Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Great comments, guys!

Bunny boiler? What's a bunny boiler?
Isn't it from that movie where the crazy bitch was stalking the guy and put their pet rabbit in a pot on the stove or something? I've never seen it...

I'd rather Danny and Lindsay got married and had babies than see him cheat.
Argh. I agree with you in principle, but it's hard to just say "yes, I agree." :lol: Maybe it's the thought of little bow-legged, scrunch-faced kids running around that makes me want to flee...

Anyway, I don't think Danny is a cheater--but eventually he'll be with Flack, one way or another. Whether it's in 5 months or 5 years, Don will get his man. Because I say so. :p

it's incredible that we picked the exact screencaps!
:lol: I loved your caps and review by the way. :)

I'm sure he'd prefer Flack's matter-of-fact professionalism to Lindsay's guilt-ridden hand wringing any day.
I'm sure he would. Really there are very few similarities between Flack and Lindsay, which I guess makes the Lindsay debacle even stranger. :confused: Flack possesses all of the qualities that would make him an great friend and partner. His passion for the job, his caring and sensitive side that he shows to Danny, his unfailing support for his man. Lindsay? She can't even begin to compete with that.

Bunny boiler? What's a bunny boiler?
Fay's right. Fatal Attraction. There's total stalker potential in that girl... ;)

I agree that Danny doesn't seem like the kind to cheat. And I would be very, very disappointed if he did. But that said, you don't need to be in a relationship to be having sex, he may have said he was 'glad this happened' but I didn't hear him say 'see you tonight'. Danny occassionally pursuing casual sex wouldn't surprise me as much as Flack doing the same, the only problem is doing that with someone you work with (hence the bunny boiler scenario). Well, that's my hope for the D/L situation anyway. :lol: And I back this up with the fact that they didn't even bother to find the bedroom, that pool table was not comfortable or intimate!

Me thinks he saves the bedroom only for very special people. :D

Thank you so much for the screencaps!
The look on Flack's face said it all when he recieved Danny's call - my heart actually broke when he said Don, it's Messer. My heart also went out to Flack when he had to watch Lindsay paw over Danny. Danny's look back seemed kinda like this isn't what you think Don.

Kimmychu - an ending to Roses and Thorns!! Ohh I'm well excited now!!

Flack possesses all of the qualities that would make him an great friend and partner. His passion for the job, his caring and sensitive side that he shows to Danny, his unfailing support for his man. Lindsay? She can't even begin to compete with that.

Very true. Lindsay, as a character, baffles me. She is so unappealing, yet I'm pretty sure we are supposed to like her. Whether it's the fault of the actress or the writers, I just don't know. Anyhoo ...

I doubt the writers would show Danny cheating on Lindsay. But then again, a quick shag on the pool table does not a relationship make, so its existence is still up in the air. There's bound to be fall-out either way.

The final scene between Lindsay, Danny and Flack in the warehouse seems to definitely establish a triangle. Will Flack play a role in the break-up? It seems hardly coincidental that we have this loaded scene in the finale so soon after the Danny and Flack pool scene in the previous episode. The writers went out of their way, after ignoring the Danny/Flack friendship most of the season, to re-establish the tenor of their relationship. Namely, that Flack is a close friend, who obviously cares for and is protective of Danny. More importantly, Danny trusts Flack and actively seeks his support and, apparently, his protection.

Lindsay wouldn't be the first women (sad to say), who has felt threatened by her lover's male friends and tried to drive a wedge between them. Will she try to get between them at a time when Danny most needs his friend's support? I don't doubt either that Danny would choose Flack over Lindsay. As we all know he should! :devil:

While I doubt we'll ever see any actual slashiness on screen :(, I'm willing to bet that Flack's relationship with Danny will be pivotal next season, one way or the other.

penguinpie said:

I doubt the writers would show Danny cheating on Lindsay. But then again, a quick shag on the pool table does not a relationship make, so its existence is still up in the air. There's bound to be fall-out either way.

I dunno why, but after watching the finale ... I do think it's possible that Danny might very well do that to her at some point. I know some people are saying that Anthony Zuiker's comments didn't pan out, but personally, I think part of it did. The season-ending distraction was definitely the hostage situation, and I think we were all given a major clue as to how things are possibly going to go for Danny and Lindsay in his tacit reaction to her telling him that he ended up the way he did because of her. (And good God, she was smiling when she said it. I can't get over how awful that is.) And well, it does fit in with Danny's characterization from season one and two in regards to his view on love and women.

Zuiker did specifically mention another woman, afraid of commitment and something about work. Anybody remember the whole Danny/Angell fiasco some months ago? I doubt that the writers will write that and just chuck it all away at the last minute. I dunno, I have the suspicions that Angell's going to make a come back in season four and play a part in the whole destiny dashed thing. Yeah, I'm actually considering the possibility that Danny might end up cheating with Det. Angell! :p If Emmanuelle V. guest stars in some episodes, we'll know then.

Of course, it would rock the entire world if Danny decides to choose Flack at the end of the day. ;) Talk about staggering, falling-off-chair TV material!

The final scene between Lindsay, Danny and Flack in the warehouse seems to definitely establish a triangle. Will Flack play a role in the break-up? It seems hardly coincidental that we have this loaded scene in the finale so soon after the Danny and Flack pool scene in the previous episode. The writers went out of their way, after ignoring the Danny/Flack friendship most of the season, to re-establish the tenor of their relationship. Namely, that Flack is a close friend, who obviously cares for and is protective of Danny. More importantly, Danny trusts Flack and actively seeks his support and, apparently, his protection.

Heheh, I've been getting major vibes that Flack will play a role in the break up. There's the possibility that Flack may have already spoken to Danny about his feelings about the relationship, which might very well explain the look Danny gives Flack at the end of the finale. (To me, the look almost seems like Danny wanted to apologize to Flack for Lindsay's rudeness, and couldn't because Lindsay dragged him off after the glance back.)

And count me in the No-way-in-hell-was-the-pool-scene-coincidental team. :lol: I think that was a huge reminder to viewers of the deep friendship Danny and Flack have ... and that they obviously spend time together outside of work too. ;) What's interesting to me is that Flack has always been the person Danny has gone to in his time of need. So should there be some showdown between Flack and Lindsay over the relationship (and believe me, it's not as implausible as it sounds), I'm placing my money on Danny siding with Flack at the end of it all. If Danny's ever stupid enough to break his friendship with Flack (over a woman, even), he's the one who's going to lose out big time. He'd not only lose a really good friend who evidently cares for him and looks out for him no matter what, he'll lose a very important source of encouragement and support that no one else seems to be able to give him.

The whole destiny dashed thing played out alot better in the finale more than I imagined. Yeah we didn't get any actual dialogue that they weren't happy with the realationship but all the subtext left me a happy bunny.
Danny was Danny from the minute he got out of Lindsay's claws. As soon as she lunged herself upon him at the warehouse he retracted right back into himself. I do think Danny wanted to explain and thank Flack but she got there first and made him walk to the friggin ambulance just so she looked as though she was helping.
Flack needs to tell Danny exactly how he's feeling - screw the fact it may hurt Lindsay or Danny's feelings. Flack needs to tell him how much he's changed and all that jazz.

I think Lindsay was a bit selfish with all of that, Danny obviously wanted to talk to Flack for a few minutes..But she turned into a brat and kept them away from each other.

I agree, Flack needs to tell Danny his feelings and screw how Linds feels

Flack is very much a happy person as long as everyone is OK and he is so conscious of everyoner's feelings.
Lindsay in stark contrast is all about herself and it shows how different the two are. Who Danny wants and who he thinks he needs are two different things. I just hope someone points it out to him really soon.

penguinpie said:

My triangle tingly senses were going off here, too. Flack and Lindsay both rush to Danny's rescue, Lindsay gets there first and carries Danny off while poor Flack looks on, trying to get Danny medical help and/or care for him. I gotta say, I didn't get the sense at all that Flack was fine with Lindsay just taking off with Danny. It's been well established how much Danny means to Flack, and how much Flack cares about Danny's well being. I don't think he's convinced Lindsay feels the same. I also think Danny not answering Lindsay and looking back towards Flack were both significant.

Lindsay wouldn't be the first women (sad to say), who has felt threatened by her lover's male friends and tried to drive a wedge between them. Will she try to get between them at a time when Danny most needs his friend's support? I don't doubt either that Danny would choose Flack over Lindsay. As we all know he should! :devil:

I have to admit, I'd like to see them try, and fail, to get along for Danny's sake. I'd be intrigued by how that would turn out.

While I doubt we'll ever see any actual slashiness on screen :(, I'm willing to bet that Flack's relationship with Danny will be pivotal next season, one way or the other.

Agreed on both counts.

Kimmychu said:
I dunno why, but after watching the finale ... I do think it's possible that Danny might very well do that to her at some point. I know some people are saying that Anthony Zuiker's comments didn't pan out, but personally, I think part of it did. The season-ending distraction was definitely the hostage situation, and I think we were all given a major clue as to how things are possibly going to go for Danny and Lindsay in his tacit reaction to her telling him that he ended up the way he did because of her. (And good God, she was smiling when she said it. I can't get over how awful that is.) And well, it does fit in with Danny's characterization from season one and two in regards to his view on love and women.

I don't know--I still never saw anything early on that indicated Danny would cheat or even was a player. I think he attracts a lot of female (and hell, male ;) ) attention, but I think he's unconscious of his own lure. He's pretty shy about approaching women--he was with the girl on the train in "Rush" and even with Lindsay, he didn't come on strong, at least not in a sexual sense. He was again actually really sweet about it--he wanted to spend time with her. There's an almost innocent sweetness to Danny that just doesn't fit with someone who would cheat.

Zuiker did specifically mention another woman, afraid of commitment and something about work. Anybody remember the whole Danny/Angell fiasco some months ago? I doubt that the writers will write that and just chuck it all away at the last minute. I dunno, I have the suspicions that Angell's going to make a come back in season four and play a part in the whole destiny dashed thing. Yeah, I'm actually considering the possibility that Danny might end up cheating with Det. Angell! :p If Emmanuelle V. guest stars in some episodes, we'll know then.

Now, while I don't see Danny cheating, I could see Lindsay getting unreasonbly jealous over Danny's interactions with another women. That could lead to a break up of some sort with Danny ending up with someone else, at least for a while. I could see Danny ending their relationship if she got crazy on him, though I actually think it would take a lot for Danny to end it, because he's used to not being treated right, and well, Lindsay certainly fulfills those expectations he seems to have that the person he's with won't be especially good to him.

Of course, it would rock the entire world if Danny decides to choose Flack at the end of the day. ;) Talk about staggering, falling-off-chair TV material!

He really should. :D I'd love to see a scene where Flack flat out tells Lindsay he thinks she's bad for Danny. That would be great.

Heheh, I've been getting major vibes that Flack will play a role in the break up. There's the possibility that Flack may have already spoken to Danny about his feelings about the relationship, which might very well explain the look Danny gives Flack at the end of the finale. (To me, the look almost seems like Danny wanted to apologize to Flack for Lindsay's rudeness, and couldn't because Lindsay dragged him off after the glance back.)

I don't see Flack keeping quiet if he thinks Lindsay is bad for Danny. And I think Danny's look back was apologetic--he knows Lindsay was rude to Flack, and I think he also knows how badly Flack wanted to get him help. Danny was too weak to do anything about it, but I think he may have had some misgivings about Lindsay whisking him away from Flack so quickly.

And count me in the No-way-in-hell-was-the-pool-scene-coincidental team. :lol: I think that was a huge reminder to viewers of the deep friendship Danny and Flack have ... and that they obviously spend time together outside of work too. ;)

Yeah, no kidding. Why didn't Danny and Flack play hoops? Or just have drinks in the bar? Two pool scenes in two eps in a row--one with Flack, one with Lindsay. And who are the two people that rescue Danny? Flack and Lindsay. I'm sensing a triangle of some sorts, too.

What's interesting to me is that Flack has always been the person Danny has gone to in his time of need.

And still does! Danny didn't turn to Lindsay when he was having doubts about the police force, and he didn't confide in her. He went to Flack. And Flack is always rescuing this man! Whether it be emotional (OtJ, Comes Around) or physical (Trapped, Snow Day), Flack's definitely the white knight to Danny's damsel in distress.

So should there be some showdown between Flack and Lindsay over the relationship (and believe me, it's not as implausible as it sounds), I'm placing my money on Danny siding with Flack at the end of it all. If Danny's ever stupid enough to break his friendship with Flack (over a woman, even), he's the one who's going to lose out big time. He'd not only lose a really good friend who evidently cares for him and looks out for him no matter what, he'll lose a very important source of encouragement and support that no one else seems to be able to give him.

I hope Flack can help Danny see the light--Lindsay is just no good for him.

Top41 said:
Now, while I don't see Danny cheating, I could see Lindsay getting unreasonbly jealous over Danny's interactions with another women. That could lead to a break up of some sort with Danny ending up with someone else, at least for a while. I could see Danny ending their relationship if she got crazy on him, though I actually think it would take a lot for Danny to end it, because he's used to not being treated right, and well, Lindsay certainly fulfills those expectations he seems to have that the person he's with won't be especially good to him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude, I am trying to see Lindsay in as positive a light as possible, ya know! (Don't ask me why, I dunno either, maybe I am just being too nice. :p) Hence the reason I'm trying to see how things might turn out should Danny do the bad thing that causes the destiny dashed fate.

But hey, I like the way you think. *mwar* ;) Lindsay becoming super jealous person after everything's she's done and the way she's behaved for the last two seasons? Man, TPTB, you are NOT helping your new addition to the cast.

I can see her going ballistic on Danny over interaction with other women. (Of course, that'll also mean we're gonna get more Lindsay angsting. :p) You have a great point and spin there, Top. If she's already jealous of Flack's deep friendship with Danny ... wow, what the heck's she gonna do when Danny works with other female CSIS and detectives?

Especially Angell? :devil:

Oooh I do like the idea of Lindsay being the one who goes abit mental and over bearing. The bit where she dragged him away from Flack could be the start of things to come! She does seem like she could give Danny an ultimatium and where she although she won't actually be ending it, she would put Danny in a bad light by making him choose.
Question is, Will Flack stick by Danny throughout the Lindsay thing or he will move on. Flack's a pretty patience guy but even he's going to move on one day. Or will they just see each other even though Lindsay is trying to get between the two of them.
There's certainly alot of things to think about.

^The idea of Flack moving on makes me all kinds of sad, but, well, I guess it's possible. Flack's a pretty secure guy and I don't see him pining away for an unrequited love forever. At the same time, though, I think he's head over heels for Danny. I want to see him fight for his Kinkapoodle. ;)

Kimmychu said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude, I am trying to see Lindsay in as positive a light as possible, ya know! (Don't ask me why, I dunno either, maybe I am just being too nice. :p) Hence the reason I'm trying to see how things might turn out should Danny do the bad thing that causes the destiny dashed fate.

Seeing Lindsay in a positive light is hard. Everytime she does something I find marginally interesting or likable (I did like the way she made Danny pay his debt--exactly what I would have done! :lol: ), then she goes and does something reprehensible (dragging Danny away from Flack and going on about her own issues). She's a hard character to like.

Like I've said, I can't see Danny cheating. I could see him getting to clingy/needy and driving her off or something like that, or even breaking it off for a stupid reason (she gave him a dumb reason in LRC, so it is his turn). Hell, maybe not even a stupid reason. :lol:

But hey, I like the way you think. *mwar* ;) Lindsay becoming super jealous person after everything's she's done and the way she's behaved for the last two seasons? Man, TPTB, you are NOT helping your new addition to the cast.

I can see her going ballistic on Danny over interaction with other women. (Of course, that'll also mean we're gonna get more Lindsay angsting. :p) You have a great point and spin there, Top. If she's already jealous of Flack's deep friendship with Danny ... wow, what the heck's she gonna do when Danny works with other female CSIS and detectives?

Especially Angell? :devil:

The thing about Danny is that he's entirely conscious of his own lure, and he draws a lot of women (and as we've seen, some men) to him without even realizing it. Danny is very sexual, and we've seen him get hit on or checked out a lot of times. Lindsay could have issues with that. I gotta say, as confident as I think he is, I can see Flack having issues with it, too. Flack is a bit possessive of Danny. He could have gone to deal with the hostage takers when he saw Lindsay had taken Danny down from the truck, but he wasn't about to do that when his baby was in such bad shape. Hell, if Danny hadn't had a scratch on him, I don't think Flack would have just left him to Lindsay. It is kind of funny that they both just rushed to Danny, and not at all coincidental. If you think about it, really, the writers could have just had Lindsay go to Danny and cut right to the SWAT team calling Flack over to see the bombs. Of course, as we all know, it would have been totally out of character for Flack to do anything but rush to Danny's side, so I'm glad it happened that way, but I do think it's veeeerrrry interesting. ;)

*would love to see a Flack vs. Lindsay showdown next season*

I honestly think there is logic in the scenes where D/F played pool and then D/L get it on over the pool table and then both of them rushing to Danny's aide. It just seems to much of a coincidence of you ask me. I just wonder if TPTB have the courage to actually write a storyline for Flack which involves him battling his feelings for Danny.

The more i think about it the more i'm glad that the relationship isn't canon.
Otherwise TPTB would end up ruining it.
Don't get me wrong ladies, i would love to see it on screen being properly done, a little angst from the guys but not the whole moralistic (got to be who you are - as it would be from a major network) tale. Just two guys who love each other. No big deal.

And of course perhaps in the season 4 finale we may see them using the pool table for somethin' a lil different :devil: ok that would never seriously happen at primetime on a major network :p.

But getting back to my point the we can make the guys do what we want --i know we had this discussion earlier regarding Lindsey and if Danny has cheated on Don, has the relationship not started yet -- i almost feel sorry for the D/L fans, all they have now is, "Do you think she stays over at Dannys or do you think he stays at hers", "Are they gonna by a place together" ( Top any chance of getting a emicon that looks like your throwing up?) - yes there is fun in that, but there is no subtext anymore, we know what that little look is supposed to mean. They will be spoon fed all their "Special" moments whilst the rest of us have to suffer.

Whilst here we can create them, big them up, read into it. Create sub text where possibly there is none. I mean come on, MANDATE!

We've never been shown a full on date between D/L, yes there was the Lindsey stalker moment in SoY and the finale (i would like to point out though that Booty calls don't count as dates!!) but have they had that social moment?.. no. Seems to me someone within TPTB perhaps has realised that outside the work environment these characters just don't gel. Opposites may attract yes, but you need some common ground (that isn't work or issues). I would like to point out (i am in no way a shipper of these two - good lordy!!) that they are quite a like, both have pasts that have come back to haunt them, both have problems talking about their issues, both fly off the handle and get all drama queen. Both have wanted to crawl up Macs backside at some point (harsh i know) and the one thing they have in common is work. Not the basis of a good realtionship, i would like to steal a phrase form another thread (i would credit the person that wrote it but i can't remember the name) the U.S.S Dinsey is sinking - and fast!

Where as Flack and Danny are opposites in everyway, where one is a drama queen the other likes to try and stay very much in control of his emotions, one wears his heart on his sleeve the other has a pokerface. One doesn't trust anyone it seems, the other will trust the people even if it seems that they are screwing him over but they have common ground, they work WITH each other, not together and that that can mean a whole lot more in a relationship. What would happen if Mac put Lindsey AND Danny up for promotion? Where as Don getting promoted may give him more levy with Mac and his subordinates i doubt it could cause much of an issue (unless another raising shane happened).

I think my whole point in this long and rambling post is that we've seen Don and Danny choose to spend time with each other, the hoops, Danny calling Don in his hour of need, the Mandate. The banter between them, Danny complimenting Don on his suit, the big guns comment, they way they know what each other will laugh at. Its all so natural, maybe its the actors? I have a feeling that it has a lot to do with it, they have developed a great easy chemistry that shows on screen, no need to picture talking to a mate, when in essence you are. Some of the credit has to go to TPTB also, they have managed to creat a relationship that is believable on screen and so we can take off screen, they don't spoon feed us, they give us situations and whether they realise it or not it allows us to elaborate using our imaginations.

(i think Eddie Cahill needs to be thanked as well, all the staring, the worried looks and what have you!)

Sorry i have now got that off my chest!

moving on to the Finale and Lindsey and next season.

It is kind of funny that they both just rushed to Danny, and not at all coincidental. If you think about it, really, the writers could have just had Lindsay go to Danny and cut right to the SWAT team calling Flack over to see the bombs. Of course, as we all know, it would have been totally out of character for Flack to do anything but rush to Danny's side, so I'm glad it happened that way, but I do think it's veeeerrrry interesting.

So am i!! I think they knew that there was a lot (ok there wasn't that much but hey i'm not going to offend anybody here if i exaggerate :p) of D/L moments and felt that it would be heavy with teen romance moments!

But i also think that yes it would have been odd to show Danny speaking to Flack (clearly the number he calls most if he could remember it :devil:) and then show Flack worrying outside the building even offering to trade himself, them totally losing it when he thought Danny was going to be shot... then not having him rush to Dannys aid! that would have been totally out of character!!

TPTB didn't make Lindsey a very sympathetic character, they could have had her say thanks to Flack, after he had called the Emergency guys in and say that she could handle it from there but she'd keep him informed - If I had been in that situation there is no way i would talk to my fellas best mate like that! :mad:

Sorry i know i've probably bored the pants of you all by now so i will shut up :p

While I wouldn't mind seeing a Lindsey-Danny-Flack triangle, my biggest fear would be that TPTB would decide that a triangle with Lindsey in the middle is the way to go.

I mean, everybody in this thread, and even the non Danny/Flack shippers know that the pair are good friends. I'm just afraid that TPTB would think it cool and ratings worthy to have them falling out over the same girl.
(these are the same people writing D/L as a high school romance, I wouldn't put it past them to write in a triangle with Linsdey the one in the centre instead of Danny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back