csi miami season 8 (Speculation)

Ok, so let me see if I get it, you think E/C is soar opera just 'cause TPTB didn't do that with EdeN?? :rolleyes:
EDen didn't work, E/C is working, so why don't give them a change?

The thing with the partner, I don't get it I really don't get it!!! Can someone give me an example of a episode when this happenned??

I'm not saying that because TPTB didn't do to EDeN what they are doing to E/C and E/C is only working so far, we don't know with their last few arguments if they would work. E/C is is a soap opera because it is so forced and the fact that is has to be shown, and the fact that it has become a main storyline and taking the forefront and focus of the show.

Now as for the partener thing, please recall that I did say Working partners. For example when Eric and Ryan worked together in Deviant looking for the posters of the pedofile and in Nailed even though Ryan technically worked with Calliegh, but Eric was the one that drove him to the hospital, but at least they interacted. Or when Calliegh and Ryan worked together in that same episode. How about when Jake asked Eric to take over the case when Calliegh got shot at. Even better in s7 Horatio and Natalia working together. Even more perfect what happened to the trio's like in Three-Way that was Eric, Ryan and Calliegh! That's what I'm talking about. What's not to get? TPTB needs to show more than just Eric and Calliegh working together (another reason why they have become like a soap opera they always have to be shown together.)and Ryan and Natalia working together. Mix it up a little, as per my previous post there are options even if they need to bring back Jake.

I hope that clears it up for you csifann1.

Last edited:
the Team working together on one case, hell bring back Jake if you have too there are options!!
At this point, I really think he was the only normal left on the show. Too bad they had to dump him off somewhere in Miami :rolleyes:

6. Maybe one big arc for the whole season where all the cases are connected, and the Team has to work together to solve it, but the amswer dosen't come until the season finale.
Ok I'm not saying that they should have another miniature killer even on this show, but please can we have a serial killer the team has to chase throughout the season? :devil:

- How can it be shoved down our throats when, and I've done the research, their relationship has been has been the focus of like...two minutes of an 44-minute episode since Sink or Swim. Oh yeah, i'm feeling the soap opera-ish tendencies there! :rolleyes:
It's not the amount of scenes (trust me you can calculate all of their scenes together that still, your research remains pretty useless ;)), but it the quality of them that makes the difference ;)

I'm curious to all those who think the inclusion of E/C is turning the show into a soap opera...How is that possible when none of the episodes with the exception of two or three involved their relationship directly? What makes them different from Vegas' GSR or NY's D/L? Would it be better if just had no relationships on any of the CSIs? I'm not trying to cause a big argument, I'm just trying to understand your position. Soap Opera is a strong term to use in a situation like theirs, and I strongly believe Miami has not become that at all.
I just want people to take a step back from their opinions and try to look at the bigger picture.
Well I'ma little bit tired to discuss about E/C since we're talking about them almost in every thread concering the show here, but all I'm going to say is this: While I learned that Sarah and Grissom got together at the end of s6 with a great scene of them in their bedroom right after we learned that Sarah had feelings for him during s2, we had to watch Calleigh and Delko "hiding their feelings" for 2 years. They're a couple? Well I'm perfectly fine, but when I have TPTB who have to create Delko's injury in order for him to finally realize his feeling for Calleigh...yeah I feel this is a soap opera. It's exactly the same as Tylor's ressurection (I think she has already restored to life 3 times) from "The Bold and Beautiful" or JR's one from "Dallas". Yep when I told about this Delko's storyline to one of my friend, who doesn't watch this show, she asked me "are you kidding? A man with a bullet in his temporal lobe? On CSI? Great :rolleyes:"

Saying that it's soap opera I'm not offending netiher the real Soap Operas neither CSIs b/c that's what a soap opera is!

But, then again, we're not discussing about the term "Soap Opera" for this show or about E/C b/c, otherwise, I'd watch a different show and I'd be ready to give up writing on this forum.

Yeah I'm a little bit tired of this kind of arguments. For god's sake people are just expressing their opinion about what they'd like to watch on this show in the future.
OFC, who doesn't enjoy the couple will never say that they'd love to see some new development of it. And, OFC, hiphuggers will never stop saying that they'd love them to have sex or TPTB to develop a little bit more this great storyline.
So what? Is that really difficult for anyone to just cope w/ it? I mean
- hiphuggers, please, stop making questions on why some people think this is a "soap opera" b/c. I perfectly know that you really want to understand, but this is an aspect I'm 100% sure you'll never understand b/c yeah, let's admit it, you're too focused on it to even understand that some people will never be able to cope w/ it.
- non E/C fans, it is useless to always say that you would like E/C to break up. It becomes too obvious and you'll never covience hiphuggers. OFC, you'll never agree with them on this aspect b/c that's how it should be.

If you enjoy this couple, you'll never understand people who don't like it....NEVER!
If you don't enjoy it, you'll never learn to love it....NEVER!

So yeah this "argument" ( I do appreciate both parties ;)) is just useless at the moment. No one will never get the point he/she wants and we'll just get mad to eachother getting this thread too heated, when there's no really need to heat it on such a stupid topic like this because, trust me, that's what it actually is espcially considering RL :rolleyes:

I resent that a cast member would call this show cartoonish compared to the other CSI shows. :confused: Episodes like WITNESS TO MURDER and LOST SON should have won Emmys.
Well as much as I love Emily Procter, I've always disagreed with this statment b/c yea she's the first on to think about the show in this way.

I'm not saying that it's her fault b/c, trust me, I really can see where she's coming from since yeah I laughed a lot during this season even watching some pretty intense scenes. That's how TPTB have been picturing this show.

Yes I agree with you b/c, absolutely, it wasn't like this in the earliear season. Surely, when Speed was on the show, we had some great episode and I also agree with you that some of them should have won Emmys.
Again, with this new policy of TPTB I rally don't see how anyone of the cast can ever win an Emmy for this show :shifty:

Definitely, if anyway possible... bring back Alexx. I miss her so much. And... it's time for Yelina to be back in the show regularly. Seeing her in the S7 finale just made me miss her character more. Sofia Milos is a beautiful and talented actress, and I love the H and Yelina chemistry from the earlier seasons. It was 10 times better than the recent H and "she-devil" stuff.:devil:
I really wish they could bring back Sofia Milos as a regular, not to mention that I'd love to see her back as a detective. Yeah I miss this aspect of the character, not to mention that she had some great moments also with Emily Procter and Jonathan Togo.

I'd also love to see Alexx back and I'm just recieving more and more news whcih tell me that
Megalynn's character is going to be replaced by Khandi. Yeah, IDK how it is possible considring the fact that Khandi is working also on another show, but I'm sill recieving this kind of news :confused:
So let's keep our finger crossed.
Still I'de love also an older person as an M.E. like Dr. Robbins from CSI:LV ;)

And I also would love to see a little bit more of Kyle b/c, while I wanted to strangle him on his first episode, now, he's become too cute :adore:

Last edited:
Welcome Calleighfan 6!

Thanks GNRF for the information about the ATF agent at the beginning of Resurrection.:thumbsup: Gotta watch that eppie again:)

Oh, and in defense of my favorite character. Ryan was created specificly to be the black sheep. Period. It's going to stay that way and that's exactly how I like it. We're upset because Ryan always gets the bad storyline...I'm just glad he's getting one!! It's more of him to drool over, and isn't that really what we all want? LOL!!

As per Ryan I understand that he is the black sheep and it makes him drool worthy which is what we want, but even the black sheep does some good. In my view there is onlt two more things TPTB can do to Ryan and that's either kill him off or fire him permanately, and then what will there be to drool over?. I'm not bashing because I do love Ryan, but unless Horatio reitres and places him in charge (Highly unlikely) there is only so much for him to do storyline wise.

How about a reformed black sheep? His development as a CSI and a human being seems to be evolving from a unmature hothead to a mature valuable member of the team who could provide real leadership and mentoring. Everyone grows and matures and every experience changes us and helps us to grow. (well, that's the theory:lol:) and this could continue to happen to Ryan into s8. There are a lot of story lines out there for Ryan if the writers are willing to write them.

I completely agree with you: We are not in bashing but rather in 'plotholes'! I love this show, it is great fun to watch and there is a certain amount of self-derision, like the 'Sunglasses of Justice' or Horatio's absolutely hillarious one-liners...but there are also plot holes. Wolfe in Sheeps Clothing -while I loved this episode for rather different resons - is a good example. We are offered a crime show "close to reality" so to say and there we have:

1) A giant Humvee with a giant CSI sign left by the roadside with a flat.....guys, even a blind copper close to pension would see a Humvee by the roadside and ask himself -even half drunk - the question, where the CSI going with the Humvee might have gone;)

2)Delko calls Wolfe, who's still on mission (fetching that Cameron West character with the big teleobjective and the cam) and Ryan does simply switch of his cell.....and nobody realises it: Even with Delko probably dead tired at the end of a hard day....all his alarms should have gone off immediately!

3) Morning after, you get a CSI who looks rather ....disheveled..and this together with a straightforward threat from Ivan Sarnoff the Russian mobster....and all Calleigh thinks of is gambling? Well, poker may be rough sometimes, but hardly ever a player gets out in such a state as Ryan was in.....I can admit that Horatio with his sunglasses may have missed the signs, but Calleigh and Eric....they see the guy every day.

4) Wolfe's behaviour throughout the day....If I have a habitually very good CSI behaving suddenly as if he just started first year 'Forensic Science' and looks as guilty as the famous cat....

I believe, that while the writers gave us an exciting show, they simply got so enthralled by their plot, that they forgot about plotholes. And since they have to work at high speed with an episode per week, this happens rather often. I do not mind really and watch the whole CSI Miami with great delight....but occasionally I feel, that I'd love to send the writers just a tiny little mail, encouraging them to re-read the script before handing it over to production.

And it is correct: We'd need in Season 8 finally Ryan's backstory and also a bit more about the recurring LabRats etc.

Perhaps it would be good to bring H. back down to a more human level and also re-write some spirit into the team (I am not against the Ryan-Eric snipping, it makes the show spicy), but as of late, the team really fell a bit apart and it is as much Sarnoff's doing as that of the script writers;)

I have been thinking the same thing and I couldn't have said it better, thank you!!!:thumbsup:

I also agree with Mrs.DelkoWolfe: more mixing up the work partnerships, a season long case involving all and a season ending team walk:):thumbsup:

Re: the idea of Alexx coming back full time:

It is quite possible to do two drama shows at the same time (Im assuming Khandi's other show is a drama). It has been done before. :)

This whole Tara/Alexx thing has me confused. I really feel like tptb have left too much up in the air, & I just don't "get" why there has been no confirmation -- what's the big deal!?!
Now, don't get me wrong, I love Alexx, but I just can't see how they could bring her back full time as the ME with a good enough reason as to why she'd want to return - the character, not the actress.
Alexx is an adult & she knows what's good for her & her family - her head is on strait & when she said she wanted to quit so she could be there for the living, it was understandable & quite believable, so I'm trying to figure out exactly how they could even possibly work her back in full time with a good reason - it just really wouldn't make any sense to me.
Personally, yes, I would rather see her working alongside Kyle moreso than Tara, but I'm having a hard time imagining how & why she'd return, IF this is the case. She misses the team? I'm sure she does, but a "reason" like that just isn't going to cut it for me storyline-wise, & I'm not sure there would be any other reason why she would want her old position back as an ME. Please keep in mind, I'm speaking of the character & her reasons, not the actress.

In all honesty, I have to question if tptb even know what they're doing with the ME situation! I feel like they've left it open hoping Khandi will return for the role, but also leaving it unofficial about Megalyn/Tara just in case Khandi refuses. :confused:

If I remember correctly Alexx mentioned to Horatio in Smoke gets in your CSI's that her son had gotten a job and she had some free time in her hands so that's why she was working part time at the hospital. So I was thinking that maybe they could say that her son went off to college (since TV kids grow twice as fast) and anyway last year I think he was already 16 and so since her daughter got a job she was left with not much to do around the house. Maybe that can give her an excuse to go back since her family is pretty much set on their ways. *shrugs* just a thought.

I think she left to take care of her family. But, I think the girl was older, so she was probably already in college. And the boy looked like he might be old enough to be in college now. So if both of her kids are in college now, she may feel like she can come back now cause she wouldn't need to be home during the night anymore for her kids.

I think she left to take care of her family. But, I think the girl was older, so she was probably already in college. And the boy looked like he might be old enough to be in college now. So if both of her kids are in college now, she may feel like she can come back now cause she wouldn't need to be home during the night anymore for her kids.
I believe in the earlier seasons,the daughter was younger,but probably not by much.They both are probably old enough that Alexx may feel comfortable returning to the lab at least part time. I would think that at least one of her kids is in college and the other in high school.I am looking forward to finding out if Alexx will be back,even for a short visit.

What I would want in season 8:

More Frank....he's just too great a character to ignore. More scenes with him and Ryan and him and Calleigh. Those tend to be funny in one way or another. He gently abuses Ryan in a comedic relief kind of way and they go the physical comedy route with him and Calleigh. The height difference is one and him needing to give her a boost and end up with, because of their vast height difference, her butt in his face. I don't get tired of it.

More Natalia. I love Eva LaRue and have ever since All My Children. I want to have her have a meaty storyline than spans several episodes, not necessarily continuous, but more reoccuring. She's got game; let her bring it on.

Kyle to go off to college and Horatio retire. Seriously, since we're stating opinions here....I never liked Kyle and thought the Horatio Daddy drama far over the top. I haven't liked Horatio since early season 5 when Super H started making appearances and after To Kill a Predator I have lost all respect for the character. Speaking as someone that works daily with children who have more traumatic personal issues before they're even 10 than most adults, we know that Horatio beat the snot out of the pedophile. While pedophiles are useless bags of skin and a complete waste of DNA, when you are an officer of the law, you may NOT take the law into your own hands. You are not judge, jury and executioner....you arrest and let the courts do the rest of the work. He should have been severely reprimanded if not suspended.

Did I say more Frank?

Eric found and fallout with Calleigh. It's already set up so it gonna happen. For non-hiphuggers, sorry, but for me, Yay! I'm a hiphugger and want to see this played out. There will be fallout. We saw from the finale that Calleigh is obviously being consumed by guilt and worry so much so that she couldn't rein in her emotional reaction. While head-blind H might take her reaction at face value, the viewers know otherwise.

Ryan, while I love the character to death, he's had a lot in the past seasons. He's had a lot this season, too.

TEAM BUILDING I want to see more team effort with things. A season long story arc like the Cabbie Killer or the Miniature Killer would be good. I loved both of those storylines. Miami is due one without it beeing mob related in any way.

No more mob/gangs/drug cartel crap.

More unsolveds. Ones you just can't catch. Curse of the Coffin was the last one.

More humor. These actors have talent and can do comedy. Give them some and let them run with it. Bring the funny. Give them a murder at a location and within a circumstance where the funny just has to happen as they investigate just because the situation is so outside their normal realm. Again, Curse of the Coffin as an example.

Individual character development.

Kenwall Duquesne. I adore this character and his sympathetic portrrayal by John Heard. He's a messy complication for Calleigh but I love this character. Despite his eternal struggle with alcohol, it's obvious that he loves his daughter and would move heaven and earth for her if he could. Yet, when he's on the drink, he needs the parenting. No wonder Calleigh has issues. I love Kenwall and all his flaws. Bring him back!

More Yelina. I love Sofia Milos and think she's been horrifically underused. Let her come out of retirement as a homicide detective and back into the MDPD fold.

Less extra lab guys and bring Valera back. Maxine was CSIM's version of Abby Sciuto from NCIS, only in DNA and not broad forensics. She is quirky and fun. CSIM needs more fun. So, ergo, more Maxine Valera. I can so see Ryan hooking up with Maxing in many ways. She'd draw him out of his comfort zone for sure.

More follow-up on personal issues. Eric is pretty covered, but I want Ryan's OCD to rear it head more often and create problems for him. They went from OCD to addiction with him and they don't necessarily go hand in hand. Yes, they are each a kind of addiction, but folks who have OCD aren't necessarily addicts and addicts are not necessarily OCD. I don't know the statistics on it, it doesn't seem likely for the two chemical disorders to cross pollinate like that.

Calleigh's struggle with her dad's alcoholism. Not necessarily her rescuing him more but dealing with the personal demons that she's obviously developed because of it. I saw Emily's interview in Monte Carlo and I really think her idea needs to be pursued if she and Eric are going to work. She has personal issues with trust and a wholr lot more. Commitment, family issues and I think even the possibility of motherhood are serious barriers for her. Emily said that she'd love Calleigh at one point to walk into an ALANON meeting and admit that she's got issues.

Did I mention more Frank? 'Cause he's awesome. Frank can be dramatic and romantic, your back-up and buddy. He can be gentle and concerned and he can bring the funny on. Frank's psyche needs exploration and his characte expansion. MORE FRANK!

Ryan, while I love the character to death, he's had a lot in the past seasons. He's had a lot this season, too.
Actually not so. He get's a good episode or two during the season and that's it. People tend to talk about his episodes a lot.In the last several seasons, the episodes where he is featured more tends to happen toward the end of the season.Even after he was fired,he would appear for a few minutes per episode and not be seen again.Season six was not a good one for him. We actually don't know a lot about his character,no more than Frank after several seasons.He hasn't had so much that he shouldn't have just as much everyone else in season 8.
The entire team needs good storylines for season 8.
Team building and unity really needs to be highlighted.

I want to see MORE Horatio, not less. This is one of the things I didn't like about season 7. Horatio is like MacGarrett of Hawaii 5-0. He's the main character of the show, so I was surprised when the focus wasn't on him as much last season. And I like his dark "Dirty Harry" side as well as his compassionate side. As long as there's a balance, I'm happy.

I want to see Horatio and Rick Stetler working on the same side in season 8. There was a good start to this at the end of last season with the Saris storyline. Rick and/or his superiors thought it was a good idea at first to use Saris as a confidential informant, then Rick realized when talking with H in Dissolved that Saris wasn't someone who should be trusted. I want to see H and Rick work together to find out more about what good ole Ron is up to. What about that threatening note Ron got? Who sent that to him since it wasn't Julia?

Please, please, PLEASE have David Lee Smith in at least 12 episodes throughout the season, whether it has to do with the Saris storyline or not. Just FINALLY put him in the show more and keep him there. And Rick could get a promotion, too. He could get promoted to some kind of new, interesting position that causes him to be working more with Horatio.

OK, so I'm a MAJOR David Lee Smith fan, no doubt about that. Some of the other things I want to see this next season is Horatio interacting with Kyle. They had some great scenes last season, and Evan Ellingson (sp?) is a good actor. And they need to pick someone good as the M.E. for him to interact with when he's working in the morgue.

And I like that Travers guy. So I hope he continues to be on the show.

Oh, and as far as Tara not really being quite gone, and maybe coming back to get some kind of revenge, all I can say is YIKES! :eek: I don't think I want to see that.

I have more, but I'll post it later. :)

Actually not so. He get's a good episode or two during the season and that's it. People tend to talk about his episodes a lot.In the last several seasons, the episodes where he is featured more tends to happen toward the end of the season.Even after he was fired,he would appear for a few minutes per episode and not be seen again.Season six was not a good one for him. We actually don't know a lot about his character,no more than Frank after several seasons.He hasn't had so much that he shouldn't have just as much everyone else in season 8.
The entire team needs good storylines for season 8.
Team building and unity really needs to be highlighted.

Thank you, greatfan. You said exactly what I was going to about Ryan. He definitely hasn't had a lot. One ep here or there... and most of it was negative stuff. Why can't he have something much better like a case getting to him the way the case in Vegas' "Turn Turn Turn" got to Nick. Instead of him being forced to compromise a case for whatever reasons. The only ones in the main cast Ryan's got more storylines than is Natalia and Frank. And that makes sense in a way for Natalia cause Ryan's been there longer than. And they've never really developed Frank much anyway. Aside from him being a divorced man with some kids and being Texan, we don't really know much about him personally.

Oh, and as far as Tara not really being quite gone, and maybe coming back to get some kind of revenge, all I can say is YIKES! :eek: I don't think I want to see that.

Agreed. The only way I can see her back is if she's behind bars and one of the CSIs goes to her for her opinion on a case cause they haven't yet found a replacement for her. Or possibly someone wanting revenge on her for stealing their loved one's property (maybe they think she stole something else that's missing besides the pills) and maybe they attack her and the CSIs have to solve her murder or possibly attempted murder.

Back