CSI:NY Season 3 - U.K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.........TPTB are *The Powers That Be* as in writers, creators, directors, producers.... CBS execs. The people that really have a say in the show....

Hope that explains it for ya

nattybatty! Did I read that right you're making a Danny/Flack video?? Yay for you!!
You'll have to PM it to me when you're done with it!

So what did everyone think of tongihts episode????

Cheese has never been so sexy!! :lol:

Ok well i'm going to start with the bad. And to be honest there isn't much but i will say this, i am getting a little fed up with the "one-liners" the writers add, to make it light and amusing, especially to the characters who aren't that funny. I laugh more at Flack arresting someone because he doesn't like them, or Danny being totally confuzzled by a one-legged, female kung-fu expert. Reason, because they are more natural to the characters, plus Danny and Flack (as well as Adam - i defy anyone who tells me they haven't fallen for the adorable geekiness that is Adam) tend to be the amusement of the show, perhaps because the actors themselves are more adept at comedy acting? Just a thought.

Onto the good stuff. OK after having to suffer a crying Peyton and Lindsey last week i was glad to find they either featured very little or not at all. Sorry to anyone who likes them, its my own personal opinion and it really isn't meant to offend. I do find them both difficult to watch and to be honest i think this episode proved how little Lindsey is needed. She had two scenes, neither of which couldn't have been played by someone else.

Next, Danny you came back!! Where have you been? No seriously we've all been worried, thought someone had slipped you prozac and had you neutered!
Ok so perhaps he wasn't Danny of seasons 1 and 2 but i detected an inkling of the old Messer. That flirty, defensive, upbeat, confuzzled, smart mouthed Detective we all know and love!
Welcome back honey!! *brings out the banners, opens up the keg of beer, and sings for his a jolly good fellow* Just one more thing Danno, Where did you leave your horse?!?!?!

Flack, my main man, my totty that is the blue eyed Det. Where were you? well ok you had a few scenes, but you seemed a lil subdued, please don't tell me that prozac slipping, man neutering criminal has moved on to you?!?! :mad:
Ok so maybe he wasn't so bad, but apart from a few moments of Flacktasticness like locking up kids for the fun of it - hey i got a few round my way you can do that too, just lose the key! - and arresting someone because he didn't like them... he did little else. But hey he's had some good scenes in previous episodes and having read the spoilers for futures ones, i know he will have some great scenes to come.

Stella, you looked fabulous babes! Anyone else really liked the way she slipped her sunglasses on after watching Flack arrest that guy (taking tips from H?)? Didn't want him to know where your eyes were focused, huh Stel? I'm with you there!!

Over the past few episodes Mac has annoyed me with his sanctimonious self righteousness, but this week I liked him, he wasn't saddled with that piece of plastic that calls herself an actress and he was warm and compassionate (see TPTB can do it, they made a character warm and caring, while at the same time professional and hardnosed!!).

I like Hawkes and Danny together. They worked a lot of cases in Season 2 together and this episode seemed to hammer home that point, Danny inviting Hawkes to his Ma’s house to eat the real mozzarella, Its nice to know people socialize! Plus a carry on from last year, why does Danny tend to talk to Hawkes about his personal life in an alley, remember DWTF, Danny talking about a girlfriend who wanted him to go to a Bar mitzvah, now he is reminiscing about cheese! Hawkes is getting stronger and stronger as a CSI character and i love how he doesn't interfere with the ME’s but he gets so close and he watches their every move!

And to Sid, I have missed you! You brighten up many a scene and i was glad to have you back working on both cases no less, clearly your colleague was still swimming out of the emotional wreck that she was in last week.

Adam's character goes from strength to strength, due to Anna Belknap’s pregnancy i guess she had to take more time off, so we get more Adam time, and i am glad. I love watching him, AJ Buckley plays him so wonderfully, he is warm and geeky and kinda hot!

The stories themselves. I hate to say this but i found the Mac/Stella case a little embarrassing, i think unfortunately it just didn't have the dark side to it. You see i'm also a fan of L&O:SVU, a few years ago it had a very similar case (with Eddie Cahill playing the poor young man the couple use no less!) and it had a real violent under current to it. This CSI case was a woman who clearly just liked kinky sex and fell into the arms of the man she married and left based on the fact that she wanted to play the damsel in distress. Whilst i understand not everyone wants dark and violent stories on a staurday night. I felt little compassion for any of the players and to be honest it was all rather silly. The B case was a little better. I like the ending, and Hawkes and Danny did feel some pity for the guy, especially Hawkes i felt that he understood that that trolley was that guys life, all he had in the world (apart from a very well cared for dog :rolleyes:). Neither were strong cases and i didn't feel that Det. Angell added much either to be frank. They need to make her more hard edged if she is going to stand out, yes she is extremely pretty but she just doesn't do much.

Sorry for the long review. :p

Sammy I agree, I love that scene where Stella walks away putting on her glasses!!! But I also love that coat (Sorry I keep going on about this coat don't I, Oh well.)

I liked it that Mac and Stella were togeather again (forget about lindsay) I miss it when they aren't working together because they have great chemistry.

Like Sammy said Danny and Hawkes work well together but I think that Adam compltes that relationship, if you know what I mean. I thought the begining was funny when Danny was laughing at adam being cold!!! :lol:

Unlike last week I could actuly follow the cases.

Michelle you heard right I was makinhg a Danny/Don video but now its made, I hope you like it....
video link edited out--Top41

OK so here's my two pennies worth!!
I liked last nigts episode alot more than some of the previous ones.
Danny and Hawkes' case kept me intrigued. The Danny of old was trying to break through!! His comments and facial expression did make me laugh. The only thing is I wanna go to his ma's house not Hawkes.
The Mac and Stella case kinda lost my interest. Flack's slight scenes had me laughing but I agree he needed to be in the show more!
Hats off to the writers for the increase in screen time for Adam and Sid and the decrease of Lindsay!!
I enjoyed it!!

Nattybatty - I love the video! Great work!!

Just watched parts of it again. I absolutely love Danny and the dog! I want him to be that cute all the time! Bless him! I'm such a sucher for him and dogs! That's twice this season. Thanks to the writers!!

I absolutly despise the one-liners, they make me cringe. I want to hit Stella on the head with something hard when she says them. Like Sammy said, when the not-funnies do funnies its not errr funny :rolleyes:

From what I've read of spoilers the cheesy lines are not going anywhere mores the pitty :rolleyes:

I mised the first 5 mins of last nights episode as I was watching Rumour Has It on Sky Movies Premier *I <3 Mark Ruffalo* and I couldn't flick over haha. So I was only half arsed watching it last night and my attention wavered loads.

Was that Annas last episode before her Maternity Hiatus?

It was hawkes last night, i can't remember what he said and to quite honest i don't want to. SOmething about paying the price. And as much as i love Stella i agree!! She always looks so smug when she says them too, like its the funniest thing, don't you know you shouldn't laught at your own jokes!!!

Oh well, hopefully better stories and Character developement make up for it. What? stop looking at me like that, it could happen!! ;)

Nope, thats next week and she is off to Montana.
Michelle, i can hear you from here babes! stop jumping up and down so hard you'll scare the dogs! :D

Unfortunately June, no......We have the requisite cheesy goodbye to *look forwards* (like the proverbial hole in the head methinks) to next week........break out the barf bags........We're buying them in bulk...

OOOh god! Joolz can I have two of the barf bags. One to throw up in and one to put over my head!

Sorry Sammy! I squee out a lung when he is with children or animals. Well animals at the moment. I don't think they trust him with a child. That's Flack job.

Yeah I agree, it's getting cheesier. Danny's the guy finished dead last, Hawkes paid the price and Danny and Angell's you fancy going shopping, race ya to the finish line! It's too cheesy and not funny.

If they add any more cheesy lines Csi:NY will turn into Csi:Miami (Horatio's One-liners make me cring) and we don't want that!!!!

I agree there wasn't enough FLACK in this ep.

I love the scenes when Danny and Hawkes were talking about cheese and the '1 legged women' mistery!!!

Joolz count me in! i need a couple just to roll in to balls and throw then at the TV!

Oh yes, the "Goodbye" scenes - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *hold face in hands and rocks back and forth on the sofa*

I'd forgetten about the other cheesy lines... just as nasty! They are so false and rehersed, just stop with them, say something normal and leave the jokes to Flack!

Danny with a dog is incredibly cute! Yep they are leaving the children to Flack. I love how they put the two hunks of the show (sorry to anyone who doesn't get fan girl about them) with the things that make you go "aaaaw", Danny has a pett dog, and gets all cute with the one last night and Flack gives his free time to the kids at the YMCA, rescues babies from cars and i know there is one other scene coming up with a kid! Its all to much for this fan girl!

Nattybatty - stellas coat is great, i was to busy looking at her put on her sunnies to notice.

Sammy11 said:
It was hawkes last night, i can't remember what he said and to quite honest i don't want to. SOmething about paying the price. And as much as i love Stella i agree!! She always looks so smug when she says them too, like its the funniest thing, don't you know you shouldn't laught at your own jokes!!!

Oh well, hopefully better stories and Character developement make up for it. What? stop looking at me like that, it could happen!! ;)

Last night it was when Stella said '....in the dead of winter.....no pun intended' I wanted to scream :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I fogot about the whole 'Lyndsay leaving Danny a note blah blah fucking blah shite' :rolleyes:

I've got myself too far ahead now I've fogot whats when and where lol I'm currently watchin What Schemes May Come and then Past Imperfact is next on the Agenda, I'm still to see The Lying Game, Some Buried Bones and Heart of Glass, but from The Ride In On I'm as up to date as US & Canada. I'm such a knobhead watchin them out of sync and spoiling it for myself but I can't bloody resist esp with NY being shown on a Saturday Night, worst night ever to stay in :rolleyes:

Obsession
I just thought I would pop in and give my view on last night's episode. :) Overall I thought it was good, not particularly outstanding, but it certainly had some good points.

Flack wasn't in it enough for my liking, but when he was, he was lighting up the screen, and at his snarky best! I do love his dry sense of humour and he had at least two great lines this week. :lol: Left me smiling anyway...

Danny was OK too, I agree that it was a bit like seeing the old Danny back, and I liked his interaction with the dominatrix. I was confused yet delighted to see Adam out in the field, and I'm still not quite sure why he was there. As much as I love Adam, he really should remain the wonderful lab geek that he is, we don't need anymore CSI's out in the field, it's crowded enough as it is. :rolleyes: Leave him in the lab, where he is definately at his best (although the hat was cute). :p

Anyway, I've not read too much about next week's episode, but from what I have heard, it should be pretty good, I'm looking forward to it already. :)

nattybatty55, nice D/F video, but unfortunately fan videos aren't allowed to be posted on the board due to potential copyright infringement. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back