CSI LV fic "A sick man's game" Greg centered drama/suspense

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericloca, May 20, 2007.

1. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Re: CSI LV fic "A sick man's game" Greg centered drama/suspe

Ch 17 What happened with Greg ?

“Sara ?” he asked looking at her and then passed out .

….

Catherine’s house

“Why aren’t the guys here yet ? ” Catherine asked , worried , looking often at her watch .

“I dunno … I’ll call Nick” Warrick said , taking the phone from his pocket and calling a number .

The door bell rang . Catherine opened the door and let Archie , Jacqui and Brass enter , all with gifts for Greg .

“Hey , guys , have you seen Greg , Sara or Nick ?” Catherine asked , almost trembling .

“No , we left before them , to get here quickly .”Archie answered .

Another rang .

“Hey , Hodges .”

“Hey , the guys are not here yet ? I thought I was late .” he said , looking inside the house “what , they are not here yet ?”

“No ,they haven’t arrived , I’m worried . Warrick , anything from Nick ?”

“No , he’s not answering . I’m worried .”

“Yeah , me too . What could have happened ?”

“Grissom , have you tried Greg’s and Sara’s phones ?”

”Yeah , but no answer .” the older man told them “I don’t like this ”

They started to worry . What could late them so much ? And why the hell they didn’t answer to the cell phones … something bad happened …they knew it .

Brass’s phone rang and he answered quickly .

“Hello ? Yes ,”he spoke , giving the officer who called him directions ” thank you .”

“Who was it ?” Catherine asked .

“Guys , we have trouble …”

“What ?”

“A Chevrolet SUV, license plate number 475 GZI had an accident ….”

“Oh God … Nick’s car … how are the guys ?”

“The rescue team is there … but the officer didn’t know more … let’s go ”

They left the house , letting Jacqui and Archie there with Catherine’s mother and Hodges left .

They walked to the card started the engines and left in a hurry . All the way they were quiet ., no one made a sound . Grissom was driving with Brass and Catherine with Warrick .

When they arrived at the scene they saw the horrible view : a car , Nick’s SUV , who hit a tree. The car was almost destroyed . The front window was broken . Grissom took a sample from the blood that was on the glass .

The EMT got Nick and Sara out of the car . Sara was badly injured , while Nick only had a few scratches on his forehead , but he wasn’t okay .

“How are they ?” Grissom asked one of the technicians .

“The man is pretty fine , while the girl has a big concussion , but I’ll think they are going to be alright . ” he smiled .

“How about Greg , how is he ?”

“Who is Greg ?”

“The second man who was in the car . ”

“Mister , only two peoples were in the car …”

“What ? Greg was with them , wasn’t he Rick ?” Catherine asked .

“Yes , he was . What , he hasn’t been taken by an ambulance ?” he asked .

“No … they told me he wasn’t here … they only found Sara and Nick …” Catherine’s voice was trembling .

“What the hell happened ? Where is Greg ?” Grissom yelled .

“I don’t know , Griss , I’ll go to the hospital with Nick , see if he knows something …” Warrick said .

Meanwhile , in a house , not far away from the accident , two guys threw a body on the floor of a room .

“What shall we do with him ?” one of them asked .

“We’ll tie him and wait for the boss to arrive …listen , check if he’s still alive “

The other putted his hand on his neck and felt a pulse , slow , but there was one .

“He’s alive”

“You trust this boss?”

“I don’t care , as long as he give me some money … okay a lot of money … I’ll do whatever he say … he found us two days ago , when we didn’t have a buck and now … now we have many bucks , so I’m not complaining , I’ll do whatever he say to .”

“Yeah , but why do you think he wanted us to kidnap him ?”

“Revenge …I’ll call him to tell that everything is fixed .”

They tied the guy and left the room , letting the poor guy to stay there , on the cold floor . Good that he was unconscious .

…..

At the hospital

“Mr. Brown , you can go in to see Mr. Stokes” a doctor told him .

“Thank you , doctor”

“Hey ” Warrick said entering the small room .

“Hey , Warrick”

“How are you feeling ?”

“My head hurts like hell , but rest I’m fine . ”

“Glad to hear it . Nick , can you tell me what happened ?”

“We were driving … Sara was … outside started raining … I was talking to Greg … I told Sara to slow down … she said the brakes weren’t working ,… Greg yelled for her to watch out and then we hit something … this is all I remember … sorry . ”

“It’s okay , really .”

“So , how are Sara and Greg ? I saw Sara unconscious on the seat and I saw Greg flying through the window …. Then all became black … ”

“Well , Sara had a concussion , but she’ll be fine . ”

“How about Greg ?”

“I don’t know how to say it …. We didn’t find Greg at the scene …”

“What ?! What do you mean ?”

“He wasn’t there we only found his blood on the pieces of broken glass and on the front of the car … but the rain erased everything .”

“But he couldn’t left the place of the accident , he was too badly injured …”

“Yeah , man , I know that … but where can he be ?”

“You know something , Rick ? Before we left the lab Greg told me something who didn’t seem important at the time , but now …”

“What , what did he tell you ?”

“He told me that the guys who kidnapped him were three … not just two ..”

”Oh my God …”

“And he told me that he almost remembered how the third looked like …”

“This can’t be possible …something is after us … someone really wants revenge .” Warrick said

2. Shanna_Banana

Shanna_Banana Dead on Arrival

this is reallyyy good..
    nice and suspensefull. Keep it up =]

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Awww how come you keep hurting him? You do know you're evil right? lol

4. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Let Greg be ok, keep going I have to know what happen next.

5. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 18 Looking for revenge

The two guys that took Greg from the accident scene went out to call their boss , to tell him that all happened as planned .

“Hey , Boss ?” one of them said .

“Yeah , Jim .”

“We’ve got the guy , because we saw he had a pulse … you told us to take him if he will not be die in the accident .

”Oh , so he is alive ? Good job guys … the other two , how are they ? They are dead ?” the Boss asked .

“I don’t think so . The girl hit her head , the boy same thing … they were conscious when we went to see if this one is alive , we looked at them too ”

“Okay , guys , I trust you . Now going back to our business , you’ll get the money when I’ll came to the house , alright ? ”

“Yeah , Boss , whatever you say . ”

“Okay , take Dean and meet you there , take care no one sees you two.”

The boss hung up . Jim took his buddy and they entered together the house . They sat on the chair , impatient to take the money quickly and disappear . They were searched by police , they were two peoples who escaped the prison , fugitives .

The first guy , the one who talked with the boss was called Jim Bull , he was from Denver . He was a robber , he have stolen twenty million dollars from a bank and shot two guys , a cop and a man who worked at that bank . The cop died from the loss of blood . .

Jim became a robber just because his parents , his brother , his friends had this job … and he loved to steal .

The other one , Dean Mercury , born in Washington. He looked normal , but he was a dangerous criminal . He had been convicted to a life sentence , but he ran away and the feds couldn’t catch him . He was very smart . Looking so innocent , this guy was a killing machine ; he murdered five young women just because he loved to see them suffering . He tortured them until they lost their lives . This guy was a mad man . He became a murderer just because he liked the feeling of warm blood on his hands … he killed his parents .

Those guys were fugitives when they met the Boss two days ago , who gave them 5,000 bucks just to cut the breaks from a car .And to take one of the guys from that car if he survived , thing they did .

Jim and Dean turned around to look at the guy who was lying tied up on the floor . This guy seemed so innocent … why the Boss wanted so bad to kill him ? … but to ask wasn’t their job , they have done their job and now were waiting for the reward .

They saw this poor guy , who wasn’t even conscious , he didn’t make a move or a sound or something … they checked his pulse often , not wanting that boss find him dead .

He looked so awful , he had been badly injured in the accident . He was young , they gave him twenty seven years , he had a crazy hairstyle , funny clothes who were soaked with blood… his jeans , his shirt… what was left from them .

On his chest and hands were cuts , deep ones , from the window he flew through .His head was all red from the big wound he had on his forehead .

On his stomach they saw a stain who was becoming bigger minute by minute . Jim lifted the guy’s shirt and saw that a piece of glass had cut his stomach , deep and painful . He was loosing lots of blood threw that wound .

“Dean , do we have something to put on his wound ? He will die , losing so much blood …” Jim asked .

“Yeah , here, take this” Dean gave him a towel and Jim pressed it on Greg’s wound .

After pulling of Greg’s shirt , Jim looked at the scars on his chest .

“Oh my God , this looks like a whip trail …” he whispered , seeing after that the stabbings and the gunshot on his shoulder “what have been this guy through ?”

“What ?” Dean asked , raising his eyes from the magazine he was reading .

“Look at this guy’s scars …do we know his name ?”

“No , but have you searched his pockets ?”

Jim found in his jeans a wallet ; inside it was an ID card , some money , a cell phone number . He looked at the ID .

“This guy is a CSI , you know that ?” Jim spoke .

“What’s that ? I haven’t heard that word before …”

“A guy who investigate murders and solve them , who catch killers ..”

“Oh , my enemy …” Dean grinned .”so when boss said he’ll come ? ” he asked looking at the watch .

“Anytime , so we better get ready . I want to quit this mission .”

“What ? Jim ? Why the hell do you wanna leave ?”

“Look, Dean , you can stay , but I won’t , sorry , but I don’t kidnap cops …I don’t want to be caught after I tried so hard to escape , you understand? And you’d better come with me , Dean , you’d better come with me … ”

“Come on , Jimmy , we have only one thing to do , after that we’re free … don’t let me here alone , please !”

“Okay , one last mission ! But I don’t want to go to the prison again ”

They heard a knock . Jim pulled his gun out and opened the door .

“Hey , boss , glad you are here .” Jim said .

“Yeah , boys , whatever “ he said after entering . He sat on a chair and pulled out two envelopes ”. Here Jim your money … Dean , yours .”

“Thanks boss , but I wanna tell you something ”

“Not now , Jim , not now . Now I want to see the guy …”

They led Boss to the room Greg was sitting . Seeing him hurt and tied up , the boss smiled . He approached and put his fingers on Greg’s neck to feel a pulse and he was glad he found out the guy is still alive . The guy smiled seeing Greg’s wounds , seeing all that blood . He wanted revenge on Greg , that was for sure . But he wanted revenge on Greg ? On someone at the lab ? On all the team… no one knows what this psycho wants to do .He looked again at Greg and an evil grin appeared on his face …

“So , is enough money there ?”

“Yes , boss , thank you …. One question , why do you hate this guy so much ? And why he have all those scars ?”

“Jim , your curiosity can led you to death , you know that ? ” Boss looked it thief’s eyes .”I was kidding , you know I would never kill you guys as long as I need you .”

“And after that ?”

“After that you can leave wherever you want , with all the money … I don’t care .But now I have one single job for you , after that you’re free “

“Alright , what is it ?”

“You have to check at the hospital if Sara or Nick , the other two guys who were with this one in the car , saw you and if they know anything about me and if the other guys CSIs know about me , they if know that I am behind all this . After that , you can disappear .”

“That’s all ?” Jim asked “seems so easy ….” He smiled “And what do you want to do to the guys if they recognize you ?”

“Kill them .Well , is not easy … but is your last job , you’ll receive for this 10,000 dollars . Are you two in ?”

“Yes , boss , but one question , if they say your name , how do we know that they are talking about you?”

“You asked me my name ?”

“Yeah … can you tell us ?”

“My name is David Hodges“

so , what do you think ?

6. sarahSidle1981

Write more soon, I want to know what happen next.

7. MacsGirlMel

Yeah continue so you can make it better!

8. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 19 Who’s the kidnapper ?

At the hospital , on the waiting room , Catherine , Grissom and Warrick were waiting for news about Sara . Nick was alright , just sleeping and they let him rest . Someone entered and asked :

“Anyone here for miss Sara Sidle?”

“Yeah , all three of us ” Grissom answered “how is she ?”

“Well , miss Sidle is going to be fine , but she need to rest , very much rest . But I think in a week she can go to work . She suffered a concussion and a broken wrist , nothing more .”

“Can we see her , doctor ?” Catherine said “we are waiting for three hours”

“Of course , but be quiet .”

They opened the door of the waiting room and went out , entering Sara’s room . She looked so pale … poor girl … she was awake and looked at them smiling .

“Hey , Sara” Warrick said .

“Hey guys .”

”How are you feeling ?”

“Like I was in a car accident ” she laughed “pretty fine really”

“We are glad . “

“So , how are the guys ? Nick ? Greg ?” Sara asked .

“Well , Nick is better than you , he just hit his head , no big deal , he is leaving today .”

“And Greg ? How is Greg ?”

“Greg… was not at the scene .”

“What ?” she smiled , but soon realized this wasn’t just a bad joke “what do you mean he wasn’t at the scene ? He was with me in the front … ”

“We only found his blood on the window , the window he flew through .”

“Oh my God ! But where is he ?”

“We don’t know … remember , that night was raining , so all the trails disappeared .”

“Damn rain ! But where can he be ?”

“Nick told us that …”

A doctor entered the room and motioned for them not to pay attention to what he was doing . He changed her perfusion and looked over the room , while the guys were talking .

“So what Nick told you ?”

“He said that Greg mentioned that he was kidnapped by three guys , not only two ….”

“What means that one of those guys is still out …”

“And he might be the one who kidnapped Greg. God , I hate this ” Catherine spoke .”But I have no idea who this guy is ; Wilder and Bobby are dead …. No one can help us ! ”

“Slow down , Cath , slow down !” Warrick said “you’re not going to help Greg by yelling , alright ?”

“Look , War he has been through enough already …. He doesn’t deserve this things .. he’s just a victim , a toy into a sick man’s game … this thing bother me … because he is so innocent … and I want to know what’s going to happen next , Rick , I want to know this ! ”

“Catherine , I promise we are going to catch this guy and save Greg … but there is a thing I want to know , because I have a guess ”

“What ?” all of them asked .

“I think that this guy is the real one , the guy who kidnapped him the first time , because Wilder and Bobby were only accomplices ”

“Yeah , Grissom , you’re right . “

“Guys , but who could knew in what car Greg was , to cut the breaks ? They needed some time to cut them , you know .” Sara said .

“So this is the conclusion : the real kidnapper is someone from the lab . But who ?”

“This is the hardest part … I first thought at Ecklie , but even for him … he couldn’t have done this .”

“Who else from the lab hate us so much ?”

“We are friends with everybody , so I can’t think at anyone … but we can analyze the writing on the envelope , I haven’t thought at that ”

The doctor left . He went into the toilet , threw his coat , putted his jacket on and left . The guy entered into the car and took his cell phone . He dialed a number .

“Hey , boss , can I came to you ?Why ?News !Okay , I’ll be there in a couple of minutes ”

He started the engine . This guy was Jim . He stopped at the house Greg was . He knocked at the door .

“Who is it ?” Dean asked .

“Jim .”

Dean opened the door . He saw the boss preparing something in a syringe .

“Hey , boss !”

“Jimmy , boy , what are the news ?” Hodges said injecting the serum in Greg’s shoulder . Greg was now half awake .

“The guys , CSI team , I heard them talking . They said that the guy who kidnapped Greg is someone from the lab – and boss, you have written the first envelope ?”

“Yeah , why ?”

“You have to take it back , because they said they are going to analyze the writing .”

“Oh , so they wanna catch me ! That’s good , I have a surprise for them …”he smiled

Greg opened his eyes . He looked at the three guys around him . Greg was still in pain , but the bleeding stopped , thank God .

“Look who woke up !” Hodges laughed “good morning !”

“Hodges ? What the … ah..” he felt the pain on his head .

“How are you feeling today ?”

“What ? What happened ?”

“Look around ! What do you think ?”

“You bastard ! What the hell do you have with me ?”

“I hate you … I want to get revenge on you and on that dumb CSIs , because you never saw how good I was ! They always said , when you were in the lab that you were the best ! That no one is better than you ! I’ll show them that they were wrong ! I can defeat you ! ”

Greg felt his body trembling and a sharp pain in the chest .

“What have you done to me , you sick bastard ? You thought that I’ll never remember , don’t you ! You hoped that I’ll die in the fire ! You were wrong ! I survived ! You will never win ”

He felt another pain , and looking down at his stomach , he saw the cut he had , who stopped bleeding .

“I gave you something that will kill you slowly , painfully , and there is no way you will survive .”

“What ?”

“An experimental poison… you have two more days to live … Bye bye ! ”

9. sarahSidle1981

No, Greg can't die. write more soon, I need to know what happen next.

10. MacsGirlMel

Yeah more more fix it now!

11. Shanna_Banana

ahh its soo good... we need more =]=]

12. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

I'll update tomorrow ... sorry because I'll let you waiting !

13. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Ch 20 Hodges

“An experimental poison… you have two more days to live … Bye bye ! ”

“What ? How ?”

“Can’t you understand ? You have 48 hours to live !” Hodges laughed .

Greg closed his eyes . This can’t be happening , he thought . Not to me . God , God , I am going to die … here alone … in pain … this time no one can save me … damn Hodges …

“So , what surprise have you prepared for Grissom and the others ?” Greg spoke , even if he was frightened . very frightened .

“They are going to love this … something they will love , to remember the thing Nick has been through . But they will have a little disadvantage , because … they will not be able to save you ” Hodges laughed evilly “they will not find the cure to the poison , because there isn’t one ….”

….

Sara was still in the hospital . Catherine and Warrick were waiting for the result from the writing analyze.

They were impatient , very impatient .

“Here are your results . I compared them with the writings of all peoples in the crime lab and I found a match , the name is … ” a young lab tech told them .

Warrick took the paper from girl’s hand and read it once , twice and then looked back at Catherine , straight in her eyes .

“What is it , Warrick ? Who is the guy who wrote it ? Who kidnapped Greg ?”

“Oh my God “ whispered “that bastard , Hodges !!!” he yelled .

“What ?” the blonde asked and looked on the file “oh my God , that sick bastard !I am going to kill him , torture him until he screams for death !”

“Slow down ! Now we have to find him and to make him tell us where Greg is !”

In one corner of that hallway was a young man , who has listened every word those guys said . He took his cell-phone and called someone .

“Boss , is me Jim . They found out about you .”

He hung up .

At the lab (12:45 p.m. , two hours since Hodges injected the serum in Greg’s body)

Warrick and Catherine rushed to the lab . They entered quickly Grissom’s office , where he was talking with Nick and Brass .

“Hey , guys , found anything ?” Nick asked .

“Yeah , and it’s no good . ”

“What ?”

“We found out who the kidnapper is , Nicky , that happened .”

“And don’t keep up the suspense , tell us who . Someone from the lab ?“

“Yes . Is Hodges .”

”What ?!” Grissom , Nick and Brass asked “Hodges ? He kidnapped Greg ?Oh my God ! Where the hell is that bastard ?! I am going to slit his throat , understand ?” Nick yelled .

“Let’s find him !”

They ran on the hallway , directly to the Trace . But there was none . They went to break room . There Jacqui sitting with the others tech .

“Jacqui , have you seen Hodges ?”

“No , Grissom , I haven’t . But why are you searching him ? He took day off , in case you forgot !” she answered .

“A … yeah , I forgot . Anyone knows where Hodges is living ?” Nick asked .

“But why are you guys searching Hodges ? Something happened ?”

“The writing in the first envelope we received about Greg is his ! Greg remembered a third person , understand ?”

“Do you mean ….”Archie started .

“That Hodges is Greg’s kidnapper ?! Oh my Lord… I thought Bobby was the only betrayer in the lab…”

“I think Hodges is the leader of this thing . ”

“Oh my… I don’t think he’s so idiot to stay at home now …he works in a crime lab. He knows how to cover his trails. Damn it !”

“Okay , Nick , that’s it ! Now I’ll, talk to Brass to send some of his guys to look inside

Hodges’s house . ”

1:30 pm

Two young cops received Brass’s call and they entered the house . Hodges’s house . They broke the door , because there was no answer , so they entered . Everything was empty , the house looked like it was for sale . Empty . In the middle of the living room was a white box , and beside her a little bottle with a red liquid . One of the cops approached the table and took the two objects . He asked himself what the hell was the liquid in the bottle . And , more , what the hell was in the box .

Brass just arrived the scene . He climbed out from his car and saw the cops with the things in their hands .

“How could you be so idiots , guys , why the hell you took those things without gloves ?!” he yelled to his men . “Now maybe you erased the fingerprints ! ”

“Sorry , boss … ”

“Put the hell that down ! You might have been erased the only evidences we have to find a CSI ! Maybe because of you he is going to die !”

Brass took his cell out and called Grissom .

“Gil , we found a box an box with your name on it , at Hodges’s house . You’d better come here quickly .”

“Alright , Jim , wait twenty minutes .”

“Nick , you go with me . Catherine , you try to find out everything you can about Hodges . Warrick , you process again all the evidences from the accident . Work , guys , we need to find Greg !”

….

Grissom and Nick drove crazy to the scene . When they arrived , they almost ran to see what Brass had . He showed them the box and the bottle .

The first thing Nick did was to open the box and he found a letter with his name on it . When he opened the envelope , he pulled out the letter , he read it and felt all the world collapsing on him… he closed his eyes , his heart started beating faster and he almost fell on the floor , but Grissom caught him .

“No , Griss , damn it , this can’t be happening ! ” Nick yelled

14. Shanna_Banana

keep up the good work!! =]

15. sarahSidle1981

Keep going I need to know what happens next, No Greg can't Die.