CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Thanks, Perl, for the link. I hope it turns out to be a good one. We sure need it. Looks like Danny is on his game in this one. That's a good thing. Let's hope Mac doesn't take over the show.

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Haven't been keeping up with the Mac/Aubrey clips here, so I have no idea if anyone's posted this one yet. But I think it's a new one from next week's ep:

Mac/Aubrey Unusual Suspects

Eta: Forgot to add, I think it's adorable :D

4. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Here some news from Matt Mitovich, not very good news but .....

"'CSI' Franchise Faces Possible Shake-Up, From Vegas to NYC

New time slots and the possible exit of at least one familiar face could help breathe new life into CBS' aging 'CSI' franchise as the three series enter the 2010-11 TV season.

Among the people who may be on the move: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' vet Marg Helgenberger told TV Squad that her contract is up this season. As of late April, "I haven't been asked back," she shared, "so we'll see."

Helgenberger's 'CSI' is facing perhaps the most critical juncture of the three shows going into the fall, having suffered a 28 percent drop in ratings. Recently CBS experimented by swapping Thursday time slots for 'CSI' and 'The Mentalist,' though it's also possible that the network may opt to relocate the 10-year-old procedural to Fridays at 9, says Variety.

Similarly, 'CSI: Miami' is beginning to wane a bit, occasionally losing its time slot to ABC's surging 'Castle.' But since 'Miami' seems to be retaining its critical demos and CBS already is likely to reshape its Monday comedy blocks in the fall, the crime drama is likely to stay put.

'CSI: NY' is a trickier call. Always the lowest-rated of the three, it has dipped 14 percent in viewership and proven vulnerable to NBC's 'Law & Order: SVU,' which isn't exactly riding high itself. Since 'Criminal Minds' is a particularly strong table-setter in the fall, the thinking is that CBS may hold 'NY' for midseason and enter the new season with something else in the Wednesdays-at-10 spot.

Or, if the original 'CSI' gets shuttled to Fridays-at-9, 'NY' could air that night at 10 – or claim the likely canceled 'Cold Case's Sundays-at-10 berth."

What do y think about that ?????

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Mac and Flack look mighty fine in those pics, so no matter how crap the storyline may turn out to be, at least there will be something worth watching for, LOL.

I really have had enough of cliffhangers, though.

6. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

SO true! :lol: Well, personally, I'll be watching Flack and Adam. (if he's in the ep. :shifty:)

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I saw that - I dunno, I'll be watching whenever it airs (although Sunday nights is a pain in the butt because of how often the shows get pushed back due to sports, which screws with people's ability to DVR things). Midseason might not be a completely horrible idea simply because there would be more of a solid run without all of the stops and starts with the repeats - although it would need a timeslot, so at least one new show would have to fail (if I'm understanding it right). Some fans might not tune back in if they have to wait several extra months to start the new season, but then again starting later could bring in new viewers depending on the timeslot they put it in...it's a gamble either way.

I dunno, I'm just waiting to see what they do.

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'm not taking it as bad news yet as it seems more of a teltale sign for Vegas if Marg is saying she hasn't been asked to resign yet.

I kind of feel NY still has more to give and maybe Vegas they know is kinda reaching that point I still love it but there cases aren't as gripping as they used to be some are but some i'm a bit hmm wheras NY still has those good cases and there is probably a lot they could do. Annoys me with Miami tho cos i never have been a fan and thats the one thats sticking ok.

The airing dates are strange because for the UK it doesnt bother us and NY tbh gets messed about every week by Five when its one one night at 9 the next night 9.40 or like 9.20 only past few weeks has it stuck at its 9pm slot.

I've tried for so long to stay out of commenting here this season but the finale and all the talk its starting to turn me a tad crazy i'm so perplexed by whats actually going to happen. I have my theory tho if its as confusing as its making it out to be i have Criminal Minds finale to fall back on. I'm hoping for good things its a possibility but they way they are selling it isn't helping fans reactions.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  9. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Funny thing...I'm not a huge LV fan anymore, but I watched the last episode and found myself pretty captivated by the whole show. I think LV does a pretty good job of keeping the character of the desert woven into the show. Even more so than the city of Las Vegas itself.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

the midseason thing doesn't bother me so much - as has been said, it might help if it means a less disjointed season. having this season so thinly spread over a longer period has been a big problem, so maybe squishing it into a shorter period would help?

as for time slot, well i guess it doesn't affect me so much being in the uk, but i think sunday nights, certainly in this country, are reserved either for rather serious one off/short term dramas, or things that are somewhat past their prime. moving a prime time show to sunday nights over here would probably be seen as an admission of defeat....

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

It's surprising to see CSI:LV in trouble; it's not my favourite of the three, but technically speaking it is the best one in how well-done it is overall (and the ratings seemed to be pretty solid, if not the same as the last few years).

Miami being mostly okay isn't surprising, imo, especially after tonight's ep -- that's always been my least favourite too, but the quality is going up. It's so sad when I keep being seriously impressed by Miami's eps and disappointed/frustrated with several of NY's. :rolleyes: But I'm not going to worry about NY just yet. Although if it does come down to it being moved to Friday or Sunday, it would probably be the latter, right? Since Sunday shows still do pretty well, NY's definitely still holding its own in ratings, meaning they probably wouldn't want to hurt its chances by moving it to a Friday timeslot. (Which seems to be the worst one)

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Ooooh, I hope he is.
    Also, I know this has already been commented, but what is Danny wearing? Yuck.

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source : http://twitter.com/adam_bryant

14. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I know! It looks like someone mixed an orange and a cucumber in a blender and made a sweater out of it! :wtf:

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Great that Gary is on Twitter. He seems to be getting quite into it. Love that he posts updates on the band etc as well as CSI NY, and his mother's day message was sweet.

I didn't know he knew/was friends with Kelsey Grammar, that's cool, they're both awesome. Though Gary's hotter (sorry, Kelsey!)
    Lovely pics, especially the pizza one, and LOL at Further Adventures of the Pizza Box.:lol:

I love how Gary looks all the time, I am aware that he probably has quite a bit of make up etc on CSI NY but he stilll looks hot. It's great that he looks equally as, or more, hot in real life. I prefer him with the Mac-length hair to the shorter style he has lately, and I prefer Gary generally with short hair rather than long hair. Not really into long haired guys as a rule, but on Gary, occasionally, I will tolerate it.:lol: Best feature of all, IMO, is his eyes. *le sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.