CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Status
Not open for further replies.
owlki said:
I love CSI:NY and I don't mind DL that much (although I think Danny deserves someone much better than Lindsay) but it really bothers me that their relationship is Danny's main development in season four, according to that promo... and why on earth is Danny wearing that outfit? He went from wearing tie on 'MIA/NYC Nonstop' to that?!

I know. I hardly object to Danny being slutted up now and then--those tank tops are hot ;) --but for promo pics? He's not even wearing his glasses. I think, as charming as Carmine is, they still need to differentiate between the actor and the character.

Ok, this is random, but bear with me.

Zuiker made the comment about bad things coming in threes, and I noticed that there are three small groups within the promo picture (where the people are turned toward each other)--Danny and Lindsay, Mac and Stella, and Flack and Hawkes. So maybe each of these groups is representing something from the season?

Mac and Stella's makes sense since, like Zuiker said: "For example, Stella [Melina Kanakaredes] is holding an iPhone while Mac [Gary Sinise] opts to lower his New York Times. Indeed, a sign of the times in terms of technology. Paper versus wireless." And technology, we know, will be playing a big role in at least one episode this season: "Down the Rabbit Hole", the episode with Second Life.

So that makes me wonder about the little tableau with Flack and Hawkes. Flack has a gun, and it looks like Hawkes might be shining a flashlight on it. So maybe theirs represents an internal investigation for a bad shoot or something. There's no basis for this in the spoilers, but you never know. ;)

For Danny and Lindsay...maybe one of them chokes on a sandwich. *shrug*

But anyway, yeah, I just thought about that and wanted to share. :lol:

^Oh dear Fay, have you been staying up all night on YouTube watching gay videos? :p :lol:

LOL but part of your theory does make sense. We'll just have to wait and see for it to make sense tho. :rolleyes:

I wasn't taking about romantic groups, silly. *smacks you upside the head*

We should talk about the symbolism for each character in the promo, by the way (at least the ones we can tell what they have. :lol:)

Adam has a laptop--that goes with the comments about him being the go-to guy with the computer forensics knowledge, like they said in that futon critic thing. It also hints at his knowledge of computers for "Down the Rabbit Hole", where he helps Mac with Second Life.

Thoughts on anybody else?

(Oh, and a random note about the way they're dressed--isn't Lindsay in a skirt? I doubt she'll be wearing a skirt to work. So I think it's safe to say that the promo isn't necessarily meant to be them in work clothes. Unless we're supposed to assume that Danny and Lindsay look non-work-ready because they won't be working--instead, they will lock themselves in Danny's apartment and live on the pool table to prove their tru luff for each other. [/sarcasm])

Faylinn said:
Ok, this is random, but bear with me.

Zuiker made the comment about bad things coming in threes, and I noticed that there are three small groups within the promo picture (where the people are turned toward each other)--Danny and Lindsay, Mac and Stella, and Flack and Hawkes. So maybe each of these groups is representing something from the season?

Mac and Stella's makes sense since, like Zuiker said: "For example, Stella [Melina Kanakaredes] is holding an iPhone while Mac [Gary Sinise] opts to lower his New York Times. Indeed, a sign of the times in terms of technology. Paper versus wireless." And technology, we know, will be playing a big role in at least one episode this season: "Down the Rabbit Hole", the episode with Second Life.

So that makes me wonder about the little tableau with Flack and Hawkes. Flack has a gun, and it looks like Hawkes might be shining a flashlight on it. So maybe theirs represents an internal investigation for a bad shoot or something. There's no basis for this in the spoilers, but you never know. ;)

For Danny and Lindsay...maybe one of them chokes on a sandwich. *shrug*

But anyway, yeah, I just thought about that and wanted to share. :lol:

It looks like the gun is sitting on top of a piece of paper. The gun could represent the fact that Flack is homicide detective. The flashlight could represent the fact that Hawkes is a CSI detective. Maybe there is a conflict between homicide detectives and CSI's like when Mac and Flack had a conflict over the bad cop.

Oh Lord, I feel as though I'm gonna choke on the soapy bubbles that Zuiker's blowing relentlessly our way. You'd think that as this is (hold on, let me remember to way back season 1) a, wait for it, crime drama he'd focus on just that to pull in his audience, not the D/L fluffy wuffiness.

As for the outfits, most look to be in character, apart from the usual suspects of Danny and Lindsay. Danny looks as though he's about to audition for Stud Muffin Cops go Wild or something of the like, whilst I think Lindsay looks like she's trying to pull off the demure wiccle girlfwend, aren't I cute stance.

All in all with that photo and Zuikers comments I'm just left with a nauseated feeling regarding the D/L stupidity. Just how did it come to this??

Just how did it come to this??
Well, Dr Phil, it all started when Vanessa left the show. Things went downhill from there.

Can't Adam develop a random arm jerk and knock Lindsay off? Unfortunately, she might take Danny with her since her toes are all tangled up in his jeans and whatnot. Maybe the fall will knock some sense back into him.

Curse you, Zuiker, curse yooou!*
icon_shakefist.gif

Is it bad that I'm at the point where I'm almost like, "Screw Danny, he doesn't have anything going for him either"?

*Don't get your granny-panties in a twist, I'm not poking a Zuiker voodoo doll with a pin or anything.......I don't have any hair to make one with. *whistles innocently*

Ugh.

As much as I love the picture and the "Lunch on a skyscraper" idea that inspired it (in fact, I'd -love- to see a bigger version of it) I wanted to bang my head against the wall when AZ was talking about the "perfect heart". :mad:

It's definitely cool that they included Adam and Sid but there must be a problem if I'm focusing on them instead of Danny (no offense, I love those guys too), who's supposed to be my favourite character. :eek:

I'm holding onto Carmine's words like my life depends on it. Please, please, PLEASE give him his balls back and let him have a storyline that doesn NOT involve Lindsay!

I'm really curious about the gun, the paper and the flashlight. Maybe it will be some sort of internal investigation? I gotta say, I love the slightly contentious friendship between Flack and Hawkes--I'd love to see more of that in the upcoming season.

And I hope one of the three "bad things" turns out to be Danny and Lindsay's so-called "love." :lol:

Orison said:
Ugh.

As much as I love the picture and the "Lunch on a skyscraper" idea that inspired it (in fact, I'd -love- to see a bigger version of it) I wanted to bang my head against the wall when AZ was talking about the "perfect heart". :mad:

It made me want to vomit, and when I saw the picture I baulked :( And what made it even worse for me, was that Scrunch Monroe looks like Victoria Beckham (bearing in the mind the photo is very small) Can it get any worse?!!!!

Yes, great, and I hope it continues, I love D/L, I'm sorry for all of you who don't, I find them a great couple, and if you go on cbs.com in their forum of ny csi, all of them agree. Thumbs up for the couple. And the petition that was going around there were over 1000 signatures for them to continue to be a couple, and I think that helped the producer to keep them together. I of course signed it.

Well personally as someone who watched the show from ep one I dont like it, this is a crime show not a soap. If I wanted to watch two people drool over each other I would watch some of the really bad reality shows on TV. What I want from NY is decent scripts and crime drama. Not people making cow eyes at each other and having sex on pool tables. :D

I will really hate CSI: NY if they turn a great dramatic character like Danny into the stereotypical boy toy for girls to droll over. Whatever happened to season 1 Danny?? The one that didn’t do things by the book, where the Danny from Crime and Misdemeanor, On The Job? The one that fought with Mac didn’t just bowed down to his ever command. I fear though that we will never get that Danny back because ratings weren’t as good for the show during season one and ever since they have “lighten” the show the ratings have gotten better and better, so I fear they think making Danny the guy to does nothing but say funny lines, make out with Lindsay and take his shirt off is what we all like form his character and (at least for me) that could not be further from the truth. Not that I completely mind a shirtless Danny or Flack on the show ever once and a while. You need a little eye candy.

Also how can Danny not be wearing his glasses?? I know there are the occasional scene when their outside or something and Carmine wears his contacts instead, but for a promo pic the character should be dress the way they will dress for the season. They would never have Mac in a promo pic wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Nadcus said:
and if you go on cbs.com in their forum of ny csi, all of them agree.

I've been to cbs.com's forum and found almost no sign of intelligent life. I much prefer a board where there is discussion as opposed to everyone going something along the lines of, "SQUEEEE!!!1! DANNY AND LINDSAY ARE TOTALLY IN LOVE AND SOUL MATES! THEY'RE SO GONNA GET MARRIED AND HAVE LOTS OF ADORABLE BABIES!!!1!!"

It's also been pointed out numerous times that telling the posters here that other boards love the relationship will not make us all smack our heads and say, "Now I get it! Danny and Lindsay are the best TV couple ever and I love them too." If two seasons of watching the show didn't convince us, reading other boards won't.

And the petition that was going around there were over 1000 signatures for them to continue to be a couple, and I think that helped the producer to keep them together. I of course signed it.

Sigh . . . :rolleyes: Lenkov himself said that fans don't control the direction of the show. That petition did NOTHING but make insecure fans somehow feel in control and superior. Guess what, no one else gives a shit about the damn petition. I glanced at it once and in the first two pages saw multiple people who signed it multiple times, so even if people did give a shit, all credibility is shot because the number of the "D/L Army" has been misrepresented.

People are entitiled to absoultely adore the D/L pairing, but a lot of fans need to get over themselves and realize it's a damn TV show, Danny and Lindsay are not real and they don't influence the direction of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back