CSI LV fic "A sick man's game" Greg centered drama/suspense

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericloca, May 20, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Re: CSI LV fic "A sick man's game" Greg centered drama/suspe

ack come on get him rescued! more more!

2. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 21 The letter

“No , Griss , damn it , this can’t be happening ! ” Nick yelled .

“What , Nick , what happened ? ” Grissom asked .”Something on the letter ?”

“Read it yourself .”

Grissom took the letter and read it, his face becoming white just like Nick’s . He read it once again , then he pulled Nick towards the car and they left to the lab , taking the box and the bottle with them .

They arrived at the lab and entered fast , closing loudly the door behind them . Nick called Catherine and Warrick in the conference room .

“What’s up , guys what did you find there ?” Catherine asked .

Grissom gave her the letter and she read it loudly .

“Dear Grissom , Nick , Catherine ,Warrick and Sara ,

If you will find this letter this mean that Greg is in trouble … you see , I want him to pay for everything I’ve been through , all that happened to me … because of you … you never considered me one of the best techs because Greg was the great , Greg closed the case , Greg this , Greg that … you never told this thing about me so now is the time to understand why I did all of this and to see what’s going to happen next .

I am sick of all this lack of attention you gave me so I decided to strike , to see your reaction . That’s why I searched and found Jonathan Wilder , who hated you all and I convinced him to kidnap Greg and with Bobby’s help , I almost managed to get revenge on you without you even suspect . You see , the guy who stabbed Greg wasn’t Jon… that was me … and I loved so much to see him suffering … all that pain … I liked it . Too bad he didn’t die then . I loved the thing he was amnesiac and it was better for him to stay that way . But he remembered everything and that didn’t helped him much .

Not to keep up the suspense for long , let’s say you something about your guy … here is a picture … I made it myself , isn’t it great ? “

They looked at that terrifying photo . They saw Greg in a house , on the floor , tied up . They could see all his injuries , who stopped bleeding and all that dried blood on his chest made Catherine’s tears to fell on her cheeks . His face , his hands , his chest were covered in deep cuts , probably from the accident . He looked terrible .

“So , how all of you can see , there is nothing I am going to do to help find me . What I learned since I worked in crimes is how to cover my traces . But , because I am not such a bad guy , I sent you in that little bottle Greg’s blood to see what’s going to happen to him . Well , you will see how the poison I gave him is going to work .

Even if you will find him , and I might let you find your guy , you can’t do anything about this …you will just stay there powerless and watch him dying slowly and painfully . God , I will love to see him in so much pain … I can’t wait.

Good-bye and please , please don’t even try to find me … ”

”When I’ll put my hand on this crazy bastard I’m going to …”Warrick yelled .

“Me first . But what we have to do now is to see that thing with poison . I’m going to have Wendy checking it .”

Catherine left the room with the bottle and entered the DNA lab . She gave the tech the blood and asked her to analyze it right away .

“Okay in one hour you’ll have your results . Let me some time to work , will you ?”

“So , Greg , how do you feel ? I understand that they are worried sick about you . Isn’t this great ?” Hodges laughed evilly .”the poison is taking effect , isn’t it ?” he said seeing the pain on Greg’s face .

“Fuck you ” Greg whispered .

Hodges looked at Greg’s body who was convulsing in excruciating pain , and Greg barely kept himself for screaming . He was shaking violently . Seeing his eyes , Hodges understood that the young man was going to pass out . He took the CSI’s face in his hand and looked into his eyes .

“I hate you , understand ? I hate you with all my heard because you took my place in the team … it should have been me the one everybody spoke about not you . Got it ? You are paying for this … you are going to wish you weren’t born .”

With that he left Greg to stay there on the dark in that killing silence . He just hugged his knees to his chest , wondering what is going to happen with him … more than that pain . He had seizures . His body was trying to fight the poison . They had been only ten hours since Hodges gave him the serum , so he asked himself what will happen when his body will stop fighting … probably he will die .

Not death frightened him , no , he knew that he will die anyway , what scared him was the fact that he will suffer much until he will die . Very much . God , he wished he would have a gun , to shot himself when the pain will be insupportable .

He leaned his head on the cold wall , closed his eyes and fell asleep . He knew that there was the possibility to never wake up , but he took the chance .

….

“Wendy , the results are ready yet ?” Catherine asked .

“Yes , Here . ”

“Please explain to me . To us , let’s go into the lab . Guys , blood analysis .”

“So what is it ?”

“I made full analyses , and I found a poison with some chemicals like thallium or arsenic . This is bad . ”

“Arsenic ?! What’s going to happen to him ?” Catherine asked , looking straight in her eyes .

“I am not going to lie . His body is starting to shut down . He has massive pains , on his chest I think , because the first organ this thing attacks is the heart . But he is going to have some seizures … excruciating pain , he will feel like something is cutting his insides … you can’t even imagine . This thing attacks secondly the lungs , so he will have problems breathing . ”

“Oh my God … do you mean he is going to die in pain ?” Nick asked .

“And what pain … I told you , he’ll feel like someone is cutting him on the inside .”

“What can you tell us about this poison ? Any antidote ? ”

“With the poison , not with the poisoned blood , I think I can be able to came up with a cure . But I don’t have the poison , so …”

”But have you tried ? Maybe …”

“Yeah , I’m still trying ”

“So we need to find him quickly , huh ?” Warrick asked .

“Yeah . Listen , I found out that the poison is in his system for ten hours .”

“So , how much he has to live ?”

“I would say that he hasn’t much …”

“How much .”

“Not more then 36 hours .”

3. MacsGirlMel

Can you have them find him please? Fix it fix it!

4. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 22 Finding Him

"Oh my God, 36 hours?" Warrick asked, dazed. "Only 36?"

"Yeah … the poison is lethal. You have to understand that if you don’t find him quickly-very quickly-he isn’t going to make it."

"Okay Wendy, thanks. Now, can you give me a file with all the components of this poison?"

"Already done. Here Grissom."

Grissom took the file and read it quickly. He saw thirteen different poisons, including thallium and arsenic, some of which were impossible to get if you weren’t a lab tech. "But Hodges was," Grissom thought to himself. But, he realized, all the components on the paper couldn’t make the poison and the cure. Then he saw two substances and the words ‘unidentified chemical’ beside them.

"Damn it …" he whispered. "What are we going to do?" he asked out loud.

Grissom was the person who always came up with a solution, who always had a plan, so when he asked the rest of the team what to do, they knew that it meant there was no other way.

"I don’t know …we don’t have anything. God, all I know is that we need to save Greg no matter what." Nick replied ."But I do know that I’m scared "

"Me too. Funny, because I can’t remember ever being afraid. But I am now."

"Guys, don’t lose it, okay? We’ve got to stay focused on the job-we can’t give up, alright? Lets see what we’ve got."

"What we’ve got? CATHERINE, WE HAVE NOTHING!!!" Nick yelled, at the end of his rope. "We have nothing …we can’t save him ...God how I hate that bastard!"

Shocked, the rest of the team remained quiet. They couldn’t think; they felt empty, guilty …like all of the hope had just disappeared. For the first time they felt that they couldn’t do anything. And this feeling was awful. They hadn’t lost hope when they saw Nick buried alive, and they remained strong when Greg had been kidnapped the first time. But now the hope in their hearts was gone, and they didn’t think that it would ever be back. What could happen in the next 36 hours that could help them save their buddy? Nothing. Totally, completely, absolutely nothing. The biggest punishment for them was to feel so powerless, and knowing perfectly well that Hodges was aware of that-that was what he wanted. That bastard took advantage of their love for each other. Lord, how could they be such idiots … how could they not have seen how obvious it was that Hodges wanted revenge on them?

Every CSI in the room was thinking the exact same thing. They all felt so guilty, even though none of them had done anything. They didn’t hurt Greg. They didn’t know that this would happen, and simply step aside. No. But yet this was their fault, because they couldn’t help him.

"So," Catherine, uneasy, broke the silence. "What are we going to do?"

"This is so hard...I know that I can’t do anything, but I feel that I can save him …" Nick spoke. "I mean, there has to be something that will help us. I can feel it. We all know that Greg is a fighter and I don’t want to start again with the things we did when he was in a coma. Sara taught us to trust him, and there is no way we’re going to just abandon him now, got it?"

"Yeah, Nick, I agree with you. And I trust Greg-we all do. We just need to go back to work. Quit feeling sorry for ourselves and moping. For him. To find him." Catherine said, the determination obviously strong in her voice.

"Your right-I’m in." Warrick replied.

"Me too. He would do the same for us, so let’s go gang, we have someone to save." Grissom told them .

And the hope was back.

"Why the hell we were thinking that we can’t do anything?" every CSI asked himself. "It may be hard, but we do know one thing for certain- we can’t-won’t- just give up without a fight."

After two hours of hard work, Catherine thought that she had found nothing. She scanned another random paper, her eyes quickly flying back, as she read the paper again. Her hand was shaking, her heart beating wildly. Hodges had a second house . Maybe, just maybe, with an absolute miracle...maybe Greg was there.

"God please, please, let me be right" she whispered in her head and ran into the next room.

"Guys, guys, I found something! " she yelled. "Come here now!"

Grissom and Nick, Warrick at their heels, entered the lab, hope evident in their eyes.

"What is it? " Nick asked, barely able to breath.

"Hodges has a second house! Somewhere in the east side of town. Maybe we can find something in there. "

"Let’s go then, quickly."

A man from cleaning services was just outside the lab, listening to the conversation between the CSIs. He pulled his cell out, dialing a number.

"Boss, Dean here. They are heading to your house ."

"Thanks, Dean. They’re in for a little surprise ," Hodges laughed evilly .

Brass was just entering the lab when he saw all four CSIs rushing out the door .

"Hey guys, where is the fire?" he asked, and then instantly wished he hadn’t when he saw the hurt look on their faces. Greg was missing, and everything to do with him was way more important than any fire. "Something with Sanders?" He tried again.

"Yeah. Brass, you can come with us, we might have found Greg or at least something about him. Hodges has a second house." Grissom said.

"Alright, I’m going to call my guys and I’ll go with you. Come on then, let’s go get him."

They didn’t need any more urging. Nothing else mattered now, Greg’s safety was their only concern. What they didn’t know was that Hodges was one step ahead of them, because he had Dean and Jim who told him every move they made.

….

Hodges knew that eventually they were going to find out about his second home, so he already had a plan. He wasn’t stupid. Everything was ready for them.

David looked at Greg, who was lying unconscious on the hard, cold floor. He had decided. Seeing Greg’s white face made him smile, and he rose from the chair he was sitting in. It was time for the last part of his revenge.

….

Nick drove silently but fast. The sooner the better, and if he had to tick off a few drivers then so be it. He knew exactly how Greg was feeling, he had been kidnapped and he knew that it was worse than anything anyone who hadn’t experienced it could imagine.

Suddenly they were there, and had drawn their guns .

"Police! Open up!" Brass yelled.

There was no answer, and the police men broke the door. It fell aside, revealing the interior of the house, which, surprisingly, was actually very beautiful. The CSIs didn’t notice however, as all their thoughts were on Greg.

"Hodges? Get out!" Nick yelled .

But the house was empty. No movement. Nothing. They were about to leave when Catherine saw a red stain on the otherwise spotless white carpet. When she approached the place where the spot was, she saw a little door on the floor.

"Guys! Come here, hurry!" she called.

Sensing her urgency, Nick and Warrick came quickly and helped her to open the door. They looked inside and saw something. No, not something...someone. Someone.

They saw the man that all of Las Vegas had been looking for. Greg was lying on the hard ground. She entered and put her hand on his neck, searching and praying desperately for a pulse……

5. MacsGirlMel

I hope they turn the tables and stop him. More more more!

6. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Write more I want to no what happen next.

7. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Chapter 23 At the hospital

She checked his pulse. Thank you God, she smiled when she felt it.

"He’s alive!" she yelled, then to herself, "he’s alive … thank you God!"

Nick and Warrick entered and took Greg out of his cold prison. They sighed in relief when they saw that Greg was alive and with them. They were together now. But the moment they put Greg on the blanket lying on the ground, he screamed in pain. It was then they remembered about the poison.

"The poison… we can’t do anything without it …"

On the way to the hospital, the doctor gave him a perfusion with some liquid to replace the water he had lost from sweating. They couldn’t give him any other drug, because they had no idea how it would react with the poison that was in his bloodstream.

"Mr. Grissom, we need to leave now, do you want to come?" a paramedic asked.

"Let me go, please " Nick pleaded.

"Yeah, Nick, but hurry! And let us know what will happen, alright?" Grissom spoke, seeing his CSI’s worried face .

Grissom knew that Nick cared for Greg like he would his own brother. His young CSI knew what Greg was going through, which was why he was so very scared for the life of their guy.

…..

-In the Ambulance-

Nick sat on a chair, looking at Greg lying with his eyes closed. But Greg wasn’t sleeping. He could, however, endure the horrible pain better. When he felt someone taking his hand, he slowly opened his eyes and saw his friend’s face. He was safe .

"N-nick?" he asked.

"Yeah, tough guy, it’s me. It’s okay now, I promise." Nick tried to smile.

"H-hodges… did you c-catch him?" he whispered.

"No, but we are going to, I swear."

"You know ….a-about the poison… he p-poisoned m-me…" the pain was increasing, almost to much to bear. "I don’t … I don’t know what h-he used…" Greg closed his eyes and bit his lower lip to stop himself from screaming.

Hot tears were falling from Nick’s eyes. He couldn’t help Greg, he could just sit and look at how he suffered. Greg squeezed his friend’s hand harder as the pain became unbearable. His body started to shake, and his eyes widened in shock.

"Fight, Greg, fight, damn it!" Nick yelled .

They arrived at the hospital, and Greg was quickly wheeled to the emergency room. Nick sat on a chair in the waiting room, miserably awaiting any news about his friend. "In the meantime", he decided, "I’ll visit Sara."

He opened the door and entered her room. She looked at him and grinned.

"Hey, Sare, how are you?" he asked.

"Fine, Nicky, waiting to be released. Any news on Greg?"

"Yep."

She watched him for a minute, and then frowned.

"Are you going to tell me or what? Do you want me to beg? Pretty pretty pretty please?"

"Okay. "

"Nick!"

"We found him."

"That’s great!"

"But…."

"What?" she looked at his face, hoping to see a smile, instead he saw a worried look.

"Hodges… gave him a poison ."

"A poison ? But he is alive, right?"

"He has, " Nick said looking at his watch "less than 30 hours to live."

Sara couldn’t say a word. She hoped to hear really good news. Greg dying wasn’t what she had in mind. Why couldn’t she hear that her best friend was alright? Why?

"So, Warrick, you find anything?"

"No, Cath, nothing. Not even a trace from that poison … God, I’m going crazy."

"Yeah, me too. How the hell are we going to get Hodges ?"

"That bastard is not an idiot, that’s for sure. He knows how to… Catherine, what is that?" he pointed to a white envelope.

"Let me guess" she said picking it up "another letter ."

She opened the envelope and pulled out the letter, a little piece of paper with only few words.

"So, you found him. I decided to let you see him dying. I’ll come to the funeral.

D. Hodges"

"No… " Catherine whispered ."No, we will go to his funeral, not Greg’s!" she yelled.

"Catherine, what happened? Why are you crying?" Grissom entered and looked at her.

"Nothing, Gil, it’s just that this bastard … Hodges … another letter … read it."

Grissom took the paper from her hand and read it. He looked back straight in her eyes.

"We are not going to let this guy to defeat us, alright? We’re going to fight. "

"What? He already won, Grissom, there is no chance to save Greg…"

"Catherine, nothing is lost until you give up, understand? And we are not going to give up.We will find Hodges and will prepare the cure for Greg. I just don’t know how-yet. Now, we have to do our job here, right?"

"Yeah." her cell phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cath it’s Nick."

"Nick, hey, how is he? "

"He’s stable...for now. He has convulsions and his heart could stop any time now. " Nick told her, looking at Greg’s sleeping form."And they can’t give him any painkiller because they don’t know how that is going to react with the chemicals in his system. I hate waiting. Let’s make a change-you come here to stay with him and I’ll go to the lab, okay?"

"Fine, I’ll be there within minutes." she hung up.

She entered the room and took her kit.

"Where are you going?" Grissom asked.

"At the hospital to stay with Greg. Nick will be here soon."

"Okay, keep us informed, okay?"

"Yeah."

….

She drove to the hospital in a hurry, passing two red lights, she just wanted to arrive there soon. To see him. To hold his hand and make him feel safe. To help him fight.

She was there. She climbed out of the car and ran to the room Greg was in. She was very worried. She didn’t know what she was going to see.

"Hey, Nicky" she almost whispered .

"Hey Cath, glad you made it soon ."

"Yeah, I was scared. How...how is he ?"

"Like Wendy told us he’d be."

"So he’s not doing so good. God, why him?" she whispered.

"I’m going to go now. I bet they need my help. " he smiled and left Greg with Catherine, knowing he was in good hands.

She looked at the young man lying in that bed. The most full of life guy she had ever met, it just didn’t seem possible that it was actually him lying almost lifeless on a hospital bed. He opened his beautiful eyes and looked back at her.

"P-please, Cath… take this pain a-away … please …" he whispered.

Another chapter … I can’t believe it ! and I didn’t got writer’s block !

S

8. sarahSidle1981

I hope they save Greg. Keep going I need to know what happen next.

9. MacsGirlMel

Yeah I hope so too, and then find Hodges and kick his butt.

10. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 24 To Hell and Back

"Please Cath, take the pain away." Greg pleaded, pain in his voice. "Please, take it away."

She looked at him with the look of a mother who is seeing her son suffering, she held his hand which was shaking until the doctor came. She saw his brown eyes that always seemed so full of joy and happiness. Now she could only see pain, fear, like every bit of what made Greg so unique had just disappeared. She hated the bastard that had forever changed Greg.

She had really thought that Hodges was a nice guy, only a little more selfish. But from selfish to psycho …. that was a long journey.

The doctor came to look at Greg.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Sanders?" the blonde doctor asked him .

"I-it … it really hurts …. " he managed to answer.

"I know."

"W-what’s happening to me?" Greg asked, looking in his eyes.

"You have been poisoned with something very dangerous."

"Just … answer my question."

"Your whole body is starting to shut down. You have this pain because of the malfunctions of some organs …. like the heart or lungs."

"God … so, he was right." He told himself "I have like a day or so to live, right?" He closed his eyes when asking.

"Yes, you have 26 hours at best. I’m so sorry."

He closed his eyes when a seizure overtook him. This pain was so horrible, unbearable, and this thing couldn’t be stopped.

"P-please … just … stop this … pain …I can’t …any more …I just can’t …. can’t stand it…." His voice was trembling.

Catherine, who stood beside him, was speechless. Just hearing his voice, holding his shaking hand, she felt his pain. But she couldn’t even begin to imagine what hell he was going through.

"Mr. Sanders, we can’t give you any painkiller, because we don’t know how it is going to react with the chemicals that are now in your blood. I think you understand, right? "

….

Meanwhile, Warrick , Nick and Grissom were processing the evidence from the place Greg had been found. There wasn’t much to work with; the red stains from the carpet were blood-Greg’s blood. They only found some of Hodges’s DNA, which was normal, because David lived there. But nothing that could help them, not even the smallest trace. Nothing. But there has to be something …

"So, Nick, found anything useful?" Warrick asked.

"No, man, nothing." He answered. "God, in this moment I don’t want to catch Hodges, just to find that damn poison!" He kicked the wall.

"How much time until ….?" Warrick asked, again.

"Until Greg is going to die? Twenty-six hours. A day."

"Hey, guys, I found something!" Grissom yelled from the other room. Warrick and Nick entered the room which seemed to be a bedroom.

…..

"You can’t give him anything?" Catherine asked, speaking for the first time since Greg woke up. "Nothing?"

"Well, I can try some morphine, small doses, I think it won’t react with that stuff, but you never know. " The doctor pulled a needle and went to inject the serum into Greg’s hand. When he saw the needle, Greg became violent.

"Take that away from me!" He yelled to the doctor, who was very surprised by his reaction.

"Greg, what’s wrong with you? Why you don’t want the doctor to give you something that will take away the pain?" she asked. Then she remembered.

"The guy who gave him …. who poisoned him used a needle and injected the serum in the same place you want to make the injection now." She answered to the look on doctor’s face.

"Ah, I understand. Please try and calm him down, to finish with it."

Catherine hugged Greg, who was in shock. She leaned to his ear and whispered something that calmed him and let the doctor do what had to be done.

Ten minutes after that he was asleep, so Catherine could smile. But is wasn’t over. No, because of that poison, that stupid poison and that stupid Hodges…. The bastard. The criminal. She took her phone out and dialed a number.

….

"Hello ?" Grissom answered .

"Hey , Gil , Catherine here ." "Hey Catherine. Something wrong with Greg?" he asked.

Hearing those words, Warrick and Nick rose to their feet and approached Grissom to find out the answer.

"Some good news …." Catherine said.

"What is it? Is he okay?" Nick asked.

"Good news, huh?" Grissom said to Catherine, with this answering Nick’s question.

"Yeah they could give him some morphine to stop the pain …. But you have to find Hodges or the poison very soon, understand? If you could see him before they injected the painkiller …. If you could see the pain, the suffering, the fear in his eyes …." Her eyes were wet with tears, hot tears.

"We are going to do our best, you know that."

"I want to come and help you guys!"

"We are doing fine .We found a paper with an address and we’re heading there to see if there is anything about Hodges. But you have to stay with Greg."

"But Sara is here!"

"Catherine, Sara’s injured, she needs to rest. Now will you listen to me? Greg needs you, alright?" Grissom insisted.

"Okay, fine. I’ll stay here on one condition -you tell me first when you find Hodges, okay? I want to be the first that is going to ‘play’ with him."

"Deal. But you stay there."

"And you work harder. Bye Gil, call me later."

"Bye Cath."

They hung up. Grissom looked at Nick and Warrick, who stared at him and waited for an answer.

"So, what good news?"

"The doctors can give him some morphine to calm the pain, but they can’t gave him too big of a dose."

"Well, its good that he doesn’t have to bare all that pain, and at least he’ll be asleep. Now Grissom, let’s go to this address. Maybe we’ll get lucky, who knows?"

"Yeah, come on."

Catherine was watching Greg sleep when she heard a knock at the door and Sara entered the room.

"Oh my…." The brunette whispered, seeing the young CSI lying on that bed. "Hey Cath."

"Hey Sara. How are you feeling?"

"Better …. But …."she closed her eyes and leaned her body over the wall "how … how is he ?" she asked , staring at the poor guy .

"He’s sleeping, but the pain is increasing. And they can't enlarge the doses of morphine. Half of the time already passed."

"He has only twenty-four hours?"

"Yes."

11. MacsGirlMel

I hope they find him in time.

Can't they test his blood to find the substances?

12. sarahSidle1981

Keep going I want to know if they find Hodges.

13. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Chapter 25 News about the poison

Suddenly , Greg opened his eyes and , looking at Catherine , he tried to tell her something , but he felt like throwing up . Catherine noticed and called for help .

The doctor came in to take a closer look to Greg . He look worried , so he called some nurses to help him stabilize the patient .

Catherine and Sara were kicked out of the room ; they went to Sara’s room where they started to talk .

“So , what do you think ?I heard the poison was very toxic ; Nick told me so .”

“I know ; some of the components are lethal ; there was arsenic , thallium even some snake venom.”

“Snake venom ?! Oh my God ….do you know what type of snakes ?”

“He told me only about vipers . Is good , because this has an antidote and there were other ten poisons . But … I don’t know if arsenic has one … ”

“Hope it has … I really hope so !”

“Why are they getting him in the ICU ?” Catherine asked , looking through the window .

Greg was admitted to the ICU for hemodynamic monitoring. He had sinus tachycardia, with heart rates ranging from 130 to 180 beats per minute .

He demonstrated no hypotension or arrhythmias. He received intravenous fluids at twice the maintenance rate and standard chelation therapy with BAL through intramuscular injection every half an hour .

While in the ICU, his QTc prolonged to as long as 527 milliseconds , decreasing to 450 milliseconds without specific therapy.

His electrocardiographic results remained normal for the remainder of his hospital course.

Greg was transitioned to oral chelation therapy with 2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid , and BAL administration was continued , along with D-penicillamine . .

The doctor went out of the ICU and taking the mask off , he entered the room Catherine and Sara were in .

“What happened , doctor ?”

“He had some sort of renal failure ; we took our chances and gave him some BAL and D-penicillamine - a combination that will slow the effect of the poisoning ”

“What is that ?”

“Dimercaprol or BAL is the first-line agent available in for treating arsenic poisoning and D-penicillamine for thallium poisoning ”

“Is it bad ?”

“ Look, once arsenic- the worse oh these two - distributes into the tissues, treatment may be unsuccessful. Clinical trials are not available for us, but attempting to remove arsenic from the plasma before it reaches the tissues made sense. Because the clearance of arsenic by dialysis is substantial, hemodialysis may be indicated if available in a short time after”

“Oh my Lord…”

“And he also had shown signs of thallium poisoning and we gave him D-penicillamine ,that was evaluated in rats as treatments against acute thallotoxicosis. Is good thing exists … “

“But … how this stuff reacted with the others chemicals in his system ?”

”Well , I understand that you haven’t analyze his blood , so we did it . The only substances we found in his system is this combination of thallium and arsenic.”

“What ?”

“Only two poisons .”

Catherine breathed relieved and took Sara’s hand in hers .

“Well , he suffered Acute exposures to arsenic , that is generally manifest with the choleralike gastrointestinal symptoms of vomiting ,often times bloody and severe diarrhea which may be often bloody too ; he will experience acute distress, dehydration and hypovolemic shock. When you called me he was just having a shock .”

“But , if there are only two things in his blood , you can’t just create a cure ? only using those two…”

“No ,miss , because we don’t know what concentration was used in the first place ; with the doses we gave him , we only slowed , not stopped the effect …”

“Only slowed ? he has more time to live ?” Catherine interrupted .

“ …. But the sure thing is that he has the same time to live … only twenty three hours . We only stabilized him , we couldn’t get that stuff out of his system “the doctor continued , with this answering to her question ”The trivalent forms or arsenic are more toxic and react with thiol groups, while the pentavalent forms are less toxic but uncouple oxidative phosphorylation. . And he wasn’t so lucky to receive a pentavalent one …Very few organ systems escape the toxic effects of arsenic. “

“Okay doctor .” Sara said .”and when can we see him ?”

“In an hour , after I’m done . And the bad news is that now I can’t give him any painkiller , because they’ll react to the BAL and produce an cardiac arrest .”

“So , a last question : is better to stay awake in pain than asleep ? I don’t really understand why is there an improvement . He has the same time to live , but in pain….can you explain ?” Sara asked .

“Yeah . Before , those 23 hours were the best … it wasn’t sure . I couldn’t say he had that much . Now he does . And another thing : then , if you found the cure in the last hour , probably his body wouldn’t react to it ; now it will until he’s dead . Understand ?”

“So , he has better chances to survive ?”

“Oh yeah .”

The doctor left .

“So , this must be good news ? That he lied to us ?” Sara asked .

“Well , there are still bad news … but why to give us his blood with so many chemicals ? And why the hell we didn’t check his blood after we found him ?”

“I think I know the answer .” Sara told her “you see , if we worked with the blood he gave us , maybe we were developing a cure that killed him… he would make us all feel guilty for his death .this was his purpose . ”

“You’re right …how could we be so idiots ?”

Catherine took out her cell phone and dialed Grissom’s number .

“Hey Cath !”

“Hey Gil .”

“Everything okay ?”

“News .”

“What news ?”

“Hodges lied to us .”

“What ?”

“Remember , he gave us the blood , Greg’s blood with those poisons , right ? ” Catherine tried to stay calm .

“Yeah…”

“That was a lie , a big one ! In Greg’s system are only two substances : thallium and arsenic . Nothing more .Nothing less .”

“This is good ?”

“It may be ; we only need to find out what concentrations were used .But he has still 23 hours to live ”

“So , why the hell Hodges lied ?”

“Think a little … we create a cure , an antidote for thirteen different poisons and in his system are only two of those….got it ?”

“So , that bastard wanted to make us kill Greg ? I can’t believe this . ” Grissom asked , dazed .

“Greg had a seizure , he started throwing up and the doctor told me this stuff after he checked him .By the way , where are you guys ?”

“ On the way to the house . We have a few minutes . So I understand that his blood can’t give them what they need , huh ?”

“No”

“Okay then . I’ll go with the guys . Be careful and keep him fighting , okay ”Grissom said to her , before she hung up .

….

Here is chapter 25 ! Sorry if there are too many technical terms … I wanted to sound that there is no hope left…. Am I bad ? maybe , you’ll never know .

Please review !

14. MacsGirlMel

I just hope he gets better soon!

15. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Trap

So , Grissom , Nick and Warrick left to the house whose they found on the notebook . How they knew this what the good one ? They didn’t , this was just a hope , that they will find the bastard .Very soon , they had to find him , so they were trying everything . After returning from the hospital , Nick was very stressed and easy to annoy ,but still very quiet . He was never like that . Warrick was very affected , and it shows he yelled at everybody , even if they weren’t guilty .. Grissom , well , he was Grissom , just a little more scared than the usual .

“So , do you think this is the good address ?” Warrick asked , looking again on the paper that in his hand .

“I don’t know , is possible . At this moment everything is possible . We will just follow the tracks , maybe we will get somewhere ” Grissom told them .

After that , again quiet . All three guys had their own thoughts , their own fears . The biggest fear was that they’ll lose this crazy guy who was their friend . That they will lose Greg forever. The simple thought that there was a possibility to save him gave those guys a lot of power to work , to find the guy responsible for this and stop him . Hodges had to pay . For what he did to Greg , for what he did to Greg . He had to go to jail .

That deadly silence was annoying . Nick started talk this time .

“How do you think Greg’s feeling ?” he asked , worries visible on his face .

“I don’t know . Let’s call Catherine .” Warrick offered .

“Not now , later .We have three minutes and we are there .” Grissom told them .

….

-at the hospital-

Catherine was looking at Greg , who was now sleeping peacefully , but she couldn’t say for how long . The doctor told her they couldn’t give him more painkiller , so she must expect for the worst . Looking at her watch , she saw there were only twenty-two hours left . She closed her eyes and prayed for guys to find the poison/antidote soon , because .without it there wasn’t and chance for Greg’s survival .

Sara was sitting in the other corner of the room , looking at the machines that were there for the moments when Greg will not be able to breath on his own . In her eyes was fear , a powerful fear . She have seen Nick buried alive , she was in a explosion , but she have never been more scared than now . Never .

The waiting was killing them . They knew that in every moment Greg could wake up yelling in excruciating pain and they will ,look powerless at him ; they had no power over the pain ; if they had , that will have been over soon .

“Sara ….” Catherine whispered , waking Sara , who was almost asleep .

“What is it ? Are you okay ? Is he okay ?” she asked pointing to Greg .

“Yeah , it’s not that . Sorry if I awaked you…”

“No problem.”

“Well….I don’t know , this thing overwhelmed me … can we talk about this ? ”

“I understand . I am scared too Catherine ; I miss Greg too”

Catherine smiled .

“You know … I never imagined him … like…like that , I don’t know ….”

“I feel powerless , you know ? I never felt this ….a new feeling for me”

“The thing that frightens me most is when I look at him like now and I think that there is a possibility to never wake up again …” Catherine said “and when he’ll wake up … you know the painkiller is not good for him now , so they can’t help him stop the pain”

“I know , Catherine , I know it'll react with BAL . The doctor told me too , remember ?”

“Yeah ,sorry , is just I am way too stressed ”

“I just want him back ; safe , healthy and crazy . The usual .I hope this thing is not going to change his personality , because I like it ! ” Sara smiled .

“Really ? I think he’s too old to be so crazy….”

“Come on Cath , can you imagine Greg ….not Greg? Without his hairstyles and his clothes ? really , that is not Greg ! ” Sara laughed , remembering the time Greg was still a tech .

“You are right …. He’s unique ; so sweet and so unique .”

“Have you called the guys ?”

“They said they found an address and are heading that way ; they also told me to wait for them to call. ”

“Alright , then . Let’s wait for the call.”

A doctor that was walking down the hallway stooped at the door and listened all the conversation . He took off his cell and dialed a number .

“Boss . Jim here . The guys are going in .”

“Alright , Jimmy , thanks . come here quickly .”

….

“You said three minutes , Grissom ! Not half an hour !” Nick yelled .

“I didn’t know , Nick , I have no idea how hard is to drive on these roads .”

“Dean !” Hodges yelled .

“Yeah , boss , what happened ?” the guy asked , opening his eyes .

“We’ll have guests . Let’s prepare an welcome party for them , shall we ?” David smiled , making a sign for Dean to follow him .

“So , what are we going to do ?” Mercury asked again , a horrid grin , a sadistic one , on his face .

“Well , let’s say we are going to catch three stupid CSIs . you okay with that ?” Hodges asked , looking straight at them and knowing the answer already .

“CSIs …. These are working whit police , right ?” Dead replied , smiling again .

“They are some bastards who help the police to catch bad guys like us .To put them in jail .You understand ? Probably because of them you were imprisoned .Because of them ”

“Because of them ??? They made me live through that hell , I hate them ! I’m in .”

“Boss” Jim knocked at the door “they are coming soon , let me in .”

Hodges opened the door and the face on Jim Bull appeared in the doorframe . After entering , he close it and went to take a seat beside Dead .

“So , what were you talking with Dead , boss ?” he asked .

“We are going to make a little party for the CSIs . You interested ?”

“ Oh , yeah . One of those creatures sent me to jail , I own them this . “

“So , let’s begin .“

They entered the door that led to the bedroom .

…..

“Grissom , this is the house , right ?” Warrick asked .

“Yeah …. This it write so .”

They got out of car . And headed to the door , they walked fast , just to see sooner if there was something .,

“Let’s see if is anybody home . ”

They withdrew their guns and Warrick broke the door . Nick was the first to enter . Looking there , he saw nothing .

“Is clear ! “he yelled .”No one in ….”

Warrick and Grissom lowered their guns and entered too .

“Let’s search inside , maybe we will find something that’ll help us . ”

They were at the first floor of that big house .

Nick took the bathrooms , Warrick the bedroom and Grissom the rest .

-Nick-

He took some swabs of blood he saw on the toilet , some unknown substances from the floor . Nothing special . Some towels . Like usual .

In the first bathroom it was done .

He went to the second . In there , looking in a mirror , he heard a loud sound and turned around to see where it was coming from . Then….

-Warrick-

After taking some fibers from the pillow , he opened the drawers and saw some papers and books . He sat on the bed , where he read the files he found . After looking on more pages , he smiled .

“Very interesting “ he spoke loudly , then he raised to his feet , but a shadow appeared in front of him ….

-Grissom-

The living room in that house was huge . He started from a corner , but found anything , except for some blood . Searching for other evidences , he went to the first floor , following a trail of blood .

“Nick ? Warrick ?” he asked .

No answer .

“Nick !!! Warrick !!!” he yelled .

He rushed in the room he knew Nick was in . Well , only his kit , open , was there . No Nick . Then he entered the bedroom , where he found Warrick’s kit .

“Where the hell are you guys ?” he asked , opening the door where it wrote “Julie’s room”.

“You were looking for me ?” a voice asked .

Grissom turned around to see who was speaking . It was Hodges .

“What have you done with my boys ?”

But he never get the answer , because something hard hit him in the head and he passed out , falling on the cold floor , at Hodges’s feet .

“What shall we do with them ?” Dean asked .

“Tie him up and throw him in the basement , with the others . I want to play with them later “ Hodges laughed , kicking Grissom’s unconscious form with his foot .

….

Meanwhile , Catherine and Sara were waiting for a call . But it didn’t happened . They were worried .

Sara tried then Nick , but she got no answer .

Greg opened his yes and look at them .

“Hey , Greg” Catherine told him “how are you feeling ?”

“It … it hurts….” He squeezed his eyes shut .

“I know … I can’t help you …”

“Where ?”

“Where what ?”

“N-nick…W-warrick …G-grissom … where are they ?” he asked , obviously in pain .

“They found an address at the place you were and they went there to see if they can find something to help you . ”

“Listen…C-cath …” his breathing was erratic .

“Shhh , baby , don’t talk , keep your strength , okay ?” she caressed his hair .

“N-no t-time Cath…l-lis-sten t-to m-me ”

“What ? Something wrong , Greg ? Shall I call the doctor ?” she asked , looking at him worried .

“N-no ! n-not a-about t-this ! n-not a-about m-me ! You … you’ve g-got t-to s-stop t-them !” he yelled , the pain killing him .

“What ? Why ? Something happened ?”

“The … the house … is … is a t-trap !” he mumbled ,

“A trap ? Oh my God ! I’ll call Brass ” she rushed to the door “Sara you stay with him , alright ? ”

“I want to go with you !”

“No time ! And you can’t , you are not feeling very well , you stay here !”

“At least keep me informed , please !”

Catherine ran to the car and left immediately , calling Brass and telling him to met there .

-at the house in the basement-

Warrick opened his eyes just to see Nick lying beside him , unconscious and Grissom , far in the other corner , unconscious too .

“Nick ? “He shook him

Nick moaned opened his eyes to see the darkness around him .

“Warrick ? Where are we ? What happened ?” I have no idea , man , I have no idea”

…..