Criminal Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's been a new episode since the end of January. The next new one come on March first, if I'm not mistaken. If you go to tv.com, they have details of each of the episodes that have aired so far, so you can see if you missed any.

Here's Matthew Gray Gubler (I wish his name wasn't so damn long...) looking a bit more like Reid.

CM-GubeasReid.jpg

I was looking for pictures of MGG from his Tommy Hilfiger ad, but I haven't had any luck so far. I did, however, find this picture of him modeling with Kemp Muhl, who may or may not be his girlfriend, but she's a very lovely young lady either way. :D If you read the little thing in the bottom right hand corner, you'll see that MGG is wearing a $2,000 jacket--I'd be afraid to move in something that expensive! :p

When I first saw Mandy dressed like this, I asked had he played a robber from deep forest in certain movie?!...funny guy~~...:lol:

Is that picture from Dead Like Me? It looks like it could be from the episode that showed the one girl jumping off of the cliff into the water; the girl that took pictures of the people she reaped. I don't remember much more than that about her, since I missed much of the first season of DLM...or is it from Criminal Minds and I'm just being a dunce? ;)

Yay! New episode of Criminal Minds next week! (Wed, March 1st):

"Unfinished Business"
Gideon, Hotchner and their team reopen the unsolved case of a serial killer who has attacked someone for the first time in 20 years. (From cbs.com)

I'm excited to get a new episode after more than a month of re-runs. :p

CriminalMindsunderawning.jpg

BTW: If anyone is looking for pictures of MGG from his modeling jobs (as I stated that I was before), someone from imdb.com posted this link that you can check out: dnamodels.com (click on "men" in the upper right hand corner, and scroll down--the models are alphabetized by first name) :D

Yay! New episode in about an hour for me! *does a little jig* I'm so excited! :D

CM-CriminalMindsCast.jpg

(Another picture without A.J. Cook...hmm...)

I'm back after watching the show, and I must say that I really liked it. (Spoilers ahead, y'all, so be warned. :D)

I have to admit that I thought the older profiler-guy was the murderer in the beginning, because it all just seemed so convenient--but then again, things on these shows often are. :p I thought the idea of the man getting into an accident on the way to kill his next victim and then having to take up the murders 20 years later was very interesting. They never said why he wanted to kill them, though. And at the beginning, I thought the guy said that the killer wasn't a psychopath who "had" to kill, but rather was a sociopath (spelling?) who "wanted" to kill--then, at the end, the guy told the woman that he was about to kill that he "had" to do it...ah well, the profilers have been wrong in the past.

Anywho, Shemar looked as gorgeous as always. I have to commend the crew on the fact that they are slowly making Reid look less like an uber-dork--he doesn't need to look the part, we can tell it as soon as he opens his mouth. I have to admit, though, that I love him dearly anyway, and it's such a fun character. (Are there really people who can pick out words in puzzles like that, I wonder? A very useful skill, I'm sure ;) ) I did think that Elle was trying to get the guy with the woman under the bed to confess to something, rather than just getting all up in his face, but I guess not. She seemed really upset about the whole thing, but then again, I think she's supposed to have been sexually-abused in the past, so it doesn't surprise me that she'd react that way. As for the other characters, I liked that J.J. was more fleshed out in this one, and that they showed her facing difficulties with the press. Other than that, everyone was basically the same (although I did think that Elle had horrible bangs in the first shot she was in--I'm glad she combed them to the side after that! :p ).

How did everyone else like the episode?

What a great episode! I loved the cool black and white flashes that showed from the killer's point of view - they reminded me of the old pictures he had in his basement and were a cool visual effect.

I also think that bringing in the retired agent was a nice way to spice things up. It made the episode more interesting than it might have been with just the team alone and I think it helped show some of the aspects of the main characters that we don't usually see because we're so used to watching them interact with only each other.

Another theory which my mom came up with, that I thought would work pretty well also but never came up with the agents, was the idea that the killer was actually the original killer's son, or a relative of his. That would explain the different M.O., and how he would have gotten the driver's liscence and information about the first crime.

One of the nicest parts of the episode was that at the end you could look back and actually remember seeing him (like when Ryan signed his book at the very beginning). It kind of made me go, 'oooh! I remember him!', and thought it was better than it just being some random guy.

So yeah, definitely a great episode, in my opinion.
:D

I also think that bringing in the retired agent was a nice way to spice things up. It made the episode more interesting than it might have been with just the team alone and I think it helped show some of the aspects of the main characters that we don't usually see because we're so used to watching them interact with only each other.

I agree! :D I loved how Derek and Elle seemed to really clash with the guy when he'd tell them that they were wasting their time. :lol: And I also loved how Reid seemed totally unaffected by him being there--and it was great when he was stating the sources of quotes and picking words out of the puzzles and the older guy was like "Huh? WTF?" :lol:

One of the nicest parts of the episode was that at the end you could look back and actually remember seeing him

I thought so too--I was like, "Hey, that was the guy who thanked him for his autograph!" (Er, that was the guy you were referring to, right?) :p

Faylinn said:

I agree! :D I loved how Derek and Elle seemed to really clash with the guy when he'd tell them that they were wasting their time. :lol:
But I also liked how they acted very three-dimensionally, in that they didn't just dislike him for the sake of disliking him. And although they might still not like some parts of his personality, it really shows (Morgan laughing with him, Elle's little speech about him) that at the end they pretty much accept him as who he is. I like that he wasn't just a stock villian character, like Ecklie on CSI, or Stetler on CSI: M seem to be sometimes.
And I also loved how Reid seemed totally unaffected by him being there--and it was great when he was stating the sources of quotes and picking words out of the puzzles and the older guy was like "Huh? WTF?" :lol:
:lol: Definitely! Was it just me, or was Reid way nerdier in this episode. He just kept going on and on and on about some things (i.e. 'Did you know that therapy using artificial reality has shown some great improvements in the mobility of stroke victims?'). Not that I don't welcome any opportunity for more screentime for him! ;) I was just waiting for Ryan to get fed up with him at some point and yell at him or something. I don't know whether or not to be happy that it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I thought so too--I was like, "Hey, that was the guy who thanked him for his autograph!" (Er, that was the guy you were referring to, right?) :p

Yep, that's totally who I meant. :D

Was it just me, or was Reid way nerdier in this episode. He just kept going on and on and on about some things (i.e. 'Did you know that therapy using artificial reality has shown some great improvements in the mobility of stroke victims?'). Not that I don't welcome any opportunity for more screentime for him!

Yep, he was definitely nerdier. ;) What's great is that nobody else even bothered to shut him up (Ryan or otherwise)--they just sort of stared at him, waiting for the rambling to end. :p I guess they're used to him by now. ;) (Plus, what he says is always interesting--Bonus! :lol:)

More screentime for Matthew Gray Gubler is never a bad thing. You gotta love a hot nerd:
CM-GubleratCineVegasFilmFestival200.jpg

(I've already posted that picture before, but I love it so much it had to come back :D)

He has a great smile. It's so... real. I don't know, it's just compeltely different from the stereotypical polite celebrity smile. Or, you know, most people's smiles. Yeah, I'm feeling really random today, can you tell? Anyways, I just like that you can totally tell that he really is sincerely happy when he smiles like that.

I'm so glad they chose him to play Reid, even though he doesn't exactly have that same gravitas or stereotypically (I like that word today) 'good looks' that some other actors might have. (Some examples from CSI shows - Nick, Warrick, Eric, Mac, Horatio, etc. etc.) I'm not sure I'm making much sense here... do you know what I mean?

I'm so glad they chose him to play Reid, even though he doesn't exactly have that same gravitas or stereotypically (I like that word today) 'good looks' that some other actors might have...I'm not sure I'm making much sense here... do you know what I mean?

Yep, I know what you mean--he's not the "oh look at my buff arms" kind of hottie, a la Carmine Giovinazzo ;), but he's still sexy in his own way. He looks like the kind of guy that I'd imagine meeting and being friends with, rather than just drooling and ogling him all day long. :lol: Besides, it's nice to see a "genius geek" that isn't a 'hot' guy just wearing glasses. :lol: And not only do I love him as Reid, MGG is an awesome actor--the only other thing I've seen him in is "The Life Aquatic," so I can't say he's great in every role, but he's so convincing and natural on Criminal Minds.

Although, if I'm being nit-picky, I do want the boy to cut his nails! In the episode with the twin girls where the one girl was kidnapped, when they're talking to the guy on the phone and Reid is typing, his nails look almost as long as mine (and I delay trimming mine as long as I possibly can, until I risk serious injury if I scratch myself. :p). Please, Gube, cut your nails!

CM-GublerattheLifeAquaticPremiere.jpg

Ah yes, the smile. I love it! :D

Ooh, I didn't notice that (about the nails thing). Now I'll have to make sure to pay attention to things like that next episode!

Also, I was just wondering if anybody has found any websites with screencaps? I'd love to try making some icons, but I've had a lot of trouble finding pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back