CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Please, please let the childbirth be short! :( I was extremely relieved to see the wedding didn't take long and I don't wanna see Montana Jr. becoming the main focus of the whole episode. Yeah, she's the first CSI baby and Horatio will send her tiny pink shades from Miami, but do we really to see the whole birth process? Seeing the CSI family around the happy parents is already bad enough *buys bigger bucket just in case*

2. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Haha, it would be hilarious if Horatio did send down some pink shades. That might end up happening seeing as how corny it might end up---but it might turn out alright. I'm not passing judgement....just yet.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

It'd be cute if it didn't look so obviously staged. "Oh, look!" Everyone showed up to pay tribute to the Antichrist, er, see the baby! Every knee to her shall bow, er, I mean, isn't she cute? And they all came together in the big, pink lab minivan. And they're artfully arranged, so that everyone is visible."

It would also be better if Danny didn't look like he was sitting for a session at the Olan Mills portrait studio after going on a Diazepam bender.

I do think it's sweet that Uncle Don brought a present. Baby's first pepper spray. Awwww!

Cute or not, this show has strayed so far afield from its original premise that is unrecognizable and certainly doesn't deserve its charter as a CSI show. It's deep into Grey's Anatomy territory and has shown little interest in crime-solving the past two seasons. Hawkes had faded so far into the background as to teeter on the brink of utter irrelevance, and Adam and Sid veer between invisible and excessively prominent. Flack, who had a promising, family-related storyline early on, has disappeared the last few episodes, though by all rights, he should return to prominence by 525-6. Should being the operative word, no doubt, as Dunbrook's threat to Mac in "PPM" set the finale up to be all about Mac and his unbecoming and bewildering vendetta against Dunbrook, whose only crime to this point has been to be a sleazy, self-aggrandizing publisher who makes more money than noble Mac. Flack's anguish will be shunted to one three-minute scene, and then it will be back to Macness as usual. Yay.

Don 't even get me started on Lenkov's tortured spin on Danny's ever-changing family background. His immediate family is connected to the crime world, but his extended family is in law enforcement? What is this, a Poison song?

Your Daddy sells crack, but your Mama's on foot patrol.

Maybe it's different in Lenkov's world, but in mine, extended family doesn't have much influence on your daily life. They're the gawky third cousins and pot-bellied uncles you see once a year at the family reunion. They're "family" insofar as they share your genetic tree, but there isn't a deep psychological bond that would influence the experiences that ultimately inform your future choices. They're the poor sods who choose the most inconvenient time in the world to die, and you spend most of the funeral and wake trying to remember if Uncle Bob was the one that got caught with that goat in '86. Or maybe that was Uncle Pete.

As such, it's incredibly cheap and lazy to dress that up as "coming from a family of cops" for the purposes of a single episode. That's manufacturing emotional resonance, and doing it badly, I might add. Someone else should've said those lines. Angell, maybe. It would've given her depth and added a natural emotional resonance to the finale. But the PTB were determined to play with their Danny woobie and have Lindsay stand by her man by whining down Hawkes, and so they did a shitty--and probably temporary--retcon to accommodate what sounded good at the time. And when the fans who watch with more than the gooey eye of their panty cyclops pointed out the shoddy workmanship, they seized on the extended family excuse, spackle on a crater.

I don't want Flack to die, but I almost wish the events of the season finale would cause him to quit and run a bistro in Queens so I wouldn't be compelled to keep watching.

4. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

Does anyone know if they are planning on changing Lindsay's name to Messer? I know, I know! Such a small little thing, but just in the back of my mind.

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Anyone see what Ausiello has posted about the finale? UGH! Lemme guess, the one in trouble at the end of the ep is....Mac. It's not posted who is in trouble, but c'mon,the formula is so....formulated. :brickwall: We all know Big Mac gets in trouble, the team will bite their nails and turn the city upside-down, and at the end of the 1st ep next season, they will all gether together for a group hug. All together now, say "Awww, how sweet" :rolleyes:

6. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

:lol: My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping it won't be the usual case but I'm not holding my breath either.

Haven't they learned by now that having Mac in danger is about the most anticlimactic thing they can do?! He's obviously going to be fine!!

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I think that depends on the family - when my dad was born his mother's family lived on the same street - they had a bunch of farms in a row so they saw each other all the time not just for Thanksgiving & Christmas. Some families are more spread out over the country so they see each other less, but it's possible that Danny's uncles & cousins also live in New York City so he saw them a lot growing up and was close to them - we really don't know. Although I recall he stated that he had an uncle in construction.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

You never know. My money's on Danny this time. :) Surely it can't always be Mac? :lol: Then again...

9. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Yeah but Danny's Italian. :lol:

My family is a massive mix of Irish/Italian and we're all still super close and I would definitely say that my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc do have an impact on my life.

From Elsie:

I have to admit I also think Danny could be a possibility. It would definitely add to the drama since he's a new dad and all. Just as long as he comes out ok I'm happy with it. :)

10. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

The baby pics are cute:):)
    I like them I cant wait to see the episode:)

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

My moneys on Flack because of what will happen to Angel in the beginning. He might end up being "A man on a mission". Besides there has been "To much" Danny this season.

12. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

I'm hoping that its not Mac again. Unless they have found supermac's kryponite, and put in him the most lifethreating situation. My thoughts are that they might be hinting at someone else with all the different projects going on. Danny is getting in trouble because of the neo-nazi guy, Stella and Angell are going all covert ops, Mac's after Dunbrook, Flack is going to be upset about jess dying. There are a couple of candiates for the "I'm in trouble" award.

I'm a die hard fan here, but if they make mac in trouble again... I'll be seriously upset until season 6. :shifty: In my opinion (sorry if you don't agree) Hostage/ Veritas was boring and didn't really do anything for me. I'd hope we get a good cliffhanger, even if it means that I'll moan and groan for months. :lol:

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

BTW, Ausiello's stuff came from a press release (which I snagged from the Futon Critic). Here's the text in case anybody hasn't seen it:

I think Dunbrook's involvement pretty much confirms that the finale will be all about the almighty Mac and not so much about Flack. Not surprising, but nonetheless...:rolleyes:

I think seeing Flack get a bit reckless after Angell dies could be interesting - I guess we'll see how it goes. Lenkov did say the death will be felt next season, so hopefully this means they aren't going to forget about it once the new season starts.

I really hope not because I can see that being sooo tacky and overused for 'laughs'. Someone walking in and going, 'Detective Messer' and they both say 'yes' and then everybody laughs - or they go to a crime scene together and one of them is like, 'I'm Detective Messer and this is Detective Messer' and everybody laughs - or there is some sort of mix-up about which 'Detective Messer' something is intended for, and everybody laughs.

:brickwall:

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to think that its Mac getting in trouble at the end but going by what happens and Angell I can't help but think it could put Flack in danger as he was closest but then again what a finale without a bit of Mac danger and big egos.

I wanted to think Danny but i just don't think it will be would be to cliche if thats the right word all perfect then all wrong it sounds way to familiar.

The photos are totally what i expected tho from the baby ep, its far to predictable.

15. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Fay, it was the mention of Dunbrook that got me thinking Mac.
    Of course, Lori, I never even thought about Flack for that reason.

But, please, I beg you TPTB, NOT DANNY. I don't know if I could handle an emotional Lindsay who is also hormonal from just giving birth. Please, spare us the agony.

'Nuff said.

PS, Fay, I hope TPTB don't catch wind of your jokes about Det. Messer and Det. Messer. That would be so rotten to have to put up with. Cause you know, they won't let it go once they start. *Sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.