CSI:NY- Love, Loss and Life

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by nattybatty55, Dec 3, 2007.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

aaawwww how sweet
    nice update :D

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

lolol please don't make us wait!!! I want more!

3. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

shoo..., crap..., I almost forgot the FB on your story Natty. I read it this morning before work, but I all forgot about it because of my year's evaluation *which went good btw*. So I jurt remembered it while visiting the little house: :lol: Sorry Hon. ;)
    Ehr... back to topic.... Nice t see the Monroe's met Lindsay's 'other' family. and that Danny's sense of humour is coming back in a way. Good to see he's goofing off again. :devil: Don't wait too long for your next update. :p

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ Was this soon enough?!? Glad the Eval went ok ;) :lol: Next update probably thurs :D

**Chap11** Reasons and Decisions

Everyone walked into the break room as Danny had started to dress the tree.

‘So Mac what do ‘ya think?’ Danny asked as he shoved the star on top.

‘Well it’s great…weren’t you going to tell me?’ Mac asked raising his eyebrows.

‘Nope,’ Danny replied shortly as he fussed over his daughter and picked up his second bag which was still bursting. Stella just laughed at Mac’s reaction.

Danny gave out the rest of his decorations and began to give out his orders, ‘Ok guys, it’s your turn to decorate the rest of the lab! I’m going to finish mine and Lindsay’s office and then do Mac’s!’ Danny said with a large smile on his face.

Mac just looked at him like he was strange but Stella stopped him when he looked like he was about to speak, ‘Oh come on Mac get your ass in to gear its Christmas!’

‘Exactly, Come on sweetie,’ Danny said as he picked up Lindsay, turned up the music a little and left the room.

‘Ok let’s get started!’ Adam said as he began to examine the decorations he had been given.

One hour later everyone, including Flack and Hawkes who had helped, was sitting in the break room enjoying a well deserved rest. The lab was now ready for Christmas- full of colour and joy.

‘Messer you did a great job of Mac’s office! He just needs a little Santa suit now and he’ll look right at home,’ Stella said as she laughed at the image of “Santa Mac”

‘Oh shut it Stel!’ Mac said as he laughed as well, ‘Danny, where did you get the idea to decorate the lab anyway?’ Mac asked.

‘Montana,’ everyone went silent; Danny was the only one who stayed smiling, ‘Near the end of November she was saying about how each year the lab gets crap decorations and she was going to sort it out this year! But well you know…she can’t so I am!’

‘Well it was a great idea Dan,’ Flack said as she took another sip of her coffee.

‘Ok guys since we are all together I need to tell you something,’ Danny stroked his finger down Lindsay’s check; ‘Me and Lindsay are going to Montana for Christmas with Marge and Tom after Montana’s funeral.’ Everyone looked at him a little confused, ‘I just thought it would be good to go and see Montana’s family again and plus they need to see sweetie here and there no better time than Christmas!’ He smiled as his friends nodded and looked at the girl who curled her fingers around her father’s little finger.

5. MarineGirl#1

Aw, that was so sweet, pulling a leg on Mac *did I just say that out loud* Danny showing off little Monatana. *Just come before NY's eve" ... and Natty, this is going to be a long cliffhanger.... I'm impatient girl, have mercy :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. MacsGirlMel

awww more soon! Yeah Im' impatient too lol

7. ladyhunter

Mac in a Santa suit , that's an image :D

Very sweet and touching.
    Good job

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Kleenex may be needed guys.

**Chap12**- Letters of goodbye.

‘Ok sweetie, your done,’ Danny said as he lifted Lindsay off of the changing table and put her in to the car seat, ‘Let Daddy just get his tie and then we’ll be off ok?’

Danny picked up the seat and went in search of his black tie that was drooped over the back of the sofa. He put Lindsay down and pulled up his collar. ‘I hope you will be good for Daddy today sweetie just like everyday.’

Lindsay shifted in her sleep, ‘You’re an angel just like your mummy aren’t you? And today I’ve got to say goodbye to one of my angels.’

He picked up Lindsay and grabbed his jacket, ‘But we aren’t going to forget her are we sweetie. I know I won’t. As you grow up I’ll make sure you grow up knowing who your mummy was ok? We won’t forget her, she can’t be replaced!’ Danny said as he opened the door and headed towards the car and headed for the cemetery.

The whole team was standing around the grave of Lindsay Monroe. In Danny’s opinion everything that had needed to be said, had been said, all that was needed to do, had been done, but there was one last thing that was needed.

The final part of the burial had been Danny’s idea. He had wanted to do something that was personal to everyone around him and what would have meant something to Lindsay.

Marge and Tom had taken Lindsay back to the car so Danny and the team could do what he had planned. He looked around, each person was holding a little envelope. He had given each person clear instructions to write a message to Lindsay, no one else would read them apart from themselves.

Danny’s eyes connected with Mac’s and he nodded, ‘Ok guys,’ they all stepped forward and dropped there own message on top of the casket.

Lindsay,

Since you arrived and I got to know you Linds you’ve been the bestest friend I could have hoped for. You’ve helped me through some rough spots and I’ve helped you through yours. It’s still strange that you’re not here but I do try and be strong for Danny and your wonderful daughter. She’s beautiful Lindsay but even though I’ll try I don’t think that Danny will need any help- he’s the best father in the world. I can still remember your first day I knew you’d do great and you didn’t prove me wrong! I’m going to miss you Linds but I hope you are in better place and I’ll take care of Danny for you.

Stella

Linds,

Ok Linds, you know I’m not good with saying things- remember my best mans speech! When Danny said he had this idea about us writing a message to you the only problem I had was I wasn’t sure what to write. But one thing I do know is that you are an amazing woman Linds and you must be one special personto have changed Danny the way you did. I which we could have said goodbye properly but we couldn’t so I’m saying it now. Goodbye Linds, I’ll miss you and I’ll try and keep Messer in one piece for you.

Flack

Lindsay,

Lindsay from what you told me you were never that good at goodbyes. And neither am I. I know that the others will probably write a lot but it breaks my heart having to write this knowing I will never get to talk to you again because I will miss you. Goodbye Lindsay Monroe

Adam

Lindsay,

I don’t feel like I can say goodbye to you Linds. I can remember when you first started and we were both getting used to being part of the NY team. You were clumsy and nervous but since then you have completely changed. You and Stella had the hard job of keeping us boys in line and holding the team together. You alone did this with your happiness and made us more of a family. So I thank you for that Linds and I’ll miss you.

Sheldon

Lindsay,

For not the first time in my life Linds the past few weeks has had me completely lost. I would sit there and watch my team fall apart because you were gone and unable to pull them back together. I never thought that Danny would be the one to recover first but he did and the only real reason for this was your daughter. She’s beautiful and she’s going to be the mirror image of her mummy when she grows up. I promise you Linds that I will not let anything happen to her even if my life depends on it. I have lost too much already. I never thought another friend of mine would be taken from me but I was wrong. You were more like a daughter to me Linds and I’ll miss you.

Mac

Montana,

I hope I haven’t disappointed you Montana since you had to leave. I just wish we could have said goodbye properly. I know I do not need to write much because I know that you know how I feel about you. You will never be replaced in my heart Montana, there is only room in there for you and our daughter. I will take care of Linds and make sure that she knows what a special person you were. I love you, I always will, I miss you and I always will.

Danny

They all stood back from the grave. Tears escaped from everybody, nobody was ashamed even Flack because they knew that this was one time they were allowed. They turned around and started to head back to the gates. Stella holding on to Mac as she let her tears flow.

9. MacsGirlMel

waaaaaah! That is so darn pretty! *sniff*

10. MarineGirl#1

Farwell Montana :( *Beautiful written update Natty, you'd better make us happy again soon* And PS I love my Christmas Icon too :lol:

11. ladyhunter

OH wow
    that was really good. A beautifully written update.

I really like how you knew each character and what they would say to Lindsay.

Good job!

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ I think I watch too much CSI :lol: Thanks for the great FB guys :)

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap13**- His present

It was Christmas Eve, a week since Lindsay’s funeral, and Danny sat on the chair in her childhood bedroom holding a small box in his hand. When he had taken out his suitcase to pack for Montana he had found this box hidden inside of it. It was a Christmas present for him from Lindsay.

He wasn’t sure if he should put it under the tree down stairs with everyone else’s, open it when he first got up in the morning or open it now. It was only a Christmas present, you get presents every year, but this present was his last from his Montana. Some people would say that the thirty minutes he had spent thinking about it was stupid but to Danny it wasn’t.

He looked at his daughter who was sleeping peacefully in the cradle next to him and then looked back at the present that was placed n his lap. He had to open it now, a way from everyone else.

He began to pull apart the wrapping paper and was now holding a small blue box. He lifted the lid and his heart sank. It was an extra dog tag for his chain. He took it out of the box and read the side that was facing him.

Montana’s
    Man

Danny laughed at the wording, Lindsay would always say that to him when she was in a happy mood and taking the ‘Mickey’ out her own nickname. He turned the tag around and read the other side.

Agape
    Conquers

He read it many times remembering how true and real their love for each other was. The words to him represented how he had been feeling for the past few weeks, yes Lindsay was gone but their love would never leave.

He took his chain from around his neck and added the new tag next to Lindsay’s engagement and wedding ring.

‘Danny, are you up there? Dinner’s ready!’ Marge shouted up the stairs.

‘I’m on my way,’ Danny stood placing the empty box back in the wrapping and put it back in the suitcase, where he had found it.

14. MarineGirl#1

That was one sweet chapter Natty, I love the way you write. PS: and may all your Christmas wishes also come true :devil:

15. MacsGirlMel

awwww I love the way you write too :)

lol Sienna I love your icon. But I want Mac for me!