Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Just one kinki idea; if they decide to make a series about the lives of Messer and Flack and producers don't want it because of the money, they can make it in a shower! That way they don't need more decorates or scenarios, nor clothes, by the way... :cool:

I really think they shoul take this in consideration, most of us (ok, ALL of us) will be more than happy to see that. :lol: :D

^Danny and Flack in the shower together is a beautiful image. :devil: ;) I'd watch! :D

Today's finale day! I can't wait to see Rambo!Flack charge to the rescue of his brave little Kinkapoodle! :D He should at least get a kiss for his troubles--and a whole lot more. ;) :devil:

Top a kiss would absolutely blow my mind!! Can't imagine it will happen but here's hoping!

Danny and Flack in the shower together would surely blow all of our televison screens up!!! Too much hotness.

Sorry for the short post.
Just read the secopnd part of Roses and Thorns Kimmy... Loved it!!
Crying like a baby!! :D

Yeah congrats on the second part Kimmy!!
I'm loving it!!
Keep it up.

ETA - so the finale was last night! How did Flack react, was there love/fear in his eyes when Danny was held hostage, was there any slashy goodness from our favourite boys! please tell all???

Uuugh, the finale. :( Did anyone else feel terrible for Flack??? :( :( :(

We don't get to see much of the phone scene--Danny calls Flack, Flack picks up and Danny says something like, "It's Messer. We've got a really bad problem." Something to that effect. Danny's just been beaten and it sounds like he's close to tears. Flack of course rushes to his rescue.

Flack brings a ton of cops with him, but he's running the operation. He's talking to the hostage takers and tries to trade himself for the hostages. Then he tries to talk to one of his men (obviously Danny ;) ) and the hostage taker goes to kill Danny (or make Flack think he's going to) and Danny throws solution in his face (this seems to be Danny's get away move of choice--it reminded me of "Trapped" :lol: ). During this scene, Lindsay comes up, and if there was any doubt that there aren't warm and fuzzy feelings between her and Flack, I think this episode cements it pretty well. He doesn't even look at her when he tells her Danny's not doing too good, and is more or less ignoring her.

When they get in there, Danny is badly hurt and Lindsay beats Flack to him, and then pretty much comes between them. Flack tries to get Danny medical attention but Lindsay cuts him off saying she's got him. It's pretty clear in this scene that she doesn't care for Flack either--the dislike seems to go both ways. So Lindsay takes Danny away and Flack just kind of watches for a beat, but then he's got to get back to the lab because he realizes something is going down there (gas canisters are found in the back of one of the thug's cars). It's kind of like he's worried, but he's got to go. And Lindsay's pretty much laid claim to Danny. :(

I felt so incredibly bad for Flack! The poor man has to watch the man he loves go off with Lindsay after he did all the hard work. And it was Flack that Danny called--I'm sure the guys made Danny call the cops, but I love that Danny reached out to Flack specifically. And he called Flack's cell, not his line at the police department. ;) Danny knows who he can count on to save him.

Anyone got screencaps, either of Flack getting the call/Danny calling or the end? I wonder what's in store for next season. To me, it seemed obvious that Flack and Lindsay dislike each other, and it seemed equally obvious why: Danny. I'd love to see that played up next year. I think Flack should fight for his Kinkapoodle! :D

I have to admit, I'd be intrigued to see an episode where Flack and Lindsay are forced to work together to save Danny. It would be another Danny-in-danger episode, but hey, there's one of those every season. ;) Their dislike of each other is pretty palpable, and I'd love to see it played up and addressed.

Anyway, the finale was good, but not for our two boys, who are for now, being kept apart. :(

Thanks Top, i've been waiting to hear how it was for out boys.

Doesn't sound like it was good at all :(

Someone mentioned a look from Danny back to Flack?... did it happen, i've read so many reviews of it all now that people seem to have seen what they wanted to see?... Please tell he looked back at his knight in SWAT gear?

Bless Flack, he is always there for his man (whether Danny realises he's Flacks or not... yet) and to be so pushed over by the lil thing from Montana. BLAH! Takes more than one night to have someones heart sweetheart!

He knew Flack would pull through for him and from what i've read and what Top just said sounds like Lindsey was about as useful as a chocolate teapot! Tsk! :rolleyes:

Screencaps? Yes please!! we have to wait for anther 7/9 weeks till the finale and i desperately need screencaps!! :D

I just rewatched the episode a few minutes ago--and there were definitely a few little bits that we can work to our advantage. For one, that look at the end. Lindsay says that she's sorry because Danny took her shift, and Danny glances back--in Flack's direction. Like maybe he didn't think anybody would find out about Lindsay that soon (especially not Flack). And if Flack knows that Danny took Lindsay's shift, he's smart enough to know everything else as well--and that might be why he wasn't as attentive toward Danny as he usually is. Aside from the fact that there were other things to deal with and Lindsay was hovering anyway--maybe Don just thought "fine, you want her instead of me, then you don't need me." Definitely a lot to read into a tiny look, that's for sure. ;)

Also, when Danny called Flack--I think he said "Don, it's Messer. There's a problem." Or something similar. He calls him 'Don' which indicates familiarity. Doesn't he usually call him 'Flack' when it's work-related? But he refers to himself as 'Messer'--that's pretty impersonal, especially considering that it's standard procedure to call him 'Danny.' Unconsciously trying to distance himself, knowing what he'd done and that it would hurt Don to find out, maybe? Anyway, Don answers, and he stands up and looks around and then the scene ends. I swear, I could see the scene continue for a few more seconds in my head: Don looking around anxiously and then lowering his voice to say, "Babe, what's wrong?" or something similar. *hugs them*

When Don is standing outside the warehouse and Lindsay walks up (1. if she wasn't going to run in with them, why was she so close? and 2. why did she need to stand right up in Flack's armpit?) and asks about Danny, Don is clearly upset even though he's trying to hide it. He's nervous for Adam and the other hostages, I'm sure, but Danny is in there. And can I say that I loved his line about talking to 'one of my guys' as he glanced at Lindsay--a subtle comment, perhaps? One of my guys? *chuckle*

I think that's all of them off the top of my head. Just a few moments on screen, but my my my, it's more than enough. :devil:

There seems to be alot of tension between Flack and Lindsay. It's been in the show for the past season but I'm glad it's happening. Danny and Flack are best friends, Flack needed him and he shipped of with Lindsay more than once. I can see why he's mad. I'd have used the gun Flack.

Season 4 needs to focus more on Flack and Lindsay. I think they both know they are vying for Danny's affections. Who'll win, only time will tell!

^I'd love to see a showdown between Flack and Lindsay for Danny's affections. I think it's very apparent at this point that they aren't too fond of one another.

Faylinn said:
I just rewatched the episode a few minutes ago--and there were definitely a few little bits that we can work to our advantage. For one, that look at the end. Lindsay says that she's sorry because Danny took her shift, and Danny glances back--in Flack's direction. Like maybe he didn't think anybody would find out about Lindsay that soon (especially not Flack). And if Flack knows that Danny took Lindsay's shift, he's smart enough to know everything else as well--and that might be why he wasn't as attentive toward Danny as he usually is. Aside from the fact that there were other things to deal with and Lindsay was hovering anyway--maybe Don just thought "fine, you want her instead of me, then you don't need me." Definitely a lot to read into a tiny look, that's for sure. ;)

I'm going to have to rewatch (alas, not until the weekend) for this look back! I think Danny knows Flack cares about him as more than just a friend, and perhaps that was a look of guilt for letting Lindsay lead him off as well. It seemed to me that Flack hesitated for a beat--and then moved off. There was definitely emotion there. The scene reminded me of one of those where the guy/girl leaves with the person who is wrong for him/her, while the right one looks on, sadly.

Also, when Danny called Flack--I think he said "Don, it's Messer. There's a problem." Or something similar. He calls him 'Don' which indicates familiarity. Doesn't he usually call him 'Flack' when it's work-related? But he refers to himself as 'Messer'--that's pretty impersonal, especially considering that it's standard procedure to call him 'Danny.' Unconsciously trying to distance himself, knowing what he'd done and that it would hurt Don to find out, maybe?

I think it was an interesting mix of Danny trying to stay strong and falling apart at the same time. I think he referred to himself as "Messer" because the thugs were around him--he didn't want them to hear his first name. But he called Flack "Don" because it was comforting to him--a bit of intimacy with the person on the other end of the line. You could also really hear the fear in his voice when he spoke to Flack.

Anyway, Don answers, and he stands up and looks around and then the scene ends. I swear, I could see the scene continue for a few more seconds in my head: Don looking around anxiously and then lowering his voice to say, "Babe, what's wrong?" or something similar. *hugs them*

That's exactly what I see happening, too. And Flack's heart would be pounding in his chest!

When Don is standing outside the warehouse and Lindsay walks up (1. if she wasn't going to run in with them, why was she so close? and 2. why did she need to stand right up in Flack's armpit?) and asks about Danny, Don is clearly upset even though he's trying to hide it. He's nervous for Adam and the other hostages, I'm sure, but Danny is in there. And can I say that I loved his line about talking to 'one of my guys' as he glanced at Lindsay--a subtle comment, perhaps? One of my guys? *chuckle*

It's hard to blame Flack for staking his claim a bit. ;) We knew which guy he wanted to talk to, and so did the hostage takers apparently--because they made the threat against Danny right away, and went for him, intending to use threatening/hurting him as a tactic against Flack. Good think Flack's Kinkapoodle is feisty, or things might have gone very badly. ;)

Top41 said:
Anyone got screencaps, either of Flack getting the call/Danny calling or the end?

NOT ONLY AM I GOING TO SCREENCAP THAT, I'M GOING TO SCREENCAP THE LOOK! :D :D :D

Sorry for the capital letters, but I am about to watch the finale for myself, WEE! Thank you to my girls for giving me a very detailed heads-up on what happens in it ... now I'm well-prepared for you-know-what. :p

But the LOOK. Oh yes, that trumps EVERYTHING.

Think about it: Danny's at his worst here. Ribs broken, hand smashed, head conked by an AK-47, and he should be on a freakin' stretcher instead of being nagged and receiving some martyrdom speech from the person he just #$@%ed last night. He's in a lot of pain and he feels like crap ... and who does he look at then?

FLACK! :D

Based on his character development since the beginning of the show, we all know that Danny's not adverse to jumping from woman to woman. One minute, we have Ms. Barmitzvah, next we have Cindy, then we have that young lady on the train, and next we had that hawt Suicide Chick and then that BDSM mistress hit on him and then, there's Lindsay. :p And don't forget his comments to Aiden in season one about him having girlfriends for sexual pleasure. (To me, that line revealed a lot about his view on relationships.)

Sex to a guy like Danny is nothing. I won't be surprised at all if the next season shows Danny cheating on Lindsay eventually with another woman, if Anthony Zuiker's destiny dashed is anything to go by. I mean, he literally mentioned, "Another woman?" I think we overlooked the biggest clue he gave us all along. Not going to be pleased should TPTB follow that plot, because it'll just make Danny look like a total cheating a-hole, but it'll also all depend on how the writers write it out.

Oh, and I am all for Flack and Lindsay duking it out. Do I even have to say who will definitely win? ;)

Flack was so concerned about his man! Who wouldn't be? And yet both of them still managed to do their jobs and remain professional. How difficult must that have been especially when you've spoken on the phone and know that your man is in such pain. :( Compare that to Lindsay, who managed to do little more that get in the way and only think of herself? So Danny made a little mistake the night before, we all know who will be helping him with his recovery and generally being there for him during the summer. And it won't be the woman from Montana!

Did someone say screencaps? I have a few:

SD9.jpg

not a happy bunny

SD8.jpg

a very concerned Flack

I tell you what, you give me my man, I'll give you this girl... :p Please, take the girl

SD15.jpg

As super! Flack calls the paramedics, the potential bunny boiler stakes her claim... And Danny would rather Flack was the one helping him out. ;)

Dude, Elsie, it's incredible that we picked the exact screencaps! :lol:

Guys, my review along with 35 screencaps from the episode can be viewed here. :D VERY spoilerific for those who haven't watched it yet. Oh, and there's a lotta musing and ranting from me in it too.

By the way, I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying Roses and Thorns! Thanks for taking the time to read it. :) The last installment will be up soon.

Lovely screencaps, Elsie. Such a tease for those of us who won't see this episode for months. Which reminds me, could someone give me an indication of exactly when the D/L smexing scene takes place? I need to know when I should be making myself a cuppa (Irish style). :)

Lindsay does indeed have the makings of a bunny boiler. She has a real hardness about her.

I would really like to see some enmity develop between Flack and Lindsay. They've never been friendly, but it sounds like they were pretty open with their dislike of each other in the finale. Lindsay must realise that Flack is her most serious rival. :p He'd totally kick her butt, of course.

Their actions in the finale (and in other episodes) say a lot about the differences between Flack and Lindsay. Lindsay is "all about Lindsay". She seems to view almost everything first in relation to herself and then, maybe, someone else will get a look in. She demands attention with histrionics, but seldom, if ever (?) offers comfort or support to someone else. Surely there has been some occasion where Lindsay has at least offered someone a kind word or two? Maybe, my memory is too coloured by my intense dislike of this useless character, but I cannot think of one. Anyone? It sounds like this trend continues in the finale. Does she seriously start talking about how guilty she feels as she leads a bleeding and broken Danny away? Wouldn't you be thinking about your wounded lover? Not talking about how this incident has affected YOU? :mad:

Flack, on the other hand, is tough and aggressive with suspects, but is also capable of compassion. He is frequently openly supportive of his friends and has demonstrably gone out of his way to be there for them. We've examples for Mac and Stella, but especially for Danny. He's never asked for anything in return, even when he got no thanks for it at all ("On The Job" anyone?). The poor boy seems to be everyone's willing prop in times of trouble. It's nice to hear that others are asking after his well-being for a change!

It would be no wonder if Danny looked back at Flack as he was lead off in the clutches of Lindsay; he was probably thinking "Save me!". Flack would have got him medical attention and offered some quick words of comfort, probably along the lines of "Good job, Danny. Hang in there." And been off to the next crisis. Most of the meaning would have been understood; they're manly men of few words after all. :cool: If what people say of Lindsay's behaviour when helping Danny to the ambulance is true, then she is likely to drive him nuts in record time. I'm sure he'd prefer Flack's matter-of-fact professionalism to Lindsay's guilt-ridden hand wringing any day.

Next season, we will probably see more guilt and "everyone I love is horribly injured and/or killed" angst from Lindsay. Danny, trying to deal with his own sh*t, will tire of carrying hers as well and walk. Two drama queens in a relationship is just a recipe for disaster. So destiny dashed! And who will be waiting to pick up the pieces (and deal with an unexploded Messer)? Why, Flack, of course.

Bunny boiler? What's a bunny boiler? :confused:

I gotta admit, I saw Danny's look back the first time but I didn't really think about it as him looking back at Flack so much as turning away from Lindsay, but I did rewatch some of the scenes last night, and wow, damn, that's telling in both regards. I think she took him away from Flack awfully fast. She knows competition when she sees it. ;)

As far as Danny and sex goes--yes, I think he's had a lot of it, but I don't think he's the type to cheat. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Danny and Lindsay break up (but honestly, only if it's for good, because this back and forth crap is annoying), but I'd rather Danny and Lindsay got married and had babies than see him cheat. Cheating is pretty low behavior, and everything we've seen of Danny shows that he's a noble character. He has bad taste in women, apparently, but I don't think he's a cheater. It would be so out of character for him to do that, and I don't want to see it happen.

He is however, more than welcome to realize that Lindsay is a self-involved twit and dump her so that he can move on to someone better. :lol:

The caps are love! :D Thank you Kimmy and Elsie! :D

Elsie said:
Did someone say screencaps? I have a few:

SD9.jpg

not a happy bunny

Poor Danny. :( I think Flack totally would have died if he could have seen his baby at this point. I think seeing Danny hurt and in danger would be the breaking point for him.

SD8.jpg

a very concerned Flack

I wish we'd seen more of this scene. Flack's whole demeanor changed--he was so caught off guard and immediately freaked out that he shot up from his chair. The man's in love, and he pretty much got a nightmare call.

SD15.jpg

As super! Flack calls the paramedics, the potential bunny boiler stakes her claim... And Danny would rather Flack was the one helping him out. ;)

Poor Flack. He wanted to help out Danny and Lindsay basically shut him out. Kimmy has a great cap where you can actually catch the expression on his face as Lindsay says, "I'll take him" and walks away with Danny. Flack. Not. Happy. He looks pretty gutted, actually. The look on his face says, "What? No, no, no." Poor Flack. :( :( :(

He freaked out pretty big time when the hostage taker threatened to kill the "guinea cop." Did you hear the urgency in his voice when he was like, "Wait, wait, wait!" and then watching them going for Danny on the monitor? Poor Flack--like I said, his worst nightmare. :(

I think it's very telling that Danny didn't respond to Lindsay when she was whinging and instead actually turned away from her. It would sure be nice to think he was realizing who he'd be better off with. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back