csi miami season 8 (Speculation)

We do accept it,that's why we keep watching it. It is improvement that we want,some of them really small. Florry you mentioned the not caring about Calleigh when she was hospitalized,how hard would it have been to have Ryan or anyone ask over the phone her condition? How hard would it have been for anyone to ask Ryan how he was,he was there in the attic too, though not as long a Calleigh.Sometimes it's little things that can make things better.

It was just stupid, Ryan worry about her when he get slap from widow, but he didn't ask about her when she almost die.
Totally agree with you on this. I didn't mention Ryan's condition just b/c he was let's say fine after the fire and since no one asked about Calleigh, I didn't expect anyone to ask about Ryan, at all :lol:.
I mean they didn't even ask about a person in the hospital. How could you expect them focusing on a character who's shown perfectly fine?
They never asks about Ryan.

Florry you mentioned the not caring about Calleigh when she was hospitalized,how hard would it have been to have Ryan or anyone ask over the phone her condition? How hard would it have been for anyone to ask Ryan how he was,he was there in the attic too, though not as long a Calleigh.Sometimes it's little things that can make things better.
I agree with some of what you want to see for season 8,not all.:)
Totally agree with you on this. I didn't mention Ryan's condition just b/c he was let's say fine after the fire and since no one asked about Calleigh, I didn't expect anyone to ask about Ryan, at all :lol:
I really didn't expect anyone to ask about Ryan.That's pretty much a given that no one would. I'm glad he can bounce back quickly from the fire,tortured,being close to being blown up and shot in the morgue.
They don't need to focus on someone that appears fine,just ask, like anyone of us would do if it were our co-worker.

Ehm sorry I don't think you got Florry's opinion...
As far as I undrstood from your discours, Flo wasn't absolutely talkbing about the single, but she was referring to the whole team, I mean in 7x20 I got pissed off when Calleigh and Delko treated Ryan in that way, but it's not the topic, now I believe Flo wanted to say the the team spirit, which was the key feature of CSI:Miami for 5 season....
Calleigh's case, in that episode, pissed me off b/c the episode was great even with hiphugger scenes, which I hate since I'm a CaKe fans, but I really missed the team spirit.
Was that difficult for TPTB to make a scene like Man Down with the whole team standing at Calleigh's bedside?
I miss the feeling I hade in the previous seasons. Look, I miss the imperial walk of the team on the beach when they walked all toghether in s2 finale episode and maybe this is the only thing I'm looking forward to for s8

They don't need to focus on someone that appears fine,just ask, like anyone of us would do if it were our co-worker.
Ok I think you and Orla didn't understand my statement, at all :p

I'm not saying that Ryan is a bastard, or that he should have behaved in a better way. I'm not saying tha he deserved wha happened to him later and I'm not saying that whatever, he was fine and it was perfectly fine for the others to ignore him.
I'm not selfish and I'm not that stupid.

For god's sake all I was trying to say is that if it really is that a comic book as both miamifan08 and Emily Procter say this show is, well TPTB have a serious problem with the concept "RESPECT"! :scream:

I don't care whether it is Ryan, Calleigh or Eric. I'm not defending anyone and I'm not attacking anyone so there's no really need to complain even about this stupid little detail 'cause that's what it is. I just made a stupid example so there was no really need to complain about Ryan't treatment 'cause that not what we're talking about.
I was talking about my idea of a comic book which is something comic with at least the decency of showing some respect for eachothers, something they haven't done lately....everyone on this show

Last edited:
I'm not saying that Ryan is a bastard, or that he should have behaved in a better way. I'm not saying tha he deserved wha happened to him later and I'm not saying that whatever he was fine and it was perfectly fine for the others to ignore him.
I didn't thought you mean that Ryan bastard ;)

Ok I think you and Orla didn't understand my statement, at all :p

I'm not saying that Ryan is a bastard, or that he should have behaved in a better way. I'm not saying tha he deserved wha happened to him later and I'm not saying that whatever, he was fine and it was perfectly fine for the others to ignore him.
I'm not selfish and I'm not that stupid.

For god's sake all I was trying to say is that if it really is that a comic book as both miamifan08 and Emily Procter say this show is, well TPTB have a serious problem with the concept "RESPECT"! :scream:

I don't care whether it is Ryan, Calleigh or Eric. I'm not defending anyone and I'm not attacking anyone so there's no really need to complain even about this stupid little detail 'cause that's what it is. I just made a stupid example so there was no really need to complain about Ryan't treatment 'cause that not what we're talking about.
I was talking about my idea of a comic book which is something comic with at least the decency of showing some respect for eachothers, something they haven't done lately....everyone on this show
I understood that you meant team, Ryan was used as an example that's all, anyone of them could have been used.No one thought you felt Ryan deserved it or is a bastard or any of that.
People are reading too much into others opinion and guessing wrongly apparently, what other's meant.For the record, if you check some of my previous post,they deal a lot with team dynamics or lack of.The team doesn't treat each orther with respect,period.
Yeah,I did get Florry's opinion.

Last edited:
I have been reading these posts with interest and wanted to comment.

We are all obviously passionate about this show and our favorite characters and that is why our comments and complaints could be looked as bashing. Even though we all have different ways of expressing ourselves, we all want this show to be the best it can be. I realize that the writers are doing the best that they can but the writing isn't as consistant as it could be. I agree with Florry, why couldn't a line be inserted for one of the characters to ask how Calleigh was? It was as frustrated, being a Ryan fan, watching WISC. Ryan was missing, he comes in the next day looking as if he went several rounds with Mike Tyson and all tath could be mentioned was was he gambling again?! All the dots were there, they just weren't connected very well.

As for the team aspect, I am not looking for a group hug either. Ivan S mentioned, to H, in And They're Offed that he team was "falling apart" which I believe is true. I miss the team brainstorming that occurred when Speedle was there. First thing they need to do is ease up on the tension between Eric and Ryan. The end of this season (after WISC) was better any time since Ryan joined the lab. I am not saying these two need to be buddy-buddy but the constant sniping doesn't promote team unity. I think what people (or what I want anyway) are lines inserted showing concern (I'm glad you're okay, are you alright, things like that). Maybe I am misreading the rest of you; hopefully not.

Just my two cents. What I would like to see in S8 (hopefully I would undo everything I just said:lol:)

1. Ryan's family. He is the only character outside of Frank whose family member we haven't met. Maybe storylines that aren't getting him into trouble all the time and taking more of a leadership role in the lab,basically continue his maturity.

2. ANY story lines for Natalia and Frank

3. More Mike Travers and Dave Benton

4. Continue growth and fatherly inteaction for Kyle.

I have been reading these posts with interest and wanted to comment.

We are all obviously passionate about this show and our favorite characters and that is why our comments and complaints could be looked as bashing. Even though we all have different ways of expressing ourselves, we all want this show to be the best it can be. I realize that the writers are doing the best that they can but the writing isn't as consistant as it could be. I agree with Florry, why couldn't a line be inserted for one of the characters to ask how Calleigh was? It was as frustrated, being a Ryan fan, watching WISC. Ryan was missing, he comes in the next day looking as if he went several rounds with Mike Tyson and all tath could be mentioned was was he gambling again?! All the dots were there, they just weren't connected very well.

As for the team aspect, I am not looking for a group hug either. Ivan S mentioned, to H, in And They're Offed that he team was "falling apart" which I believe is true. I miss the team brainstorming that occurred when Speedle was there. First thing they need to do is ease up on the tension between Eric and Ryan. The end of this season (after WISC) was better any time since Ryan joined the lab. I am not saying these two need to be buddy-buddy but the constant sniping doesn't promote team unity. I think what people (or what I want anyway) are lines inserted showing concern (I'm glad you're okay, are you alright, things like that). Maybe I am misreading the rest of you; hopefully not.
Thank you for this!!!! :D :D
Totally agree with you and loved the way you posted it b/c yeah that's what I mean without starting arguments ;)

^ Agreed and really what I was saying.Really have no idea why there is a misunderstanding.

I think what people (or what I want anyway) are lines inserted showing concern (I'm glad you're okay, are you alright, things like that). Maybe I am misreading the rest of you; hopefully not.
That's exactly what I would like.I do think this could be an easy fix.
I think we all just want the best for the show.

Last edited:
^ Agreed and really what I was saying.Really have no idea why there is a misunderstanding.
Me neither....anyway here's what we think about how the show should be in the future.

I think what people (or what I want anyway) are lines inserted showing concern (I'm glad you're okay, are you alright, things like that). Maybe I am misreading the rest of you; hopefully not.
That's exactly what I would like.I do think this could be an easy fix.
I think we all just want the best for the show.
That's the only way, at least for now, they could really show they actually care about eachothers.

Now, changing topic for a while what I would like most right now is a stable M.E.
I don't care whether it's Tara again, though I don't see how TPTB can eventually bring her back
even if it's their intention :rolleyes:
or it's Alexx
, though I can't see her coming back as an M.E. knowing that Khandi is very busy, at the moment ;)

I'm not saying that Ryan is a bastard,

Good Flo good :shifty::shifty: someone *Ila for example* maybe can kill you if only try to think that :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah,I did get Florry's opinion.

Ops I'm sorry for misunderstanding, I mean I don't want to look like Flo's lawyer (well she doesn't pay me:lol::lol: so I won't defend her:devil:)
But while I was reading the post I had this "wrong" impression and I felt the need to speak my mind...

Ok it must be because I'm new to this forum, but I really don't understand why some times people find to argue even on such a stupid topic.
I mean no one was referring to anyone in particular and, while I'm a Ryan's fan, I really didn't see this strong need to defend him or, let's say, to talk about him since no one was attacking or, even worse, ignoring him

^ Welcome to the forum LadyI. It's sometimes hard to read people on these boards, but I rarely get upset over the message boards.I might not have been as clear as I could have been because it was pretty early when I posted.:)
For season 8
A stable, older ME without problems would be nice , as well as improved team interaction.

For season 8
A stable, older ME without problems would be nice , as well as improved team interaction.
I agree. I've always felt like the ME position within the CSI shows has been that of an older "wiser" almost parent-like person. Miami had that with Alexx, but lost it with Tara. I didn't mind Tara that much, but I would like to see someone a little older on the show. I also think it provides a good balance for Horatio. Without Alexx he doesn't have anyone (except Frank) near his age. His interaction with Alexx was always more colleague to colleague rather than boss to subordinate.

^ Welcome to the forum LadyI. It's sometimes hard to read people on these boards, but I rarely get upset over the message boards.I might not have been as clear as I could have been because it was pretty early when I posted.:)
For season 8

Yeah, an older female maybe Doc Robbins' age or maybe even older. :) Maybe they could get Betty White. I bet she'd be tons of fun. :lol: Alexx was like everyone's mother (cept Horatio of course) maybe they could get an older female ME who is like everyone's grandmother. :)

For season 8
I agree. I've always felt like the ME position within the CSI shows has been that of an older "wiser" almost parent-like person. Miami had that with Alexx, but lost it with Tara. I didn't mind Tara that much, but I would like to see someone a little older on the show. I also think it provides a good balance for Horatio. Without Alexx he doesn't have anyone (except Frank) near his age. His interaction with Alexx was always more colleague to colleague rather than boss to subordinate.

First of all, Welcome LadyI. I love reading all opinions and discussing anything (sometimes even when it gets "lively" and especially Ryan:)).

I agree that an older ME seems to work better (the other two CSIs the ME is older). IMO, CSI Miami strikes me as being a little "hipper"than the other two and one would think a young ME would fit the bill but Alexx seemed to balance out the young CSIs and H. Maybe that is one reason I didn't warm up to Tara. Plus Alexx "mothered" everyone and I loved that. If it has to be a younger one, what happened to the man with the glasses that appeared at the beginning of Resurrection? He is a little humorless but if the show wanted to deemphasize the ME's position, he may be the way to go.

If it has to be a younger one, what happened to the man with the glasses that appeared at the beginning of Resurrection? He is a little humorless but if the show wanted to deemphasize the ME's position, he may be the way to go.

He wasn't really an ME. He was an undercover ATF agent who was helping H, Ryan and that other ATF guy with H's fake death plan.

I really liked Shannon though. I wish they hadn't killed her off after five minutes. :lol:

Back