Crime Of Passion - Las Vegas/New York Crossover RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Crime Of Passion

Sara didn't pull her hand out of his grasp and instead just closed her eyes and tried to let her body rest. But she couldn't, for the fear that he wouldn't be there when she awoke.
[]"Don't leave me Grissom..."[/b]
She whimpered, looking up at him with sad eyes.

Grissom shook his head gently. "I won't. Now sleep ok? You need your rest" He said softly, looking down at her. "I'll be right here, I promise" He gave her hand a gentle squeeze and leant back in his chair.

Sara trusted him, despite everything. And she gave him the chance to keep her trust by allowing herself to fall into a fitful sleep.
Whilst she slept, she had nightmares of being trapped alone in a dark room, calling for Grissom but having noone come get her.

Grissom held her hand tightly, even has his eyes closed through sheer exhaustion. His head rested against the back of the chair as he drifted into a broken sleep. He'd let her down, he knew it. He'd promised himself that he would make sure he never let anyone hurt her again and had instead hurt her himself.

Sara awoke a couple hours later, shooting up in bed from jolting out of her nightmare with a scream.
"Grissom!"
She cried, terror in her eyes as they darted around. A wave of relief surged over her when she saw him next to her and she broke down. It was all just a bad dream...but she in the hospital so it couldn't ALL have been a dream...

Grissom woke suddenly, hearing someone scream his name. He took a deep breath when he saw how scared Sara looked. Standing up, he sat on the edge of the bed and took her into his arms, letting her lean against his chest. "sshhh" He soothed, rocking her ever so gently. "It's ok, I'm here. Just like I promised I'd be"

Lindsay nodded. "Yeah, I think the knife you found next to her killed her and then he spat, stepped in her blood, and walked away, that simple." she said as she pulled up to the lab and saw Catherine run up to him. She decided not to say anything since it might blow their cover.

Sara shook in his arms, tears rolling down her cheeks.
"You didn't leave."
She whispered after a moment, managing a small smile.
"I'm sorry Grissom...I'm sorry for everything."
After her nightmare, she felt she needed to clear everything with him. She couldn't bear to lose him.

"I didn't leave" Grissom repeated softly, wrapping his arms a little tighter around her. "And you have no reason to say sorry. I shouldn't have hurt you like I did" His voice broke slightly as he spoke, all the pain and guilt he was feeling suddenly taking its toll on him. "Now just promise me you'll get yourself better ok? No more stupid stunts like today do you hear me?"

"Just say we can try again Grissom...please, just say we can try again."
She whimpered, pleading with him with her eyes.
"I swear I won't do anything stupid...I just want a chance..."
She didn't want to get down on her knees and beg him - she had far too much pride for that. But she'd been burned bad through her whole life and she just wanted one steady thing.

Grissom hesitated, looking down at her he felt his heart break again. "It's going to be hard for me, to get used to this. You have to take it easy on me but..." He took a deep breath and leant down, placing a soft kiss on her lips. "I guess we can try this again"

Danny looked over to Catherine, opening the car door a bit more and climbing out. "Nah.. I haven't seen them since we left earlier today. Lindsay and I responded to the call out in the ally on the strip, and we were waitin' for you guys to show," Danny replied to Catherine before looking back in the car momentairily to Lindsay. "You comin' Montana?" he asked, even though his usual grin didn't follow.

Sara smiled up at him softly, the tears still staining her cheeks. She felt as though she had something to live for, someone to live for. And for once in her life, she didn't see suicide as an option.
Suddenly, her eyes widened and she gasped in pain, her body stiffening in his arms.
"Grissom, help...me."
She choked out, gripping his hand and desperately struggling to breath. The emergency button was pressed and doctors rushed in, dropping the headrest and yelling medical talk at each other as Sara started to choke and fit as Grissom was shoved out of the way.

Grissom watched helplessly as doctors rushed in and out. He wandered away down the corridor not knowing what to do with himself. Sighing, he walked outside and pulled out his cell phone. He found a bench and sat down as he waited for Catherine to answer.

"It doesn't matter to me...You want to?" Mac asked.

*Cries* I now hate Sundays 'cause I can't get online! BTW, update, we found out it's a modem problem, it might be fixed tomorrow but I still haven't a clue when the 'net will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back