CSI:NY- Love, Loss and Life

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by nattybatty55, Dec 3, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

**Chap9**- The talk (Tissues may be needed ;))

Marge and Tom had been staying with Danny for two days and every time she had tried to bring up the subject of her daughter he would shrug her off with an excuse like, ‘Lindsay needs changing’, ‘Lindsay needs to be fed’!

And she had decided that she wasn’t having any more of it. She walked in to the apartment after going to fetch some things from the shop and saw Danny sitting in front of the TV with a bottle of beer. Which she had noticed had become his now usual evening routine.

She put the shopping on the side and headed down towards the guest room where she found her husband reading, ‘Tom will you take Lindsay for a walk?’ Tom looked up a little confused but when he saw the look that his wife was giving him he understood what she wanted (needed) to do.

‘Sure,’ He smiled at his wife as he put his book down, took off his reading glasses and walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek. ‘Do you want to come and help me get her ready?’

‘Nope, I’m sure you can cope, but hurry up!’ She said as she kissed him sweetly on the cheek and headed back down the hall towards her son in law.

She walked straight in front of him, switched off the TV and sat in the second armed chair, in one fluid movement.

‘Yes?’ Danny asked knowing what was coming.

‘Danny we need to tal…’

‘I think Lindsay needs…’ Danny stood up but Marge beat him to it and forced him back into his seat.

‘No you don’t Danny,’ Marge said forcefully, ‘TOM?’ As she spoke her husband came walking down the corridor pushing Lindsay in her push chair.

‘I’ll see you guys in a bit,’ He said smiling at the sight in front of him.

‘Great,’ Danny thought, ‘I’m trapped.’ He turned to face Marge and they sat their trying to read each other.

‘Danny, I know that the past couple of days have been very traumatic and painful for you but you have been behaving like you are the only one in this situation! Your friend Don called me yesterday he says that you won’t answer neither of his or your colleagues calls. From what Lindsay told me you were all a tight bunch- more like family than friends. So don’t you think they are hurting as well? This is something you can’t go through on your own Danny and hiding in the shadow of your new daughter isn’t going to help! And I’m not going to let you sit here and drown your sorrows when there are people that need you.’

Danny just looked down at his beer, ‘But…’

‘But what? She was my daughter Dan, don’t you think it’s affecting me! Your child shouldn’t die before you so you don’t prepare yourself for it! I hope you never have to go through that, I really do! But you can’t just sit here forever and block out the world.’

Danny looked up, ‘Danny when I see you with your daughter you make me smile for the first time in days. I see the pain in your eyes because of the resemblance that she has to my daughter but I also see how much you love her, how much you want to protect and care for her. But Danny things aren’t looking good are they for you and fatherhood no! Things are just going to get worse unless you decide to make them better.’

Both Danny and Marge had silent tears rolling down theirs cheeks, ‘I hate to say Danny but Lindsay is dead! She’s not coming back and nobody not even all the love in the world can bring her back!' Marge wiped her eyes as the tears began to flow even more. 'You need to live a life which Lindsay can’t for her and your daughter’s sake. She’s just not coming back!’

As she finished Marge broke down all the tears and emotions that she had tried to hide from Danny and her husband were pouring out. Danny got up and held Marge close to his heart which had been ripped apart at the news of Montana’s death.

As the two sat in the middle of the New York apartment, tears flowing, only time would tell if all hearts would be rebuilt but what they did know for certain was that it would be centred around the little child with the name, Lindsay Montana Messer.

2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Oh that was wonderful! Such talant! Only thing I didn;t like was the whole *sob* thing. It sort of took away from the emotion and made it a little comical. Maybe describe rather than state.

More soon?

Jodie xx

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Adorelo thanks for the advice- when I was writing it I wasn't sure if it fit so I'm glad some one put me straight ;)

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Anytime. You have a great story here. I'll look forward to more :D

Jodie xx

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

awwww more more more! I can't wait lol

6. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

can't wait for more :) It's really good!

7. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

That was heavy! Happy to see you gave an alert out before reading. It would have ruined yet another keyboard. :lol:

Great way Marge had that talk with Danny, now that the dam has broken, it's time to heal. ;) Well sometimes you just need a push.

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks Jools :)- I think I made that vid on YT too early I mean by the looks of this weeks promo I would have had lots of good clips!

Sorry guys, I don't think there will be a update today :)

Oh yeh, for those who haven't seen it already. I got bored and made this!

9. MarineGirl#1

Promo? Promo? What promo? :rolleyes: *Skates of to YT* Whoooiiii :lol:

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I'll Pm you :)

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Sorry guys but RL ben a bit full this week with Christmas and all but I am planning to update on Monday (British time of course ;))

Thanks for all the FB and your Patience :D

12. MarineGirl#1

So I just sit here and wait...wait...wait for Monday :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yep... *tick* *tock* :)

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yeah so post already lol

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok guys i'm back :D- thanks for your patience :)

**Chap10**- Christmas is closer!

It had been a long week for Danny Messer but after Marge’s talk, it had been a happier one. He had realised that there was no point in feeling sorry for himself any longer because he couldn’t change what had happened. He wasn’t the only one that had been affected and his daughter needed him.

He had got his entire apartment decorated for Christmas just how Lindsay had planned and was his way to the Crime lab to do something Lindsay had said she wanted to do this year. He hadn’t been to the Lab since his confrontation with the man who had shot his wife but had been out with Flack one night after Marge insisted and he had also invited Mac to visit to organise Lindsay’s send off.

He turned off the engine and took Lindsay’s car seat out of the back along with two large bags. ‘Come on sweetie, let’s do this,’ He said as he got into the elevator.

As he stepped out the first person he saw was Adam in the nearest lab, he walked towards him and popped his head through the door, ‘Hey Adam, Get yourself down to reception! Tom needs your help, thanks’ and without another word he walked away towards the break room.

Adam was a little confused the last time he had seen Danny he was strangling a man in the corridor and now he was asking him to go and see a man he didn’t know. However curiosity got the best of him so he packed away the evidence and headed for reception.

Danny put Lindsay on the sofa and put the bags he was carrying on the floor beside it; he looked at the Christmas tree and sighed, ‘Look at that sweetie, Mac hasn’t splashed out much has he!’ The tree had a small skeleton like structure and was covered in old decorations that had been put up each year since Danny joined the team, ‘Mummy was right that has got to go!’

Mac and Stella were in Mac’s office trying to find a lead for their case when they noticed Danny move from the elevator to the break room with Adam leaving in between.

‘Mac what the heck do you think he’s up to? Have you seen the size of those bags?’ Stella said as they watched Danny walk around the room and put a CD into the break room’s player. As he pressed a button they heard ‘All I want for Christmas’ begin to play and looked at each other with a mixture of curiosity and amusement. ‘Mac, do you want to go see what he’s up to?’

‘No, I think I’m going to have a look at what he’s doing before I go in and burst his bubble!’ He said with a small smile playing on his lips.

Stella looked back at Danny just in time to see him stuff their Christmas tree in the bin, ‘Now I’m confused.’ Danny walked over to Lindsay and kissed her on the forehead before he reached in his bag and pulled out handfuls of decorations out.

‘Mac,’ Mac turned to look at Stella.

‘What?’

‘Look,’ she pointed at the elevator as Adam walked out hidden by numerous bushy branches followed by two people she had only ever seen in photographs before.

Mac laughed t the sight before him and stood up, ‘Are you coming?’

Stella stood up and followed Mac who was now kissing the woman on the check, ‘Good to see you here, Mrs Monroe,’ She put her hands on her hips.

‘Mac, what have I told you, it’s Marge! Ok?’

Mac laughed and shook Tom’s hand, ‘Tom, Marge this is Stella Bonasera my partner and Lindsay’s friend and colleague,’ he directed their attention to Stella who stepped forward.

‘It’s so nice to meet you Stella we have heard so many things about you’ Marge said.

‘All good I hope,’

‘Of course,’ Tom replied as he kissed him on the check.

‘Mac, Mac?’ Mac turned to face the tree that was talking to him.

‘Yes Adam?’

‘Where’s Danny? This thing’s beginning to itch!’

Everybody laughed at the lab tech that was hidden from view, ‘He’s in the break room.’ He said as Adam shuffled off with everyone watching him struggle with the task that Danny had given him!