CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacTaylorsGirl8

MacTaylorsGirl8 Dead on Arrival

Im new at this and have not been able to read all the posts yet, so please bare with me.

Does that mean that Stella is quitting her job? And about Mac going all the way to Greece for Stella kind of reminds me of when Danny went to Montana to be with Lindsey.

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

It's hard to say for certain what Stella's intended meaning is by putting down her badge. We'll have to wait and see...

Really? I suppose... It rather reminds me more of when Horatio and Eric hopped a flight to Brazil and enacted that ridiculous, off the books, spaghetti-western style, of vengeance. God, I'd hate to see NY follow in Miami's footsteps anymore than they already have. T_T

3. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

How else could he talk to her about it? When the 3 druggies were killed by their lawyers, he went to the court to tell the judge. When Ella overdosed, he went to her apartment. The man clearly doesn't know how to use his phone. :lol:

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Let's not forget about his trip to Chicago because of Drew/Andy/the 333 caller. He does seem to prefer to talk to people in person.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

First than everything: Welcome MacTaylorsgirl8 to talk CSI :D

mmmm i have not idea if she is going to quit. But according to spoilers he will be upset because he will say she put him in a very difficult position.So i guess if she finally gives him her badget (And i prefer to think she will throw at him her badget. It would be very Rambo Stella :D ) it will be to avoid him more trouble with Sinclair or with whoever
    I think she will try to protect him (as usual) but this time it will be Mac who will take care of her job because when he went toChicago, she covered for him (Along with Flack)

Debbie ;)

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

AJ did an interview with TV Guide - it looks like TPTB made the decision to kill someone, not the actor who is leaving.

I'm going to post the same thing in the other thread.

AJ also said someone will be made honorary godfather, but not Adam - if it's Flack, I'll laugh my ass off. :lol:

7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Sounds like they're going to be working to keep it tight lipped. Damn.

Oh god, I can feel that being Mac and my gag reflex is already contracting at the thought. Just when we thought things could get any lamer. :rolleyes:

8. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I have to agree that this godfather thing is kinda lame... A little too 7th Heaven or something...

But if there has to be one I want it to be Flack. Mostly because I love him and... yeah that's all I got. :lol:

Plus, Mac's already been super involved and his little "God brought you two together" comment combined with him being the godfather might make my eyes roll right out of my head. I'm a full on DL shipper but I'm not about to say that GOD brought them together to have premarital sexual relations. :rolleyes:

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The godfather is so going to be Mac. Who else would it be? I mean, everything has to involve Mac or Stella after all. ;) :lol: I hope it's Flack, though, because that would be cute, and really, with the way Flack protects the baby's father no one is going to more attentive to that kid. ;)

As for the character death, what AJ is saying makes me think one of two things:

1. The person who is leaving knows, but isn't saying anything. This is entirely possible--the person could have asked to leave, or the writers could have told him/her early on that he/she was getting written out of the show, but not to tell anyone else. Something similar happened when they killed off Katee Sackhoff's character, Starbuck, on BSG in season three. I think literally no one else in the cast knew until that episode, so that they'd react with appropriate shock.

or

2. It is a more minor character--ie, someone not in the main credits. I can't believe they'd just kill of a regular and not tell the person in advance. All the actors and writers talk about how CSI: NY is a big, happy family, so I can't see them pulling the rug out from one of their regs like that.

I don't think it's AJ either way, though. ;)

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

ok so it was TPTB 's decition. It proves how evil i think they are:lol:

Godfather? Mac?:drool::drool::drool: well now i feel double guilty because i have said so many things against the baby storyline;) Hopefully he will and Stella the godmother (and i won't need a hospital riding because i already study there:lol:)

thanks for the article:p

Debbs

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ Well, still a grain o salt here kids. ;)

S2 NCIS Bellasario told the cast that one of them would die without specifying who, and we find out later that Sasha Alexander requested to leave the show to start a family. So of course she knew.

Not suggesting an exact parallel here, but I see this as TPTB still spinning, but the cast as well as the public, at least for a little while longer. I think that in itself serves a purpose of heightening anticipation and speculation by indicating that on one is safe. Especially when one feeds the other with interviews etc. as we near the finale. But I gotta think that whomever is going probably knows. I'd hate to think they'd seriously leave it so late and roulette contracts for next year :lol:

As for Godfather, ...SID! I vote SID!! :D :lol: man that kid would have some freaky stories growing up... :lol:

(All I could think of at first when reading 'oh of course it'll be Mac who's the godfather' was Gary doing some bizarre impression of Brando...:lol:). Naw, ya gotta think it would be Mac. Not so much due the God comment, sorry, but if ya do wanna look at that exchange between Mac and Danny, perhaps because Mac's the guy who never had children and confided in he'd always regretted it, yada. Cheese ready to be added into the Whiz they've got going on? ;) No, he's just the pappa figure in the labs, or mebbe more step-pappa figure, and this could be another way to soften him up a little. And possibly really shake him if one of DL is the one to go. Hm. Then godfather might actually hafta mean something, for whomever it's bestowed upon...

My but what an edgy treatment they've given the whole DL spiel. :p (Where's my friggin t-shirt PV?)

And as for who dies? Carefully managed until they spring it on us, you betcha. After all, they'll not only want the residual to tie into the cliff-hanger somehow but have the changes themselves be a draw for S6. And for me they will be. This could actually be the best thing they've done to give the show a bit of a kick in a long time.

Doesn't change who I hope it'll be. ;) And if they do wind up pulling a Jessop instead of 'changing the line up', well talk about a :censored: cheap cheap cheap way out. They're really trying to be clever bastards about this, I hope they don't sprain something and wind up with a limping end to the season.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I kind of get it, but at the same time - it's not like the other actors will remain clueless until they're filming the episode with a camera in front of them. How does keeping it secret preserve the shock for them? (For the audience not knowing, sure, but the actors I don't get.)

All it seems to be doing is causing my poor boy some anxiety, and that's just mean. :p

They would be wise not to risk my fangirl wrath. :p

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Now, what's wrong with Flack? I mean, really, you do use duct tape to hold a diaper shut, right? :wtf::lol: I think he would be an excellent godfather!

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

They have probably kept if from the rest of the cast knowingwhat a bunch of blabbermouths they are - it's the only chance they have of keeping it a secret.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Elwood, your signature suggests that you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that we don't want it to end up like "one person from our team is seriously injured, and someone will die", and it turns out being the Cop of the Week. :lol: (I know I equate everything, ever, to Criminal Minds, but it fits so nicely into this situation...)

Godfather? Really? We need one? *sigh* I'd like it to be Flack just for the fun of it, but considering who was at the "wedding", I'd have to say that it's going to be Mac...

I would guess that TPTB told the person that it's going to be. Although it doesn't necessarily rule out AJ, because he could always be lying to keep up the "No one knows" front... Not that I want it to be him, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.