Criminal Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugler can be his secret nickname, for his permed alter-ego. Why does he still look adorable?!

There's been quite a lot of Elle/Morgan flirting recently, anyone else noticed? Or ribbing. I'm loving it, especially when they have to explain things to Reid as they go :D

This might be random, but I felt like this week's episode didn't really focus on the team - it felt like there were more scenes with the bad guy. I say this because I was trying to think who had the most airtime out of the team and it occurred to me I'd not seen enough of any of them. Gideon vs. Bad guy's Dad was awesome though - I was hoping for a bitchslap, but that's just me :D
We're back to Reid in sweater vests though - burn the accursed garments, we want hoodies!

Faylinn said:
I like the longer hair...even diggin' the perm from The Life Aquatic...
:lol: You know, I've been searching for pictures of that damn perm because I think it's friggin hilarious, but I haven't had much luck so far. You'd think someone would have screencaps from the movie or something. :p This is the only thing I could find:

Gubeperm.jpg

:lol:
:lol: that pic's great! I have TLA rented right now- would you like me to make some screencaps?

Lyn said:There's been quite a lot of Elle/Morgan flirting recently, anyone else noticed? Or ribbing. I'm loving it, especially when they have to explain things to Reid as they go :D
I loved the opening scene between the two of them, and of course when she was calling him a slob. :lol:

How much does everyone love Garcia?! She is awesome!! I loved her reactions to Hotch not caring for her comments :lol:

Hotch never cares for her comments, does he?! *lol* I swear we see the hints of a smile from him though, so he hasn't had a total humour transplant.
And addme to the votes for screencaps. Does anyone want Criminal Minds ones, btw, for icon or anything-else purposes? Because I can most likely do those and upload them as zips or whatever.

Fay wants any screencaps y'all give me. *sweet smile*

'Bugler' is definitely the permed alter-ego! What's even funnier is that in my head it sounds like "Boo-glur," (cause, you know, his last name is really "Goo-blur") so mabye I'll just call him 'Boog' (since the real Gubler is 'Gube'). :lol:

Elle and Morgan flirting? Fay likes. ;) But since I haven't watched this week's episode closely yet, what do you mean about them 'explaining' things to Reid, Lyn?

Mandy Boobah should totally have bitchslapped that guy! :lol:

I think Hotch's reaction to Garcia is great. Morgan never seems to mind, but Hotch seems determined not to be amused. Heh, we saw your lips twitch, Hotch, you can't fool us! :lol:

*starts to chant* Hoodies, hoodies, hoodies, hoodies...:lol:

*chants* Hoodies, hoodies, hoodies!

I love that Morgan and Elle have been flirting. I think that they have good chemisty together, as colleagues and friends.

His permed hair looked like a mini-afro or something. Woah........

Fay - it's kind of hard to explain. Morgan and Elle were having that discussion about whether Elle had a boyfriend, and as they kept teasing each other, it seemed Reid didn't fully understand what was going on. He's done that a few times, misread social things and looked puzzled or lost. I know he's a genius and socially inept, but it seems like Morgan, (of all people!) will explain things to him or point out that Reid has missed something obvious.

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but there's some nice litle reviews of Criminal Minds here. It's not groundbreaking stuff, but raises some good points, and I found it interesting reading.

I can't wait for a new episode of Criminal Minds. I am waiting for the repeat for tonight to come on. It is the one where they go to Central Florida for the couple who are going to be executed.

I noticed that on the commercials for that episode, they were saying how this was the best episode yet and all that, but I didn't think it was the BEST episode ever. I liked it and it was a little emotional. I thought it was sad when Gideon was watching their son and everything at the end.

Lyn said:
Fay - it's kind of hard to explain. Morgan and Elle were having that discussion about whether Elle had a boyfriend, and as they kept teasing each other, it seemed Reid didn't fully understand what was going on. He's done that a few times, misread social things and looked puzzled or lost. I know he's a genius and socially inept, but it seems like Morgan, (of all people!) will explain things to him or point out that Reid has missed something obvious.

Yeah, that's funny...and I would wonder: if Reid loves Ell...secretly... :rolleyes: :D :lol: :p

I love criminal minds but we only get it once a week so I have difficulty with charecters and acters names! But I love morgen (think his name is morgen)! He rules! Is it possible for anyone to post a pic with a charecters/acters name? That would be great!

Ask and ye shall receive. ;)

CM-GibsonasHotch.jpg

This is Aaron Hotchner (played by Thomas Gibson). "Hotch," as he's usually called, is in charge of the BAU. His character is the only one whose personal life we really know anything about--he's married and has a young son.

CM-Mandy.jpg

Jason Gideon (played by Mandy Patinkin) technically works under Hotch, but he generally calls all the shots because he's the most experienced profiler. The others usually refer to him as "Gideon."

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/Fa...marasMorgan.jpg
Derek Morgan (played by Shemar Moore) is an expert in obsessional crimes, and I believe he has an ATF background. The team often refers to him as just "Morgan."

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/Fa...-LolaasElle.jpg
Elle Greenway (Lola Glaudini) has a background in sexual crimes. She's usually called "Elle."

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/Fa...ReidfromCBS.jpg
Dr. Spencer Reid (played by Matthew Gray Gubler) is a genius with a photographic memory and very little people skills. The team calls him "Reid," but they usually make a point of calling him "Dr. Reid" around other people, particularly law enforcement, so that they'll take the younger man seriously.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/Fa...k/CM-Jareau.jpg
Jennifer "JJ" Jareau (played by AJ Cook) is the teams media liason. In earlier episodes, she didn't have a very large role, but as the season has progressed she's become a more integral part of the team.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/Fa...essasGarcia.jpg
Even though Penelope Garcia (played by Kirsten Vangsness) isn't technically a member of the BAU team, instead being the technical whiz that's usually communicating with the team over the phone from her place at the FBI office, the character is still a regular on the show. She has a very flirtatious relationship with Morgan, although there's no indication that it will go anywhere. ;) She's usually referred to as "Garcia."

Heh. That was probably more than you were asking for, eh? :p Anyway, I have more pictures of them if you click on my banner and go to the "Criminal Minds" section of my Photobucket account. :D

Just to add to Fay's awesome post...

Hotch : We met his brother during the series, and were told that their father died quite young. Aaron therefore took that role within his family. It's a role he also takes on within the BAU, but when Elle calls him "Dad" one episode, he doesn't like it. Hotch is usually quite serious, and doesn't often let his guard down. He's also quite ambitious, although you get the impression it's because he wants to change the FBI for the better.

Gideon : At the beginning of the series, Gideon is on medical leave. Six agents were killed by the serial bomber, Adrien Bale, because Gideon trusted Bale when he shouldn't have. This one event affects Giden for the whole series, because of the guilt he still has over it. It's also the cause of tension between him and Morgan. (see next bit)

Morgan : Morgan was meant to be in the team who went out to catch Bale. He ended up not going, and surviving as a result. He still questions Gideon's ability to work in the BAU, and this sometimes leads to him questioning Gideon's leadership. Hotch frequently has to step in and have words with Morgan.
Morgan also argues with Reid, in a much more brotherly way. He teases Reid something rotten about his social awkwardness and uber-intelligence, but he's also the one who offers Reid advice and guidance for being "normal". Elle sometimes gets involved in this also - she's an old friend of Morgan's and the two regularly tease each other. His most amusing relationship is with Garcia though - she's the only one in the team who can consistantly out-snark him.
Work-wise, Morgan's the one who you'll see trying to "think" like the killer. Putting himself in their place and asking "so I'm a killer, what would I do here?"

Elle : Elle wasn't in the team at the beginning. We see her join a few episodes in - she wants to be part of the BAU and goes all out to impress. As previously said, she's an expert in sexual crimes and she really shines in cases where rape is involved. She's sensitive and thoughtful, but also extremely good at her job - we see her earn a lot of respect as the series goes on.

Reid : Is everyone's favourite nerd :lol: He's a walking encyclopedia, and he has a tendency to spout out facts at any given time, even when it's inappropriate. He's not doing it deliberately, Reid just can't read social situations and Hotch or Gideon have to gently guide him or explain him to members of the public. A lot of Reid's development is about the team teaching him to socially interact. He also breaks cases a lot of the time, thanks to Gideon teaching him to think outside the box. Gideon and Reid's father/son type relationship is probably the most important in the show. He's awkward but sweet and the team seem to try to protect him.

JJ : Has hidden balls of steel. Honestly, JJ is the one who takes most of the crap thrown at the team by law enforcement and the unimpressed media/public. She's the one who gives out or withholds information, and organises press conferences. She's exceptionally pretty, but also calm and level-headed. (I'd totally lose my temper half of the time, if I was her).

Garcia : Is probably the most under-appreciated character in TV history. She's their IT/tech expert, and she does everything from tracing phonecalls to hacking goverment websites. What she's really known for though, is her wise-cracking mouth. Almost everything that she says can be taken the wrong way, sounds smutty and is totally hilarious. She has no respect for rank, being as rude to Gideon and Hotch as she is to Morgan and Reid. She's especially flirty/snarky with Morgan, because he gives her equal amounts of sass back.
Garcia doesn't move from her office, which is filled with monitors and keyboards and the like. She is incredibly protective of her space - she hates her room getting messy or people bringing food in there. She's also a tetris addict :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back