CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I'll be very surprised if the producers can keep it a secret until the finale, I've never known of a bigger bunch of blabbermouths in any other shows / movies. They are like 5 yr olds who clipe about everything they see or hear.

2. electra

electra Pathologist

Probably even Lindsay's death would get some angry emails to CBS but at the end ,since she is not that relevant to the show,it will be forgotten.If CSI LV can survive without Grissom,New york would be more then fine without Lindsay.If they make Angell a regular afterwards,I would forever be grateful to TPTB.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If they got rid of Lindsay and made Angell a series reg, it would be awesome. Not quite as awesome as m-preg, but awesome nonetheless.

Speaking of m-preg...

Well, maybe if Danny hadn't gotten Mootana knocked up and dragged her down the aisle, he might get some more attention. :shifty:

Psh - Lindsay would be such a shrew if Adam got knocked up by Danny too. :eek: I would never wish that on poor, sweet Adam. (Danny/Adam would be hawt, though. :devil:)

Danny has been a bad, stupid boy lately - his punishment is to watch Flack and Hawkes fight over Adam and ignore him completely. If he cries in the corner, I might have pity on him, though. :p

Back to the spoilers...

I dunno about spoilers, but we did have that scene in a previous episode (I can't remember which episode it was) where Danny asked Stella if she was going to break the rules or whatever. I don't think we got anything after that to show that Danny was involved in what she did.

I agree - this show is bad about dropping the ball on good possibilities for character interaction. They claim to be more character-driven, but they let stuff fall to the wayside unless it involves who is hooking up with whom (with a few exceptions, which usually involve Mac or Stella and one of the underlings).

The spoilers for 5.22 "Yahrzeit" indicate that Danny will get in trouble with IAB over the Elgers guy from 5.17 (the neo-nazi guy).

I saw that a few minutes ago - I can't really see a character from CSI:NY killing himself/herself, honestly. If Danny or Lindsay died and/or they lost their kid, I could see it being hard on the other (or both) - but even then, I can't see suicide being on the table.

It probably makes much more sense for a different show.

4. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Yeah, it's sad. :(
    There's so much potential with the characters, and they just blow it off in favor of the Dantana mess (or whatever Lindsay fans call it). For example, we still don't know much about Sheldon. Sid had maybe a couple of episodes that developed his character (like the last episode). And so on and so forth. It's really disappointing. :(

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Awesomely bad, IMO.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

If it's one of the CSIs who dies, I'd think a new character would have to be brought in to be a CSI, since that would only leave the team with four. Or maybe Adam will suddenly have a desire to become a CSI? I kinda hope not, because he's so great in the lab, but some of his development--the way he helped the boy confess, his rescue of the man from the wreckage of the house--suggests that maybe he's ready for a change?

Much as I like Angell and would love to see her as a reg, I think history on the other CSI shows proves there's not really room for two regular detectives. Sophia and Yelina were both kind of the odd-women out on their respective CSI shows, and both eventually got written out as regulars. I suppose that could be another argument for Angell being the one to go, although it's kind of a weird little nebulous area: you can't just have one detective--Flack might be something of a superhero type (especially when Danny is in danger :lol: ) but he can't be everywhere all at once!

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Adam's been getting some good stuff outside the labs this season, but Sid's also had some too. I like that Adam's getting field time, I think it's a way to let us see more of him onscreen, but I hope he's not bumped from the labs to become a CSI. What I like in seeing him out in the field is precisely that he's not a CSI or a cop. He's the cute, fuzzy, brainy, everyman, encountering the same situations as the CSI's without their experience and saavy, and let's us do the same, or at least see it from a different side. I think Adam's unique take on things would be lessened by pushing him out in a more official capacity. I like Greg on Vagas but wasn't initially a fan of him trying to be a CSI. It's worked out well there because they've now managed to build a whole little army of fun, quirky techs to draw upon. Right now I'd kinda prefer Adam remain as is, while still being stretched against good material like that, and a new CSI character added to inject a different kind of life into the show in a way that doesn't change who the core group is too much.

I didn't mind Hawkes applying to be a CSI and leaving the ME's office. I'm glad Sheldon's out in the field now, because we have Sid :D, and because every now and then we get glimmers of the kinds of stories Hawkes could really shine in. I'd be hugely disappointed if Sheldon turns out to be the one to go. More Hawkes, not less.

I think they've got a good thing going with Angell as a recurring character. She's a good balance to have when they need more than one, but isn't required in every eppie. Certainly the whole Greek storyline wouldn't have been possible without her as they've written it, and it's fun to have a strong secondary female character in the mix. There's potential, if TPTB don't overstep and screw it up, to have her equally nebulous relationship with Flack add a little extra dimension to both of them too.

I still think it would be a cheap way out of the hype to kill Angell off, and I hope it's not her because she does add to the show. Having her there adds possibilities and enables storylines, but as a recurring places no demands on how they're produced.

And yeah, even Flackman needs a little downtime (to spend with Danny or Angell, ...or even Danny and Angell. Whatever works I guess :lol:)

ETA:
    :guffaw: Thanks for that.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  8. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

Flack could be the one who gets killed. There has been a lot of talk about Angel becoming a series regular. Killing Flack and adding Angel would "forever change the CSI NY lineup." I hope this is not the case! Flack is the reason I watch the show.

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

They did use to throw in other detectives so it wasn't just Flack especially in the episodes with multiple cases although they only appeared in one to three episodes. (Det. Kaile Maka, Det. Scagnetti, Det. Thacker, Det. Vicaro)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I get what you're saying about a second regular detective not working out - it's true, especially considering that they rarely do two case episodes anymore (I never thought I'd miss them - a bit of variety would be nice).

But just in terms of character and acting ability, Angell > Lindsay IMO

(Plus, AJ is a series reg and doesn't appear in every episode, so that's something to consider.)

I wouldn't want to see Adam become a CSI - it wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing ever, but I'd prefer if they didn't put him in the field. I know the show is called 'CSI', but I don't think it's always a bonus when someone is 'elevated' to that position, so to speak.

Now, thinking about the make-up of the main and recurring cast as far as race and gender are concerned: If they kill Hawkes, there won't be a minority character in the main or recurring cast - which is a problem in itself, but I digress - so they'd probably have to bring in someone new regardless of whether they think Adam should be a CSI. If they were to kill off Lindsay or Stella, they'd only have one female in the main cast and one recurring female - so they'd probably have to bring in a new woman. If Adam died, they'd probably have to bring in a new lab tech even though Hawkes and Lindsay seem to be lab techs half of the time. If Danny died, they could probably get away with not replacing him. (In season one, they had Mac, Stella, Danny and Aiden - they have shown they can do it with just four CSIs, and that was back when every episode had an A and a B-case. Plus, having one less CSI would theoretically leave more screentime for the rest of them.) If Mac died, Stella would presumably take over, and they could still manage without adding someone new (again, four CSIs, and as with Danny, they'd be taking out a white man - while it sounds harsh, I'm just trying to think logically here). If they killed Angell, they could easily bring in a new recurring female detective (or multiple recurring detectives, the way they used to do - a nice opportunity for diversity). If they killed Flack, they could make Angell a series reg in his place (replacing a white guy with a woman) - but killing Flack would just be a crime.

Ultimately, they'll probably bring in someone new regardless of who kicks the bucket because they think that's a quick and easy way to 'freshen up' the show (without having to deal with any existing or continuing problems or weak spots, but I digress) - and season 6 will be another rookie season for someone who then has to dig through the poo and go dumpster diving and complain about being the newbie. *sigh*

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

In season 1 there was only 4 CSI - Mac, Stella, Danny and Aiden and I think that it worked perfectly. They all received a good level of screen time and development. Now, with 5 CSI I think the writers are unsure of how to make sure they all get screentime - Hawkes and Lindsay are underused and underdeveloped IMO. I think Hawkes and Lindsay are the most likely candidates for going, losing one would give the writers a chance to explore the other more.

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The thing is though on the other shows there are five... so it would make sense that there would be five CSIs on NY as well. And right now they have the 3 guys/2 girls thing going on with all the CSIs.

13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I see what you mean, just if they bring someone new in then will be have to spend alot of time establishing the new character and poor Hawkes (assuming it's not him who is going, although I think it may well be) will be left on the shelf again.

14. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

If Mac and Stella are in Greece in the penultimate episode, is it possible that they may not be back in New York yet, 10 minutes into the finale. If this means Danny is still holding the fort, then he will take on all the blame, and obviously the melodrama, if it is anyone but him who bites the dust.

15. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Oh yes, I haven´t thought of Stella and Mac being still in Greece. So Danny could be in charge, make a wrong decision which leads to the death of one of them. Or at least he feels responsible for it.
    But I´m wonder how they will handle it, when the ´member of the family´dies within the ten minutes of the finale.
    In the last season finales, at least one team member was in danger till the episode´s end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.