Criminal Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I didn't notice his nails at first, but when I rewatched the episode not too long ago, I realized that they kind of zoomed in on his hands, so I couldn't help but see them and how long his nails were. Now, they aren't that bad if I'm being totally fair, and at least they weren't dirty, but if I was on tv I'd pay closer attention to every part of my appearance. ;)

I've been looking for screencaps myself, but I haven't been able to find any yet. I guess I'm so spoiled with CSI that I just expect them to be around somewhere! :lol: I have found some pictures of the actors and some promotional pictures, but that's about it. I have a section in my photobucket account for them if you click my banner *points down at banner*--I don't think I saved every picture that I found of the actors, but I saved at least one of each of them I think. I got most of the pictures from imdb.com and tv.com, if I remember correctly, so you might check there for more pictures of the actors. Sorry I don't have any screencaps, but I guess you could make some avvies from these pics. :D Hope that helps.

Edit: I just realized that I do have a section of episode screencaps--the reason why I forgot is that I didn't find a site that had screencaps, but I found them individually--they would be part of articles about the show, etc. and I just saved them and put them together. So I guess I can share some caps with you. :D (Man, I felt so stupid when I went back to my account and saw that I had labeled the section and everything. You can tell I haven't been in there for a while! :lol:)

Oh, that is so helpful, having all the pictures in one place like that! I think I may bookmark your photobucket account. Thanks so much! :D

I'm glad I could help you find CM pictures. ;) It is much nicer to have them all in one place rather than having to visit several different websites for pictures. :D

This criminal minds web page is reporting that the show has been officially picked up by CBS for season 2! This means we are assured another 13-20 episodes! I'm completely happy about this.

Last night's episode was so good. I thought it was hilarious when Garcia, Elle, and JJ were sitting at the desks watching Hotch and his brother have an argument.

Yay! Another season of CM! *does a little jig* Woot! :lol:

I taped the new episode, but I haven't watched it yet. It looked really good though. :D

Yes! More episodes!

Hah, I loved Garcia's reaction especially... Made me laugh out loud. :lol: They're such gossipers. Maybe it has to do with the whole profiler thing.

Which reminds me, was it ever stated whether Hotch was adopted or not? Because it really looks like that may have some merit... based on appearances, at least.

Also, was it just me, or was Hotch's hair odd in this episode? Something was going on with the fringe in the front... Or maybe I was just imagining it. :p

I finally watched this episode--It was so good!! :D

I think the "fringe at the front" has appeared in at least one episode before--his wife lets him style his hair like that? :rolleyes: :lol:

I loved the little group that was watching Hotch with his brother! It was so funny when Garcia shoved that toilet paper into that random guy's arms to follow him. :lol:

As for Hotch being adopted, I think they were just making a point that they looked so different (and their personalities are very different as well ;)). I wonder how old Hotch is supposed to be? My thought was that maybe they have the same dad but different mothers since the younger brother is 25--the difference could be explained by the fact that the father remarried. *shrug* Or maybe they just look different. :p

I thought it was so great when Reid spoke out of turn in the class full of kids. :lol: I love his youthful enthusiasm--his behavior gives the impression that he is, in many ways, still a kid himself. Sure, he's young, but that's not what I mean. Well, I'm sure you can see what I mean...d'you know what I mean? :lol:

I also liked the little fight scene at the end with Hotch and the Native American guy. (I want to say his name was Blackfoot, but I could be remembering incorrectly...) I was hoping that they'd resolve their differences and have a little bonding moment by the end of the show. :p Was the person that Hotch shot the blonde girl who was kidnapped? I couldn't get a good look at who it was before they hit the ground. But the scene with the bad guys tied up in crazy positions while Hotch and the other guy just chilled on the steps was priceless. :lol: I guess that was their bonding moment. ;)

Did anyone else burst out laughing when Reid said "clink"? I would think that one of the other team members would at least give him a look. :lol:

I'm glad that this episode focused more on Hotch. Usually, they all seem to concentrate on Reid and Gideon. Now they just need to do a story that follows Morgan around...maybe even into the shower...hey, a girl can dream, can't she? :eek: :lol:

Faylinn said:
I loved the little group that was watching Hotch with his brother! It was so funny when Garcia shoved that toilet paper into that random guy's arms to follow him. :lol:
She is so over-the-top sometimes... It's hard to imagine there are people actually like her in 'real life'. Yeah, we only wish. She's so cool! (In a geeky way, of course. :p )

*shrug* Or maybe they just look different. :p
That's always a possibility. In any case, if it does turn out that one of them is adopted, I'm proud of the writers for not making that an issue (or even bringing it up at all) in this episode. These sort of things tend to be used as a standard in character development, if you know what I mean. I.e. All the characters on CSI (all 3 of them, actually) bringing their unconventional upbringings into current cases as some sort of an 'issue'. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. :p

I thought it was so great when Reid spoke out of turn in the class full of kids. :lol: I love his youthful enthusiasm--his behavior gives the impression that he is, in many ways, still a kid himself. Sure, he's young, but that's not what I mean. Well, I'm sure you can see what I mean...d'you know what I mean? :lol:
I know what you mean. :D He still has that need to please, to prove himself to others. It's apparent every single time he goes off about some fact that the others might not know. And I think it also gives some of insight into what kind of a kid he was - a know-it-all (not that I don't love him anyways :rolleyes: ). Or, conversly, maybe he was so quiet as a kid that he's just trying to make up for it now. :p It's hard to psychoanalyse people. (Don't know how the profilers do it.)

Anyways, your point also reminded me of what the Native guy (umm, Blackfoot sounds right, but I could be wrong) said when he first met them.

To Gideon: You look like a college professor.
To Reid: You look like his student.
To Hotch: You look like an FBI agent.

Ha, it's so true! I think he said what some people might have been subconsciously thinking since the beginning of the series.

But the scene with the bad guys tied up in crazy positions while Hotch and the other guy just chilled on the steps was priceless. :lol: I guess that was their bonding moment. ;)
Yeah, I loved the teasing from Blackfoot - 'He just had to shoot something.' I thought it was kind of odd nobody else was there with them, but oh well, that's the price you pay for an amusing episode sometimes.

And for some reason I found this to be one of the most lighthearted (or perhaps I should say, undepressing) episodes of the season. Maybe it was just seeing Hotch loosen up a little bit. Maybe it was just hearing Reid's continual fact-prowess. I don't know. :p

Did anyone else burst out laughing when Reid said "clink"? I would think that one of the other team members would at least give him a look. :lol:
Wait, when did he say this? 'Clink' as in jail? I don't think I've ever heard that in a modern crime show before... :lol: Maybe Reid's been immersing himself in too many bad detective novels lately.

I'm glad that this episode focused more on Hotch. Usually, they all seem to concentrate on Reid and Gideon. Now they just need to do a story that follows Morgan around...maybe even into the shower...hey, a girl can dream, can't she? :eek: :lol:
Bwah, we wish! :D The epitome of 'tall, dark, and handsome'. :devil:

Wait, when did he say this? 'Clink' as in jail? I don't think I've ever heard that in a modern crime show before... :lol: Maybe Reid's been immersing himself in too many bad detective novels lately.

:lol: Yeah, I think they were talking about the cult leader and Reid said something to the effect of him spending so-many years "in the clink." Now, that is just wrong! :lol:

And for some reason I found this to be one of the most lighthearted (or perhaps I should say, undepressing) episodes of the season.

I know what you mean about the 'lightheartedness' of the episode--even though the subject matter was just as serious as always, they didn't spend much time dealing with the significance of all of the blood and gore--Reid said it looked like Native American forms of torture, and they left it at that. This one was much more about character interaction, and they put in enough funny moments for it not to be too dark. *shrug*

But I have to say, the way that the people were killed was really upsetting. Those high school kids were tortured, and they killed three little kids in that house. :( I do wish that they'd shown a bit more reaction to all of that, but that's not their job, is it? I did like when Morgan tried to make that blonde girl realize what 'Grandfather' was really making them do.

Anywho...

In any case, if it does turn out that one of them is adopted, I'm proud of the writers for not making that an issue (or even bringing it up at all) in this episode. These sort of things tend to be used as a standard in character development, if you know what I mean.

I am glad that they didn't mention why Hotch and his brother don't look the same--as you say, they normally throw adoption or anything else like that out imediately as if it has more of an effect on who they are than anything else. Those two clearly have a pretty typical brother-type relationship in any case--that is, if typical includes a profiling lawyer as an older brother. ;)

I love when people just kind of look at Reid like he's not real. :lol: I'm just waiting for someone to be like, "Son, this is serious business we have to deal with here--you should wait for your dad out here." And then Reid looks at Gideon like he has no clue what the guy's talking about, and Hotch has to introduce the "Doctor," making the guy who thought he was Gideon's son feel like a dork. :lol:

On that note, though, I have to say that I really like the relationship that they've created between Reid and the older men on the team. Morgan is like the teasing older brother who gives you a hard time but would still beat the crap out of anyone who tried to mess with you. Gideon and Hotch seem to be somewhere between brotherly and fatherly with him--they look out for him and try to protect him--but at the same time, they have no doubt of his abilities as a profiler.

Another thing that I liked in this episode was the fact that J.J. is starting to act more like one of the team. When she suggested looking for a school connection for the cult, I was like, "yay!" I'm so glad that they've given her more of a role than just as a background character. Sure, she's the media-person, but at the same time maybe she can give a different perspective on the cases. :D

Oh yeah, and

The epitome of 'tall, dark, and handsome'. :devil:

*nods* Oh yeah--we definitely need some sort of gratuitous display of Shemar. He can't wear a suit all of the time. :lol: I must say though, that I do like the fact that, on this show, it's not about how hot people are--that's one thing that sometimes makes me roll my eyes at the CSIs. But let's be honest here--Shemar is hot, Matthew is hot in a skinny-ass sort of way, Thomas is a nice-looking man, and Mandy...well...I don't like Mandy, but I'm sure there are people who do. ;) :p :lol: And it's not just the guys, the girls on the show are all very pretty, but they look more professional (with the notable exception of Garcia, who is just so much fun! :D).

Ah well, I have old episodes of the show "Birds of Prey" in which I can watch Shemar shirtless in a sauna...:devil: Yummy...

WolfeSanders said:
Last night's episode was so good. I thought it was hilarious when Garcia, Elle, and JJ were sitting at the desks watching Hotch and his brother have an argument.
Who would've thought Hotch would have a brother like that?
It would be nice if he makes a return appearance sometime.

oceanbirch said:
WolfeSanders said:
Who would've thought Hotch would have a brother like that?
It would be nice if he makes a return appearance sometime.
Oh, yes!

I watched a repeat episode I had on tape the other night. The one with the girl starting the fires. CREEEEEPY. It looked like one of the first eps.

Yep, that was episode two, "Compulsion." Definitely a veeeery creepy episode.

You know, since Hotch's brother is going to New York, he could always meet up with the CSI:NY team and share his gorgeousness with the NY audience. :lol: That would also make a lovely lead-in to a Criminal Minds/CSI:NY crossover...hey, a girl can dream, can't she? ;) :p :lol:

Faylinn said:
Yep, that was episode two, "Compulsion." Definitely a veeeery creepy episode.

You know, since Hotch's brother is going to New York, he could always meet up with the CSI:NY team and share his gorgeousness with the NY audience. :lol: That would also make a lovely lead-in to a Criminal Minds/CSI:NY crossover...hey, a girl can dream, can't she? ;) :p :lol:

That would be so painfully awesome. We need to set that up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back