one in hiding. He seems to be the kind of guy who'll be open about the relationship and pretty much say, "You got a problem with that?" into the face of anyone who dares to talk #$%& about it. :D

Top41 said:
He's always mouthing off to people, and he did mention something in the "The Closer" about a guy kissing a guy not being a big deal.

:eek: Danny said that?! How did I miss that?! What the - that's it, Danny was so hinting that he doesn't mind getting it on with a man. Pleasepleaseplease tell me he said that to Flack. :devil: :lol: That would be ... perfect. I want to make an icon out of it!

:lol: Sorry, Kimmy, but he was talking to their perp. Remember the dead guy had kissed him on the mouth when they were on the big screen, and Danny said something like "you got all worked up over a little smooch?"

I definitely think that Flack might hesitate to be in a relationship with another guy because of the fact that he's an umpteenth generation cop. However much he might love someone, there would still be that worry or fear--doesn't mean he'd let it stop him, but I think it would definitely be something that would weigh on his mind.

Between the pair of them, I think there could be some definite worry and hesitation and awkwardness, especially with regards to the relationship being public. It's easy enough to be together when nobody else knows, but having to take the leap and really put yourself out there by telling everyone...

It could just be that they're both worried but not talking about it--and so they misunderstand each other or don't connect on it all...if that makes sense. :lol:

Flack should kiss Danny to see how Danny reacts. :devil: ;)

Yeah, if they both tried to keep it secret for their own reasons it could be a real mess. Danny would inevitably become insecure about being Don's dirty little secret and withdraw from Flack, while Flack would become puzzled at Danny's insecurities and change of behavior. It could lead to major angst...and possibly a certain CSI doing something stupid, like dating someone else.

I really wonder if Flack has any idea how obvious he is. I mean he hardly even looks at anyone else if Danny's in the room!

I think we need some pics... :devil: :D

Heh, it's bad to lie, period. ;)

(Ooo, just read the latest spoilers for the third episode of season four, and it seems we might see a lot of Flack, if ya know what I mean. ;))

As for pictures ... say, ya think I can post bubblebutt!Danny if I censored part of his butt? :devil:

I really don't see either of them ACTIVELY trying to hide it if they were together. On the other hand I don't see them shouting it from the rooftops. Realistically, if they got together I see them just going on nonchalantly about it. Not hiding it, not announcing it. Just living it. Maybe a few more smiles and knowing looks at work (if that's possible, i dunno). Flack might stare at Danny at work even more gratuitously if he became intimately familiar with what Danny looked like sans clothing, but they're both pretty professional and I don't think they'd want to do anything to jeopardize their workplace standing.

I think they'd try not to make a big deal out of it, and wouldn't see how it was really anyones busines, but their own.

^^I don't see why not, if it's censored.

How about a few from the episode that started it all, BST?

I LOVE how they are both looking at each other.
bst2-1.jpg

A rare picture with Danny staring at Don.
bst14.jpg

Life wouldn't be complete without a couple of Flack doing what he does best....staring at Danny. :p
bst16.jpg

bst12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back