csi miami season 8 (Speculation)

Look, I miss the imperial walk of the team on the beach when they walked all toghether in s2 finale episode and maybe this is the only thing I'm looking forward to for s8

I so agree with this. the team spirit really needs to come back in this show.

These are my hopes for s8 I'm sorry if you don't argee this is just the way I feel and my own persona opinion.

1. No more E/C (I'm a die hard EDeN shipper, but for right now I think there shouldn't be any couples in this show so it will stop being like a saop opera. If I wanted to watch a soap opera I would turn on The Young & The Restless and watch it. EDeN didn't last more than one season and neither should E/C, I'm sick to my stomach of the overbearing storyline.)

2.Ryan actually being treated like a team member, and not a screw-up outcast. Give the guy a good storyline that dosen't envolve something bad happening to him or because of him.

3. TPTB lets quit ignoring Natalia. She's a member of the team too and a damn good one. Give her a storyline, she needs some good screen time.

4. Lets mix up the work partnerships Eric/Ryan, Eric/Natalia, Ryan/Calliegh, Calliegh/Natalia, Horatio/Team, Horatio/Calliegh, Horatio/Natalia, Horatio/Eric, Horatio/Ryan, Frank/Calliegh, Frank/Horatio, Frank/Ryan, Frank/Eric, Frank/Natalia, Yelina/Natalia, Yelina/Calliegh, Yelina/Eric, Yelina/Horatio, Yelina/Ryan, the Team working together on one case, hell bring back Jake if you have too there are options!!

5. A team walk both at the beginning and end of the season would be much appreciated.

6. Maybe one big arc for the whole season where all the cases are connected, and the Team has to work together to solve it, but the amswer dosen't come until the season finale.

I'm new to the board, so hi every1.
I just wanted to say that every1's opinion is valid, I see where everythings coming from, but we can't fault the actors and or characters for following the script, and I'm going to leave it at that :)

Ummm, what I hope in s8?
1. More of the E/C relationship (HUGE Hiphuggers fan), which includes Eric safe return
2. More playfulness as in means of jokes etc between characters
3. Alexx back (wishful thinking)
4. Episodes taking longer than a hour to solve
5. More aspects of the characters life

Alright if I think of ne thing else, I'll be in touch

Hi Calleighfan06!

I wish we could have a season-arcing storyline that was more riddle-ish, if that makes any sense. Miami has storyline arcs, but they all involve some sort of gang or mob. :rolleyes: Seriously, next season it's going to be Horatio vs. the Irish riverdancing gang. What about storylines like the minitature killer or the Cabi killer? I know not everyone was fans of those storylines, but at least they were more intriguing. Everyone is always emphasizing action with CSIM, and that's fine, I understand it's a part of the show, but I want to see more plot. I'm tired of just watching things blow up and seeing Horatio save the day. The show has seriously lost a lot of cleverness in its writing.

Things I'd also like to see:

-More Natalia
-More Frank
-More Kyle, maybe give him a little one episode storyline of his own
-Less explosions, shootouts, and human trafficking rings :rolleyes:
-NO MORE gangs or mobs. It is so overdone that it's getting ridiculous
-Horatio acting like a human being
-A Vegas or NY crossover perhaps? I wouldn't mind another one of those
-No E/C. I don't think I need to expound on this. I just really hate the storyline
-Continuation
-Bring those lab guys back, they were cool
-Less gizmos and weird technology
-tone down the color

I'm sorry that I caused such a heated debate in here, I guess I'm passionate in my neutral opinion. I'm just saying that we should sit back and smell the Miami roses and really enjoy what the writers have given us.

And I strongly disagree with the group, there has been team interaction. Now I admit, I didn't see it at first but it's there. The Miami team show they care by actions, teasing, anger, dissapointment, I think everyone wants them to wear their emotions on their sleeves and it doesn't work like that in Miami. They show their love by actions.

1. You don't chase after a guy on foot if you didn't care.

2. You don't confront a friend about a drug problem and then turn them in because you don't care.

3. You don't help your leader try to exnonerate his son from a crime he didn't commit if you didn't care.

4. You don't ask a friend if they are alright (because they're obviously not) because they have a busted lip and a missing tooth if you didn't care.

And I can name tons of other instances. This team has show time and time again how much they care for each other. So the writers forgot to put a line in there, it would had been great to see the whole team conserned about Calliegh, but that didn't mean they weren't. They have jobs to do and a killer to catch, and they know that the person in the serious situation would want them to do their jobs first and think about them second. This is what makes them a great team!

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see them sitting around a table at a bar popping a few beers and having a good time, but I'm not going to get in a tiff about it if I don't. :)

Oh, and in defense of my favorite character. Ryan was created specificly to be the black sheep. Period. It's going to stay that way and that's exactly how I like it. We're upset because Ryan always gets the bad storyline...I'm just glad he's getting one!! It's more of him to drool over, and isn't that really what we all want? LOL!!

I'm curious to all those who think the inclusion of E/C is turning the show into a soap opera...How is that possible when none of the episodes with the exception of two or three involved their relationship directly? What makes them different from Vegas' GSR or NY's D/L? Would it be better if just had no relationships on any of the CSIs? I'm not trying to cause a big argument, I'm just trying to understand your position. Soap Opera is a strong term to use in a situation like theirs, and I strongly believe Miami has not become that at all.

What i want in new season:

1) Ryan's storyline, something more then one ep.
2) Natalai's storyline... just give her something finally!
3) Less EC (it's not me if i don't mention it :lol:), i'm sick from this storyline.
4) More Horatio\Kyle scenes.
5) More detective!!! Not soap opera!
6) Alexx and Yelina should be back.

I am so with you on these Orla Dark. I would just add, give us more FRANK TRIPP, Too! I like Tripp, I love the Trippisms, and it's time he gets a girl friend.:) Ryan needs stories where he is not always put in a questionable light. Natalia needs more that 2-3 minutes of screen time per episode. Definitely, get the main focus off E/C. I could care less if their dating or not, but I'm tired of the E/C soap opera and it being presented so highschool-ish. When a grenade goes off in a restaurant and your working a horrible scene with human body parts scattered about... What do we get... C smiling at E. :rolleyes: I use to really like these characters, but because of all the E/C focus in S6 and so much more in S7, they are now down at the bottom of my CSI:MI Team list. Definitely, time to get rid of wacky Saris and let "HazMat Julia" go out the door with him.

I would love to see Kyle start college and start interacting and having issues with people his own age. Then H could do the parent thing and help him with those issues and growing into a mature young man. He could still intern, but get him out of the morgue more. I think it would be great to have a Kyle and Ray Jr. interaction and story, and maybe even include young Madison. I've heard this idea from a lot of fans. :thumbsup:

More detective and CSI work but keep the police action (I love the H-ERO action). Just keep it realistic. I was disappointed when a certain CSI: MI writer (now gone) compared H to Dirty Harry. H has never been like that. Dirty Harry cared about one thing and one thing only... take down the bad guys. Never mind if he put all his partners (most died), the public and even young school children at very high risk in his "take out" mode. H has mainly put himself at risk and I've never seen him put children at risk in his criminal "take down" pursuits.

I resent that a cast member would call this show cartoonish compared to the other CSI shows. :confused: Episodes like WITNESS TO MURDER and LOST SON should have won Emmys. The early seasons had wonderful, realistic and moving stories. One problem I've noticed in the show, lately, (besides the C/E soap opera) is too much focus on partying-types and rich people that have nothing better to do than murder someone for really mundane reasons, etc. The show feels like it it being shot in S. California and has lost it's Miami flavor. Get off the hype and hoop-la. The cast and the police action already keeps this show different than the other CSIs.

Definitely, if anyway possible... bring back Alexx. I miss her so much. And... it's time for Yelina to be back in the show regularly. Seeing her in the S7 finale just made me miss her character more. Sofia Milos is a beautiful and talented actress, and I love the H and Yelina chemistry from the earlier seasons. It was 10 times better than the recent H and "she-devil" stuff.:devil:

H-COOL said:
I would just add, give us more FRANK TRIPP, Too! I like Tripp, I love the Trippisms, and it's time he gets a girl friend.
Oh no, i forget about Frank :( I love his funny comments, i love his interaction with Ryan (Dust monkey moment :lol:), i'd love to see more!
H-COOL said:
When a grenade goes off in a restaurant and your working a horrible scene with human body parts scattered about... What do we get... C smiling at E.
Thats what i hate, tptb obviously think that we can't have any ep without EC, they die if don't show something about them.

miamifan08, i didn't saw all NY, so i can't tell about D\L relationship. But i saw LV from s2 to s8 and i never saw that GSR was over the show (i'm not GSR fan at all). There was little moments about that relationships, Grissom or Sara never dreaming on crime scene about their relationship and their relationship never distract them from case, and i don't remember Grissom or Sara cover each other about something. GSR with all my dislike never was too much. EC romance is totally different story, they too much, they(ok, Delko) dreaming on crime scene, when die all around they smiling (what H-COOL mention), Calleigh n-times cover Delko and this didn't help him or their work!

That's fine Orla_Dark, you have every right to dislike E/C...everybody has a right to. But saying that this storyline has turned this show into a soap opera is being a tad disrespectful to the show (My opinion). I watch soap operas and they are a lot worse than anything Miami has had. I just think a lot of people are determined to hate them no matter what they do and I think that's a little unfair to them. But i digress, I'm not trying to change your mind. I just want people to take a step back from their opinions and try to look at the bigger picture.

-So what if Eric was daydreaming...we all do it at work. Does that mean that he's an unprofessional prig who needs emotional support wherever he goes?

-So what if Eric and Calliegh were smiling at a crime scene, Jake and Calliegh did it on occasion too, and lets not even get started about EdEN! When lovers love people in secret, they have to get their moment whenever they can.

- How can it be shoved down our throats when, and I've done the research, their relationship has been has been the focus of like...two minutes of an 44-minute episode since Sink or Swim. Oh yeah, i'm feeling the soap opera-ish tendencies there! :rolleyes:

-Think about it this way...For what the writers could come up with as far as E/C, this is tame :). At least they're not all over each other at random times like a certian couple on a NY show who shall remain nameless...:shifty:

Miami is what it is and if it bothers people this much watching it...and I really hate to be this strong about this...stop watching it.

Now before I get beaten to death with rocks...here are my season eight speculations.

1. We will get some kind of action like resolution with Eric/daddy/Calliegh and I will be glued to the tube for every single I'm sorry and make up kiss that occurs! :)

2. We will get a Natalia storyline! We shall! I can feel it! :)

3. Ryan is not an alien (though if he was he would be a insanely cute one! :drool:) and I think we're going to meet his family next season and finally get to explore that very private part of his life and how it efffects him. Yay for more Ryan maturity! And him shirtless, the Eric fans got what they wanted...twice...and now it's our turn!

4. Horatio/Kyle interaction, with Julia gone the potential is more wider to explore their father/son relationship. I really want to see Horatio return to that human part of him that I fell in love with in the early seasons and I think they're coming back to that by using Kyle.

and Orla...I hope you still love me after my rant(s), I'm a very very passionate lover of Miami. *hugs* :)

I'm sorry that I caused such a heated debate in here, I guess I'm passionate in my neutral opinion. I'm just saying that we should sit back and smell the Miami roses and really enjoy what the writers have given us.

And I strongly disagree with the group, there has been team interaction. Now I admit, I didn't see it at first but it's there. The Miami team show they care by actions, teasing, anger, dissapointment, I think everyone wants them to wear their emotions on their sleeves and it doesn't work like that in Miami. They show their love by actions.

1. You don't chase after a guy on foot if you didn't care.

2. You don't confront a friend about a drug problem and then turn them in because you don't care.

3. You don't help your leader try to exnonerate his son from a crime he didn't commit if you didn't care.

4. You don't ask a friend if they are alright (because they're obviously not) because they have a busted lip and a missing tooth if you didn't care.

And I can name tons of other instances. This team has show time and time again how much they care for each other. So the writers forgot to put a line in there, it would had been great to see the whole team conserned about Calliegh, but that didn't mean they weren't. They have jobs to do and a killer to catch, and they know that the person in the serious situation would want them to do their jobs first and think about them second. This is what makes them a great team!

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see them sitting around a table at a bar popping a few beers and having a good time, but I'm not going to get in a tiff about it if I don't. :)

Oh, and in defense of my favorite character. Ryan was created specificly to be the black sheep. Period. It's going to stay that way and that's exactly how I like it. We're upset because Ryan always gets the bad storyline...I'm just glad he's getting one!! It's more of him to drool over, and isn't that really what we all want? LOL!!

I'm curious to all those who think the inclusion of E/C is turning the show into a soap opera...How is that possible when none of the episodes with the exception of two or three involved their relationship directly? What makes them different from Vegas' GSR or NY's D/L? Would it be better if just had no relationships on any of the CSIs? I'm not trying to cause a big argument, I'm just trying to understand your position. Soap Opera is a strong term to use in a situation like theirs, and I strongly believe Miami has not become that at all.

miamifan08 I don't think peple want the characters to wear their hearts out on their seleeve I think that people want to see more than just Eric and Calliegh working together and Ryan and Natalia working together, there are lots of different ways this can be mixed up so different people work together and that is what is meant by team interaction. We know they care about each other even if they don't show it all the time, and I agree it would be nice to see them after hours having a good time.

As per Ryan I understand that he is the black sheep and it makes him drool worthy which is what we want, but even the black sheep does some good. In my view there is onlt two more things TPTB can do to Ryan and that's either kill him off or fire him permanately, and then what will there be to drool over?. I'm not bashing because I do love Ryan, but unless Horatio reitres and places him in charge (Highly unlikely) there is only so much for him to do storyline wise.

Now as for the whole E/C arc I disagree with you, I think soap opera is a very appropriate term to use. Take for example s4 when Eric was dating Natalia, the two didn't have to be shown doing couple-like things the audience just knew and visually the relationship only really last for two or at the max three episodes. TPTB didn't show the progression of their relationship as they have done with E/C, they didn't have to show, Eric leaving gifts , Eric calling, they two stealing glaces, waking up together in the morning, kissing, or anything they have shown with E/C becuase it wasn't necessary and that is I think some people call it a soap opera. It seems that the patter of the show has become this:

Open the show focused on the crime ...E/C... theme song ....E/C....more about the crime and solving it...... twenty minutes of E/C....solve crime and catch the killer....E/C...end show.

Now yes this is shortened and a tad bit exaggerated, but this is what to some of us the show has become, it has focused less and less on the crime solving, and more and more about waht will make or break E/C. I haven't watched Vegas in a while and I haven't gotten into NY so I can't comment on those relationships. Maybe relationships on those shows work out better, but I don't think Miami needs to have relationships on the show, or better yet (I hate to sound like Stetler but it's a useful point) no relationships between co-workers and just have them in relationships with other people out side the team. So far I see that that has worked for example:

Horatio/Rebecca Nevins (S1 I believe)
Horatio/Rachel Turner (s4...she was killed by Resden, but who knows what could have happened if she styaed alive)
Horatio/Marisol (s4)
Horatio/Julia (I know she's crazy but they had to work out at some point they have a kid together)
Speed/ Pam (s1...Pam was only mentioned we never actually saw her, so I assume it was his girlfriend)
Ryan/Erica (s3 and maybe s4)
Eric/ Gloria (assumed s4...I know she was kinda crazy too but he liked it for a little while)

Aside from having no relationships on this show have the characters have relationships with people outside the team is the only way I see the relationship thing working. Naturally we're going to want to see our favorite characters with the person of our choosing and that just human, butif they are happy with a person outside the team then we'll finally be able to see them happy in a relationship and we won't have to rip each other's voice boxes out to do it (yes I'm exaggerating with the ripping out of the voice box bit, so don't kill me).

and lets not even get started about EdEN! When lovers love people in secret, they have to get their moment whenever they can.

E/C is loving in secret and it's the same for them. With EDeN you just knew they were together with E/C you have to be shown that's in my opinion the difference. EDeN only had at max three really big visual shipper moments E/C has whole scenes and is starting to become the main focus. EDeN started as somewhat of a friendship, they dated, they broke up they were not the main focus, a majority of what was being shown was about the case once again that is the difference. I understand that you don't like EDeN and you have every right not too, but let's be realistic with what we have see in the case of both couples.

Last edited:
miamifan08 said:
That's fine Orla_Dark, you have every right to dislike E/C...everybody has a right to. But saying that this storyline has turned this show into a soap opera is being a tad disrespectful to the show (My opinion). I watch soap operas and they are a lot worse than anything Miami has had. I just think a lot of people are determined to hate them no matter what they do and I think that's a little unfair to them. But i digress, I'm not trying to change your mind. I just want people to take a step back from their opinions and try to look at the bigger picture.
It's ok, everyone have their opinion, i think it's soap opera, not only EC. H finding his 16 years old son, Eric find out that his father is not his father and his bio-daddy in mob\criminal... It's all too soapy for show about crime! Imo, of course.
miamifan08 said:
Ryan is not an alien (though if he was he would be a insanely cute one!:drool:
If he is alien i wanna leave on his planet :lol:
miamifan08 said:
Yay for more Ryan maturity! And him shirtless, the Eric fans got what they wanted...twice...and now it's our turn!
Shirtless Ryan! We should make a petition about that :)

miamifan08 said:
and Orla...I hope you still love me after my rant(s), I'm a very very passionate lover of Miami. *hugs*[/qoute]
Don't worry about that *hugs* I can't friend only with people who bashing Ryan (it's doesn't mean that it's bad people, just i can't be friends with them ;))

Mrs.DelkoWolfe, i agree with all your post! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
As per Ryan I understand that he is the black sheep and it makes him drool worthy which is what we want, but even the black sheep does some good. In my view there is onlt two more things TPTB can do to Ryan and that's either kill him off or fire him permanately, and then what will there be to drool over?. I'm not bashing because I do love Ryan, but unless Horatio reitres and places him in charge (Highly unlikely) there is only so much for him to do storyline wise.
Mrs DelkoWofe, you are the only person I have seen with that opinion besides my self .I said the very same thing last summer.I believed you can only go so far with a black sheep storyline.This summer, I don't say it with the same strong opinion of last summer.The mistakes and whatever it was that irritated some fans about Ryan seems more balanced with a character that has really good moments .Ryan has his flaws,but he has the ability to be a great guy and team player.Also(this is just my opinion) Ryan's character can sometimes cause such passionate debates among fans and nonfans,that TPTB would keep coming up with storylines for this character.TPTB would want to keep him around because of the reaction he causes among the viewers.
I resent that a cast member would call this show cartoonish compared to the other CSI shows. :confused: Episodes like WITNESS TO MURDER and LOST SON should have won Emmys. The early seasons had wonderful, realistic and moving stories. One problem I've noticed in the show, lately, (besides the C/E soap opera) is too much focus on partying-types and rich people that have nothing better to do than murder someone for really mundane reasons, etc. The show feels like it it being shot in S. California and has lost it's Miami flavor. Get off the hype and hoop-la. The cast and the police action already keeps this show different than the other CSIs.
The show didn't start out this way and I don't think would have been described this way at the start,it evolved into what we see today.I would like to see a little more diversity as far as the cases.Crimes can and do take place in middle class as well as poor neighborhoods.It would be good to see some of that from time to time.
Ryan is not an alien (though if he was he would be a insanely cute one! :drool:) and I think we're going to meet his family next season and finally get to explore that very private part of his life and how it efffects him. Yay for more Ryan maturity! And him shirtless, the Eric fans got what they wanted...twice...and now it's our turn!
I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.I like that Ryan is more mature.Don't really care if he is shirtless or not,but I know it will make other fans happy.

Last edited:

-So what if Eric was daydreaming...we all do it at work. Does that mean that he's an unprofessional prig who needs emotional support wherever he goes?

-So what if Eric and Calliegh were smiling at a crime scene, Jake and Calliegh did it on occasion too, and lets not even get started about EdEN! When lovers love people in secret, they have to get their moment whenever they can.

- How can it be shoved down our throats when, and I've done the research, their relationship has been has been the focus of like...two minutes of an 44-minute episode since Sink or Swim. Oh yeah, i'm feeling the soap opera-ish tendencies there! :rolleyes:

-Think about it this way...For what the writers could come up with as far as E/C, this is tame :). At least they're not all over each other at random times like a certian couple on a NY show who shall remain nameless...:shifty:

Miami is what it is and if it bothers people this much watching it...and I really hate to be this strong about this...stop watching it.

Miamifan08, I couldn't have said this better, you're good :p I can't agree more with you!!

About the soap opera, and Miami doesn't live without E/C in every episode, I'm going to say this:
- In season 7, 25 episodes, we had Resurrection, Won't Get Fueled Again, Raging Cannibal, Bombshel, Gone Baby Gone, Power Trip, Tipping Point, Presumed Guilty, Divorce Party and Chip/Tuck without any E/C moment; We had big moments on Head Case, Smoke Gets In Your CSI's, WISC, Seeing Red; we also had tiny moments on the rest. So let's make counts, in 25 episodes we had longer moments in 4 episodes, and shorter moments, like 1 minute or less on 9 episodes and no moments in 10 episodes. So, I really don't see that soap opera :rolleyes: But anyways, like I said before, everyone had the right to have their opinion :)

Now as for the whole E/C arc I disagree with you, I think soap opera is a very appropriate term to use. Take for example s4 when Eric was dating Natalia, the two didn't have to be shown doing couple-like things the audience just knew and visually the relationship only really last for two or at the max three episodes. TPTB didn't show the progression of their relationship as they have done with E/C, they didn't have to show, Eric leaving gifts , Eric calling, they two stealing glaces, waking up together in the morning, kissing, or anything they have shown with E/C becuase it wasn't necessary and that is I think some people call it a soap opera. It seems that the patter of the show has become this:

Open the show focused on the crime ...E/C... theme song ....E/C....more about the crime and solving it...... twenty minutes of E/C....solve crime and catch the killer....E/C...end show.
Ok, so let me see if I get it, you think E/C is soar opera just 'cause TPTB didn't do that with EdeN?? :rolleyes:
EDen didn't work, E/C is working, so why don't give them a change?

The thing with the partner, I don't get it I really don't get it!!! Can someone give me an example of a episode when this happenned??

csifann1 said:
Ok, so let me see if I get it, you think E/C is soar opera just 'cause TPTB didn't do that with EdeN?? :rolleyes:
EDen didn't work, E/C is working, so why don't give them a change?
She write that EDeN never take over the show, tptb had this relationship whole s4, if it didn't work they end it after couple eps. IMO, tptb just don't wanna write it like major storyline, but they did it with EC. It was tptb choose how show this two romances, not wrok\ didn't work thing.

csifann1 said:
About the soap opera, and Miami doesn't live without E/C in every episode, I'm going to say this:
- In season 7, 25 episodes, we had Resurrection, Won't Get Fueled Again, Raging Cannibal, Bombshel, Gone Baby Gone, Power Trip, Tipping Point, Presumed Guilty, Divorce Party and Chip/Tuck without any E/C moment; We had big moments on Head Case, Smoke Gets In Your CSI's, WISC, Seeing Red; we also had tiny moments on the rest. So let's make counts, in 25 episodes we had longer moments in 4 episodes, and shorter moments, like 1 minute or less on 9 episodes and no moments in 10 episodes. So, I really don't see that soap opera
We saw EC thing almost in every ep. Tiny or big, it was. And it's not only 4 ep, you forgot And How Does That Make You Kill, Cheating Death (the whole girls like flowers thing), And They re Offed, Flight Risk. IMO, be better if they show 2-3 ep with EC (little or big) and all other eps about detective (it's detective show, right? In s7 i start forgetting it)

I have been reading these posts with interest and wanted to comment.

We are all obviously passionate about this show and our favorite characters and that is why our comments and complaints could be looked as bashing. Even though we all have different ways of expressing ourselves, we all want this show to be the best it can be. I realize that the writers are doing the best that they can but the writing isn't as consistant as it could be. I agree with Florry, why couldn't a line be inserted for one of the characters to ask how Calleigh was? It was as frustrated, being a Ryan fan, watching WISC. Ryan was missing, he comes in the next day looking as if he went several rounds with Mike Tyson and all tath could be mentioned was was he gambling again?! All the dots were there, they just weren't connected very well.

As for the team aspect, I am not looking for a group hug either. Ivan S mentioned, to H, in And They're Offed that he team was "falling apart" which I believe is true. I miss the team brainstorming that occurred when Speedle was there. First thing they need to do is ease up on the tension between Eric and Ryan. The end of this season (after WISC) was better any time since Ryan joined the lab. I am not saying these two need to be buddy-buddy but the constant sniping doesn't promote team unity. I think what people (or what I want anyway) are lines inserted showing concern (I'm glad you're okay, are you alright, things like that). Maybe I am misreading the rest of you; hopefully not.

Just my two cents. What I would like to see in S8 (hopefully I would undo everything I just said:lol:)

1. Ryan's family. He is the only character outside of Frank whose family member we haven't met. Maybe storylines that aren't getting him into trouble all the time and taking more of a leadership role in the lab,basically continue his maturity.

2. ANY story lines for Natalia and Frank

3. More Mike Travers and Dave Benton

4. Continue growth and fatherly inteaction for Kyle.

I completely agree with you: We are not in bashing but rather in 'plotholes'! I love this show, it is great fun to watch and there is a certain amount of self-derision, like the 'Sunglasses of Justice' or Horatio's absolutely hillarious one-liners...but there are also plot holes. Wolfe in Sheeps Clothing -while I loved this episode for rather different resons - is a good example. We are offered a crime show "close to reality" so to say and there we have:

1) A giant Humvee with a giant CSI sign left by the roadside with a flat.....guys, even a blind copper close to pension would see a Humvee by the roadside and ask himself -even half drunk - the question, where the CSI going with the Humvee might have gone;)

2)Delko calls Wolfe, who's still on mission (fetching that Cameron West character with the big teleobjective and the cam) and Ryan does simply switch of his cell.....and nobody realises it: Even with Delko probably dead tired at the end of a hard day....all his alarms should have gone off immediately!

3) Morning after, you get a CSI who looks rather ....disheveled..and this together with a straightforward threat from Ivan Sarnoff the Russian mobster....and all Calleigh thinks of is gambling? Well, poker may be rough sometimes, but hardly ever a player gets out in such a state as Ryan was in.....I can admit that Horatio with his sunglasses may have missed the signs, but Calleigh and Eric....they see the guy every day.

4) Wolfe's behaviour throughout the day....If I have a habitually very good CSI behaving suddenly as if he just started first year 'Forensic Science' and looks as guilty as the famous cat....

I believe, that while the writers gave us an exciting show, they simply got so enthralled by their plot, that they forgot about plotholes. And since they have to work at high speed with an episode per week, this happens rather often. I do not mind really and watch the whole CSI Miami with great delight....but occasionally I feel, that I'd love to send the writers just a tiny little mail, encouraging them to re-read the script before handing it over to production.

And it is correct: We'd need in Season 8 finally Ryan's backstory and also a bit more about the recurring LabRats etc.

Perhaps it would be good to bring H. back down to a more human level and also re-write some spirit into the team (I am not against the Ryan-Eric snipping, it makes the show spicy), but as of late, the team really fell a bit apart and it is as much Sarnoff's doing as that of the script writers;)

Seriously, next season it's going to be Horatio vs. the Irish riverdancing gang

:guffaw: I'd actually love to see that!

I do think though that Miami sometimes takes pointers from Dallas' storylines. I've mentioned on several occassions that on Dallas, JR found out he had a teenage son just like H. Plus, we also had that whole "who shot Horatio" storyline (even though technically no one did lol) and we also had that on Dallas with JR. :) Although Miami's writers did add an interesting twist to "who shot Horatio". :lol:

Last edited:
GregNickRyanFan said:
When you put two characters together, it sometimes kills other pairings for some people. Example: I used to be a Sandle shipper (that is Greg and Sara on Vegas), but then they put Sara and Grissom together. After that, I found myself not being able to ship Sandle anymore because for me I thought of Grissom like a father figure for Greg and Greg being with Sara after she was with Grissom for me was just too much. That to me would be like some guy sharing a girlfriend with his father, or dating his father's ex. It's just too weird for me. :lol: So, while I loved some pairings, from looking at a whole perspective, it probably would be better on this type of show not to put any of them together (at least not any two currently in the opening credits).
That was i said in dislike thread, better no romance on the show. For me as CaRWash fan it's hard still ship them because of all EC stuff. I still love CaRWash, but now it hard and i'm not enjoying this show as i was before, when there wasn't any romance :(

Back