CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm sure I've used a similar thread title before, but there are only so many sayings about NYC. :p

Here's what I have for the last few episodes of the season - I don't think I have it all, so make sure you bring over anything I missed from the old thread!

(I apologize in advance for any mistakes. :))

6.20 "Tales from the Undercard" (order switched with "Unusual Suspects", now airs first)
    ~ The episode opens on a construction site in Brooklyn. Two guys are fighting - one is a construction worker, and the other is a construction worker on strike. There are more workers (current and striking) on both sides, cheering their guy on. The striking worker pins down the other guy and stands up, grabbing a jackhammer. He starts making holes in the cement around the other guy's head, threatening him. But things get gruesome when he aims the jackhammer and blood sprays up on him--but not from the other construction worker. The blood came from the concrete.

~ The team discovers that there's a body under the concrete. It's Joe Roman, a former boxer who wasn't allowed to fight anymore because he had brain injuries--but it looks like he might have gotten back into the ring, with tragic consequences.

~ Everybody is in this one. :)

~ Meanwhile, it looks like Shane Casey is using Danny's debit card, and Flack is trying to track him down.​

6.21 "Unusual Suspects"
    (order switched with "Tales from the Undercard", now airs second)
    ~ A 14-year-old boy (Nicky) is shot in an alleyway while his 10-year-old brother (Sam) looks on. Sam says a man saw the Rolex Nicky was wearing and shot him for it - the watch belonged to their father, and he gave it to Nicky before he died.

~ I can't tell for sure, but it appears that Mac is out with Aubrey (Mädchen Amick's character) and they're nearby when this happens because she comes up when the paramedics are working on Nicky (while Mac goes over to Sam) - one of the paramedics comments on her being out of the ER. She rides in the ambulance with Nicky.

~ Flack develops a good relationship with Sam. He's the one who helps clean the blood off the little boy's hands and takes his blood-stained shirt for evidence (giving him a small NYPD t-shirt in its place). He spends a lot of time with Sam during the course of the investigation, trying to help him figure out who shot his brother.

~ Sid is there - he goes to the hospital to look at Nicky's wounds and talks to Mac. Lindsay is also mentioned, so Adam seems to be the odd man out this week.

~ Also, before anyone asks: There is no mention of Shane Casey or any of that in the spoilers. It could still be there, of course, but there was nothing that I saw.​

6.22 "Point of View"
    ~ Something happened to Mac - I'm not entirely sure how he's injured, but his ribs are hurt at least. He and Stella are at his apartment, getting ready to eat Chinese food. They're watching people through the windows in Mac's apartment.

~ They see a pair of teenagers making out in an apartment across the way before the girl's mother comes in and sends the boy out. Mac and Stella reminisce about being teenagers - Mac indicates that he got into some trouble when he was younger, but he changes the subject when Stella tries to ask just what kind of trouble that might be. When she leaves the room to get bottles of water for them to drink with their food, Mac turns his attention to a different apartment.

~ In this apartment, he sees a man (Tate) pacing around as if he's nervous or worried. A younger man (Ivan) enters the apartment and hands Tate a metal briefcase - Tate opens the briefcase and takes out a metal canister of some sort. He hands Ivan an envelope, and Ivan leaves.

~ There is a dead guy found in a restaurant bathroom. It turns out to be Ivan, the younger man Mac saw in the apartment across from his own. There's evidence that he was sweating and that he wet his pants. There's also a broken mirror and some blood in the restaurant bathroom.

~ The team is able to match the blood to a guy named Troy, who has prior assaults in his record, but he denies killing Ivan - he says he just punched the mirror because he found out his girlfriend was pregnant, and he isn't ready to be a father.

~ Mac and Adam go to Mac's apartment to keep an eye on Tate. Adam acts like a dork, messing with Mac's autographed football (with Joe Namath's signature) and asking too many questions. Mac sends him out of the room for some reason.

~ After Adam leaves, Mac turns his attention to Tate's apartment. He sees Tate enter, carrying a birdcage with a bird inside. Tate takes the canister out of the briefcase Ivan gave him and carefully places several drops of the liquid inside of it onto the paper in the bottom of the birdcage. He turns toward the front door of his apartment before carrying the birdcage, briefcase and canister into the bedroom of the apartment. When he returns, he opens the front door to reveal his visitor: Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani).

~ Mac pulls out his phone and tries to call Peyton, but she's changed her number. He sees her leave the apartment with Tate. When he looks back at the bedroom, he sees that the bird is convulsing in the cage.​

6.23 "Vacation Getaway"
    ~ Flack catches and arrests Shane Casey right at the beginning of the episode - but don't be fooled! Shane's still got some tricks up his sleeve. He is held at the District Attorney's office (they want to be able to show off that they caught a wanted serial killer), and he attacks the single officer left to guard him, allowing him to escape.

~ Mac and Stella go to the Guggenheim Museum at one point to look at a specific Andy Warhol painting - one that is made of $1 bills. They go based on a series of clues that Shane leaves for them to follow...

~ That's all I know for now. I see Mac, Stella, Flack and Hawkes - no sign of the others.

~ Here's an official description for the finale:
    May 26, 10:00pm ET/PT: As the CSIs follow escaped criminal Shane Casey’s (Edward Furlong) trail across Manhattan, miles away from the mayhem, Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) are enjoying a long overdue vacation until Casey’s plans threaten to endanger both their lives in this cliffhanger finale.

Miscellaneous
    What's next for Mac and Stella on CSI: NY? They were so cute in the episode called "Second Chances." — Meg

TV Guide: Well, Mac is going to have some tough decisions in the love department. You see, just as soon as viewers get used to the idea of him and guest-star Madchen Amick settling into some kind of relationship, Mac will be forced to choose between her and another woman very well known to fans of the show. We know who, but we're not saying... yet. Hit the comments with your guesses. ​
    What's next for Danny and Lindsay on CSI: NY? I would like to see more interaction and stories with Lindsay especially. — Cindy

MegaBuzz: Based on my inbox, you're not the only one suffering from Lindsay withdrawal, Cindy. But executive producer Pam Veasey has a good excuse: "She's a mom. We don't want to ignore the fact that sometimes mothers take time off," Veasey says, adding that the character is here to stay. "You'll definitely see her being a mother and trying to juggle the life of being a crime-fighter, forensic scientist and a parent."​
    ~ Carmine did a chat with TV.com, and he made several comments that could be considered spoilery.
    "Yes Danny and Lindsey are doing great. The Baby is great. But...I can tell you all..there will be a cliffhanger involving us in the FINALE this year!"

On how fatherhood has changed Danny: "All my priorities have shifted, which can sometimes cause important things to fall through the cracks, stay tuned."

Will he get his badge back? "I sure hope so, 'cause I need that thing If I plan on making any more arrests."​
    ~ AJ posted on Twitter: "on set right now.... doing a scene with Gary and have to shoot a pig in the belly to help solve the crime :) hahah i love m job :p". He then posted this picture (you can rotate it when you enlarge it):

[​IMG]

~ From Fancast:
    Any truth to the rumor that Gary Sinise is leaving ‘CSI: NY‘ after this season? – Christine

Let’s file this wild card query under “No.”

How many episodes is Claire Forlani coming back to ‘CSI: NY’ for? – fatherdowling via Twitter

Let’s file this query under “Intriguing.” Although I too have heard that Forlani is due back as Peyton Driscoll, no one is officially confirming the encore. Not the show, not the actress’ rep. No one. So, shhhhh!​
    ~ Several tweets from Hill:
    "RT @AndorianIP: Hey r u still getting a luv interest on NY or they shelved that for the Mac drama?-->Shelved till nxt yr!! Hawkes needs luv!" (source)

"JUST SAW THE ROUGH CUT OF EPISODE 619-- THE HUGE HAWKES EPISODE AND IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! IT AIRS APRIL 14TH-- GET READY!!!!!" (source)​
    ~ Here's a Twitpic with Carmine and AJ (hover over it to read the caption, and click to view it full-sized):

[​IMG]

~ From Fancast:
    I think it’s interesting that ‘CSI: NY’ brought Shane Casey back. Any ideas on how he might get revenge on the team that jailed him? – Cate

I recently gabbed with ‘CSI: NY’ star Melina Kanakaredes about the April 7 episode that offers Stella quite the showcase, but I also picked her brain about Shane Casey. She said the circumstances surrounding the serial slayer’s unexpected encore are, well, “interesting.” She added, “I don’t want to give away too much, but they tie it into a story point that’s been on the show all season long. It melds in really perfectly.”​
    ~ Posted on April 1, but I doubt that's relevant:
    CSI: NY Exclusive: Peyton Is Back! Who Will Mac Choose?

CSI: NY's Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) will have some difficult decisions to make when former flame Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani) returns to the Big Apple, executive producer Pam Veasey tells TVGuide.com exclusively.

As we first teased, Peyton's return comes just as Mac gets cozy in his relationship with Dr. Aubrey Hunter (Madchen Amick). So will Mac stick it out with Aubrey or be tempted by his passionate past with Peyton?

"It's actually like he doesn't have to make the choice; it may be that these two women are trying to make the choice for him," Veasey says. "It's a great place for a character to be in: There's an old love who could return or a new relationship and new possibilities. These are two very smart, talented, attractive women that are in his life."

Peyton will return in a Rear Window-esque episode titled "Point of View" when one of her colleagues from Chelsea University becomes a suspect in a case. Veasey says Peyton does become aware of the other woman in Mac's life, and despite Peyton's abrupt departure to London with only a goodbye letter in Season 4, she has history on her side.

"Peyton's really happy to see [Mac], and it's a fond memory for him," Veasey says. "It's a surprise for him when she returns. ... I think they both know that they're fond of each other still, that there's something that makes each other smile. It was a great relationship, and anything can happen when those feelings are sort of stirred again."

The episode, which airs May 19 and is Season 6's penultimate hour, will leave Mac to ponder his decision over the summer break, Veasey says. And she's hoping to hear from the fans before offering the resolution in Season 7.

"It's what we like to call our Twilight triangle," Veasey says with a laugh. "We hope the audience makes up their mind and chats about it online over the summer. We'd love for them to chime in and decide who they like or who they don't like.

"It will be answered in some form [next season], and we don't know what that is yet," Veasey says. "We like both Peyton and Claire, but at this point, all we know is that Mac is in a great place to have a relationship with someone."

And what about those fans who are still pulling for Mac to choose Stella (Melina Kanakaredes) instead? "There are always surprises on our show, so we can't say that it will never happen," Veasey says. "They have a really close relationship, and there's always moments where they dip into a fondness and a closeness. You will see it in the episode where Peyton returns. Mac is surrounded by the women in his life; he's got a lot of women taking care of him in that episode. He's not a man without choices, but no one could ever say what he's going to do. He's an unpredictable soul."

So, where do you stand: Team Peyton, Team Aubrey or Team Stella?​
    ~ From Fancast:
    Have you got anything on the 'CSI: NY' season finale? – jessmary25 via Twitter

I leaned on Melina Kanakaredes for some hints, but she convinced me that she had no idea what boss lady Pam Veasey had planned, outside of Shane Casey being involved. "I imagine somebody's going to be in peril," she hedged, "since we usually end up in peril somehow!"
    ~ From TVGuide.com:
    Madchen Amick Aims to Give CSI: NY's Mac a New Dimension

For CSI: NY's Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise), work comes first. So why is his love life getting so much attention lately?

"For six seasons you didn't get to follow Mac home," Madchen Amick, who plays Mac's latest love interest, Dr. Aubrey Hunter, tells TVGuide.com. "[The writers] really wanted to explore that and give another dimension to Mac. They felt like fans are ready to see Mac outside of work life."

However, Amick says, Mac and Aubrey hit it off because they're so focused on their work. "They have this immediate attraction, and they probably recognize within each other without really knowing that they're both very career-driven," she says. "Mac's always so busy with his cases and never has time in personal relationships that Aubrey ends up being something really refreshing to him."

Aubrey's career? Before becoming an emergency-room doctor in New York, she served two tours as a medic in Afghanistan. "She's very driven, but also very passionate about serving people," the 39-year-old Amick says. "That's the reason she's serving in the Reserves and working as an emergency room doctor as opposed to being some physician with a practice sitting back making money."

In Wednesday's episode (10/9c on CBS) Aubrey and Mac each get a glimpse of how the other works. Although the relationship will move slow, Amick says, it's nice to see Mac let his guard down a bit.

"I think Mac questions everything and never really jumps into stuff," she says. "But there seems to be something brighter about his day after we meet. So, he's not resisting it. He actually reaches back out, so that's a pretty big step for him."

Although Mac will eventually be forced to decide between Aubrey and returning former lover Peyton (Claire Forlani), Amick says she's enjoyed the innocence of the Aubrey-Mac pairing.

"It's interesting that they're both smitten with each other but don't quite no how to move forward," Amick says. "It's almost like new love back in high school: "Do I make the move?' ... But they eventually realize, 'Wow, we have more in common than we thought.'"​
    ~ Tweets from an NY set designer:
    @oliviahayes I'm designing a lighthouse this morning for the final episode of the season. Funny you should randomly be a beacon at the end.. (source)

@oliviahayes Yeah, we are sorta going for a version of the ‎Montauk Lighthouse at the end of Long Island. Danny and Lindsay are on vacation. (source)​

2. Faylinn

Post 2, since there was too much info to have it all in the opening post. :lol:

~ MegaBuzz question:
    What's coming up for Danny and Lindsay for the end of this season of CSI: NY? — Christina

MegaBuzz: I know what executive producer Pam Veasey told me: "The season finale will involve a big, big event for Danny and Lindsay. I'll just leave it at that." Hmm, well, since Shane Casey is most likely involved, should fans of the couple be worried about them? "Yes," Veasey says. "It's something that will make them go, 'Oh my goodness!' That will be their response."​
    ~ Posted by set designer Will Batts - it shows the crew all crammed into the set representing Mac's apartment for 6.22:

[​IMG]

~ Here's a picture that set designer Will Batts posted of the lighthouse from the finale under construction. (Remember, Danny and Lindsay will be on vacation):

[​IMG]

~ This gives a bit of a description for a scene from the finale:
    THE PRODUCTION COMPANY: CBS Corporation

WILL BE FILMING: CSI: New York

LOCATION: 1. 631 S Olive St; 2. St. Vincent Ct, W 7th St. South to end.

FILMING DATE(S): 1. 4/16/10; 2. 4/16/10

FILMING HOUR(S): 1. 7:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M.;

DESCRIPTION OF SCENE:

Weapons brandished. Driving scenes. Emergency vehicles with lights flashing. Camera and equipment on sidewalk, in curb lane and across the street. Exterior dialogue. Handheld equipment. Occasional traffic and pedestrian control. Near hits & miss with bus in street. Stunt driving. Wetting of the street. Camera across street. Talent entering & exiting. Simulating man riding dead body crashing through 2nd floor window & landing on sidewalk. Atmospheric smoke effects. Wetting of the street. Construction crane for stunt rig. Lighting from rooftops. Simulated electrical box with sparks. Simulated chase down fire escape with talent hanging from simulated electrical cable, Talent falls from broken cable crashing into building, drops painters platform. Simulated officer jumps onto platform and crashes. Condor. Generator. Scissor lift.​
    ~ This is part of a Hill Harper interview that relates to the finale:
    ‘CSI: NY’s Hill Harper Previews Shane Casey’s ‘Action-Packed’ Return

What can you tease about this year’s season finale? [Executive producer] Pam Veasey told me that Shane Casey figures into a cliffhanger, and there are rumors that Danny and Lindsay are placed in jeopardy….

I can say this: In the final episode, Shane Casey proves why he is so dangerous. He takes an action that everyone who sees it will say, “This is the worst thing that someone could ever do” – and I’m talking about a guy who once decapitated somebody. It one-ups our past finales, without question.​
    ~ More pictures of the lighthouse set, courtesy of set designer Will Batts:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ This is from an interview with Hill about "Redemptio", but this part is relevant to the finale and Shane Casey, so I'll go ahead and post it:
    At the center of the riot is famed CSI: NY serial killer Shane Casey (Edward Furlong). "There's no question that the Shane Casey character is the worst villain in all six seasons we've had on our show," Harper says. "This is such a genius way of showing how diabolical he really is. He is just bad news."

Harper says the episode will explain how Casey's fingerprints ended up on Danny's badge earlier this season and sets the stage for a huge finale.

"You never know what he's going to do," Harper says. "And that is revealed in a very dangerous way in the finale. He takes an action that I think is going to surprise everybody with how scary it is, and that's the way the season's going to end. It's pretty exciting."

That's all I have - I haven't updated my list in a few days, so I'm sure there's something missing (including the most recent spoiler posted last night). So bring it on over and let the discussion continue! :D

ETA: Here's some more stuff I found in the old thread - thanks to everyone that shared it! (This is also listed several posts down for those who might miss stuff that's edited into this post - in case you're wondering why it's listed twice. :lol:)

~ From Fancast:
    Will 'CSI: NY' revisit the Flack/Angell storyline (her death, Flack's alcoholism, mourning and all that)? – Clarisse

A setside source confirms that which Melina Kanakaredes told me: Flack's dark period is pretty much behind him.​
    ~ Hill posted this Twitpic with some of his costars:

[​IMG]

~ Yet another picture of the lighthouse from the finale, courtesy of set designer Will Batts:

[​IMG]

~ Will Batts posted this picture of a painting that will feature in the finale. He also said, "We wanted to use Andy Warhol's 200 dollar bills painting but the estate wanted more than we were willing to spend."

[​IMG]

~ This was posted by someone on Twitter: "Still shooting CSI NY. It has been a long day & the baby on set is crying on every take...we will be here all night 4:41 PM Apr 14th" (Source)

~ To confirm the above bit, which suggests that Lucy will definitely be included in the finale, there's this from Fancast:
    Any chance we'll see Lucy Messer again before 'CSI:NY' ends its season? – fatherdowling via Twitter

Actually, you'll see Lucy Messer as 'CSI: NY' ends its season.​
    ~ Someone asked what's coming up for Danny and Lindsay in this MegaBuzz video. Here's a transcription of the answer:
    Whatever it is, executive producer Pam Veasey is being super coy about it. Veasey would only say that Danny and Lindsay figure into the season finale big event and that it would cause more than a few gasps. Since serial killer Shane Casey is in the mix, we can't imagine that being a good thing.​

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Yes first to reply after Fay!!!

I didnt know we had an 'offical' description! I love you new threads with all the spoilers in one little cute package!

Thanks Faylinn!

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thank you Fay!! That is awesome! Sticking this one and closing the old one. Thanks for making the new one. :cool:

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks a lotttttttt Fay.

Great Job.

6. Faylinn

Ok, here's some more stuff I found - this should be pretty much all of it, unless I completely missed some earlier stuff. Also, some of this is probably out of order because I was opening tabs in Firefox, and it opens them weird now. :lol:

(I'm going to edit this into the second post of the thread so it'll all be in the first two posts. :))

~ From Fancast:
    Will 'CSI: NY' revisit the Flack/Angell storyline (her death, Flack's alcoholism, mourning and all that)? – Clarisse

A setside source confirms that which Melina Kanakaredes told me: Flack's dark period is pretty much behind him.​
    ~ Hill posted this Twitpic with some of his costars:

[​IMG]

~ Yet another picture of the lighthouse from the finale, courtesy of set designer Will Batts:

[​IMG]

~ Will Batts posted this picture of a painting that will feature in the finale. He also said, "We wanted to use Andy Warhol's 200 dollar bills painting but the estate wanted more than we were willing to spend."

[​IMG]

~ This was posted by someone on Twitter: "Still shooting CSI NY. It has been a long day & the baby on set is crying on every take...we will be here all night 4:41 PM Apr 14th" (Source)

~ To confirm the above bit, which suggests that Lucy will definitely be included in the finale, there's this from Fancast:
    Any chance we'll see Lucy Messer again before 'CSI:NY' ends its season? – fatherdowling via Twitter

Actually, you'll see Lucy Messer as 'CSI: NY' ends its season.​
    ~ Someone asked what's coming up for Danny and Lindsay in this MegaBuzz video. Here's a transcription of the answer:
    Whatever it is, executive producer Pam Veasey is being super coy about it. Veasey would only say that Danny and Lindsay figure into the season finale big event and that it would cause more than a few gasps. Since serial killer Shane Casey is in the mix, we can't imagine that being a good thing.​

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks again

8. Top41

Guys, for the new spoiler thread, let's cut down on posts that are just "thank you" or smileys... these posts are kind of spammish. It's okay to thank someone--just make sure your post also has content discussing spoilers as well.

9. Faylinn

A question about Hawkes from MegaBuzz - he might actually get a girlfriend next season. I'll believe that when I see it. ;)

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6.22 Point of View

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

source: tv.com

11. Top41

Looks like Mac and Peyton are definitely going to get close again in this episode! :eek:

Adam is probably so excited to be in Mac's apartment. :lol:

12. Faylinn

I can see Stella's cleavage AND I LIKE IT. :D

Adam in Mac's apartment is going to be so adorable. I want him to snoop in the medicine cabinet or something. And then Mac can catch him and sort of glare, and Adam will get all nervous and be like, "Boss! I was just - I didn't - I mean *deer caught in the headlights*"

That would be awesome. Doubt it would ever happen, but it would be awesome nonetheless. :adore:

13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

well at least like she tries anyway. it's really hard to read his expression in that pic 3rd from the top where it's most probably when she's trying to explain her feelings (*hates on the way she's touching him!!*), but he doesn't seem the most pleased.... and my god i'd forgotten how much i grew to hate that 'woe-is-me self-pity feel-sorry-for-me' look she gets!!! :mad:

and oh yes, adam in mac's apartment?!!! can't wait!! :D:lol:

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Great get the puke bucket ready!:rolleyes: I know I wont be gazing upon her in season seven...it all comes back to me and it isnt good!

15. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Thanks a lot, Faylinn! :)

Ugh, why is Peyton touching Mac?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.