CSI:NY Season 3 - U.K #2

Twinkletoes said:
Sorry Dan. You did ask.....

Don't apologise Twinkletoes - we're both singing from the same hymn sheet! Let me add 1 more point...the BLATANT advertising of products. Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but 1 example was in "Daze" episode when Danny went down into the wine cellar it was dark so he got out his torch, and voila! 3 second zoom & hold on Duracell batteries!!!
I too used to enjoy the music, but it is starting to jar, especially since I found out that CSI francise has a deal with one of the big record companies to play their artists' music. Maybe this explains why the awful Nelly Furtado was 'guest star', and why her music features heavily in the episodes (I 1st thought they used her music because she was from NY).
Maybe we should make an new game up where we link certain characters to certain products...how about Danny & Johnson's Baby Oil :p :devil:

Danistheman said:
Maybe we should make an new game up where we link certain characters to certain products...how about Danny & Johnson's Baby Oil :p :devil:

Oh yes, what a great idea, can I also suggest that squirty cream and chocolate sauce be in every shot with Danny? :D :devil:

You're right about the batteries, I almost gasped out loud at how unsubtle that was - even hubs who's usually half-asleep commented on it....

Twinkletoes said:
can I also suggest that squirty cream and chocolate sauce be in every shot with Danny? :D :devil:

You certainly can even if they're not to my taste :lol: I suggested Baby Oil 'coz I thought everyone would agree with that, but on a more personal & selfish note... Danny & Hellman's Mayonnaise (even if it might get a bit confusing) :devil: :devil:

Danistheman said:
got a sneaky feeling that I'm very slowly going off CSI:NY :eek: I'm not that excited on Saturdays anymore

I'm sorry to hear that Danistheman. I'm definately not going off it personally, but I do agree that on occasion the writing has been disappointing, the plots contrived and often the show does border on the ridiculous. I guess that is partly why I love it so much! :lol: Plus, I'm still happy to take the bad with the hope and eager expectation of the truly great. For me, NY delivers, sometimes it's just a matter of waiting. :D

But seriously, sometimes it is a step too far and it does frustrate me, but from what I've read there are some great episodes coming up for the remainder of this season, and I for one, will not be tuning out. :)

Which brings me to tomorrow's episode? Anyone want to fill me in, I've lost track of where we are up to, what's coming up tomorrow?

Tommorrow's ep is Past imperfect.

CSI: New York (Drama)
Time - 21:00 - 22:00 (1 hour long)
When - Saturday 23rd June on five
Past Imperfect. Series 3, episode 21.
New York-based spin-off of the crime drama series. Mac wrestles with a demon from his past when he confronts a killer who was released from jail because of his actions; and Danny and Hawkes investigate the case of a man poisoned with lethal ricin.
Starring: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Claire Forlani
(Subtitles)

I'm really looking to tomorrows ep!

:eek: :eek: Looks like I spoke too soon...tonight's episode was great :D Even the nauseating Mac didn't grate as much - maybe 'coz he was put in his place by SuperFlack AND Stella :lol:
I really liked the Danny/Hawkes pairing, it flowed naturally between them. Was that a slight hint at the forgotten Danny/Louie relationship being hinted at when Danny let the brother have 10 minutes OMG CONTINUITY :eek:
Brilliant to see Adam getting more air time (obviously due to the fact that Anna was being slowly slotted back in after maternity leave) and do you know what... this episode was all the better due to the lack of Lindsay IMHO. I'm sorry, but if more Adam = less Lindsay then I'll be a happier CSI:NY fan!

Well I loved the ep. I like the scene when Mac goes to see Dobson (I love pissed of Mac Taylor) and the scene with Mac and Don was great. These two together have been one of the highlights of the season for me from Consequences right on though. Its nice to see some continuity. Just a shame they drop it in other areas....Louie anyone....

Loved Adam in the ep but it would have been nice to see Mac apologize for jumping down his throat. But then I suppose they are setting Mac up to be a bit off character in the next couple of shows so this was just the start of that trend. Over all great ep.

I do agree with some of the comments aout the show. I am a fan of Season 1. Better written cases more believable characters, you know what I mean REAL people, and it screamed New York....now...it could be CSI anywhere. dont get me wrong I like some of the changes to the show, but I miss the gritty hard edge that season 1had. To many shinny happy people in it now, a little plastic fantastic, if you know what I mean.

I really enjoyed tonights episode. The pairing of danny and hawkes. I love it when them two are working together. and the way danny was with those two kids. that was so sweet and adorable. :)

gypsy said:
and the way danny was with those two kids. that was so sweet and adorable. :)

Yea, he was, and he looked kinda sweet & adorable too. Love that brown leather jacket on him...mmmmmm ;) Danny also made me LOL when he said that the hair didn't look like 'pubes'. It was the way he emphasised the word, as though he was trying to embarass Lindsay. Way to go, Danny :devil:

Adam! I loved him in tonight's ep. Flack was great too...and Danny and angry Mac and...actually everyone. Except maybe Lindsay. But I guess she wasn't in it much so I can't really judge.

Hello, I posted here for a little while but I ran away before these threads started to avoid spoilers. Been lurking a bit but I don't know anybody else who watches CSI, so I need somebody to gibber at after the ending to that ep!

I am actually a bit fuzzy on the rest of it now, like I said I ran off to avoid spoilers so it was a bit of a shock.
I suppose this was sort of more of a throwback to the good old days of the blue filter in some ways. The body was found in the bins, Danny and Hawkes spent much of the case traipsing the streets doing old-fashioned detective work, and the part with the girl in the hotel basement I thought was slightly better done than those scenes usually are. Her behaviour was much more like you'd expect from someone so badly traumatised, fighting everyone off, whereas TV drama victims usually fall sobbing gratefully into the arms of their rescuers. The "lock and key party" red herring was mildly annoying though, and the denounment of Danny and Hawkes' case was, frankly, pants.
And then the ending! I was expecting the guy to jump, really, because they can't all be caught but we have to go to bed knowing the bad guy is gonna face judgement somewhere, right? But AUGH! HANDCUFFS?!?! Of course he jumped (unless Gary Sinise is leaving?) but augh! NO! Poor Mac! Have the PTB not tortured him enough yet? *sobs*

I agree that NY has been getting silly. I really hope that this ep marks a return to form that will continue into the next season. S4 was where it all went ar$e-over-t!ts for Miami, so here's crossing my fingers that NY won't go the same way...

Great ep last night, everyone was good. Mac was harsh on Adam, but it was good to see him not being Mr. Perfect And Always Right, seeing him snap at people and be a bit of a jerk makes him more realistic. Love the scenes with Mac and Dobson, especially the end one. I'm looking forward to more Angsty and Pissy Mac over the next eps.

Re Season 1, yes I miss it's hard, gritty feel too, it gave a real sense of post-9/11 NYC, and the cases were more believable. It would be nice to see more of that next season. I miss Gritty/Hard Mac a little too, though I do love the lighter/happier/tieless Mac we've seen since S2.

It's one thing not being 'Mr Perfect', quite another ripping the head off someone who's totally incapable of handling it. Having been bullied by his father he's now getting it at work too. Hope Stella gives Mac a good slap!

Danistheman said:
gypsy said:
and the way danny was with those two kids. that was so sweet and adorable. :)

Yea, he was, and he looked kinda sweet & adorable too. Love that brown leather jacket on him...mmmmmm ;) Danny also made me LOL when he said that the hair didn't look like 'pubes'. It was the way he emphasised the word, as though he was trying to embarass Lindsay. Way to go, Danny :devil:

Sorry but I am a biased when it comes to Danny. He looks good in anything to me, though I am sure that was the jacket he wore when he went to Monatana in Sleight of the hand.

Adam shines more and more for me. I felt for him when Mac had a go at him. It was so unfair.

Back