CSI:NY - Danvale #2... Continuing the bloodlines

Back at the Dorm,

Robin was eyeing everything around her. Hoping to find something, anything, that she could use against these girls. Hearing the sirens in the distance, the girls knew they didn't have much time to escape.

"Now what Lana? I don't want to go too jail. I don't want to get beat up, or raped by other women, please Lana, do something."

"Shut the hell up Helen, I can't think. Just shut the hell up."

Pushing her up against the wall, she began choking her. Anything to get her to shut up. Seeing her chance, Robin cautiously backed up into her room. Reaching under her drawer for her gun, she noticed it was gone.

"Looking for something Robin?" *Click*. As she heard the gun cock."

Slowly turning, she faced Lana.

"You know, it never ceases to amaze me, how stupid people can be. I mean... you train your days away to become one of New York's finest. Only to have your operation, ruined by an amature. Uncanny, isn't it. I guess it shows that even the average psycho, or nutso, has more brains then some of New York's finest."

hearing the pounding on the door, followed by the...

"Lana... this is the Police, open the door, now!!!"

"Sounds like we have company. Open the window. I said open the window, now."

Opening the window, Robin felt the cold New York air chill her skin.

"Step out. Step out, don't make me ask again."

"But there's no ledge. I'll fall to my death. Please Lana, don't do this. Let us help you."

"Help me? I'm beyond help. Now step out before I change my mind and shoot you."

Robin teared up. She couldn't help it. She never thought she'd be facing death at the age of twenty five. Placing her feet out first, she turned and gripped on to the little ledge with her fingers.

Looking down, she could see a partial landing about twelve feet under her. Deep in heart, she knew even if she landed on it, she would die. Or suffer severe damage to all, or some of her organs, bones, and skull.

As Lana began peeling her fingers away, Gary, Don, Danny, and other Officers booted in the door.

"Come one step closer, and I release her remaining hand. Right now she is hanging on by a thread. Do you really want her to fall to her death?"

"Don't do this Lana. Let her go."

"Oh, no, no, no. You don't want me to let her go. How rude of you, detective Taylor. You hear that Robin. Your detective wants me to let you go. What do you think of that?"

Gary was getting worried. He knew his young Rookie wouldn't last much longer. All he could do was hope, rescue was already in place. Looking over at Don, he seen him shaking his head no. Letting him know without words, that rescueres hadn't arrived yet.

"Please Lana, I'm pleading with you. Let my Rookie back in."

"Please, oh please..waa, waa, waa, all you detectives are the same. When it comes to one of your own, it's..please. When it comes to the murderer or psycho who's ready to take a leap, or kill themselves, it's do it, and do the world a favour."

"No it's not, Lana. Not all law enforcement officers are like that."

"Whatever detective. I've hand enough."

Taking the butt of the gun, she slammed it on Robin's knuckles, at the same time Gary pulled the trigger, killing her instantly. Running over to the window, Gary seen Robin, on the air bag.

"Thank Christ. She's fine. Rescue has her."

Running downstairs, Don found his Rookie in tears, while the EMT's wrapped her broken knuckles. Taking her in his arms, he held her.

"You did good Robin. How you feeling?"

"Like I had my life flash before my eyes."

"Aww... take the rest of the week off. I don't want to see you back at work till you are up to it, understand?"

"Yeah. Thanks. I'll fax you my report."

Watching as they wheeled Lana, and Helen out in body bags, she sighed...

"What makes people do such crazy things?"

"That Rookie, is something none of us will ever know. Get some rest."

Heading back over, Gary asked... "how is she?"

"She's going to be fine. She's strong. She'll bounce back."

"Good. Now let's back to the station. I'd like to get these reports done, and head home to see my family."

Back at the Staton house, Claire tried to get out of bed, when the pain started. Yelling down the stairs, Tony and the boys heard her call.

"Dad... that's mom, what's wrong?"

Running up the stairs, they found her huffing away.

"Baby? Oh God, are you in labor?"

"Yeeeeeees... she hissed out. My water...it broke."

"Jimmy, call 911, tell them to send an Ambulance right away."

"Huff,huff... somethings wrong Tony. She don't want to wait. She's coming. Help me off with my pants, hurry."

While James left the room, Tony stripped off her pants, and out slipped Julia. No warning, no pushing, nothing, not even a scream.

Running back into the room, the boys seen their sister.

"Whoa... aww... look at her, she's so tiny."

Tony suckled the fluid from her nasal passage, and cleared the mucus away from her mouth with his fingers. Then they heard it. The loud bellowing sound of their sister.

"James, run into the nursery and grab one of the clean baby blankets."
Wrapping her in the blanket, he passed her to Claire, being careful not to pull the cord.

"Oh my... oh... hello my little Julia, always in such a hurry, aren't you? Welcome to your new family."

Screaming out another cry, the EMT's came rushing in. After checking the baby's heartbeat, and the mothers, they loaded them onto the stretcher.

"Are you coming with her?"

"No. We will meet you there."

Getting into the car, Tony passed his son the cell phone.

"Call papa and nana, Jimmy. Tell them to meet us at the Hospital. Let them know to tell the rest of the family."

Pulling into the Hospital, Tony paked the car, and ran inside with the boys.

"Okay guys, you wait here for the family. I'm going to check on mom and Julia."

When Tony walked into Claire's room. He seen her already nursing Julia.

"Hello there. You must be the proud papa. You'll be happy to know your daughter is very healthy. She came in weighing 7lbs,4oz. Very alert, and very demanding."

"That's my girl. God... she's so beautiful. Look at all that hair."

Once Claire was done feeding her, Tony took her into his arms, as the family came in.

"Alright Tony, pass over my niece," said Gary. "Forget it son, grandpa first."

"You can both forget it. I get Julia first. Afterall... we've been talking since the womb, haven't we little angel."

Poor Tony. Claire was trying not to laugh. But Tony couldn't get near his daughter. Not with the family snatching her from each other. Even poor Julia was tired of it, as she stretched her body straight, and screamed.

"Whoa... she's loud. What's the matter with her, nana?"

"I think we are being to noisy for her. All this excitment is too much. She's letting us know to stop arguing." she laughed.

Passing her granddaughter back to her father. Julia let out a little yawn, and fell into sleep. Cuddled against her daddy's beating heart.

"Daddy, when can our Julia come home?"

"Tomorrow, with mommy," he whispered.

"Good, that's where she needs to be. So tell me love. How was it to have such an easy labor?"

"It was so fast mom, I didn't even have a chance to push. She was in a hurry, that's all I remember, Tony grabbing her, as she slid out."

"Well... you both did a beautiful job. She's quite the little Princess."

"Thanks mom. I only wish..."

"I know Claire. Now let it rest. You have a gorgeous baby girl, who is going to be very demanding. You'll have your hands full with her. Afterall... she's been spoiled while in the womb. On that note. Your father and I will take the boys for the night, if you like."

"No... it's okay mom, whispered Tony. The boys and I have plans tonight. A special surprise for Julia and her mommy, when they come home tomorrow. But if you like, you can stay with Claire tonight. I'm sure she'd love her moms company. That way we can steal dad, and Alan to help us for the night. Trade for a trade."

After giving kisses all around. Tony, Mac, and the boys headed back home to set up for Claire and Julia's surprise.

Meanwhile...

When Gary got home, he searched for Donna and the kids.

"Hey Donna... where are you honey?"

"In the kitchen Gar. Why?"

"I have some news to share with you. Claire had Julia, she came out weighing 7lbs/4ozs."

"Aww... good for Claire. She must be so happy."

"She is, but I can tell you right now. Julia is 100 percent Claire. She's very demanding, and lets you know exactly what she wants."

"Oh my... those poor boys, and Tony. Especially when she starts showing her own personality."

"She already does. That's the funny thing about her. She's perfect. It's like she's been nursed from the womb."

"She most likely has. I'm sure Claire was very cautious, very loving, and nurturing to her, while in her womb. It doesn't surprise me at all, that she already has a personality.

Picking up his son, he sat him on his lap.

"Hi there daddy's boy. How was your day?"

Looking up at his daddy with wide eyes, he tried to gurgle out a sound.

"Are you trying to talk with daddy? Do you have something to say?"

"He does daddy. He's been gurgling all day. Did I gurgle like that too, daddy?"

Gary wasn't sure what to say on that. He hadn't been there for her first two years. Walking over Donna said...

"You did love. You had a very pretty gurgle."

Smiling widly, Jessie helped her mommy with dinner.

Meanwhile...

At the Staton house, Jimmy and James took Alan into the "Boy's Den."

"Tony... I can't believe it worked. What time is Don and Danny getting here?"

"Should be shortly. I told them after six. Help me set up the poker table, dad."

"Yeah sure, I'll be right there."

Opening the door marked "Girls Den." Mac stood with a mused expression on his face.

"You have got to be kidding me."

"No... I'm serious. This is for the girls. Their own little hideaway from us boys. This is for them to have their one on one time. Just like the boys have the "Boy's Den." It's full of boy things. Then we have the "Family Den." This is for the nights, we spend together, as a family. Which is three times out of the week."

Mac could hear Alan giggling. Opening the boy's den, he seen his son stepping on a huge floor piano. Boy, was ever having fun.

"Hi papa. You see our cool den? Isn't it awesome?

"It is. Very cool indeed. So Claire hasn't seen the new den yet?"

"She knows about the den. But not what's in it. That is the surprise for her and Julia. I was setting it up, while she was resting, or sleeping at night.

"Well... it will certainly be bright. Did you have to go so pink?"

"Girls love pink, dad. Come on, where's your spirit?"

"Claire hates pink. I don't think she'll be sitting in here to often."

Tony laughed... "she'll do it for Julia."

Hearing the door, Tony answered it.

"Bout time you two got here. Where's Gary?"

"Most likely trying to convince Donna, he has a new case."

"Good luck with that. We just finished two." laughed Danny.

"I heard about that. Thanks for all your help by the way. How's Robin doing?"

"She's okay Tony. Three broken knuckles, ten years off her life. But she's a survivor. She'll be back for more."

"Crack out the beer, and chips. Gary the king of cards Talyor is in the hoooooooooooouse."

Everyone laughed.

"Dream on Gary. The only title you'll win tonight. Is the one your wife gives you, when you get home smelling of beer, and cigar."

"Yeah right. Don't you worry about the little woman. She knows who rules the Taylor home."

Lighting a cigar, Gary dealt out the first hand. While the men continued to laugh.

Last edited:
Back