CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Not necessarily--Adam had a pretty big role in "Snow Day" and Sid factored prominently in "The Ride In."

It could very well be a mistake, but it could also be that AJ's promotion was to recurring and not series regular. As a recurring reg, he would still be in every episode, just not getting top billing. Wasn't that how Eric Szmanda's promotion worked in CSI? He was a recurring reg after season one, but when did he make the main credits.

Is Bess currently slated to be in any episodes other than the first thus far? My impression was she would be like Detective Angell, who shows up every now and then but isn't in every episode. I guess we'll see!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I haven't seen anything about Kendell other than the premiere, so I definitely wouldn't lump Bess Wohl in with Robert Joy and AJ Buckley.

Forgetting to move AJ to the series regular list makes sense since he's been listed as recurring for more than a season. Suddenly dropping Lindsay to recurring after she's been a series regular for two seasons, however, makes no logical sense at all.

It could be a mistake, nobody is doubting that, but it's a really f*cking interesting mistake.

3. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I think it's probably a mistake. Eddie and Hill are listed as in the main cast but they don't get major story lines and usually don't get as much screen time as the other main characters.

On the other hand, if we see this mistake listed for another episode, perhaps Anna has been dropped to recurring? Maybe she wants more time to spend with her new baby so stepping down to recurring would reduce her workload without her having to quit the show.

Guess this is going to be one of those "wait and see" things.

4. Top41

EDIT: ^Yeah, I thought about that, too. It's possible she decided to step down to recurring because of the baby. Not a choice many would make given that series reg positions are so hard to come by, but it's definitely possible.

The Futon Critic is currently also listing her as recurring on their main NY page:

Who is Stan Whitney??? :confused:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=csi_new_york

I checked the Miami cast and it seems to be accurate, but they don't appear to have a release up yet about their premiere.

5. Faylinn

Stan Whitney was the Marine that died in Mac's memory from "Charge of this Post". He's not actually a recurring character, but I think the actor is listed as having been in a number of episodes in different capacities.

6. Top41

Oh, interesting! Thanks for clearing that up--I'd totally forgotten him.

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Interesting development...Anna Belknap relegated to recurring character? Maybe it was just a typo...Or maybe she just wanted to spend time with her baby...Oh well...

8. Faylinn

I'm inclined to think that a change, if there is one, was her asking for more time with her family, at least temporarily. Hopefully, if Lindsay has a smaller role, we'll get to see more of our dear Doctor Hawkes. ;)

Meanwhile, as for the AJ situation--the announcement from the Hollywood Reporter that he would be a full-time cast member was made on August 15th. The interview with Peter Lenkov that was conducted about a week before stated that they were filming episode 4 at the time. So, maybe AJ wasn't technically a 'series regular' for the first few episodes of the season. Or maybe he's still going to be listed with Sid. Either way, Fay's happy. :p

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

And you got your info where?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but how do you know it's wrong?

Like Top said, AJ/Adam wasn't part of the main cast and he had a big roll in Snow Day. I don't think that how much screentime you get depends on if you're a main cast member or recurring. Look at poor Hawkes, he gets less time than anybody.

10. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Re Peyton, I hope they do bring her back. I love the softer side she brings out in Mac. I'm all for Pissy/BadCopMac, but I want to see more of the Mac we saw last season in eps like PWM, Silent Night etc. Oh, ok, I admit it, I want more Shirtless!Mac too.

11. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

It's strange that they've listed Anna as recurring, but on the other hand ever since she's back from her maternity leave she has had less screentime than before. So it could very well be that she has cut back her work hours to spend more time with her family.

But on the other hand didn't one of the interviews mention that they will focus more on Lindsay this season? Perhaps there'll be a few eps like "Boo!" and in the rest of the season she will just make an appearance in the lab or something...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

dutch_treat, this is what Lenkov said when asked if we would see more of Lindsay as an independent character this season:

It's interesting to me that they have her listed as a recurring character, as that seems quite positive. All I can imagine is that maybe it'll be more like last season, when she didn't really have that much screentime but still had some development and small storylines...

But with AJ, I think maybe he is a regular recurring character, exactly like Sid. So hopefully he'll be in the majority if not all of the episodes, just like Sid, but as he isn't a CSI, and the show is about CSI's, that is probably as much as we can expect.

13. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

Can i ask sth?

why is the character Aiden appearing on the recurring character list?hasnt she been killed off?im asking cause i have only watched CSI through youtube so i have missed some stuff....

14. Top41

^I think it's because the recurring characters are listed with former regulars, which is the category Aiden falls into.

Maybe the "more" in store for Lindsay is a reduced role. :lol:

15. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Maybe that's why now there is a new lab technician. Maybe she's there to cover the absence of another female charater in he main cast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.