Danny / Flack #4 - I've Got Your Back

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by screamingpoet, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: I take it you've read "Nine Months" then. :lol: Great story, naturally, and that would be one hell of a plot twist on the show. :lol:

I think Danny left Don to take Lindsay home because, if Don were awake, he'd make sure everyone was taken care of, and maybe Danny was trying to cling to any vestige of Don that he had left, so he'd offer to be the one who drove her home. I also think he needed a way to get out of the hospital, where he'd just be thinking about what happened and how close he came to losing Don, and where he'd be reminded of Louie and Stella and Aiden. He probably went home, and sat there arguing with himself about how selfish he was being, because Don had never abandoned him and that's what it felt like he was doing. So, after he had a little while to calm down, he took a shower and made his way back to the hospital with the intention of staying as long as he could. ;)

That's theory number one. Theory number two is that several days had passed, and everyone was stopping by for the eleven-hundredth time to check in, only this time there was some news. So they heard what Mac said and Danny felt confident to leave--because he trusts Mac even if he thinks Mac doesn't trust him. ;)

Of course, I'm thinking that if Don woke up and Danny wasn't there, he'd be crushed. He'd understand, and he'd tell Danny that it was alright, but on some level I think he'd feel upset and even a little bit used and unappreciated. I don't think Don would ever want to admit to that, although he might if he and Danny got into a really big fight about, oh, I dunno, Lindsay for example. Don accepts that Danny is more than a bit selfish and takes him for granted, but that doesn't mean he isn't hoping for Danny to prove him wrong. :( So Danny really had to be there when Don woke up unless he had a really good excuse (and spending time with Lindsay would not satisfy jealous!Flack, no no no). For that reason alone I don't think Don actually regained consciousness at the end of "Charge of This Post"--or at least not totally. I really hope that his first memories of waking up are of Danny being there. Hell, I hope everyone was there. ;)

2. afrikana

afrikana Pathologist

^ very well put. i also thought that flack would be crushed if he woke and danny wasn't there, all with good reason, though. i mean, i'm on his side, i mean danny can't make it to the hospital but flack is always there for him. it does seem kinda selfish. but i also like to think that flack will recognize that danny may have a hint of selfishness compared to his selflessness.

the first theory is obviously better for my shippery heart because all ends pretty well. danny drops lindsay and returns to flack's bedside. at first i thought, like fay, that he needed some alone time, but later it came to me that maybe he was waitiing for everyone to leave (hence taking lindsay home) so he could be alone with flack.

^did that make sense? :confused: :p

anyways...don's just taking in the view... :D
    [​IMG]

and i think we all agree that it's a pretty view :D
    [​IMG]

3. Lost2MuchSpeed

Lost2MuchSpeed Pathologist

god I'm so jealous of all of you! I still need to see this episode! My cravings for some onscreen Danny/Flack action are starting to go crazy!

Fay, I love what you did to that cap :lol: I think it very accurate ;)

And it's good to see that Flack hasn't been able to get rid of the superglue that had his eyes stuck on Danny. S'all good :D

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

It's my first time in this thread. *wee little meek peep - Hi!* I have to say, after watching Love Run Cold, and then re-watching other eps, I know this ship makes hard-core sense. HARD core sense! I'm straight, but literally half of my best friends are gay men, so I'm also looking at this through their eyes, too. I see now how Flack does stare at Danny - and Hot Damn, he really does!! I really noticed it this past ep, I don't know why it took me this long. There's just some barely restrained tension between the two of them, that I honestly don't feel between either of them and any other characters. And I'm not knocking any other ships, I just rather suddenly saw a major "oomph!" between these two men that I hadn't fully realized, before. "Aaaaah, sweet mystery of life, I finally fouuuuund youuuu..." *channelling Madeline Kahn in "Young Frankenstein", for those of us who have enjoyed that scene...*

Anyway, I'm glad I finally found my way here!

5. Faylinn

Yep, afrikana, you made perfect sense. Maybe he wanted to get Lindsay home because he knew she'd want to stick around, and the quicker he could clear the place out, the sooner he could sit next to Don's bed and just stare at him and talk to him...*snuggles the boys* :lol:

And in that first pic, Don was trying to hold himself back from leaning over to kiss Danny's neck. :devil: Try to contain yourself, Donnie. :lol: The second pic, he's clearly thinking, 'that's my baby, look at you being clever...' :lol:

L2MS, don't be jealous--just get the damn episode to watch soon! :lol: We only got a few little moments with the boys, but damn were they worth it. :p And how could Don stop staring at Danny? :devil:

MBGrissom, welcome to the slashy-goodness that is Danny/Flack! *hugs you* Once you see it, you see it. :lol: Nobody denies that these two are friends, but I can definitely sense something more beneath the surface. ;) Good to see it's not just our crazy little group. :lol:

But now that you've seen it, you simply must go back and watch other episodes! :lol: "Necrophilia Americana" sucked major ass on the whole, but the Danny/Flack stuff was some of the best. That dorky wave? Priceless! And the staring just makes its way all over the place. Flack, my darling, you are too obvious. :lol:

Anyway, it's great to see you in here. ;) If you're really into D/F, 1CSIMfan and I started a message board that revolves around the ship (although we give the rest of the characters a bit of love too ;)). There's a link to it in 1CSIMfan's signature banner. :) If you want to join, we'd love to have you. :D

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Welcome to the Danny/Flack thread MBGrissom!! :D So happy to have you here. Fay's right. Once you see it, you see.

Besides "Necrophilia Americana", there's also some good scenes in "Live or Let Die" at the very beginning when Danny and Flack are approaching the chopper. Flack calls Danny "Dan" and then when Danny's in the chopper doing his stuff, Flack is totally checking out his ass. :devil: Also, in "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" there's some good Danny/Flack scenes where Flack's totally staring at Danny.

Actually, just about every scene they are in together, Flack is infatuated with Danny. It's like he can't look away. :p

7. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

heroes is also a good episode. very true its noticable once you've been on here lol

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

rachaelm, while I am thrilled that we have a new Danny/Flack fan, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the rules in Shipper Central because they differ from the rest of the forums on TalkCSI.

Posts in Shipper Central must be a MINIMUM of three lines and be on-topic. Expand on your posts. You state that Heroes in a good episode. Expand on that and tell us why it was a good episode.

Here's a link to the Shipper Central Rules. Please pay close attention to the section titled SPAM

Shipper Central Rules

9. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

i know this is the total wrong place to post this, but I made it and figured you guys would appreciate it... [​IMG]

I read stuff at the CSI: NY picture thread and got ideas... if you've read it, you know what's going on...

sorry mods...

10. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Oh, the CSI:NY picture thread. Always a good place to be. And that picture -- that's the one where they look like they got caught holding hands. XD

Nice banner, Rad.

And there's a scene in "Love Run Cold" where Flack totally looks like he's checking out Danny's ass yet again. I mean, check it out. Those two just can't keep away from each other, can they?

11. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

sorry about the previous post, i should have read the rules. :(

hero's was a good episode for danny/ flack as they were working closely together especially in that scene where danny was explaining the evidenc3e- flack couldn't stop staring at him. they always work well togther and clearly spend time with each other outside of work- "blink"- the basketball hint. :lol:

and that picture is so funny, screamingpoet

12. Faylinn

Whoa there, Flackie, back up a bit! Don't want to risk setting off car alarms or, you know, upsetting little old ladies on the street if you start a bit of car!humpy. :lol:

Nice banner, Radical. :lol: And naturally, of course they almost got caught holding hands. I'm sorry, boys, but you really shouldn't stand that close together at work--it's potentially dangerous. :devil: Although, now I'm curious about who almost-caught them. :p

"Heroes" isn't my favorite episode, but you gotta love the way Flack just calms Danny down in that scene. There is this lovely picture of the boys that I use for, like, everything. :lol: (Half of the site banners I made for the BC board probably have that one in it. :lol:)

Here's a little series of "Heroes" photos that I posted over on BC, but y'all might get a kick out of it too (I edited it a wee bit). :p

Sad Danny

Danny!Wobbie needs his Donnie

Hey pooky, you alright?
    [​IMG]

Donnie...*sniffle*
    [​IMG]

It's okay, Kpoo, Donnie is here

Would these eyes lie to you?

Of course not. My Jackhammer would never lie to me.

That's my baby.
    [​IMG]

:p Heh heh...

Oh, and the "hoops on Saturday, Flack, don't forget" line from "Blink" is a classic in Danny/Flack-land, rachaelm. :lol: *sigh* Ah, to think of all the stories that one little line has spawned...*drifts off thinking about fanfic*

13. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

Amen to that! (Especially if Danny finds himself on top of things ....) :devil:

14. Faylinn

:lol: Danny topping is a rare sighting indeed. :lol:

It should be mentioned that Kimmy has, in fact, updated "One Week" with chapter 9, and that she also wrote a short little story to go along with "Nine Months." :) I definitely recommend that fans head on over to read these. ;)

The 'wave' is part of an elimination game over on BC, so I feel the urge to post the picture here:

[​IMG]

Oh, Flackie my boy, you are so obvious. :lol:

So, let's get some discussion going. :) I'm writing a story of how Danny and Flack met, and I'm curious about what you guys think. (How many times have we talked about this? I can't remember if we ever have or not. :p Oh well, it can't hurt to talk about it again. ;)) I haven't decided if Flack is older than Danny or not. I have him tentatively aged a year younger than Danny, because I think Flack is older than Eddie is, but I haven't decided if I want to make him older or not...Anyway, because Danny went to the Academy after losing his chance at a baseball career, we can assume that he didn't go immediately out of high school. So Flack was probably already a cop by the time Danny joined the force (again, this is total speculation on my part, but it's what I'm going with for the story ;)). I think Flack was immediately welcomed into the inner circle, so-to-speak, when he joined the force. His dad was a legend, he probably knew most of the older cops and a good number of the younger ones as well, he was a promising young officer, etc. I think it's safe to say that he was already a pretty popular guy in Sullivan's even when he was a rookie. I think that would contrast significantly with Danny. Can you imagine the conversations among the older cops when they heard that a Messer was going to be a cop? Flack had certainly heard about the Messers growing up, and he surely heard bad things when Danny joined the Academy and graduated at the top of his class. Do you think Don was more likely to follow the general anti-Messer sentiment, or would he be like 'fuck that' and just go say hello to Danny?

I'm picturing a scene that I hope makes it into the story I'm writing where Danny and his training officer come into Sullivan's and there's a sort of general susurrus around the bar, and everyone's looking at him out of the corner of their eyes. Danny, I can imagine, would be uncomfortable and clench his jaw and just try to pretend he didn't see any of it. Flack, sitting at a table with Moran and probably a few more of the older generation, would probably watch him for a minute--I don't think he'd exactly join in with the disapproving glare, but I don't necessarily think he'd immediately rush over to shake his hand. Flack, to me, is very aware of his father's legacy looming over him, and he wouldn't rush into anything he thought would jeopardize that. So I'm thinking he'd just sort of steer clear of Danny until they actually started working together (when Danny joined the crime lab, I'm guessing), and then I think he'd try to judge Danny on his own without considering the family history. It would also be kind of cool to consider that Mac might even have said something...*writes that down for the fic* :lol:

Anyway, I'm rambling. :lol:

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

*sigh* Gosh. That picture makes me grin like a loon every time I see. Even more so when I see the episode itself, and Danny waves back at him. :D I tell ya, I've asked all my guys friends whether they wave at their fellow guy friends in greeting ... and they all unanimously looked at me like I was a wacko. :lol: (The fact that I am a wacko is a discussion for another day. *ahem*)

But seriously ... damn, I should make an animated icon out of that. If only somebody managed to screencap Danny's wave too.

And hey. That banner is hilarious. :devil: Seeing it that way, it really looks like somebody caught them in the act of doing something veeewy naughty. I mean, look how pissed off Flack is! And his shirt is undone. W00t.

Ooh, nice, a first-time story! D/F needs more a' that.

Hehehehe, to me, I'd say Flack would go up to Danny and say hi, regardless of what he might have heard about the new guy. :) C'mon, he stares at Danny like nothing else exists. I bet he's been doing it from the moment he laid eyes on the guy. Heck, probably even deliberately requested to work with the CSI team all the time just so he ... can ... work with Danny ... more.

Well, hey. I never saw it that way. SEE? MORE PROOF OF D/F CANONONONONESS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.