CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfectAnomaly said:
People are entitiled to absoultely adore the D/L pairing, but a lot of fans need to get over themselves and realize it's a damn TV show, Danny and Lindsay are not real and they don't influence the direction of the show.

Correct PerfectAnomaly. Maybe you should think about that too. :D

Have you guys seen the new commercial for csi:ny? It's interesting with Big Ben. Is that the third wheel? But why is it then in the background; isn't London important anymore?

Thanks to Elsie for posting the larger b/w photo. Had a quick look (very quick because I don't want to be throwing up all afternoon!) and I don't personally like how Danny has been 'dressed'. To me this is more Carmine Giovinazzo not Danny Messer (though there is nothing wrong with Mr G apart from the occasional fashion 'faux pas' :lol:) Both he and Scrunch Monroe look totally out of character and both look totally out of place, especially compared to the rest of the characters (and this is not referring to what some might translate as it signifying 'the 2 r 1' shite). I don't think that I'm digging too deeply to draw the conclusion that this photo 'signifies' CSI:NY is in no way going to get that old grittiness back :( in Season 4. But then, I think that I'll forget that I have ever seen this photo, and give the show 1 last chance.

Kimmychu said:
If that's an apple ... I have a theory about it.

Think Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Think of what Eve did with the forbidden fruit, and most of all, think of what that cost the two of them.

Interesting too, that the apple's hidden behind Lindsay, but Adam knows it's there.
I have a ver similar theory about that. I din't knew this thread was talking about it, so I posted it in the picture thread. Basically is that Lindsay may betray Danny and Danny don't notice, so that's why his glasses are on his chest instead his face.

So kimmychu all people that do like d/l are nuts about 80% of the ny csi are nuts if 80% of them quit watching ny csi it gets canceled do not ever forget that, and I hate being insulted. And the petition is not crap, on charmed that petition saved a character figure, and I know that the writers go on the petition to see things. Thanks for insulted me, but I still love Danny and Lindsay.

80%? That's an interesting statistic. Where did you get it? And no, the warm, dark cavern nested between your vertical smile doesn't count as a valid source.

I'm sorry you feel insulted, but the cry of "Majority rules, nyah!" only counts in a republican democracy, not TVland. TVland is a feudal society controlled by overlords who bear a striking resemblance to BVD Man in "Bad Beat." D/L will be in favor until they get tired of it, and that's that.

As for the promo pic, I hope they don't go for the "Flack gets dirty to protect someone he loves" gambit or the "Lindsay cheats on Danny, OMG" ploy. It'd be nice if *some* of the characters retained their integrity, and I really don't care for Danny Messer 2.0, now with fewer nuts.

Dude? I didn't say a thing about all D/L fans being nuts. You said that yourself right there. I must say it's interesting you assumed I was talking about every D/L fan around. Do you really believe that you represent all of them? I sure as hell hope not, because the way you're going, you're not giving them a good name. And I know there are actually D/L fans who are just fine people. It's just the unfortunate truth that a few bad eggs can make an entire basket seem bad too.

And your inference of '80% of CSI:NY fans being D/L fans'? Where did you get those stats from, may I ask? I'd really like to see the proof for that. Or is that something you just pulled right out of your head?

As for the petition, I said all online petitions are useless, not just a certain one you hold with such extreme esteem. I would like to see the proof of that petition for Charmed too, if you don't mind.

You wanna throw statistics at me, you had better show the evidence to back it up or you're just making yourself look rather foolish.

If 80% of the people who post over at cbs.com stopped watching the show, either a: the earth's core would stop turning and we'd all get roasted to death by microwaves, or b: the show would go on and we'd get a lot more intelligent discussion on boards like the ones you've referenced.

Are you going to continue to pull statistics out of the air, or are you going to back them up with fact... and complete, coherent sentences?

Wow that’s ridiculous. 80% of the viewers love D/L! You certainly can prove that or can’t you? You said your glorious petition was signed by what, around thousand people? Considering that there weren’t people who signed more than once, that would be maybe 0,01% of the average number of viewers (in the US).
And as Kimmychu pointed out, do you really think that you can speak for every D/L fan out there. And they would all quit watching the show, if this disaster of a relationship should end… well, that’s rather sad…
I still think that this petition to ‘support’ a ship is kind of a funny idea. If you are so convinced that everyone (outside of this board) loves D/L, and the writers love D/L, and Zuiker loves D/L, hell why would you need a petition in the first place? :rolleyes:

I know my grammar is bad too, but I tried to write complete sentences… :p

All this talk about petitions, and percentages is hurting my head. Are there any spoilers (new or old) we could be talking about instead..?

I haven't been in here in a while, any word on whether there's a possible Louie return..? Or what's happening with Peyton, I can't remember if she's coming back or not.

SvartaBaskern said:
PerfectAnomaly said:
People are entitiled to absoultely adore the D/L pairing, but a lot of fans need to get over themselves and realize it's a damn TV show, Danny and Lindsay are not real and they don't influence the direction of the show.

Correct PerfectAnomaly. Maybe you should think about that too. :D

Um . . . huh?

I love all the speculation, there are a lot of great theories. I hope TPTB can come up with at least somewhat satisfying results.

ETA: In re: to Danny, I'm definitely on board with the way he's dressed, the hat, the cigarette, the glasses (in the RSRD flashback scene he wasn't wearing glasses) all being a hint that Louie and his past will be addressed.

Could his wardrobe not fitting with the rest of the team also mean his past/Louie will cause more problems with the lab and his job? He and Mac have their backs to each other. I know it's probably just because of the "things happen in threes," but could it also be that there's more Danny/Mac tension coming?

Could it be that I'm way too obsessed and read way too much into things? :rolleyes: :lol:

SB said:
Have you guys seen the new commercial for csi:ny? It's interesting with Big Ben. Is that the third wheel? But why is it then in the background; isn't London important anymore?
I posted this in the 'picture thread' too, but I think 'Big Ben''s silhoutte (in a New York skyline) is a hint that something about the 333 thing is connected either to Peyton or to Mac's stay in London.

Kimmychu said:
If that's an apple ... I have a theory about it.

Think Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Think of what Eve did with the forbidden fruit, and most of all, think of what that cost the two of them.
Wow! I'm not the only one; when I first saw Lindsay in that pic I thought Anna looked more as her MI Eva Rossi character than as Lindsay Monroe...so I thought that was pretty funny because I saw Adam, Eva and an apple and was wondering who'd be the snake...

I love the D/L pairing and I really hope that this is just my imagination running wild and that it's not a sign that Lindsay's going to do something 'forbidden'.

Let's drop the "like D/L" vs. "dislike D/L" mudslinging going on in here. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion on the ship whether they like it or not. What is not okay is attacking other people personally. Nadcus, if you come in here just to fling mud again, you'll receive a formal warning. Either discuss the show, or find another place to post.

On topic...cool that we've got a bigger shot of the cast pic now! Flack looks nervous--and why does he have a piece of paper/paper towel? Is he wiping the gun down??? Interesting. And why is Hawkes shining his flashlight down on the gun/paper? Hmmm....

I don't think Adam is outside the group because he's turned away from them. Both he and Sid are--I think it's a framing thing. He does seem, however, to be listening intently to whatever is being said between Danny and Lindsay.

Danny appears more interested in the sandwich than Lindsay. :lol:

Whose skull is Sid looking at???

I don't think the apple placement is incidental...hmmm....

Am I the only one who actually likes Lindsey and Danny? I feel pretty lonely here.

The new season looks great by the way. Love the promo picture of them sat on the beam.

faith666 said:
Am I the only one who actually likes Lindsey and Danny? I feel pretty lonely here.

The new season looks great by the way. Love the promo picture of them sat on the beam.

There are people who like D/L. But then there are people who are actually opposed to it as well. It's split half and half.

As for the spoilers -- I'm hoping we get some new episode details this week! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back