CSI:NY Season 3 - U.K #2

Hey all - just popping into say goodbye for a few weeks! I'm off on holiday but please keep flying the UK flag for CSI:NY and enjoy the last few episdoes!!

Chelle I hope you have a great time in Florida you lucky devil!!:) You'll probely have a lot to read when you get back.

Does anyone have any information about tomorrow's episode?

I wasn't on here yesterday to post my usual Fiv.tv synopsis but here you go Elsie...

CSI: New York (Drama)
Time - 21:00 - 22:00 (1 hour long)
When - Saturday 16th June on five
What Schemes May Come. Series 3, episode 20.
New York-based spin-off of the crime drama series. Stella investigates the death of an armour-suited man who was found impaled on a lance in Central Park; Hawkes and Lindsay wonder how a playboy in a penthouse suite ended up with an ice pick in his neck; and Mac and Danny probe the mysterious case of a man who appears to have come back from the dead.
Starring: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Claire Forlani
(Subtitles)

Thanks Twinkletoes and Natty. :)

It sounds pretty good to me, lots of action anyway. I do like it when there is more than one case in an episode. And I'm glad to see that Claire Forlani is in it too, I wasn't sure about Peyton at the start of the season, but I've grown to really like her. She and Mac are a great couple. :)

MichelleK said:
Thank you!!
I'm going to Florida for a couple of weeks. I used to live out there and work at Disney so I'm going for a catch up and to visit some old friends!

Can you fit me in your case? :( I'm Disneys Number 1 Fan :lol:!! I'm totally jealous.com :p I went to the Trafford Centre today and spent a good 2 hours there, 1 of which was in The Disney Store. I bought a Tigger Bowl, Glass and a Phone dangly thing and a Tinkerbell glass. I got out the car when I got home and dropped my bag :( I was close to tears. My Tinkerbell glass was the only one who didn't survive, I've had to bin her before I've opened it :( :mad:

It was funny in the shop the retail lady said 'Would you like these in a gift box for an extra £1, they're perfect for kids!'
I was like "errr this ain't no gift for some kid, they're for me" :p :lol:

Anyways CSINY lol :eek: First Saturday in forever I'm actually in for it :rolleyes: It seems forever since I've watched any NY episode. I need to get back on track :D

What Schemes May Come....

Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was really entertaining but a couple of things weren't quite right:

a. Not enough Danny

b. In fact nowhere near enough Danny...okay he looked hot at hell when he was there - that tight grey t-shirt really, really makes his body look gorgeous but I needed more, much more. :devil:

c. I'll give up on the Danny stuff. What didn't seem quite right was all the DNA stuff. Blimey if I've seen pictures of an ear on a mouse then how come a scientist like Danny hasn't? And wouldn't Mac and Danny have been excited about the hibernation breakthrough thing? These are guys who live and breathe science, wouldn't they have been at least a little more enthusiastic about this new groundbreaking discovery, no?

And the good stuff...

Flack just gets funnier and funnier, he really is stealing Danny's thunder as the wisecracking one. I just loved it when he was talking about the dead knight: "No credit cards, no ID, no crest" LMAO!!!

Lindsay was more cute and perky than previously, I almost didn't mind her.

I like Peyton as a character but sometimes her accent moves into the realm or parody, jsu too posh to be true, although I think the dynamic of her relationship with Mac works extremely well.

And I don't know about you but I nearly jumped out of my skin when the body came back to life...:lol:

What Schemes May Come

:lol: Twinkletoes, Danny was definately hot when he was on screen. But then again, so was Flack (although he sounded like he had a cold, it's always weird when they sound like that, reminds me watching Weeping Willows and William Petersen definately had a cold)... anyway...

Yep, it was a very enjoyable episode I thought. Flack was great of course and I particularly loved his conversation with JJ. :lol: It was all squeefully lovely...

Seriously though, the actual premise itself was a bit annoying, and I'm sorry but terminally ill people don't all look that good. As for her DNA profile being in her brochure and Stella then using it for a match...Still, I guess the cases were interesting and somewhat unexpected.

As for the new advances in science, well Danny did very well to look shocked and somewhat appalled at the mouse growing an ear, but you're right Twinkletoes, they must be working these CSI's seriously hard for him as a scientist to have completely missed it when that was first news. The guy coming back to life was a shocker, and I did jump a little bit. I liked Peyton, especially when she got a bit defensive with Mac, because he was being his usual holier than thou self and wondering how such mistakes could be made. He did seem very amazed that it was pretty much a miracle and that Peyton really would have thought he was dead. *le sigh* Sometimes Mac really infuriates me, he always needs to see the science before taking anyone on their word...

Finally, the ending where Stella asks Mac to sign for the PCR test (or whatever the test is called, I may have just made that name up :lol:) I was actually surprised. Because, I had already completely forgotten about her potential HIV status. :eek: That's how much of an impact I think this storyline will bring, because that's how little I actually believe she could test positive.

Roll on next week, more of the same please. :lol: What can I say, it entertained me, and you can't really ask for more than that.

Did anyone watched Skulls on ITV2 on Sunday night? I was very surprised and shocked to see a certain Hill Harper in it. :)

Nope wish I had though... I have never scene Hill Harper in anything else!!

Oh yay I have just that I have been promoted to Pathologist!! Yay :)

Twinkletoes said:
What Schemes May Come....

Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was really entertaining but a couple of things weren't quite right

To be honest, apart from getting an eyeful of Mr G, I've got a sneaky feeling that I'm very slowly going off CSI:NY :eek: I'm not that excited on Saturdays anymore, and I feel that the last few episodes have been too far fetched, plus the obvious lack of continuity and character development (defo of CERTAIN characters) :(
Usually quite a few people comment on the episode immediately after it has finished, but not this week. Does this show that others are also losing interest, even if for different reasons than me? It would be interesting to hear what you all think...

Interesting thoughts Danistheman....

Apart from the sidelining of Danny and the daft D/L relationship both of which have pissed me off something rotten there are other aspects of the show which have begun to grate, in particular its repetitive nature. There are always parties, there are always rich people having fun, everyone is routinely attractive, New York is always affluent and glamorous.

I also find the music more obtrusive and jarring than in other CSIs - maybe that's my age but I just feel that NY goes for the 'Street-cred' angle just a little too hard sometimes.

I don't mind the daft plots, I find them entertaining as long as they make sense.

What I do really, really object to is the quality of the writing; it's cheap and repetitive, all those cheesy one-liners and obvious, oh-so-obvious smart-alec remarks. I was watching House the other night and it is in a completely different league - the script there is sharp, witty and intelligent, CSI:NY really pales by comparison.

I think with CSI:NY as compared to LV the emphasis is on style, savvy and show. Sadly this increasingly appears to be at the expense of substance.

Sorry Dan. You did ask.....

Hey guys. need a bit of help here. I want to add an avatar to my profile and I do not know how to do it. Could some one help or even better, if I send them the picture, could they do it for me. :)

gypsy, check out this thread which shows you what you need to do. Unfortunately no one can do it for you as you need to go into your home page to do it.

First, you will need a web host to upload the image too as well, if you don't already have one I would recommend somewhere like www.photobucket.com, it's free. :)

Feel free to PM me if you need any more help or advice on this. ;)

Back