csi miami season 8 (Speculation)

Ok I guess there's no need to start a debate in here :p

Even if, I would like TPTB stop concentrating on Eric and Calleigh for a while, I'd love them to finally develop and finish the storyline they just started.
I mean even if I don't like Eric, I would love to know where the hell he is and, above all, I would love an explenation of what he did ;).

After that (which can happen maximum in the first 2 episodes), I'd love TPTB to ignore Calleigh and Delko for a while and to concentrate on Ryan or, even better, on Natalia who has been ignored for more than a season :thumbsup:

You won't get any argument from me; let them find Eric and wrap up that story arc and develop more, quality stories for Ryan, Frank and Natalia. That would make me VERY happy.

Good storylines for everyone would be great,but I think for some reason the writers just can't handle it.I'm sure each character has something that could be developed into an interesting story,even if it's not "normal" or believable.Let the writers try writing for everyone else.Basically,I want the writers to let the characters, including Natalia,Frank and Ryan, have the opportunity to be the focus at different times during the season, and not just one dinky episode to appease the fans for a short while.I hope to see that in the upcoming season.

And make them ALL of them more of a team.

Now, I know I'm of the minority opinion here, but I've been saddened by the amount of Miami bashing that's been occuring among its own fans. So I'm going to say my peace and you can take it how it is.

Miami is not, has never been, or never will be the Original. Miami was meant to be the comic book version of the three and I think everyone needs to realize that. It doesn't have bad writers or a lack of devotion to the characters, Miami is what it is and that's why people watch it.

Anyone who's waiting for the Miami team to share a great big group hug...don't hold your breath. It ain't gonna happen. Every single last character on that show is built to be an independent person. But that doesn't mean that they don't care about each other. They show it though actions, espeically Horatio. They don't need to hug each other to show they care alot for each other. And when the moments warrent it, they have shown their emotion and their caring for each other. I'll aruge with anyone who think's this team doesn't care about each other! :)

I think the writers are great people, and they are not going to please everyone. Something they write people will love, others will hate. That's how it goes. I think they have the hardest job ever, trying to please us...the fans and they're doing the best job they can. Season seven was a true display of what they can do and I have no doubt that season eight will be no different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we say we love Miami, then we need to accept how it is, flaws and all. :)

Now that I've said my peace...here's what I want to happen in Season Eight.

1. Ryan family drama...It's way past time we met the family.

2. Natalia storyline...like, huge one.

3. More Horatio/Kyle interaction...You have to admit it, Kyle humanizes Horatio in a big way. I love their interaction and I hope to see more.

4. More E/C...I'm not a hiphuggers fan, but I want to see where this relationship goes from here. Compared to Danny/Lindsey, their relationship is healthy! :)

5. Justice Shades...how can you get tired of the Justice Shades? :lol:

6. Jon Togo shirtless...just once...for five seconds...then I'll be cool for life!! :drool:

^ Group hug not needed really,just a team that is more united.A lot of times I don't think the caring is shown,at least not between all the team members and not as much as it could be shown,but that's my opinion.
Yep,the story writers have a hard job but they still need to write for all the characters ,Ryan Frank and Natalia as mentioned before.
For example, Ryan family drama is mentioned, it has to be written.That's all some are saying.
Fans aren't really bashing,they are just stating what they would like to see for the show.

Last edited:
Now, I know I'm of the minority opinion here, but I've been saddened by the amount of Miami bashing that's been occuring among its own fans. So I'm going to say my peace and you can take it how it is.

Miami is not, has never been, or never will be the Original. Miami was meant to be the comic book version of the three and I think everyone needs to realize that. It doesn't have bad writers or a lack of devotion to the characters, Miami is what it is and that's why people watch it.

Anyone who's waiting for the Miami team to share a great big group hug...don't hold your breath. It ain't gonna happen. Every single last character on that show is built to be an independent person. But that doesn't mean that they don't care about each other. They show it though actions, espeically Horatio. They don't need to hug each other to show they care alot for each other. And when the moments warrent it, they have shown their emotion and their caring for each other. I'll aruge with anyone who think's this team doesn't care about each other! :)

I think the writers are great people, and they are not going to please everyone. Something they write people will love, others will hate. That's how it goes. I think they have the hardest job ever, trying to please us...the fans and they're doing the best job they can. Season seven was a true display of what they can do and I have no doubt that season eight will be no different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we say we love Miami, then we need to accept how it is, flaws and all. :)

Now that I've said my peace...here's what I want to happen in Season Eight.

1. Ryan family drama...It's way past time we met the family.

2. Natalia storyline...like, huge one.

3. More Horatio/Kyle interaction...You have to admit it, Kyle humanizes Horatio in a big way. I love their interaction and I hope to see more.

4. More E/C...I'm not a hiphuggers fan, but I want to see where this relationship goes from here. Compared to Danny/Lindsey, their relationship is healthy! :)

5. Justice Shades...how can you get tired of the Justice Shades? :lol:

6. Jon Togo shirtless...just once...for five seconds...then I'll be cool for life!! :drool:

I totally agree with you :thumbsup: Whatever storylines the writers come up with it will be impossible to please everyone. I will even dare say that, for example, if they finally give Ryan a family and background info (which a lot of fans have been asking for) there will be a lot of people who will not be satisfied with what they come up with. Some will, but some will think it should've been something else. I'm not saying we can't have opinions because of course we do, but that not everything will be written exactly how we think it should because millions of people watch this show and there are lots of versions of what should or should not happen. So we are not going to see everything we would like but it is my honest opinion that the show is stronger than those things we don't quite like. Especially this season. There were some things that can be improved upon but the good things were more than the bad things, IMO :).

miamifan08
Miami is what it is and that's why people watch it.

Yep :bolian:

Whatever storylines the writers come up with it will be impossible to please everyone. I will even dare say that, for example, if they finally give Ryan a family and background info (which a lot of fans have been asking for) there will be a lot of people who will not be satisfied with what they come up with.
That may be true. There will also be some like me that are happy that they wrote it at all. Of course it's not possible to please everyone,but there will be fans pleased with the fact that something is written for other characters.You state "if they finally" give Ryan a family,and that a lot of fans have been asking for. It's long over due.Just because it's not possible to please everyone doesn't mean some character's stories should be ignored all together.

Whatever storylines the writers come up with it will be impossible to please everyone. I will even dare say that, for example, if they finally give Ryan a family and background info (which a lot of fans have been asking for) there will be a lot of people who will not be satisfied with what they come up with.
That may be true. There will also be some like me that are happy that they wrote it at all. Of course it's not possible to please everyone,but there will be fans pleased with the fact that something is written for other characters.You state "if they finally" give Ryan a family,and that a lot of fans have been asking for. It's long over due.Just because it's not possible to please everyone doesn't mean some character's stories should be ignored all together.

Oh I agree that it shouldn't be ignored. That's why I wrote Ryan as an example. What I'm trying to get across is that even something like Ryan's background that is so long overdue and so many people want it will have people who will not be satisfied with it. Hence my statement that the writers just can't please everyone. I guess sometimes I just get frustrated, like I think miamifan08 is, because I perceive more focus on the negative aspects (which in my opinion are less) than on the positive aspects of the show; and sometimes it gets pretty harsh. I don't mind that negative things are pointed out, but when that's all I read about and things are stated harshly that's when I cringe a little. I hope that was more clear :).

^ Believe me I understand.I love the show actually,but I sometimes think some fans make light of things that do bother other fans and that frustrates me.Like there should be no complaints.I used your example of Ryan because like you stated, it is long over due.Ryan has been there from the 3rd season,he will be starting his 5th season,why are the fans still asking? I can't say that all I've read is negative.There were positive remarks made about the last few episodes of season 7 because of the better airtime for the characters etc.That pleased quite a few fans,just as fans would pleased with the characters getting good storylines.

I have to disagree with the comic book assesment... at least I don't believe the show started out that way... back when Megan Donner was a character. But then again I couldn't really stand the show back then and the only reason I would even bother to watch was because of Speed. But then they killed him off and I wasn't gonna watch anymore at all until I found out Jonathan joined (I already was a fan of his from his Special Unit 2 days) and now I like the show more than I did in the first couple of seasons. But, I don't really think its always meant to be comic booky. I do however think its supposed to be the more Dallas-like of the three CSI shows though. I mean, come on main character having long lost teen son he never knew about until the kid was practically grown? That happened with JR on Dallas and I believe the actor who played his son was Sasha Mitchell (from Step By Step). :lol: I realize a lot of Miami fans are probably too young to know about Dallas though, but I'm not. :lol: Well, I get the feeling more like Miami has alwasy tried to be that plus action movie-like. so I guess an heavy action/primetime soapy drama combo. :lol: The only thing that people have said is comic booky is Super H. :lol: I mean he even does the Superman pose (hands on hips) and now Ryan's starting to do it as well. :giggles: Not that I'm complaining. :p

By the way, this is something random: I was watching Bombshell the other night and I noticed that Julia walks strangely. It's hard to describe... but especially when she was taking steps toward H in that parkinglot. She'd completely lift her foot off the ground, bring it all the way in front of the other one and it was almost like she was purposely sticking her stilleto in the pavement. then she'd do the same with her other leg. :lol: It just looked really funny to me. :lol: Anyone else notice that? I wonder if maybe she has trouble walking in heels. I know I sure do. :lol:

I have too say that certainly Miami has the craziest storylines and all but I just love this show.All my friends tease me but at the end it's a good hour of television.It's so action packed that it entertains me.Obviously many think that way becouse is a really popular show.Fans expressing negative things mean that they still care ,IMO so it's not exactly bad.I mean ,I stopped watching Greys without any doubt and on the other side I complain and complain about Super H but I watch every monday.

Is Tara coming back or not? I know I am alone in this but I sort of liked her.

Last edited:
What i want in new season:

1) Ryan's storyline, something more then one ep.
2) Natalai's storyline... just give her something finally!
3) Less EC (it's not me if i don't mention it :lol:), i'm sick from this storyline.
4) More Horatio\Kyle scenes.
5) More detective!!! Not soap opera!
6) Alexx and Yelina should be back.

Did you watch Emily's press conference in Monte Carlo? :eek: No, because that what exactly what she told about the show :lol:.
While I'll agree with both of you on some exent, b/c that's also the reason why I watch this show and I find it entertaining, there are still some things which TPTB, IMO, should focus on a little bit more ;)

And when the moments warrent it, they have shown their emotion and their caring for each other. I'll aruge with anyone who think's this team doesn't care about each other! :)
I disrespectully disagreee with you on this one.
Smoke Gets in Your CSIs come to my mind, right now. Please, tell me....
- did Ryan care about Calleigh once she was in the hospital? For god's sake he was on the phone with Eric (who oh yeah was there with her) and he didn't even ask him anything about the girl
- did Natalia care about Calleigh once she was in the hospital? Whenever Natalia had a problem Calleigh, at least, tried to cheer her up ("If looks could Kill" come to my mind, now). I didn't see Natalia's concern in this episode, at all :shifty:
- did Tara asked anything about Calleigh right after they had showed her theory was absolutely right (yep she's a doctor, after all) ? I guess she was too busy rummaging in the dead body's pocket looking for some heroine :rolleyes:.

Except for Eric who was always there for her, Alexx who treated her and Horatio who, at least, had the curtesy to ask about her condition, I didn't see anyone caring for eachother :rolleyes:
The only ones who can be blamed for such a poor aspect of the show (at least, in this episode which was the example of disrespect, IMHO) are TPTB especially the people who had the brilliant idea to edit the original script.

I also don't see how this could match with the whole concept of "comic book" (how you like to define the show ;)). I mean even in a comic book or any other more serious show like "Without a Trace" or any other show of the franchise, they all perfect know the concepts of decency, respect and love which, sometimes, seem too abstract on this show.
Even if it's a comic book, these 3 concepts should be the base of it b/c to me they're the basical concept of someone's life :shifty:

And yep I kinda agree with you on this. Thoug, I truely think some of the poeple who keep "complaining" do it just b/c they want to see an improvement on the show they most love. You know, you always wan the best for what7who you love :p

As for what I'd love to see in s8 :shifty::
- The team findd Eric and he gets, at least, suspended for a while b/c, as far as we know, he helped a criminal. (I don't even care about the fact it was his "bio" dad b/c I've never seen adopted people or pople who grew up with non bio-parents helping their bio dad after 30 years, especially if he's a criminal :rolleyes:)

- Calleigh having a normal life possibely with more comic moments since it's a "comic book" :p

- Ryan not screwing up a for a while and possibely having a romance. That poor guy deserves a woman :devil:

- Natalia working more on the field.

- Lots of good Frank's moment :guffaw:

- A stable M.E. who's not dug addict and who's not an ATF agent :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by miamifan08
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we say we love Miami, then we need to accept how it is, flaws and all. :)[

And yep I kinda agree with you on this. Thoug, I truely think some of the poeple who keep "complaining" do it just b/c they want to see an improvement on the show they most love. You know, you always wan the best for what7who you love :p
We do accept it,that's why we keep watching it. It is improvement that we want,some of them really small. Florry you mentioned the not caring about Calleigh when she was hospitalized,how hard would it have been to have Ryan or anyone ask over the phone her condition? How hard would it have been for anyone to ask Ryan how he was,he was there in the attic too, though not as long a Calleigh.Sometimes it's little things that can make things better.
I agree with some of what you want to see for season 8,not all.:)

Florry you mentioned the not caring about Calleigh when she was hospitalized,how hard would it have been to have Ryan or anyone ask over the phone her condition? How hard would it have been for anyone to ask Ryan how he was,he was there in the attic too, though not as long a Calleigh.Sometimes it's little things that can make things better.
Totally agree with you on this. I didn't mention Ryan's condition just b/c he was let's say fine after the fire and since no one asked about Calleigh, I didn't expect anyone to ask about Ryan, at all :lol:.
I mean they didn't even ask about a person in the hospital. How could you expect them focusing on a character who's shown perfectly fine? :p

Florry you mentioned the not caring about Calleigh when she was hospitalized,how hard would it have been to have Ryan or anyone ask over the phone her condition? How hard would it have been for anyone to ask Ryan how he was,he was there in the attic too, though not as long a Calleigh.Sometimes it's little things that can make things better.
Totally agree with you on this. I didn't mention Ryan's condition just b/c he was let's say fine after the fire and since no one asked about Calleigh, I didn't expect anyone to ask about Ryan, at all :lol:
I really didn't expect anyone to ask about Ryan.That's pretty much a given that no one would. I'm glad he can bounce back quickly from the fire,tortured,being close to being blown up and shot in the morgue.
They don't need to focus on someone that appears fine,just ask, like anyone of us would do if it were our co-worker.

Last edited:
Back