CSI:NY- Love, Loss and Life

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by nattybatty55, Dec 3, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

OK I couldn't really think of a title for this one but I do know that this fic will not last forever and die like my others! But this will show the life of a certain child growing up with her New York family and dealing with Love, Loss and Life! Warning Kleenex maybe needed!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room was cold and full of sadness even though this was meant to be one of the happiest times of his life. The man sitting in the corner of the room was holding a small bundle.

‘Hey sweetie’

The small little girl moved to get closer to the warmth of her father as she clenched her small fist around Danny’s finger. Danny smiled at the little girl as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

‘You’re my special little girl now and I won’t let anything happen to you. I’m not going to let your mommy down, ok?’

The child moved again and opened her small eyes as if searching for the spoken person.

‘Mommy’s not here sweetie,’ another tear fell as he spoke, ‘she…she was killed but you are my miracle because the docs managed to save you.’

***Flashback***

‘What can I do for ‘ya Mac?....what? hospital? What happened? Are they ok?’

Danny had raced to the hospital. Mac had told him to get there fast, it wasn’t looking good. Lindsay was had just passed her eight month of pregnancy- she was only going to the grocers.

He ran as fast as he could until he saw a grim looking Mac standing in the corridor,

‘Mac? What happened? What’s going on?’

Mac turned and faced the young man, ‘They took her into surgery straight away, and they had no choice but to perform a C-section! You’re a daddy Danny to a beautiful baby girl even though she’s premature they didn’t need to put her in an incubator.’

‘And Lindsay?’

Mac looked up as fear began to spread over the young man’s face, ‘There working on her Danny but it doesn’t look good!’

‘I don’t understand, how could this have happened Mac?’

‘Witnesses have said that she was caught in the middle of a gang fight one-on-one. One of them panicked when Lindsay said she was a cop and shot her.’ Danny quickly looked up, ‘they only hit here leg but she lost a lot of blood. Luckily the paramedics were close by and it didn’t take long for them to bring her here.’

Danny sat down in the seat next to him as Mac got some coffee for the both of them from the machine next to them.

What seemed like hours later to Danny the door opened and the doctor entered- it didn’t look good. Danny stood up and as the man shook is head Danny lost control of his legs as he whispered her name, Mac just had time to catch him.

***End of Flashback***

As Danny remembered the past few hours he began to cry. Danny Messer hadn’t cried since he was a young boy but Montana was his life and he had lost it.

Danny looked down at the brown eyed girl in front of him, little wisps of brunette hair lay on top of her head. ‘I’m going to miss your mommy sweetie but I got to look after you now and you haven’t just got me you have got the rest of the family ok? And I have a feeling your going to have your uncle Mac wrapped around that little finger of yours as soon as your old enough.’

Danny stood up and walked back towards the cradle, ‘I’m going to go see your mommy now sweetie ok? So go to sleep I’ll be back soon but I have a feeling auntie Stel might beat me to it! I love you.’ Lindsay Montana Messer closed her eyes as her father left the room.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

awww nice start. Can you write more?

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yep im planning to :)

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

***CHAP2***

Danny pushed the door open to the small mortuary in the hospital, he had never had to some to this room before but he noticed it was similar to the room at the ME’s office. It was quite cold and there was a dull light fitting that hung in the middle of the room casting Danny’s shadow on the dark wall. Danny’s eyes were drawn to a rectangular box like object on which his Montana had been laid on top of. He walked over to her motionless form and pulled the white sheet from over her face and sat down on the wooden chair that had been placed close by.

‘Hey Baby,’ Danny said as he stroked her forehead, ‘our daughters a beautiful little girl! Do you want to know what she’s called?’ Danny paused,

‘She’s called Lindsay Montana Messer I named her after the beautiful woman I fell in love with.’ He stopped again as a tear fell at the thought of him living a life with out Lindsay.

‘Our daughter’s the spitting image of you Montana; she’s going to be my mini Montana! I just hope she isn’t as stubborn as her mother.’

Danny sat back and starred at the woman in front of him as he moved his golden wedding band around his finger.

He sat there in silence and lost track of time. When he heard the door open and he turned around and his best friend entered the room. ‘Hey Dan, the nurses haven’t seen you for hours they were beginning to get worried. I told them you were a grown man but they insisted I come and find you.’ He smiled at Danny which he returned.

‘I hope you don’t mind but me and Stel went to your place and got everything ready for the new arrivals return home. Oh the nurses also told me to tell you that you can take her home tomorrow, they just want to keep her here for tonight just encase.’

‘nah, man I don’t mind you at my place as long as you didn’t pinch my beer!’ Danny looked back at Lindsay, ‘Thanks man.’

For the first time Flack looked at the woman in front of him.

‘Don’t Dan…’

Danny turned back around to face Flack, ‘Don’t what Flack?’

‘Blame yourself Danny, there’s nothing you could have done! The guy that did it turned himself in when he realised what he’d done.’

‘I don’t bla…’

‘Dan I’ve knnown you for a long time- you’re like my second brother and I can read you nearly as well as Lins…’ Flack stopped himself he couldn’t bring himself to say the name of the woman that was lying in front of him.

‘So what have you called your beautiful angel any way, those nurses wouldn’t let me in until I found you?’

‘The only name I could think of man,’ Danny paused, ‘Lindsay Montana Messer.’

‘It’s perfect Danny.’

Another 10 minutes later Flack broke the silence, ‘Come on we best get back before I get castrated by those nurses and if we leave it any longer Stella will be all ‘cooed’ out!’

Danny laughed, ‘Yeh give me a minute man!’

‘I’ll be outside Dan.’ Flack turned and left Danny alone once again.

He stood up and kissed her forehead, ‘I love you Montana and there’s no chance in hell that’s changing.’

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like it. Yes, continue soon. :)

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

7. MacsGirlMel

*Cries* this is soooo sad but it's good. More soon!

8. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Beautiful job so far Natty, you can really feel Danny's pain, I'm looking forward to your next chapter. :)

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Glad you like it Linda :D

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap3** (Small chap)

Danny and Flack were walking down the corridor to wards the room where Lindsay was. When they reached the window they saw Stella fussing over the girl in her arms.

‘What did I tell ‘ya man?’

They both laughed as Danny opened the door, ‘Oh look here’s Danny, yes he, yeh he his isn’t he!’

‘Stel it’s pretty scary when you do that!’

‘Oh shut it Flack!’ Stella said as she passed Danny his daughter.

They sat down on the chairs in the room and spent another half another talking. Danny looked down at the girl in his arms, you could tell that she was going to look just like her mother. Danny was glad that a bit of his Montana still lived on.

‘Danny, dan?’ Stella said awakening him from his daydream.

‘Err yeh Stel?’ Danny said as he looked up.

‘It’s 11:30 and me and Don were just going back to the lab before we head home.’

‘Er yeh you too head out I won’t be long. The nurse said I could stay with Lindsay but I want to go home and make sure you two haven’t wrecked the place! But I got to and get some stuff out of my locker anyway.’

‘See ‘ya in a bit Dan.’ Flack said as he got up and clapped Danny on the back. Stella on the other had got up and kissed Lindsay on the check and then turned to leave.

‘Erm Stel, where’s mine?’ Danny said flashing his Messer smile.

Stella walked back up to him and kissed him on the check, ‘There you go Messer!’

‘See you later guys!’

As they left Danny stood up and walked his now sleeping daughter over to the cradle, ‘Ok I’m going now sweetie but the nurses are going to take care of you and remember that Mummy will be watching so don’t cause them any trouble ok?’

He kissed Lindsay on the forehead and lowered her into the cot, ‘I love you sweetie.’ He said as he walked towards the door.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap4**

Danny walked into the locker room and set on the bench in the centre. He put his face in his hands, closed his eyes and tried to process the days events. It didn’t feel five minutes since five in the morning when he had to leave for work and Lindsay had insisted on getting up at four so she could make him breakfast and spend some quality time with him.

At the time he had told her to stop being stupid but she had insisted and had made him breakfast but had soon found themselves back in bed making love to each other- for the last time. He had woken her up just before he left- he didn’t realise he was saying goodbye for good, for the last time. It was now that he was glad that his wife had been the stubborn woman that she was because it had allowed him to spend that extra, now precious, hour with her.

He had been at the hospital for the past 12 hours and the effects were showing. He highly doubted that when he got home he would be able to sleep but as he thought about the man who had shot Lindsay he saw red. He felt like crying out but Danny Messer had no tears left.

Tomorrow would be the beginning of a new life with no Montana by his side since they got married three years ago never mind the two years that they had been dating previous.

He took a deep breath, stood up and opened his locker his eyes briefly looking at Lindsay’s. He battled with himself to look in the locker but gave in and pulled it opened. There was actually quite little in the locker there was a change of clothes, her shampoo and perfume. He looked at the inside of the door and saw the pictures that Lindsay had tacked to it.

He let his eyes scan the pictures of the team on New Years Eve, his favourite was the one of the whole team Sid had took a quick picture of them soon after the 12 o’clock mark. Mac, Stella and Flack were in the middle with Adam and Hawkes on one side and Danny and Lindsay on the other. He and Lindsay (then his girlfriend) were looking at each other with no care in the world bar the other. Everyone on the team agreed that they were perfect together and as he looked at the wedding photo in the centre he knew that they were right.

Before he closed the door he looked at the newest photo of their latest scan where you could clearly make out their child. Lindsay had bet Danny that they were having a girl but Danny had disagreed. Lindsay had been right of course. The child in the picture was now his life and he would do anything to protect her.

He reached into his locker to grab his gym bag and left the room as he heard Mac’s voice.

‘Get him out of hear’ Mac told an officer, ‘He can’t apologise so get him out of my sight before I do something I regret! Make sure he gets booked for murder of an officer!’

‘Yes sir!’ the young officer said as he guided a handcuffed man towards the elevator.

‘Danny!’ Mac said.

Before full realisation had reached his brain his legs and arms had taken charge and the man was now pinned up against the wall as Danny’s arm stopped the man from getting enough oxygen, ‘HOW COULD YOU DO IT, YOU BASTARD!!WHY? YOU DON’T HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU’VE DONE! DIDN’T YOU NOTICE SHE WAS PREGNANT, YOU IDIOT!’

As Danny had been shouting Mac had ran across the corridor and managed to pull the younger man off of the man. The man fell to the ground as he tried to breath again. Mac felt Danny relax in his arms so he let go and Danny headed off towards the elevator without another word- his bag left forgotton, that wasn’t important.

Flack who had just come out of the interrogation room went to go after him but Mac put out his arm, ‘No Flack, he needs to be a lone- trust me.’

Danny walked into the apartment and shut the door quietly. By now all his emotion had been drained- he had nothing left he felt numb and his feet were guiding him toward the bedroom where he stripped and collapsed into bed. He was suddenly overwhelmed by the smell of Lindsay and he automatically fell asleep to the peacefull and welcoming smell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Next time- Lindsay Monatana Messer goes home and danny starts his new life as a single parent with the help of his whole family- but he still has a funeral to plan!

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

12. MacsGirlMel

wow...you totally rock. More soon!

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

great updates I look forward to more :D

14. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Thanks for that PM Natty, should have warned me though, reading chapter 1 I got tears in my eyes, and it didn't get better after that. That was a so emotional start and it ain't over yet, I get the feeling from your 'chap. 5 promo'. But you got me hooked girl. *hmm I wonder if I can give the day more hours with all these fics :lol:*

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks for the FB Jools but you missed...
    :lol: