CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

"Danny, Lindsay and baby Lucy in peril"

wonder what transpires?

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

And apparently will "leave us guessing as to what will shake out." :shifty:

I hope so. I really do. I guess we'll see....

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

And it will also make us say, "Oh my goodness!"

Color me underwhelmed. :rolleyes:

ETA: I actually like the idea of cliffhangers. It just seems NY can't pull off a good one based on past seasons.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  4. CSI.Jade

CSI.Jade Victim

I really hope it's a good episode period rather than it being a good finale. In my opinion this whole season has been somewhat sporatic in my interests in the episodes. The beginning was kinda 'meh' for me then they got pretty interesting and now they're kinda back to 'meh' (although The Formula was a good one and that was kinda recent).

Anyway, I'm hoping more for a good epiosde rather than a thrilling conclusion. I also hope it's nothing too predictable. I agree with what others have said also. 1, 2 and 3 had great finales where nothing was left unfinished. Let's have another Snow Day finale this time around rather than last season. I don't want to spend another summer listening to multiple speculations again.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Like others have said, the key to a good cliffhanger is actually leaving the audience in suspense. If they do that this season, it could be good for when the fall rolls around (not to mention giving us something to chew on for the several months during hiatus when we're wandering boredly around the forum before the new season starts :p) - if they want us to believe Lucy (or the whole Messer Family) could die, I'm not really gonna buy it. I suppose there are cliffhanger possibilities that could do the trick, but I'm not sure what they could be at this point. Maybe they'll surprise me, cynical fan though I may be. :p

I guess we'll see in about a month!

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I'm also hoping for a strong, Snow-Day-esque finale, not giving up on that yet. Pictures might not be indicative of everything :lol::lol: Can't believe it's only going to be another month...

Maybe if the cliffhanger had less to do with who's life is in peril, and was/is more about someone's job being at risk, or their ability to do their job being at risk, it would hold more fascination than it currently does (for me, anyway). A lot of shows seem to think that potential death is the only thing that makes for a good cliffhanger lately, but there's only so many times you can see the exact same cliffhanger on every other primetime drama (sometimes on the same drama; CSI: Miami seems to be doing a similar "rocks fall, maybe everyone dies" cliffhanger this year) before it passes old and hits decrepit. And speaking for myself, I might do an "OMG" if the cliffhanger hinted at a significant life change for a character (or characters). More than I would for one of them maybe dying, especially if no one seems to be leaving.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

i think the problem with season 6 cliffhanger is that is wasnt a cliffhanger. It ended last season with the shootout at the bar and when it started it was a month later. Danny was in a wheelchair, Adam and Stella, there was no goodbye for Angel it just did not make sence. The season premier left us with more questions then answers. OH and lets not forget Lucy went from being a few months old to being ten months old. I just hope when the next season starts Baby Lucy isn't in High School.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks PERLNOIR!:thumbsup:
    It seems like we have seen alot of Hawkes this season! Not that its a bad thing just noticable. That seemed like a bit more mild of a promo no Aubry and D/L drama "Shock and awe!" Maybe we will get a normal kind of episode this time!crosses fingers.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That wasn't so much the fault of the cliffhanger as it was of the resolution. And that's what tends to happen with most cliffhangers--the ending of the first part is so dramatic and exciting that the resolution just can't measure up. However it plays out, it's not going to be as exciting as the cliffhanger. That being said, it should at least be satisfying... and yeah, setting the resolution a month after the cliffhanger really did take all the wind out of that suspense.

I think they tried to do that with Danny being in a wheelchair at the beginning of the season. And I think that could have been great, but they resolved it in four episodes. :rolleyes: That was absurd! I was actually excited to see how it was all going to play out, and then it was over before it had even gotten started.

Look at it this way... what if Danny had been in that wheelchair all season. Hiding the theft of his badge might have made more sense, since Danny believably could have worried about the department using it as an excuse to axe him (or put him on disability leave or something). And finding out Shane Casey had his badge could have really been a moment, since Danny would naturally be feeling pretty vulnerable. And then when Shane came after Danny, maybe that could have been when he really was motivated to walk again.

I get that the show is a procedural and has to move quickly and can't linger on character stuff, but at the same time, I think Danny's injuries--and by extension, last season's cliffhanger--could have been paid off so much better than it was.

11. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I completely agree. I think seeing as the writers made the decision to take the storyline there (Danny in the wheelchair) they should have at least properly committed to it. It just felt a bit half-baked to me.

As for S6 finale being a cliffhanger, I won't hold my breath. I always hope they'll nail it but I've got to say thus far, I've felt a bit let down with the finale 'cliffhangers' we've had.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I completely agree with what you said. The storyline of the wheelchair was totally bad, I shall have liked that it arrived as you evoked it, that would have so more exalting than what we have had to there.

13. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

this might be kinda off topic, but...

is anyone else bothered by Lindsay's hair this season? I really dont like her hair at all right now. The pics from the finale have that weird bang thing going on... its quite annoying.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I agree, this was a storyline that shouldn't have been resolved as quickly as it was (especially considering what else they had planned for the season). It definitely would've paid off more if it had gone all season.

I get the point about procedurals too, but I actually wonder how well this particular storyline applied to that rule. It usually seems like personal-handicap storylines are the ones that play out the longest on several procedurals (Criminal Minds/House/CSI Original are the ones I'm thinking of), so I was a little surprised that NY didn't take advantage of that with Danny's wheelchair story. I wonder what might've happened if we'd already known that Danny was the one shot at the end of Pay Up (ie, if that had been the focus of the cliffhanger-ending, as opposed to the "who was it?" element). I think it could've been just as exciting as needing to find out who survived or not, and with that kind of direct cliffhanger focus, even casual viewers would've been expecting to see a stronger, season-long payoff in S6. Maybe if they focus the upcoming finale's cliffhanger that way, it'll make for a solid S7.

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Well the whole family in peril thing is going overboard too.
    I realize they want people to tune in season and after season or at least viewers who only watch the show casually will be more inclined to watch the 'will they survive or won't they?' aspect of it. But the whole family??? Come on!

I can see Shane being obsessed with Danny for ruining his family. Danny was the one who showed compassion to Shane and almost a bit of sympathy.
    I'm hoping Shane's obsession is really something more sinister (that would make the story line more interesting to me anyway) than just seeking revenge.

And I agree about last seasons cliffhanger and this seasons premiere. There was no real resolution to Angell's death. Yea, we saw Flack's fall and his grieving process but that's it. No one else talked about it. :( :confused:

I guess I'm a bit underwhelmed at the 'CSI family in peril' cliffhanger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.