Criminal Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would work out... so well. OMG. Now I'm really set on the whole idea. Writers, are you listening? The timeslots are just perfect! :D

Would love to know what Gideon made of Danny Messer. Eek.

By the way, I'm in the UK, so I'm only just getting into Criminal Minds. My first reaction to Reid was - "oh god, not another socially-inept genius." As it happens, I love him as a character, but I'm wondering how many more times "the Grissom effect" can be repeated before it becomes painful. There's Grissom in Vegas, Zach & Temperance Brennan in Bones, Reid in Criminal Minds. Even House. There's probably more I can't think of, since I can only watch so many shows at once.

Thoughts?

It is true that Reid fits into that "socially-inept genius" category. One thing that I can say in his favor is that, as the season goes on, he gains a little bit of social know-how. He even goes on a date. ;) Yeah, it's not much, but it's better than nothing, I suppose. :p

What I think would be really interesting is if his character didn't act 'socially-inept' but seemed really 'normal' and 'well-adjusted.' And then we discover that, in reality, he can't really relate to everyone else despite how he appears to be. True, it would just be 'socially-inept' with a mask on it, but it would add some interest, don't you think? (Then again, I don't think my idea is very original either. :p)

Anywho, as for the CM/NY crossover, I'd love to see the CM team sitting in a room right after Danny leaves and sharing looks like, "WTF"--then Gideon would say something deep like, "He acts like a man who has something to hide." And then Reid would be like, "Clearly he has some dark secrets in his past." And Elle would be like, "His personality is unusual for a cop." And Morgan would chime in with, "His attitude gives me the impression that, whatever he's hiding, it's not good for his career." And them Mac would look up and go, "Duh!" :lol: (Yeah, that was pretty sad, I know... ;)) But it would be great to see how they react to the NY team, and also how the NY team reacts to them. I'm not sure how I think Danny would react--he'd either go along with the profiling easily and share his instincts about the crimes, or he'd want to totally dismiss whatever they say and get impatient waiting for them to profile. I can just see him throw a little Danny-drama into the scene where the CM team is describing the 'unsub' (can't you just hear Danny say that in a mocking tone and chuckling to himself? :lol:). It would be even better to see how he reacts when he realizes that the profilers are right--who thinks he'd admit that he was wrong? Nah, me neither. :lol:

But I think Danny's reaction to Reid would be the most interesting. :lol: And I wonder how Reid would react when Danny (unavoidably) checks J.J. out. :lol:

I demand that they film a crossover! :lol:

Faylinn said:
It is true that Reid fits into that "socially-inept genius" category. One thing that I can say in his favor is that, as the season goes on, he gains a little bit of social know-how. He even goes on a date. ;) Yeah, it's not much, but it's better than nothing, I suppose. :p

What I think would be really interesting is if his character didn't act 'socially-inept' but seemed really 'normal' and 'well-adjusted.' And then we discover that, in reality, he can't really relate to everyone else despite how he appears to be. True, it would just be 'socially-inept' with a mask on it, but it would add some interest, don't you think? (Then again, I don't think my idea is very original either. :p)

Anywho, as for the CM/NY crossover, I'd love to see the CM team sitting in a room right after Danny leaves and sharing looks like, "WTF"--then Gideon would say something deep like, "He acts like a man who has something to hide." And then Reid would be like, "Clearly he has some dark secrets in his past." And Elle would be like, "His personality is unusual for a cop." And Morgan would chime in with, "His attitude gives me the impression that, whatever he's hiding, it's not good for his career." And them Mac would look up and go, "Duh!" :lol: (Yeah, that was pretty sad, I know... ;)) But it would be great to see how they react to the NY team, and also how the NY team reacts to them. I'm not sure how I think Danny would react--he'd either go along with the profiling easily and share his instincts about the crimes, or he'd want to totally dismiss whatever they say and get impatient waiting for them to profile. I can just see him throw a little Danny-drama into the scene where the CM team is describing the 'unsub' (can't you just hear Danny say that in a mocking tone and chuckling to himself? :lol:). It would be even better to see how he reacts when he realizes that the profilers are right--who thinks he'd admit that he was wrong? Nah, me neither. :lol:

But I think Danny's reaction to Reid would be the most interesting. :lol: And I wonder how Reid would react when Danny (unavoidably) checks J.J. out. :lol:

I demand that they film a crossover! :lol:

Actually, what I love about Reid is he DOES attempt to be normal. They encourage him to date and such, although he's forever the butt of jokes. But he's not scared of people, in the same way that Zack from Bones is.

I'd like to see Danny face-off with Morgan. Because you know they're so alike they'd hate each other, right? Macho play a-go-go. It'd be a contest to see who could pose more with their gun, or get the attention of the laydeez, or get into most fights. And it will drive everyone nuts, until they fwap both of them.
Reid would be off having intellectual conversations with Hawkes, me thinks. Swapping hot sweater-vest tips. (What is it with stylists putting intellectual characters in sweater vests?! Are they not allowed other types of clothing?)

Could you imagine the sparks that would fly if the evidence and the profile disagreed with one another? *Imagines a Danny/Morgan catfight* Mmmm...
Or:

Danny: We found the dirt from the crime scene in the back of his truck! This guy's a murderer! I don't care what the 'profile' says!
*Gideon and Hotch stare piercingly at him*
*Crickets chirp*
*Danny shifts nervously*
*Gideon and Hotch finish dissecting Danny's psyche*
*In the background...* Reid: Younger males tend towards unplanned, uncontrolled crimes, whereas older ones like to calculate their killings carefully... etc... etc...

Ooh, Danny and Morgan in a testosterone-fest? Fay likes! :p :lol: And Hotch and Mac are in the background sharing a look. Hawkes and Reid shake their heads with a "when will they learn?" sort of look. The girls are totally avoiding the whole situation. Then Zack from Bones mysteriously shows up and says, "In the words of, er, me, why don't you guys just lay them out on the table and measure?"
Morgan: Ha-HAH! *triumphant laugh* Where's the ruler?
Danny: *competitive glare* I have one in my kit.
*Hotch and Mac turn their eyes heavenward, ask for patience, and walk silently away*
*Hawkes and Reid hurry off to have intelligent conversation about the case*
*The girls all show up*
Morgan: ha-HAH!
Danny: Boom.
Girls: ...

:lol:

BTW: I know that Reid tries to fit in--it's sad (and strange) when fitting in would be something new and different. :rolleyes: :p

I would like to see Grissom and Gideon meet. The two could spend hours on "The Battle of the Obscrue Quotes..."

I love Reid. Yeah he has geek written all over him, but he is learning how to deal with people. I don't think he is in danger of Grissom. I think he is time with Hotch, Morgan and the rest of the people at the BAU will help make sure that doesn't happen. I think that Reid as found his nitch. I think it took Grissom a long time to find his...

Yeah, I think Reid fits into the BAU team really well. :D One of the things that I really like is the fact that, although the others (particularly Morgan) might pick on him, in the end they all respect him and know that he can do his job. :)
CM-GublerasReid.jpg

I love Reid. I think I have at least one Reid-squee every episode. He needs to let his hair flop more. It's adorable.

And Fay, thank you SO much for the image of Morgan and Messer laying them on the table. Lovely. I'll just... go off and think about that for a while. Hmm... yep...

I recently started watching Criminal Minds around the holidays after a friend recommended it to me. I decided to giv eit a try b/c ANOTHER repeat of Lost was being shown.

First ep I saw was a kidnapping of a twin sister & it was scary as all hell. The writing & plots are fresh, and I for one like tv is neither predictable but challengees me to think and become involved in a work of fiction.

I never like Mandy Patinkin or Thomas Gibson, and that is what probably deterred me from watching CM in September. However, I think that their flushed out characters really do make the aforementioned actors for me now.

Love Gracia & Shemar Moore' sexchanges especially when he thanks her and calls her sweetheart. Ah, the flirting is such fun ... and if you both parties don't see it as sexual harassment it's not. ;-)

Reid is incrediably captivated with JJ ... but she seems so professional all the time ... will nerdy Redid everget the girl? .....

CM seems to compliment CSI:NY so I am hoping that there will be no schedule cahnges next season. I am a fan of LOST but it has been SOOOOO slow (and a bit disappointing)this year until just recently and well I am inclined these days to watch CM & tape LOST.

-Irene

love Reid. I think I have at least one Reid-squee every episode. He needs to let his hair flop more. It's adorable.
I don't actually squee, but I think about it. :lol: My family would look at me strangely if they knew I was crushing on Matthew Gray Gubler--I think one has to experience MGG to appreciate him. :lol:
And Fay, thank you SO much for the image of Morgan and Messer laying them on the table. Lovely. I'll just... go off and think about that for a while. Hmm... yep...
At first I was confused about the 'image'--I was like, "I didn't post any pictures of Shemar Moore and Carmine," but then I remembered what you were referring to and just laughed. :lol: (I obviously forgot about that little story since I was on here last! :lol:) I thought that having Danny say "Boom" was fitting with his character. :lol: (it's so sad that I crack myself up... :p :lol:)

Anywho... :D

I'm glad you watched an episode, Irene. :D CM is one of my favorite shows to watch right now, and I love it when someone else likes it too. The episode with the kidnapped twin was a very good one. :)

As for Reid liking JJ, in one of the earliest episodes, Gideon gave Reid some football tickets for his birthday and suggested that he invite JJ to go with him. They never mentioned much about the 'date' except for Reid to acknowledge that they went to the game and tell Morgan that he wasn't sharing details. But other than that, they just left us hanging! :p

I also love the conversations between Garcia and Morgan--they're usually some of the best moments in the episodes! :lol:

I didn't really know anything with Thomas Gibson in it, and I'd only seen Mandy on "Dead Like Me," so I had no qualms about watching the show when it came on. :D The fact that it's right before CSI:NY didn't hurt either. ;) I can't wait until Wednesday nights so that I can watch the two shows back to back. (And I'm still crossing my fingers for a crossover! :p) All that, and LOST sort of, well, lost my interest pretty quickly. I mean, if I watch it I'll be interested, but I don't really miss it, so why bother trying to tape it each week if it'll just sit around and collect dust until I get a wild hair up my butt and watch it? (That's usually what happens with CSI and CSI:Miami--I don't really like them as much as CSI:NY so I put off watching the episodes I tape :p)

I want to put it on record I LOVE Garcia. So many women in TV shows annoy me, because they're often stereotyped or one-dimensional. Garcia though... she kicks ass. She's not the skinny, eye-candy we'e so often "treated" to. She's smart, and funny, and her style is unique and awesome. The fact she flirts endlessly with the token "hunk", Morgan, makes me love her even more. I want more women like her on TV!

WOW another show I like. Loved Mandy Patinkin since Chicago Hope. This show is just awesome. CBS did an outstanding job this season with hit shows. As far as I know every CBS show I like has been picked up for another season. Just one I haven't heard about so if anyone can help me. It's called Close to Home. Thanks.

I'm glad you like Criminal Minds, Kat. :D I sent you a private message about Close to Home. ;)

I love Garcia too, Lyn. :D She's so fun and I think Kirsten Vangsness really fits the character. So much of the show is serious that someone like Garcia is really necessary to keep things interesting. :p And as a girl who doesn't fit the typical 'eye-candy' role, as you put it, I can appreciate the choice of actress for the show. ;) And the fact that she's always flirting with Morgan is great! :lol:

Thomas Gibson use to play in a soap I use to watch.As the World Turns. He played a love interest of Martha Byrne's. He also played in Another World & Dharma & Greg. Never watched those two. Hope this helped some. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back