CSI:NY/Miami #3..The Younger Generation Cont's

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they all sat quietly, Mac checked his watch. Four in the afternoon. Which meant they had been trapped for over six hours.

"Papa... I"m thirsty." "I know Sara, try not to think about love. Okay?"

Reaching in his pocket MJ took out his package of gum. "Here Sara... take one for you, and your two sisters. Then give one to Michelle, and anyone else that wants one."

"Are you okay son? I know it must be hard losing your dad." "I'm fine. Don't worry about me, I'm more concerned for my brother and sister." Looking over MJ seen them huddled together. "They look so lost. I just don't know what to do for them. They won't allow me near them."

"Give it time son. They look like they are in a little bit of shock." Watching as they took a piece of gum, they snuggled in closer to each other and their cousins.

Across the room, Kat was screaming. Nat knew she needed to be changed and fed. Taking Danny's suit coat, she covered her left side and bared her breast.

"Danny... I don't think we are going to get out of here. I just want you to know that you made my life complete. You've given me and our children nothing but happiness and love."

"Aww... come on Nat. Don't you dare give up on us now. We have a long life ahead of us. No little blast is going to stop us from moving forward. I love you Nat, and I promise you and our girls that we will make it out of here."

Looking into Danny's eyes with tears streaming down her face she said... "don't make promises you can't keep this time Danny."

Pulling her in closer, he held Kat and Lindsay as close as he could. Knowing deep in his heart, that she could be right.

Meanwhile Eric had his wife squeezed into his side, his girls snuggled up to his chest, and little in between them. As he looked in the corner, he swore he seen the jacket move. Placing his children into his wife's arms, he yelled... "Dad... I seen the coat move, the girls are alive. They're alive."

Mac knew Eric was losing it. He also knew if he couldn't get him to keep his voice down, he'd bring down another layer of debris. Crawling over to him, he pulled him back, holding him tight, as he tried to fight his way to the girls.

"Stop Eric... snap out of it. They're gone. They are all dead Eric, you need to stop this, you're scaring your other girls."

All of a sudden Mac heard the sounds of falling stones. Rushing Eric out of the way another pile fell right on top of girls bodies. "Noooooooooooo.... noooooooooooo... screamed Mackenzie, which had the girls and little Eric scream. Getting up, MJ slapped his aunt.

"Stop this Mackenzie... are you trying to kill us all. You're going to bring it all down on top of us. We have hardly no air left, the more you scream, the more you are going to hyperventilate. You need to stay still."

"My babies... I just want my babies." "I know Auntie... MJ cried. But we can't bring them back. They are with God now. Please Auntie, think of Sara, Shannon, Sharon, and Eric. You're scaring them."

Finally getting Mackenzie to settle. MJ felt Michelle reach for his hand.

"MJ... something is wrong with mommy." Looking over at his nana, he seen she wasn't breathing. "Oh God... papa... it's nana." Laying his grandmother down, he started mouth to mouth. "She's not breathing papa, she's not breathing."

Continuing to breathe life into his nana, she finally took a breath. "Easy nana... it's okay. Just breathe nice and slow." Finally reaching their side, Mac checked her pulse. "Are you okay love?" "Hard... to... breathe..." "I know love, I know."

Back outside Sheldon had arrived on site. He had finally finshed up at the last crime scene when he heard it over the radio.

"How long have they been in there now?" "Over six hours Dr.Hawkes. We've found two victims, male and female." Sheldon walked over and looked at the bodies. He recognized them right away.

"This is Michael Taylor and Lea Thompson. Mac Taylor's son and his girlfriend. Listen... we need to get them air in there." "We thought about that, but we don't know where they are." "I have a feeling they are in the basement. I know Mac Taylor. He lived through this before, he would have taken them all underground."

Running towards the Firemen, he directed where to put the air hose without upsetting the rubble to cause another cave in. "Do you have any idea if any of them are still alive?"

"We're not sure. As I told the Officer we only found two bodies so far. So by the looks of it they could all be downstairs, but we don't whether they are alive or dead."

"Trust me... most of them are alive. If there is one thing I know about Mac, Danny, Don and Adam. They are all survivors."

Back in the basement Mac felt the slightly cool breeze across his neck.

"You feel that son?" "I do... where's it coming from dad?" Mac looked at MJ. That was the forth time he had called him dad since his accident. And why shouldn't he be. Mac had lost his son... his wife couldn't give him anymore.

Seeing the confused look on his grandfathers face he cried as he said...

"I'm sorry papa." "Don't ever be sorry Michael. Ever. You can call me dad all you like. In fact your nana and I would love that. You and Tyler are all we have left, to carry on the Taylor name."

Looking down at his nana, he seen her smile. "Your papa is right, I would like that MJ."

Calling from across the room Danny said... "You feel that Mac? You feel that air?" "I do. Just slightly, any idea where it's coming from?" "No... but it has to be close." Getting up to look around, Mac seen the rubble along the side give way.

"Everyone take cover."

As they covered each other, the next set of debirs came down covering half the guest that were on that side.

"Maaaac... they're going to kill us. And there's not a damn thing we can do about it." Mac knew Danny was right. They were doing more harm than good.

Once the smoke cleared, Mac checked on the guests.

"You can add four more to that list Danny. I'm going to move the rest of the guests over to our side."

As Mac and Don moved the remaining guest, and treated them best they could, they wondered how long it would be before the remaining stones of the Church fell, burying them for good.

Another couple chapters Melly:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they sat in silence, Mac flicked the little light on his watch. He knew it had to be close to dinner time. "Dad... what time is it?" "It's just after five son, try not to talk. That little air we had is gone. I think they realized it couldn't be done without killing us."

"Hey Mac?" "Yeah Danny?" "I think we need to check everyone. I can barely breathe, and it's pitch black in here, I'm sure people are scared." "Alright Danny, you start left, I'll start right. Remember to keep track on how many dead."

As they cautiously crawled along the ground, they asked everyone of they were okay. When they had finished, Danny added three more to the list.

"That makes a total of seventy two Mac." "I know Danny. Get back to your family. It's not going to be long before any of us are able to breathe."

"You're not giving up, are ya Mac? That's not like you." "No... it's not. But even I know when to draw the line. Like it or not Danny, we are almost at the end of it." Nodding his head, they made their way back to their families.

Back outside, Sheldon was working with the rescue teams.

"There has to be another way for them to get air. Did you try inside the Church? If they are all on the left side, we should be able to push the tube through the right side." "I'm telling you Dr.Hawkes. This whole site is ready to collapse, I honestly don't think we'll ever get them...."

"Don't say it, yes we will." "Where are you going Dr.Hawkes?" "To plead our case. Cause there is no way in hell, I will allow my family to die."

While they waited the Chief noticed the Army search and resuce team pull in. "This was what you pleaded for?" "Yeah. Walking away Sheldon tried not to lose faith.

Once they had everyone where they needed to be, they set up a medical station, food area, and lots of blankets. they knew this was going to be a long night. For each layer had to be removed with care. One wrong piece, and the remaining Church would collapse killing them all.

"Dr.Hawkes... I"m Sgt.Billings, if you could show me where you attempted to put in the air hose." "Sure... this way."

When they arrived to the back of the Church, Sheldon showed them the small hole he had made. "This is where I placed it, but once we turned on the motor and the air went through, it caused more rubble and debris to fall."

"Okay... it may be safer to feed the hose higher up. It's very important when you place the hose through, that it's in the stones that are semi loose. If you put it through where it's tight, the layers underneath will collapse."

Watching as they lowered the hose, Sheldon tried not to get in the way.

Back underground everyone was sweating, and gasping for air. Joining hands together, Mac started to reciet the Lord's prayer. As he got to "on earth as it is in heaven." He felt the rush of air. Stopping the prayer, he inhaled deep.

"It's air, do you feel that? Does anyone feel the air?" "Yeah... yeah we feel it Mac." Getting up Mac checked his family to make sure they were all okay. "Stella... Stella... wake up love. I need you too breathe." "Come on Stel... Stella."

"Daddy... is mommy okay? Get her to wake up daddy." Mac continued to shake her, but Stella still wouldn't wake. Laying her down, he raised her neck, opened her mouth, and breathed his life back into her. Twice now she had stopped breathing.

After about six quick breaths she coughed. "That's it love... breathe slow. Nice deep breaths." "Maaac... she whispered out. Where's... the ...air... coming from..." "I'm not sure love, they must have found a safe area to feed the hose through."

"Daddy... does this mean they are going to get us out?" "I hope so love. MJ, son... how are you doing?" "I'm good dad, I'm going to check on Caroline and Tyler." Making his way to his brother and sister, he found them asleep.

"Tyler... Caroline, wake up. Come on guys wake up." "Caroline... wake up." Slowly opening her eyes she seen her daddy. "Daddy... daddy you're alive." "No Caroline... it's MJ... it's your brother." "I want daddy MJ, I just want daddy." "I know sweetheart. Tyler how you doing?"

Coughing to catch his breath, he whispered... "I'm okay... but where is daddy and Lea?" MJ tried to hold his patients. "They didn't make it Tyler. They are in heaven with Serina, Sasha, and Selina." Still coughing, MJ held his brother close while he cried.

"Eric... how's Mackenzie, the girls and li'l Eric?" "We're good Mac.

Everyones holding on." "Good. Danny... how's your family?" "We're good Mac, no worries." "Don... are you and Jess okay?" "Yeah Mac. Do you think they are closer to getting us out?"

"I'm not sure Don. But at least we have air, so that's a start." "Hey Mac... remind me when we get out of here to find Sheldon and smack him one." "Why Danny?" "Cause he should have been here with us." Laughing Don said... "yeah... ME's have all the luck."

"Maddy... how are you feeling?" "I'm good dad. Don't worry. I just hope they get us out soon, cause I'm starving." "I know Maddybee, I think we all are." Making his way back to his family, they all huddled together.

"Papa... if Lea and daddy are dead. Who will Tyler and I live with?" "You'll live with us sweetheart. We will be keeping you."

Back outside, the first team started a second line.

"Alright Hawkes. We have another line through. What we need you to do, is yell through the tube." "You want me to yell through it?" Won't it bring another pile of rubble and debris down on them?" "It might. But we need to know they are alive. Otherwise there is no use working this hard to bring them out. I know it sounds cold and calculated, but unfortunetly it's reality."

Hawkes nodded, he understood that it took alot of time and money for these operations. Placing his mouth near the tube he yelled down...

"Maaaaaaaac... Maaaaaaaac... can you hear me?"

"Listen Mac, you here that? It sounds like Sheldon." Getting up Mac yelled back up...." we are here Sheldon, we're here." "Okay Mac... stay calm, we are trying to get too you. Is anyone hurt?" "A few Sheldon."

Just as Sheldon was about to yell back, the rubble crumbled down on top of Mac.

"Daaaaaaaaaaddy." While Stella grabbed Michelle, to stop her from crawling over, Don, Danny and Adam ran to his side. "Jesus... careful you guys. Remove the large piece first," said Danny. As they lifted it off of Mac, they heard Sheldon call again, shaking the rubble.

"Damn it Sheldon... stop yelling, you're going to kill us all. Mac's been buried by the vibrations."

Looking up at Sgt.Billings, they knew the rescue now seemed impossible.

That was a good chapter. Loved how determined Sheldon was. And poor Caroline and Tyler. I can't help but wonder how MJ's going to feel about his dad being dead. I mean with his last words to his dad being negative ones and all.

Once they had Mac's body exposed, they seen the giant gash on his head.

"Christ... look at his head, we need something."

MJ crawled over and seen his papa's head. "Maddy... give me your slip. Hurry Maddy, I need it for his head." Sliding out of her slip, she passed it to MJ. "Now your stockings Maddy, hurry." Removing her stockings she passed them to MJ.

"Okay Uncle Danny. carefully raise his head, Adam you his neck, that's it, I need to get this stocking over the gash to keep the slip in place." "Where did you learn this MJ?" "I took a survival class for three years in school. I learned there are alot of supplies available for emergencies."

"Huh... I guess they forgot the lesson for being buried." MJ laughed at Adam. "That's funny Uncle Adam." Lifting his papa in his arms Don, Danny and Adam stared. "Christ MJ... how the hell you lifting all that weight?" Once he had him back to their family, he laid his grandfathers head on his grandmothers lap.

"MJ... is daddy going to be okay?" "I hope so Michelle. But we need to be rescued soon. For it's not going to be long before he bleeds through. Also his left arm is broke, but there's nothing to splint it with. So I rested it on his chest."

While they all waited once again. They all prayed together aloud.

Meanwhile...

"Sheldon... get me the plans for this building. I need to see what the foundation was built on." "I'll see what I can do. Why what are you thinking?" "I'll let you know as soon as I see the plans." Making some calls, Sheldon was able to get ahold of the company.

When they arrived with the plans, Sgt.Billings and his men looked them over.

"Okay Sheldon. We have one last idea that may work. I'm going to have my men go underground. We will dig a tunnel under the foundation of the Church. It shows in the plans that it was grounded with cement pillers along the corners, and solid wood in the design of an X across."

"But once they get underground and start making an opening, won't it cause the building stones to collapse on top of them?" "It may, and it may not. This is the only chance we have left Sheldon. If this doesn't work, they will not survive, anyway."

"Okay... okay... what choice do we have. Let's do it." While the teams got to work, Sheldon stood away from the area, and sliently cried. His only thoughts being... "let them all survive."

A short time later MJ checked the dressing on his grandfathers head. "How is he MJ?" "I"m not sure Uncle Don... the bandage is holding, but the blood is coming through already." "Is he awake yet?" "No... I tried waking him, but no luck."

Leaning down to his papa's ear he whispered...

"I need you to listen to me papa. I need you to hold on. We all need you to hold on. If you don't, then who will I call dad, who will mom have to help her with Caroline and Tyler. I need you to be strong, I know you feel like giving up, but you can't, do you understand, you can't. I don't want to lose another dad, please... just fight."

Deep down MJ was kind of happy his papa wasn't awake yet. For he knew if he was, he would be in a hell of alot of pain. Taking off his jacket, he covered him with it. Then sitting back, he wrapped his arm around Michelle and his nana.

Thinking back in his own thought, he couldn't feel any remose for Lea or his dad. In his mind what they did was unforgivable, especially for a father to do that to his son. If he thought of MJ, he would have given Lea up to keep him, but instead he chose her, and that was just unforgivable. The only thing he was sorry about, was that his brother and sister had their father stolen from their young lives.

"MJ... whispered Michelle. I don't want to die." "Shh... don't worry kiddo, I love you, so just stay positive okay?" Leaning her head down on MJ's shoulder she felt the vibration beneath her, as did the others.

"You feel that?" "I do, where the hell is it coming from?" "Under the ground, they must be trying to get to us by going underground. Which means they should come through, this wall here. So everyone move over together."

"I don't like this Uncle Don... this could bring down everything on top of us." "I know that MJ, but it's obvious there is no other way, and we would die anyways. So let's just pray that they can get us all out before it comes down."

When the rescue team finally had an opening, they yelled in.

"Is anyone alive in there?" "Yes... I'm Det.Don Flack, seventy two didn't make it, we have one severly injured. Mac Taylor, and several others with minor scrapes and bruises." "Alright... give us Mac first, then the children."

Lifting his grandfather into his arms, he carefully passed his to the rescuer. "Watch his left arm, it's broken, we had nothing to splint it with. He also has a large gash on his left side of the tempo. We haven't been able to wake him."

As MJ finished talking more rubble came down.

"Come on guys, we need to hurry." Passing up the children next, Caroline and Tyler wouldn't move. "Caroline, Tyler, let's go." Shaking their heads no, MJ knew he was going to have too shut their eyes and bring them. Picking up Caroline first, he passed her to the rescuer followed by Tyler.

"Alright that's all of them. Ladies next." While Don, Danny and Adam helped. Maddy refused to leave. "Come on Maddy, this place is going to go." "No... I won't leave without Adam." "Listen Maddy. You go, I'll be right behind you, I promise." "Why don't I believe you Adam?"

Giving her a kiss, he carefully pushed to the rescuer. "Alright Eric, you're next, followed by Don, then Danny, Adam and me." "Oh no... you're not going last MJ. Forget it. Mac and Stella have lost enough, you'll go first."

Just at that moment the whole left side caved in.

"Just go now... or we will all die." Once Eric, Danny and Don were on their way, Adam and MJ were next. And as the rescuer tried to reach for their hands, the remaining structure of the Church came crumbling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back