CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Personally, I think it's better to have (awesome) Hawkes around than having (annoying, stupid, *insert negative word here*) Mac shoved up in my face with his crap. :D

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks yas all for links. :)

Ha, latest on the CSINY twitterwagon, can guess having some of the others on may have swayed matters :p. Well. To be fair. I suppose it would also be a great thing for him to have/do while on the road with concerts and charity events. :)

"...Maddening" is about right :lol: :p.

I really do hope Casey's back to his old diabolical, dangerous self. So far he's been anything but unpredictable. If the cliffhanger's to have any hope of a decent way to spend an hour, he's gotta be what drives it. There's no perilous peril w/o it, and nothing to be left hanging about :p

Oh how delightful. :shifty:. Was hoping it would be a focused ep, but more on Casey and less on DL drama. More on the badge and the whole drawn out plan to escape and less on awaiting the grand chase up the lighthouse :rolleyes::p.

Also glad there's confirmation that Mac's personal stuff is self-contained in 6.22. At least they're handling that pointedly.

Yep. Not like like we didn't see that a'coming :p. Though to be fair again I'm not certain that know for sure Lucy is kidnapped, just that she's included in the Peril of Casey's vengeance.

Hmm. Ya know, it could actually be an interesting bookend to the season, to have had him start off gravely injured and then end up in danger again. I doubt the show will push that (or would follow it up for more than four eps in S7 if they did, given the 10% thing :lol:) but ya never know. I suppose I'm seeking out anything that offeres a wee glimmer of interest with regards to a DL cliffhanger at all :p.

As for Lucy. Hope the show doesn't go there, at least not in a permanent way. I'd hope the fact Lucy is included at all means things could become more complicated for and between Danny and Lindsay next season after the dust has settled, but somehow I also think the show will continue to present DL as the Uber-united front couple with no issues at all.

Something else that strikes me. They're both equally culpable to a point with the badge business. Lindsay never gets called out on anything. (Even Flack didn't include her in his nose-outta-joint convo with Danny, and Stella never said a word. We'll see how it plays out with Mac). I'm still thinking that DL will be portrayed as sympathetic with no liability issues for running about the city for several months with no police ID and a legit badge floating about to be abused by whomever. I digress. My point. Is that Danny has been seriously waning as a character. And I'd hate to see him absorbed into Lindsay's realm of rarely being held to account. I fear and dread this for S7 as much as a cliffhanger devoted to the loving Messer couple at all :p.

I hadn't noticed, really. So much as I didn't think Danny was being glossed over, only that Hawkes has finally been brought up to the same level of screentime and interaction as everyone else. The ones I'd noticed a dearth of this season were Sid and Adam, and while Lindsay was noticeably around less, when she was it was certainly not subtle, and so for me her presence felt largely the same :lol:.

While I did expect more out of the injury storyline for Danny, I didn't think that Hawkes was at all overdone with only two specific episodes devoted to him in particular. I liked how he was used more in other eps that weren't about him. After five years it's about damned time ;).

Personally I think it's better to have AwesomeHawkes around and Mac around (whether you find him challenging or not) than to have a *insert either positive or negative word here* DL cliffhanger served up and highlighted on a platter, after a season six that lulled me into a false sense of post-S5-DL-DLL-oversaturation-detox :lol:. DL has gotten far less screentime this season, but the mallets are ever present wherever they go. Just in case we've forgotten that they're together and all. DL is supposed to be a whiz-bang way to close the season? Mebbe if Casey is good. DL is supposed to tide my interest over the summer months? ...right. Well. Don't think so. All just IMO of course :D.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

May I agree with this?:lol: There wasn't an overload of Hawkes this season but those episodes where he was under the spotlight they were worth watching:thumbsup:

And definitely Mac portraying Casanova could be interesting too:p

Are we going to have a cliffhanger? If we are, does it mean we are going to have more DL angst at the beginning of S7:wtf:

Oh wait, i had a constipation, i don't think i have it anymore:devil::lol:

Nah, I still have faith on this people. I know they will give us the best:bolian:

why Mac's triangle is going to be wrapped on 6.23? Wasn't suppose to finish on 6.22?:confused::confused:

Thanks to all for links, spoilers, vids, etc, etc,etc:bolian:

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I've been thinking about this too, and I'm not so worried anymore that Mac and/or Stella would give Danny the pass. The storyline is on fairly shaky ground as it is -- given no other motive for Danny's behaviour, the only thing to assume is that he hid the badge crisis because he didn't want to get in trouble over it. If he doesn't, means the threat of trouble was never there, which also means there's literally zero reason he couldn't have told everyone about the badge in the same episode it went missing (not wanting to face trouble, while perhaps not a good reason for keeping it secret, is still a reason). Rendering the entire storyline pointless, except for the chance it gives Shane Casey to appear. I can't imagine there's an editor in the world that would let that kind of poor plotting slide, especially when it was already suggested in an earlier episode that Danny could face disciplinary action if the badge wasn't reported. NY may have its share of plotholes and inconsistencies, but they've never been big enough to collapse the entire plot.

About the culpability thing, my impression was that Flack didn't include Lindsay in his conversation with Danny because they'd already shown a scene where Lindsay was suggesting he report the badge (and unless they'd included a later scene where Flack was telling either Mac or Stella about it, it wouldn't have made sense to have Flack call her on it). I think my biggest issue at this point with the whole thing, though, is that as much as I'd prefer Lindsay be getting chewed out for once over her own issues, I was really looking forward to her taking the fall for this. But with the more people the show keeps adding to this group that knows but aren't saying anything (and of course this depends on whether Mac finds out about the badge tonight, but if not, it's over half the team that's now hiding it), the less likely it seems that they view concealing the badge-issue as an equally-culpable offense.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Please pass the Charmin:lol:

Not so much "glossed over" I guess,just not having only Danny out in the field as much.

Yes Sid and Adam have definitely been missed:(

A little to large:rolleyes::lol:

No argument here! It has been lonnnggg over due Cant get enough Hawkes!:)

Oh wait, i had a constipation, i don't think i have it anymore:devil::lol:[/quote]
    If only it was that easy!!:lol:

Yes Thankyou all for all of the updates!

6. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hawkes getting more screentime. In fact, I like seeing characters other than Mac and Stella getting more of a chance to shine and be seen. Much as I understand they're the leads, I like the fact the writers appear to be trying to balance it up with people like Hawkes.

Much as I like Lindsay someone actually had to point out to me that she hadn't been in an episode I'd just seen! I really didn't feel any lack of presence whereas I notice if Sid or Adam haven't been on yet... odd.

Messer baby drama is slightly predictable so I hope the writers do it well!

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

Thanks Perlnoir. I'm really excited for this episode! More Flack time.... :p

9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks, Perl!

10. Smackfanforlife

Smackfanforlife Dead on Arrival

WHY IS PEYTON TOUCHING MAC!! GET YOUR HANDS OFF HIM YOU UGLY BRITISH MONSTER!!! lol. I know we will all dread that day when we turn on 'CBS' and see her ugly face. :angryrazz: And I really don't get it when it says
    that Mac has a fond memory of Peyton.. I doubt dumping someone via letter is fond.. :confused: Basically I'm looking forward to seeing the part with Adam in Mac's apartment. *Grins* I can imagine him going:

"Hey Boss, nice place. Oh! Boss what's this!?" LOL. Anyone else imagine it?? I'm terrible worried for Danny and Lindsey.. WHY THEM! :( Curse you shane casey!! please dont let anything bad happen. PLease dont let anything bad happen. PLEASE DONT LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN!

And I wonder how Mac got injured. :confused: Poor Mac.
    PICK STELLA! NOT P..P... *tries to say name with out dying* peyton.. there we go... AND NOT PEYTON! WE FORBID THEE!!!!

(P.S Can't wait for Hawkes Love intrest.) *Wink*

11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Aww, dude. Claire Forlani is a PRETTY british WOMAN. :D me lurvvvz her :adore: Not in a lesbian way, but you get it. :D

12. Smackfanforlife

Smackfanforlife Dead on Arrival

The second picture is what worries me. In the first one, their all happy. And in the second one, it looks like Danny is gonna sheild Lucy from something. (either tht or its my imagination). And he and Lindsey are staring at something, and they look scared. So it's probley Shane Casey there. tht little :scream::scream::scream::scream:

They were probley like

"Come on Luc, let's go see the view on the lighthouse.. *hums*"
    "Well well well look whos here" <-- Casey

*Danny+Lindsey look*

probley something like that. WHY!

plz dont let anything happen. plz dont let anything happen. PLZ DO NOT LET ANYTHING HAPPEN! And in the spolier it said

"It will certanily be something that will make the fans say
    "Oh my goodness" That will be their reaction after Shane Casey does something" So Casey is gonna do something BAD!

"He is gonna prove just how dangerous he is." - Pam Vasey

Now doesn't that speak for itself???? ?

LET THEM BE SAFE PLZ!

Now on a quick subject change: I wonder what Mac is doing in the helicopter, and what Flack is up to... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Would be more interesting that the DLL family in peril. :rolleyes:

I know I haven't been keeping up on the spoilers for NY, but this seems a bit overboard. The CSI in peril is done to death.. . now the CSI family in peril???
    And what motive (and it better be a good one to keep me interested) does Shane Casey have in doing this? I said, he's trying to get back at Danny for Ruining his life with his brother, but going after Lindsay and the baby is just ...predictable and .... underwhelming.

See I like my villains a bit on the dark side. With some other less obvious motives. I guess we'll see how really diabolical he is (according to Hill Harper)

And I noticed the NY finale is a week later than CSI. Anyone know why?

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm guessing it has to do with May Sweeps (which are, I believe, used to determine advertising rates). I think May Sweeps goes from April 29 - May 26 this year, so the NY finale will air on the last day of Sweeps, and CSI's finale wouldn't be counted in the Sweeps calendar unless they aired it the week before. :)

15. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Is it bad that I am already going into spoiler withdrawl and the season hasnt even ended yet? This summer is going to suck. Blah. I hate that I am so addicted to spoilers/CSI NY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.