CSI books.

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Daquien, Jul 19, 2005.

1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

What book do you guys recommend that I get first?

2. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

i think its would be best to start with the first one (in which ever series you want) because it will normally say the name of the title of the next book but in the sequals to the books they do list the previous books though also

3. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

What is the first book for CSI Las Vegas?

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ You might like to take a look at the merchandise list that the lovely Lucy posted. All the books (and their date of release) are listed. :)

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I got the Deluge today and can't wait untill I start (5mins!) I have heard great things from 'Macslady'!!

6. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ nat, it's a great book ^_^ seriously. ;)

when is the new books for LV and NY coming out? and I heard that M.A.C. and SK aren't gonna write it right?

oh wait, never mind about NY, i just saw the earlier posts :p ooh! good luck with it KRAD! ^_^

i like how the books aren't eppies.... they tell us something new about teh characters that they can't/won't show on tv. aaannndd... they're juicy :p the character developments are amazing, they just make me love the characters even more. :D

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Besides KRAD, we have the honor of having another author join us on this board. As Ken Goddard mentioned in a post above...
    Amazon.com lists the release date as October 30.

8. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

:eek: i'm so sorry i missed that! (how DID i miss that :p) anyway, i'm sorry and mr. ken, that's awesome :D
    i can't wait for the new books! that reminds me... i havta buy Snake Eyes soon XD

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

If anyone is interested, Shane (vegaslights) has done an interview with Ken Goddard about the new CSI book amongst other things. You can read it here at Shane's Modern Day Sherlock website.

10. Point

Point Dead on Arrival

Quick question: is "Deluge" better then "Blood on the Sun"? I have been having a hard time getting into it, even though I really liked "Dead of Winter" (first read that one while working on some fronts at work that go in paper...still managed to turn the pages with gloves on, hehe).

11. lady_erudite

lady_erudite Victim

Well... For me, "Deluge" was loads better than "Blood on the Sun". It really seemed that Stuart Kaminsky finally got the hang of writing CSI: NY -- less stuffy, more spontaneous -- that he was before. It was as if he finally saw the novelization individually, rather than just a tie-in. The plot, the characterization and the ambiance (if you can call it that) was more vivid and fun, without forsaking its "Big Apple-ness". You should give it a try sometime -- hopefully, you wouldn't be disappointed! :)

12. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ hm..
    well, if based on plot, i like BotS, and DoW.

but if its how it was written, i like Deluge. it was just great. ^^

13. Point

Point Dead on Arrival

I'll probably be going ahead and picking up Deluge this weekend then (if I can get to the store that is...O_O ). Gives me something to do, besides watching CSI DVD's and playing through the games again (it is not cool having this much time on my hands, hehe...I'm on lay off right now).

14. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I started "Deluge" the other day so it's still too early to tell if it's good.

15. KenGoddard

KenGoddard Hit and Run

:) That's quite all right. Plenty going on with the TV show and characters to keep you all on edge and distracted. BTW, I did include what I hope are some satisfying GRS moments in the IN EXTREMIS book, and I had some interesting ideas of how to put Gil & Sara in danger in the next book (whereby, in order to stay unharmed, they'd have to set aside their emotional ties in favor of cold logic), but those ideas are clearly no longer useful. Sigh. As you might suspect, it's a little frustrating to be at the mercy of the TV script writers (whom I help out every now and then with wildlife-related CSI info), but it's also an interesting challenge ... and certainly more fun than dealing with the upper echelons of the US Federal Government (my day job).