CSI:NY - Danvale #2... Continuing the bloodlines

Over at the Staton's, Tony and Claire were still sleeping. Hearing their sister cry, Jimmy and James walked into the nursery.

"Hey now little sis, what is it? Are you hungry, or wet?"

Bringing the bar down on the crib, they lifted her out, and noticed she was soaked through.

"Grab me some clean sleepers for her James, while I change her bum."

Grabbing a diaper, Jimmy removed the wet one, wiped her down, then sprinkled some powder on her before putting on the clean diaper. Then helping James get her into her clean sleepers, he carried her downstairs.

"I'll heat her bottle of milk to room temperature, mom always leaves in the fridge for emergencies. This way we don't have to wake her to feed Julia."

Once the bottle was heated to room temperature, Jimmy took it from his brother, sat down in the rocker, and fed his sister, while James started coffee for their parents.

Hearing the silence on the monitor, Claire panicked. Waking Tony she said...

"I think something may be wrong with Julia, she missed her seven o'clock feeding."

Jumping from the bed, they ran into the nursery and found it empty.

Running down the stairs, they seen their boys laying beside her on the blanket, with the empty bottle on the table.

"Boy's, did you change and feed Julia?"

"We did mom, we thought you and dad might like to sleep in. We made coffee too. You and dad sit, I'll make it." said James.

"I used the spare bottle of your breast milk mom, to feed Julia. I hope that's okay. Her sleepers were also soaked in her pee, so I changed her."

"That's fine Jimmy. Thank you both for letting us sleep in."

"You're welcome mom. We love spending time with our sister. She needs her brothers special love and attention."

Claire teared up. Her boys were so amazingly helpful.

"Here's your coffee mom and dad."

Taking the coffee, Claire felt the wave of nausea hit her. Running from the couch, she slammed the bathroom door and threw up.

"What's the matter with mom, dad?"

Tony grinned. Haa... he caught her. God he was good. Did he not tell her the day of the wedding, that he didn't care if they got pregnant again or not.

"She's pregnant again, James."

"What? So soon. How is that possible? You just had a baby, she can't have another one."

"Sure she can. By the time she has your next brother or sister. You and your brother will be nine, and Julia will be about two months away from being one."

"Whoa... isn't that awful close dad. I mean... Julia will still be a baby. How are we all going to juggle two? When our sister is so demanding all the time?"

"Hmm... I guess we'll figure that out, as we go along. I mean you two were twins, and mom seemed to handle it. So I guess with the two of us together, we can do it."

"I hope so dad. Like I said our sister is very demanding. She doesn't like to share. I really think you both should have waited a few years."

Tony laughed. Jimmy was like a parent scolding his child for misbehaving.

Coming out of the washroom, Claire flopped down, held her stomach, turned to her husband and said...

"Are you proud of yourself. I hate you."

Pulling her in closer, he smartly kissed her. "No you don't, baby. You love me, and you know it."

"Are we really having another baby, mom?"

"Yes James. We are. What do you boys think of that?"

"We're okay with it. But as I told dad, you two should have waited. Julia demands alot of attention. The one thing she isn't going to like, is sharing any of us."

"Yeah... I agree mom. Julia isn't going to like it. You ignore her now, and she screams. Can you imagine having to share us, she'll be ten times worse. Watch... I'll show you."

Bending down to his sister, James whispered...

"What do you think Julia, are you ready for a new baby brother, or sister?"

Opening her eyes, as if on cue, she screamed. Causing her brothers to block their ears.

"See... she doesn't like the idea. She's a very spoiled. She needs constant one on one."

"Yeah mom... it's her way of telling you, that she doesn't want a sister or brother, cause she wants you two, and us all to herself."

Claire laughed. What was it with everyone thinking Julia was spoiled. She wasn't spoiled in the least.

Picking his sister up in his arms, he smelled her dirty diaper.

"Here dad, I think Julia wants her daddy."

Passing her to her dad, he sniffed.

"Thanks alot Jimmy. Appreciate it."

"You're welcome dad, see ya. James and I are going swimming."

Taking off out the door, they left their father to deal with their sisters messy diaper. Looking at his wife, she said...

"Don't look at me, she's daddy's little angel."

Giving Claire an evil look, he walked upstairs with Julia in his arms.

:lol: Loved the ending. It was nice that the boys helped out and let the parents sleep in. Funny how Jimmy was lecturing them about getting pregnant again. :lol:

Meanwhile...

Don was watching Donald, while Jess headed out to pick up some grocerys. Sitting down with the tv, Don flicked on the game. As he watched, he forgot all about Donald and his need to find mischeif.

Grabbing his step and stool from the bathroom, Donald stood on it, and reached into the kitchen cupboard. Looking at all the different foods, he seen the box with the huge bird on it. Not knowing what it said, Donald could care a less. For it was that funny bird that was always on the commercial.

Stepping down off his stool, he tried not to fall. Placing the Froot Loops on the table, he moved his stool to the opposite side and grabbed a bowl. Reaching for a spoon in the drawer, he then opened the fridge and took out the milk.

Once he had everything he needed, he opened the box, and overflowed the cereal all over the table and floor. Not being to worried about it, cause he knew mommy would clean it, he poured the milk. Watching as the bowl overflowed with the fruit loops now floating across the table, he laughed.

Running into the bathroom, he grabbed his boats and placed them in the bowl of milk. Then pouring in more milk, he watched as they sailed out of the bowl, across the table.

"Whoa... this is cool." Looking in the bottom of the milk container, he realized it was empty. Opening the fridge door, he took out the juice jug.

Placing it on the table, he put his boats back into the bowl, and poured on the juice.

"Donald... where are you son?"

"I's in the kitchen daddy. I pay wid my boats."

"Okay. Let daddy know if you need anything."

"I wills daddy. I's okay for now."

Continuing to play with his boats in the milk and juice, he didn't hear his mommy come in.

"Don... where is Donald?"

"He's in the kitchen, playing with his boats."

"What!! You left him alone in the kitchen?"

Looking up at Jess, he gave her a quizical look.

"You damn bonehead. You left a three and a half year old, in the kitchen alone?"

Running into the kitchen, Don heard Jess scream. Getting off the sofa he ran into the kitchen, and seen the floor, table and chairs, with Donalds little boats floating down the raging sea of milk and juice.

"That's it. I can't leave you to watch one toddler? Just what the hell was so important that you couldn't watch him?"

Bowing his head in shame, he whispered... "the game baby. It was the game. I love you."

Givng him the most evil look, she said... "get out. Find somewhere to go and take the spawn of darkness with you."

Picking up his son who was soaked in juice and milk, he said...

"Let's go Donald. Let's get you changed and we will go visit Mac and Alan."

Shutting the door behind them, Jess sat and said...

"Look at my beautiful new cloth and place settings. They are all ruined. Please tell me God. Why do you hate the female species that you torture us with clueless men?"

Knowing she wasn't going to get an answer, she started the clean up of the kitchen.

When Gary arrived home, he found a note from his wife, and a picture of his daughter.

"Gary, took the kids to the bake sale at school, be home soon. Jessie left you a picture of herself, enjoy it, and her silliness. See you soon, love and kisses, Donna, Jessie, and Gary."

Turning over the polaroid shot he laughed. God she looked cute. Placing the picture back down, he decided to head over and pick them up.

Arriving at the school, he parked the car, and walked inside. Heading to the gym, he seen his daughter first.

"Daaaaaaaaaaddy... you came. Did you see my picture? I was a silly clown."

"I seen that, sweetheart. I loved it. You looked very silly."

Walking up to his wife, he kissed her, and took Gary into his arms.

"Did mom show up with Alan, love?"

"She did. Dad even came, but he's been doing more sulking then selling. Mom said he was upset, cause she wouldn't play in the bubbles with him earlier."

"That's dad for you. I just hope I'm that spry when I hit his age."
Donna laughed. "Why don't you go save him, and take the kids out back to the playground.

Walking over with his kids, Gary said...

"Hey dad, grab Alan and lets go outside. We'll give them some run around time on the playground."

Grabbing his sons arm, he pulled him down to his level.

"That guy has a gun Gary. Left jacket pocket."

Looking at the suspect, he didn't look a parent. Leaving his children with his father, he walked over and said...

"Hi, can I help you?"

"No. No, I'm fine man. Just looking for someone."

"May I ask who? Some of the parents are becoming very nervous, cause they don't know you."

Continuing to ignore Gary, he kept walking. Then he seen her, the target. His estranged wife and children. Walking faster, Gary seen him reaching for the gun, tackling him to the ground, the gun went flying, as Gary cuffed him.

Seeing the gun slide across the floor, Mac ran over and grabbed it. While all the parents continued to panic and run from the school. "Gary called Don, to pick up the suspect."

" We still have it dad. You see that? We cleared the school, caught the suspect, and the weapon. How do you feel, dad?"

Mac smiled. "It's better then sex son. I feel so alive again."

Stella slapped him, as she laughed. "You are so bad. Wait till I get you home."

Mac smirked as he thought to himself..."wait till I get you home."

"Why is it, wherever we go, you two always find trouble?"

"I'm not sure Donna. It must be that father, son thing."
With the bake sale now cancelled. they all headed home. While Gary headed to the station with the suspect.

When Donna arrived at home, she got Gary ready for his nap. While Jessie got into the baked goods. Opening all the trays, she took out a flacky looking pastry that was filled with whip cream. Biting into it, she ate the whole thing, then grabbed another.

Moving along to the fudge brownies, she ate two of those too. Then as she got up to get a drink, she felt sick. Her tummy was in all kind of pain. Running down the hall into her brothers room, Donna turned and realized she had been into the desserts.

"Auuugh... you didn't Jessie? How many did you eat?"

"I don't know mommy, but I feel really sick."

"Great. Let's get you into the bathroom."

Taking down the childrens Pepto, she gave her a spoonful, hoping it would either make her sick, or settle her tummy ache. Donna hoped for the first.

Not more then twenty minutes later, Jessie threw up everywhere.

"Oh... I'm so sick mommy. I'm sorry I ate too much."

"I know you are sweetheart. Let's get you into bed, okay?"

Helping her daughter snuggle down, she gave her a kiss, and left the room. Walking into the kitchen, her mom called.

"Hello."

"Hi my baby girl, how are you doing?"

"Good mom. We missed you at the bake sale. It was pretty intense. Some psycho father tried to kill his wife. So father and son, took him down."

"I bet Mac enjoyed that?"

"He did. He really misses it. You can see it. So what did you need, mom?"

"Not alot. You're father and I had a small arguement. I went to the store, he was supposed to be watching your brother. But he didn't, so little Donald flooded the table and floor with milk and juice. He was sailing his boats in it. So I told him to get out with li'l satan, and they headed over to Mac's."

Donna was in tears. Her poor mom. She could just imagine these little boats, floating down the table.

"It's not funny, Donna."

"I"m sorry mom. I can just imagine it. Aww... too sweet."

"Uhuh... so did you feel like doing lunch tomorrow? It's been a while since we've had lunch."

"Sure, I'd love that. How about around twelve or twelve thirty?"

"Sounds great love. I'll see you then. Bye."

Hanging up the phone, Donna got back to putting away the pastries, before Jessie got up from her nap.

Back