CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

GAHHHHHHH!!!! Being a producer doesn't report enough money to compensate "freeze proposal"????? :(

I would be scarier for Melina because her contract will be up at the end of S6 so negociations must start at some point of this year, who knows? :( I only can say if she leaves i leave. I can't stand the idea of losing Stella in the show [​IMG] And what Mac would do without her? [​IMG] They complement each other, they are like yin and yang!The show can't allow to loose anyone like them [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Woah! There!!! More people to go because of this salary thingy...?

I'm with Debbie, on that. If Melina's the one who leaves, i'll leave as well. No point of watching the show anymore.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

my dear gaby, we only can trust Melina as well as Gary accept the freeze proposal.If they don't i am done with CSI NY [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

As I said in another thread, I´m sure it´s all a matter of budget cuts and I imagine the producers still haven´t decided yet, whether or not they´ll let the character who got hit by the bullets survive. Maybe it depends on how economic things develop over the summer. On the other hand it would be insulting for the actor/actress to be kept in limbo about whether or not they still will have a job in a few months.

@Sonne: Hallo, Landsfrau/mann (?), schau mal bei youtube, da findest du fast alle Folgen von S5 ;)

5. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Don't really see him as the type to pull something like that.

Dont think we need to worry about Gary leaving...:)

National Ledger article found by Udonna over on the Mac thread.

No End In Sight For 'CSI: NY' As Far As Gary Sinise Is Concerned

By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith
    May 20, 2009
    With his "CSI: New York" having ended its fifth season with a bang -- make that a crash, as in a truck plowing into a restaurant window -- last week, Gary Sinise is already looking forward to the start of Season 6 production in July. "It'll be interesting to see what the writers do now," he says, adding that after five years, there's no end in sight for the series as far as he is concerned.
    http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/uploads/gary_sinise__melina_kanakaredes.jpg

Gary Sinise and Melina Kanakaredes The 'CSI: New York' 100th show party (Image: WENN)

"I'm feeling very good about it. I love doing the show and we have a great team of writers. I'm involved in so many types of things -- the USO, base trips during the year -- I especially appreciate the security of having a steady job. As an actor it gives me the opportunity to do other things. Most actors have to look for a job constantly. I'm talking about qualified, very good actors."

Sinise says he's looking forward to some down time now, but will hardly be idle during hiatus. Among other things, he reports that his Lt. Dan Band is "going to do seven or eight shows in Korea and Okinawa in June."

Doesn't look like he's thinking of leaving. :D Didn't think he would because of the wage thing. Doesn't strike me as the type.

We may or may not loose a member of the cast..(I think not to be honest) in the first ep of the new season, but things change, actors get bored playing the same character, especially if the writers don't keep things interesting. Any one of them might leave at some point if something came up that they wanted to do more. Long term contract or not. But we will have to wait and see. :)

EDIT: Changed the picture to a URL. Please remember that posting images from a site you don't own is hotlinking! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
  6. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

What a relieve. Fiuh!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
  7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

^^ just cos Gary isn't thinking of leaving that doesn't mean he will accept a pay freeze. He may still want his rise and someone else might get cut to help pay for it. Although I would hope that Gary wouldn't see someone else out of job just so he can have a pay increase.

8. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

As I see it the article by Ausellio was just a comment (and we know how accurate he can be..:)) I dont really see Gary as the type to force some one out to get his rise. And the article by Emmanuelle doesnt give that impression either.

I think the quote and comment from ausellio is just to creat more buzz. I.e. to try and hint that someone could be going. We will be running rings round each other until the new season trying to figure out who gets hurt.

And I think it will turn out someone will be injured but no one will bite the dust. Although I had heard that AJ had filmed a pilot for a show.

So someone may leave for other reasons.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

In the E.V. interview, she said "one of the executive producer called me, and Gary Sinise didn't know yet he is not going to be happy"...
    I suppose that means G.S. care about all the crew I don't really see him as a selfish personn trying to get someone out of his job to get more money but maybe I'm wrong I hope not

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Just quoting this so the message about hotlinking gets read. Please be careful not to post images from a site you don't own or have an account at (ie, photobucket). Thanks!

Interesting, but I don't see Gary letting one of the cast members go if he has a say in it. I imagine he'll take the salary freeze.

But Anna Belknap's salary is a complete waste of money for them. ;) It's too bad trimming the fat rarely results in the people who deserve to go actually going.

11. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I Agree about Gary taking the salary freez, because now a days with the economy I think the cast members who still have a job are very happy about still having a job and I dont think they would risk is right now.

I think with them saying that we might lose another member of the team is just to get people watch the opening of season 6 so they can get good ratings(I hope).

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I opened a new discussion thread here - we probably won't have much to talk about for the next few months, but the thread will be there if we need it. (And yes, the thread title kind of sucks. I couldn't think of what to call it. :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.