CSI:NY - Danvale #2... Continuing the bloodlines

The following morning, Tony left for the University. He knew this was the first day of their undercover operation. Pulling into the parking lot at the school. He was met by Robin.

"Hey Tony, are you ready for today?"

"Yup. You look great by the way. I wouldn't take you to be a day over twenty."

"Good. If I can fool you, I should be able to fool that Professor. So I'll see you at lunch. I"m going to go around and introduce myself to Lana and Helen."

Walking away Tony watched. How could he not, when she had gone from Rookie to sexy looking school girl.

Heading down the hall, Robin walked up and introduced herself.

"Hi there. I'm Robin. Could one of you tell me where to find the Deans office?"

"Sure. I'm Lana by the way, and this is Helen. so where do come from?"

"Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact. I still need to find a place to live, right now it's at some Motel, which is getting very expensive. I have enough money left for a couple days."

"Don't you have family that can send you money?"

"No. I worked my ass off, just to get this scholarship. My mother and father died two years ago. So I made them a promise that I would succeed. Thanks to their small insurance policy, I made it here."

"Aww... we're sorry Robin. Anyway, here's the Deans office. Why don't you sit with us at lunch. We may just have room for you to stay at our place."

After Robin walked into the office Helen said...

"Place to stay? Damn Lana we don't have no room. Not since we took in Sherry."

"Sherry is an idiot. We get rid of her, and take Robin. She's kind of ditzy. If we work our plan right, we can get her to help us with Prof.Staton. What better way to get rid of him, and we use the new girl as bait."

"Just what the hell do you have planned now?"

"You'll have to wait and see. Now let's get to class..."

Meanwhile...

When Candice showed up at NYPD, the Officers went wild.

"Damn... God damn. Hot gorgeous babe at three o'clock," said Simms.

"Hello beautiful. Can I help you?"

"I sure hope so handsome. I'm looking for Det.Danny Messer."

"Messer? What the hell you want him for? When you can have me."

Taking her finger, she tweeked his nose.

"I'll tell you what Officer..looking at his desk, she seen his name. I'll tell you what Carl. When I'm done with Danny. I'll come see you."

Swallowing hard, Simms showed Candice to Danny's desk.

"Hey Messer. Your visitor is here."

"Hey Candice, have a seat. Thanks Simms. You can go now."

Once Simms left, Danny walked her down to Gary's office.

"Gary... Candice is here."

Looking up, Gary said... "Hello, I"m Det.Taylor. I'm glad you are willing to help us out. But you need to follow everything we tell you. If not, then none of us will succeed in putting him away."

"Sure. I have no trouble following direction. Though I have one question. Did he really... um..."

"Yes, he did. I understand if you want to back out."

"No. No, I'm fine. It's just kind of shocking to here things like that. It kind of feels like you're in some bad horror movie."

"Yeah. Yeah, it does. So what we are going to do, is get you wired up. One piece will be a very small microphone, so we will be able to hear your conversation. Second is a microchip, that is programmed into our computers. This way we can follow where he decides to takes you.

We will also send you downstairs and have you work with one of our training officers, on some simple self defence moves. In case things get out of hand, you'll be able to at least try and fight till we can get to you."

"Now... what if he finds the microchip, or microphone?"

"He shouldn't. For you won't allow him to get that far. Just watch him carefully, if you see him reaching for something, be ready for it. He likes to drug his victims into unconciousness, before he assaults and skins them."

"Skins them? I wasn't told that part."

Gary looked up at Danny. "Explain Messer."

"Hah... I thought for sure I told her that. Hm... I guess I didn't, sorry Gary."

Sighing deep, Gary realized, they may have just spooked her into saying no.

"Listen Candice. You can change your mind. as far as I'm concerned you should have never been asked to do this in the first place."

"I have no choice now."

"Whay is that?"

"He knows where I live, where I work. He has my personal number. I have no choice now. So just promise me, you'll keep me safe."

Gary wasn't sure how to respond. How the hell could they promise her something like that? They couldn't.

"I'm sorry Candice. That's one promise I can't give you. We will do our best, but to promise that would be unfair to you. For nothing in undercover police work is ever guaranteed."

"Okay. Get me wired up. I'm putting my trust in all of you, please don't let me down."

Helping Candice into her equipment, Danny then took her downstairs for some training. When they were done. Candice headed to the bar to meet Kennith.

"Alright guys, this is it. Let's keep her safe."

Listening carefully they heard...

"Hi Candice, I"m glad you could make it."

Meanwhile...

Back at the Staton's, Claire was sitting in a tub full of bubbles, before her boys and Tony got home. Talking to her daughter, she didn't realize Tony was listening from the door.

"So tell me my little Julia. Do you love the bubble bath? Can you feel the warmth against you my little angel?"

Feeling the ripple, Claire sighed deep. God her daughter was so alert, so wonderfully alive.

"You know that mommy, daddy, and your brothers Jimmy and James, are waiting to love you. You are going to be the luckiest girl in the world. You know why? Your father, Mr.Anthony Staton, is a wonderful man. He's full of love, he pampers, spoils and loves to give kisses. You are going to have your daddy, wrapped around your little finger, as well as your brothers. Yes you are Julia."

Then when you're a little older. I'll talk to you about how I met your father. It's a wonderful story. You'll love the part where I called him Indian Jones. He always hated it. But that's what your daddy looked like back then. With his dark rich skin, sexy rough look, and Indiana Jones like hat."

Giggling to her daughter, she felt Julia rippling through her like crazy.

Is that funny my little Julia. I can feel your laughter as you ripple through me. Just don't let daddy know we are laughing at him. Oh my Julia, I love you sweetheart."

Hearing the bathroom door open, she seen Tony standing there looking at her with such love, such sensual desire. Watching as he dropped his clothes, Claire admired his gorgeous form. He was so bronzed from head to toe. Just everything about him put every one of Claire's nerves on edge.

Nearing the tub, Claire slid up, as he slid in behind her. Leaning her back against his chest, he placed his hands on their child.

"Hello Julia. How is daddy's little angel?"

Feeling her follow the direction of his warm hands. He smiled.

"Is that daddy's angel girl talking to her daddy. Are you telling me about what you and mommy talked about?"

Not feeling any ripple, Tony had to laugh.

"She's very smart Claire. Too smart. Aren't you my Julia?"

Feeling the ripple again, Tony and Claire both laughed.

"Good girl Julia, you and I will keep all kinds of mother, daughter secrets together. won't we sweetheart?"

Feeling the ripple again, Claire whispered...

"How about sleepy time now for Julia. Mommy and Daddy will talk to you again later tonight. We love you Julia."

Feeling the ripples and kicks stop. Claire realized her mom was right. Their daughter was lonely, and just needed someone to reassure her, she wasn't alone in her dark womb. Helping his wife out of the tub, he carefully dried her, and helped her into her velor tracksuit.

Then bending down, he kissed his daughter, as he took his wife by the hand, leading her to their bed.

"Which way did you want to rest baby? Left side or right?"

"I think I'll try the right. Julia's been leaning to the left alot. I don't want to hurt her."

"I don't think you'd hurt her baby. I'm sure she's very comfortable."

Tony loved the way his wife, nurtured their daughter. Always she was so protective of her.

Once she was comfortable in bed, Tony spooned into her back, while his hands caressed his daughter.

"You rest Claire. I'll take care of dinner. I love you."

"I love you too, Tony."

Climbing out of the bed, he covered his wife and daughter up. As he left the room.

Meanwhile...

Back at the University, Robin had found a place to stay with Lana and Helen. Unpacking her things, she set up two small bugs in the apartment, along with two little camcorders. Once she was done, she headed out to update Gary, and make sure they were working right.

When she arrived at the station, she couldn't find them.

"Hey Simms, where's Messer, Flack, and Taylor?"

"They're working on a stakeout, for the serial case."

"Shoot. Listen I have to get back. Can you let them know everything is set up with the equipment."

"Yeah... no problem, see ya."

After Robin left, Simms got a call out, leaving him to forget to write down
the information for Robin's where abouts.

Meanwhile...

Following on foot, Danny watched, as Candice took Kennith back to her apartment. Knowing Don was already inside, hidden. He went back to let Gary know it was all in order, and everything had gone as planned.

Waiting outside the apartment with Gary. Danny was wondering how everything was going on the inside.

"Do you think she'll be okay Gary?"

"Yeah. I can hear her talking to Kennith, so far so good. Though I'm getting a little worried. I haven't heard from Robin yet. When I called her, I got no answer. Hopefully she's okay."

"I'm sure she is. If there is one thing about Robin, she's professional, and smart. Anyway, I have some news to share with you."

"What? Now? In the middle of an undercover operation," he laughed.

"Yeah now Gary. Judy and I getting married. Just a quick little marriage."

"God damn. You're kidd'n. Danny Messer, tying the knot?"

"Yeah... I have to. Not only because I've fallen inlove with her, but also because I'm going to be a father."

"Auuuuuuuuuuugh..." came the scream from upstairs. Running out of the car, they headed up to the apartment. Opening the door, they found Kennith already cuffed, and Don reading him his rights.

"Holy Shit Don... what the hell man? What happened Candice?"

"Kennith came at me with the syringe. But before I could move, I froze on the spot. Next thing I know, Don came flying out of the closet like Superman, knocked Kennith down, and cuffed him. That's why I screamed. I didn't know Don was in my closet."

"Way to go Superboy," laughed Danny.

"Funny Danno. I believe the lady said, Superman."

"Did she? I must have missed that part."

Heading out of Candice's apartment, Danny said...

"Listen Candice. When you apply for the role of detective. Call us, we'll give you a great reference."

"Really, oh God. Thank you, so much."

"It's the least we can do. Take care. We'll contact you when the court date is set."

Shoving Kennith into the car, Gary got in the back with him.

"We can play this one of two ways Kennith. You can tell us where the other bodies are, and avoid the death penalty. Or you can tell us nothing, and get the chair."

"Screw you. I have nothing to say."

Pulling into the station, They led Kennith into the Interrogation room. Undoing the cuffs, Danny took one hand and cuffed it through the link in the table, giving Kennith one hand free to write his confession.

What happened next, was so quick to the naked eye. Kennith reached inside his shirt, where he had two syringes hidden. Pulling them out he jabbed them into his neck, releasing two air pockets. Killing him instantly. Running in from the other room, Gary and Don did everything they could to try and revive him. But it was too late."

"Forget it Gary, he's gone."

"Shit... I didn't see him. Damn... I'm sorry Gary."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. You did everything right. We searched him and found nothing. He was smart to hide them under his shirt, he knew we'd miss them with his coat on. We have it all on video. IAB will be happy with it. The only part that saddens me, is that we will never find those other bodies."

Handing over all the information to IAB, they were satisfied, and informed Gary there would be no internal investigation. Heading back to his office, he checked his messages. Finding nothing from Robin, he turned on the surveillance equipment, and listened....

"So tell us Robin. What do you think of our University?"

"It's amazing. So huge. The Professors are great too. They were very helpful."

"Oh they are. Who do you have?"

"I have Prof. Devens, Prof.Jenkles, and Prof.Staton."

"Nice. With Devens. Make sure you always put up your hand. He only chooses the students who don't. He's funny like that. As for Jenkles. Sit at the back, he tends to spit when he talks. Trust me, you'll get soaked. As for Staton. He's one to stay away from. We call him the sweeper."

"The what?"

"The sweeper. Cause when you're alone with him, he likes to sweep his hand across your thigh, or arm. Sometimes even the hair. We think he's preverted. You know... there has even been talk, that he attacked a student, and tried to... well... you know."

"But he's married, has two boys, and a daughter on the way. I don't think, he'd ruin his reputation like that."

"Trust me Robin. They are all players. How are you grades?"

"They kind of suck. Why?"

"Well... how would you like them, not to suck. How would you like to score higher grades?"

"How?"

"Can we trust you?"

"Yeah... why. What is it I have to do?"

"If you help us set up Prof.Staton, we will make sure you ace all your courses."

"You're crazy. I don't want any part of it."

"What did you call me? Crazy. Nah... I'm not crazy. Are you crazy Helen?"

Robin wasn't sure what was going on. All she knew was that Gary and the team better be on their way. These girls were damn psycho. She could see it in their eyes. Just how the hell did Tony not see it? When she couldn't miss it.

"Um... what happened to the other girl, you had living here?"

"Hm... would that be grated Sherry? Well... she never use to be grated. But now she is. Know why?"

Shaking her head no. Robin knew she could make a run for it. But the chances of making it out the door, were slim to none, and just where the hell was Taylor, Messer, and Flack?"

"Cause we grated up her face. We tore her skin everywhere. You should have seen it. Then we called an Ambulance, and told them that we found her like that. Then the Police came, and took a report, God what a mess. I think the Officers name was Simms.
Then we heard him on the radio talking to dispatch, that they needed to inform Det.Taylor, that their girl Robin had everything in place for the sting operation at the University, concerning Prof.Staton. Imagine that. Officer Robin."...."

"Yeah, Officer Robin, said Helen. So we found your little bugs, and camcorders, and we trashed them. Just like we are going to trash you, when we are finished toying with you."

Meanwhile...

"God damn it, work. Damn piece of shit."

"What the hell Gary. What's wrong?"

"I can't get the damn equipment to work. I don't get it, it was working fine earlier."

Flack's only thought was, the girls had discovered it. How, he wasn't sure."

Coming down the hall, Simms seen Flack.

"Hey Flack. Did you get my message?"

"What message?"

"That Robin said she had everything in place. I called you from the University."

"The University? What the hell were you doing there?"

"We had a call, a young girl was sliced by an unknown assailant. Had her face torn good. I had to take the report from two young girls. One named Helen Fredwicks, and the other Lana Trender. They were her roommates."

"Give me the damn dorm room number, Simms. Now."

Passing him the report they took off with Simms in tow.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?"

"Yeah... you may have just got Robin killed, with your God damn phone call."

Taking off, they hoped to hell they got there in time.

Back