CSI:NY- Love, Loss and Life

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by nattybatty55, Dec 3, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ I was planning on improving Phil's speach a bit for his visit but when you put it like that Jools :lol:

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap17**- Arrivals

It was July 2nd and the sun was shinning through the large window in Danny’s apartment as he sat watching Lindsay who repeatedly pulled herself up into a sitting position and giggled in delight at her achievement before she fell back onto the cushions which Danny had placed around her.

‘Kath he’ll be fine. Stop worrying ok?’ Danny said as h swapped the phone from one ear to the other so he good reach for his drink.

‘Yes I know but he still is only five!’

‘Yes but he’s not on his own is he and he’s only a phone call away,’ Danny told Kath.

‘Ok but if he feels home sick when Joel comes back to Montana in a few days…’

‘Kath, no ones going to stop him going home!’ Joel had to come to the city for business for a few days and Danny and Kath had arranged for Philip to tag along with his uncle.

‘Yeh yeh I no but he’s never actually spent more than one night away from home but before you say anything else I know I’m worrying too much!’

‘Ok well I best go because I’ve got to get Lindsay ready, you wouldn’t want me to miss them at arrivals now would you?’

‘Don’t even joke Danny, call me when you get back.’

‘Sure Kath, speak to you soon.’

‘Bye’, Danny put the phone on the table which was next to the sofa and stood up as his daughter clapped her hands as she sat up once more but as Danny laughed she once again fell side wards on the cushions.

‘Come on sweetie,’ Danny said as he picked up Lindsay.

‘UNCLE DAN UNCLE DAN UNCLE DAN!!’, Danny turned around to see five year old Philip running towards him being followed by his uncle.

When Philip reached Danny he jumped into his arms, ‘Slow down there buddy! You shouldn’t have run off from your Uncle Joel, especially in a city like New York, ok?’

Phil’s smile faded a little, ‘Bud I was exciteded Uncle Dan!’

‘You can say that again,’ Joel said as he shook Danny’s hand, ‘He hasn’t shut up all the way here! Phil you can’t run off like that here in New York it’s different to back home in Montana. If you loose Danny you won’t know where to go and you erm might have to go back home sooner than planned!’

That did it, ‘Noo, I’ll be good I pwomise uncle Joel I wanna stay in Nude Ork with Uncle Dan for a bit, it is gonna be fun! Mummy says I gotta be a big brother to Lindy!’

‘That’s right buddy. So Joel you going back home on Friday right?’

‘Yeh,’ Joel said as he handed Danny Phil’s bag.

‘So buddy if you want to go home in the next few days tell me and I’ll call Joel ok?’

‘Uncle Dan I don’t wanna go home so I dink you will not be winging Uncle Joel!’

The two men laughed at the young boy, ‘Stop being cheeky you,’ Danny said as he ruffled the boy’s hair.

‘Anyway Danny I would love to stay and chat but work calls,’ Joel said as he picked up his bag and shook Danny’s hand, ‘Oh Phil be good and no running off ok?’ Philip nodded, ‘Good lad, see you guys later.’

‘Bye Uncle Joel,’ Philip said as he waved as his Uncle walked away.

‘So buddy do you want to come and check out my apartment and get settled?’

‘Yeh come on Lindy!’ Philip grabbed hold of Danny’s hand as Danny swung the boy’s holdall over his shoulder and began to push Lindsay towards the exit.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

very cute

baby Lindsay is growing and I can't wait to see how she makes Danny's life interesting. Same with the adventurous 5 year old

4. CSIJunkie5

CSIJunkie5 Victim

I just read the entire thing. There should be a warning label on this that says "Warning:You may use up one to two boxes of tissues" God, pretty soon my keyboard's going to be wrecked too!

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

awwww that was funny and cute :)

hmm I never heard the word 'holdall' before. New one for me.

More soon!

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

CSIJunkie5 I quote....
    :D :D

Mel a holdall is like a erm... large gym bag. Some people use them instead of suitcases- I don't, I prefer having wheels on my luggage :lol:

7. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Sweet update Nat, *Phil, welcome to the 'Pig Abble'.* :lol:
    MacsGirlMel, I'm right in line with the 'holdall', but I'm sure Natty wil explain. I'm certainly learning more and more about other languages here on this site. :lol: :lol:

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap18**

Danny, with the help of Philip, had managed to empty Philip’s things into the cupboards in the spare room. He made sure Lindsay was ok and headed towards the kitchen, ‘Phil do you want some juice?’

‘Yes pwease Uncle Dan!’

‘Ok look after Lindsay for me, ok?’ Danny said with a smile.

‘Ok Uncle Dan.’ Philip said as he knelt down beside Lindsay and started to stroke his cousin’s head.

As Danny walked back in with some drinks he heard Philip’s whispers coming from the living room, ‘Lindy listden to me. I am going to beed your biiiggg brother wild im in Nude Ork ok?’ Lindsay giggled as she sucked on here tiny fist, ‘Well I taked dat as a yes!’

‘Hey Buddy what you up to? Sit up here so you can drink your juice.’

Philip jumped up and sat on the sofa next to his Uncle, ‘Uncle Dan?’

‘Yes Buddy?’ Danny said as he turned to the side.

‘When will I’d get to seed Della and the udders?’

‘Well if you want we can go in a minute, what do you think?’ Danny asked already knowing the answer.

‘Yay! You heared dat Lindy we going to da lab!’

‘Oh that reminds me Mac’s got a little present for you,’ Danny said anticipating the response.

‘Prezzie por me? Come on Uncle Dan drinked up! We haved got to go to da lab!’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lanuage you say Jools, I need help with US sport :D

Ok I know that the NY Yankees are the NY base ball team right?!?! But what is a Montana team?!?

9. MarineGirl#1

Oohw, Danny is so good with kids, I love the interaction.
    And Natty, Don't know 'bout baseball or a Montana team. I'm only interested in one kind of sports. And you know what that is. :lol: My bet's on Hamilton next year :devil: Whao, I'm in trouble here, better watch out or I'll have a divorce on my hands :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

:lol: :lol: :lol:I agree but unless Hamilton can solve the baseball question I have no use for him...well.... :devil:

Ok Jools another chapter may be up in the next 1/2 or 1 hour :D

11. MacsGirlMel

lolol he is sooo cute!

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap19**- Meeting Mac

‘Come in,’ Mac said answering the knock on his door as he continued to read the report in front of him.

‘Hey Mac,’ Danny said as pushed the pushchair into Mac’s office with Philip shyly hugging his leg, ‘Hey buddy what’s up? Remember what I said, Flack’s the scary one!’

Philip stepped away from his Uncle, ‘Hello Mac, I’m is Philip!’ Philip said proudly as he stepped forward and saluted, Danny laughed at the young boy but to his surprise Mac saluted back and winked which made Philip giggle with delight.

‘Well it’s nice to finally meet you Philip and by the looks of things you could teach your Uncle a few things!’ Which only increased the boy’s giggles, ‘Danny, how’s our little angel?’

‘She’s good, you should see her try and sit up!’ Danny said as he stroked his daughter’s cheek, ‘Oh Mac you know that I always take Lindsay to the Nursery down stairs,’ Mac nodded, ‘well I was wondering if, when I’m working in the lab I could bring Mr here,’ he nodded towards Philip who was now playing with his shoe lace, ‘up with me…’

Mac looked at Danny considering his answer, ‘You can yes but I trust that you’ll know when he can’t and what he can’t see!’

‘Oh yeh obviously, Kath would kill me if he went back having nightmares but I’m sure as soon as you give him those presents he’ll be one good little helper.’

At the sound of presents Philip looked up and Mac smiled, ‘Ok Phil I can’t let you in the lab without you helping your Uncle, can I?’ Philip shook his head, ‘But I have a problem,’ Philip’s smile faded, ‘you see people in this lab have to have certain things that allow them to be in here, you understand?’ Philip nodded slowly as his small brain processed the information.

Mac opened his desk draw and pulled out an ID card on a chain, ‘You will need to wear this,’ Mac said as he handed the card to Philip as the boy’s eyes light up. It had a small picture of Philip on it with ‘Detective’ written underneath and ‘New York Police Department, New York, NY’ and ‘Crime Scene Analyst’ at the side. There was also information like date of birth and other information about Philip on it. He put it around and looked up at his uncle proudly.

‘Hang on Buddy, you aren’t done yet!’ Danny smiled as his nephew spun back around to look at Mac.

‘Ok there is one more thing that me and Danny have because we are police officers,’ Mac once again reached into his draw and pulled out a NYPD shield.

This time Philip just starred in awe, unable to come up with any words, as Mac handed him the badge. Mac had managed to organise a badge to be made for him which was a little smaller than the badge he carried for the young boy after calling in a few favours. It was made of metal and leather and could be confused with a real one. It was not a real, obviously, but it was a lot better than those little badges that anyone can buy in toy shops.

‘Wow!’ Philip said as he turned to face his uncle again, ‘Uncle Dan looked what I’d got!’

Danny helped Philip attach the badge and then the young boy and tucked his shirt behind the badge just like his uncle.

‘Dank you Mac,’ Philip said as his tummy rumbled which didn’t go unnoticed by Danny.

‘Ok Mac, I think we have got to go, Pizza is calling!’

‘Pizzaaa! Yay,’ Philip grinned as Danny stood up, ‘Dank you Mac, I see you soon.’ Philip saluted once more and Mac returned the gesture.

‘See you tomorrow Mac, Come on detective let’s go,’ Philip grinned at the name and followed his Uncle out with one last wave to Mac.

‘Yeh see you Danny,’ Mac said as he sat back down.

13. MarineGirl#1

Okay, I read this chapter real quick and someones bugging me here for real. So I'll leave my reviews till tomorrow. Anyone got a baseball bat for me to rent/let or whatever. Men... can't live with them, ehr.... can't live without them :p :p

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap20**- Pizza Calls!

It was late after noon and Danny had decided to get take out so Lindsay could go to sleep in her cot at home while he and Philip could feast on their pizza.

‘Go place the pizza on the table in the living room while I put Lindsay to bed Buddy,’ Danny said as he lifted his daughter out of the push chair while Philip walked slowing towards into the living room, being careful not to drop the pizza.

When Philip reached the centre of the room he placed the box onto the table, extremely pleased of himself, turned and headed towards Lindsay’s room.

He stood in the door and watched his Uncle change Lindsay and place her in the cot, ‘Uncle Dan, I dinked we need plates por our Pizza!’

‘Plates?’ Danny asked jokingly

That just confused Philip, ‘Yeh dose things you eat offd!’

Danny laughed, ‘I know what they are smarty pants,’ Danny said as he walked out of the room followed by Philip and headed towards the pizza, ‘but you have to eat Pizza from out the box, especially New York pizza! You don’t need a plate buddy just make sure you don’t wipe your hands on your jeans- I haven’t mastered the skill of getting it out of clothes yet, I always left it Lindsay! Now get on the sofa and tuck in.’

Danny said smiling as the small boy joined him on the sofa and took a large bite of pizza, ‘Mmm mmmmm!’

Danny turned on the TV as Philip made sure he was sitting exactly like his uncle and put his shirt back behind his badge so he could see it, just like Danny’s.

‘So Phil do you fancy coming to work with me tomorrow?’

Philip, who was half way through a slice said, ‘Yeh I’d wub uv too!’

‘Well lucky for you we don’t have to be there until 10 sooo I was thinking we could stay up late tonight and watch SpiderMan!’

‘Yay, I loved SpiderMan!’ Philip said as he jumped up and down.

‘Phil when you’ve finished that slice, do you want to call your mum so you can tell her about your badge?’

‘Yep I loved my badge,’ Philip grinned as he stuffed the rest of his slice in his mouth, ‘Im dumb!’

'You mean done?'Danny laughed as Philip nodded, ‘Ok Buddy let’s go wipe your hand’s first ok?’

‘Hello?’ Kath answered.

‘MMUUMMMYY!!!’ Philip said as he jumped up to sit on his Uncle’s knee.

‘Hey baby, I wondered when you were going to ring, are you having fun with Uncle Danny?’

Philip nodded, ‘Yep, I got a Police badge fromed Mac. I am nowd a popper Nude Orker in the Pig Abble!’

Both Danny and Kath laughed, ‘Really baby? So are you being good for Danny?’

‘Yep, he says dat I can go wid him to the lab agained tomozo caused I’ve still got to meet the others!’

‘So you don’t want to come home yet?’

Philip looked at the phone confused, ‘No mummy, I liked Nude Ork,’ Philip said smiling.

‘I’m glad, now you have fun baby ok and call me again ok I've got to go see Grandma?’

‘Ok mummy I lub you.’

‘I love you too baby, bye.’

‘Bye mummy.’ Philip said as he passed the phone back to Danny and grabbed another slice.

15. MacsGirlMel

awwwww this is all so darn cute! *snuggles them*