"Coup de Grace" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Yes it would be nice to see Ray be wrong every once in a while, during the premiere I didn't mind the character but now seeing them basically dumb others characters down to make the guy appear smarter it starts to really bug me, not to mention there has too much Ray for my liking in the last two episodes.

Okay I'm not saying the character has to be dumb or anything, but please don't dumb everybody else down, cause it can be insulting to some of the fans of those characters. Heck they even have Ray come up with the idea with somebody else helping him come up with it. That would make sense and that would be less annoying.

Amen. Catherine was always a brilliant CSI who figured things out that others sometimes couldn't. She had street smarts and good instincts. Sara is extremely intelligent and over-qualified to be a CSI. Nick and Greg are also very smart and great at their jobs. They certainly know more about what they're doing than Ray. At this point, I don't know why we have a team. I mean who needs other people around when you have Ray. :rolleyes: It's getting ridiculous and TPTB need to watch it; they're going to lose A LOT of fans if they keep going down this path. Marg fans feel she's being neglected; when you have an Emmy award-winning actress, you should use her once in a while. Give her something to work with. She shouldn't just be the eye-candy in the background. haha. I know Nick and Greg fans are beyond frustrated too. They're certainly nice to look at ;), but I'd like more for their characters. I feel like they've become props, you know? We've been invested in these characters for 10 years and it's like they don't even exist most of the time.

I don't think it's that Ray is meaning to talk to the team like he's the smarter one, I think he's explaining everything from a different angle. He knows that every CSI there could figure something out, but he's trying to give a different outlook on it that they may not be familiar with.
I personally liked this episode. It had a good story to it, kind of sad. I'm really enjoying havign Sara back, it almost makes it feel like CSI again..

weehee.gif
again stellar, 4th in a row & exceptional. My analysis of the ep.

The beginning with Nick Brass and Dr. Ray, at the crime scene. The cop Danny so confused as to what happened:confused: Brass "It the gangs in L.A. would stay there, life would be beautiful again"

He was shot 3 times crowd angry yelling at Dr. Langston, Nick and his 3 theories. 3rd one a "Coup de Grace" [final blow to end suffering]~

Cath having Danny reinact the scene. Ecklie watching. Danny denies shooting him when he was down~

Nick and Ray, stories don't match~

Greg and woman and her little boy "You got me" kinda of reminiscent of "Fannysmackin'"

Sara and Ecklie he mentions Paris, she goes "I'll give Dr. Grissom your regards" [nice that it's still mentioned]~ why was Scott there? he ordered 2 burgers but was a vegetatian~

Greg taking phots of the White House" cafe and notcing the grape jelly packets~

Cath interviewing the partner, she didn't see the last shot but heard it~

Cath hearing the dispatch call "Taking him down "black son-of-a-bitch":(

Brass pissed off and saying to Danny 'I put my credibility on the line for you"
Finn says he doesn't remember saying that Scott had filed a complaint against him who was his partner for 4 months and so Finn did hold a grudge against him~

Cath, Greg, Nick and Sara, discussing the racial slurs ect. and Ray saying maybe not "it takes 1/3 of a second to decide his actions-- Sara ingtrigued by his analysis~

Sara and Murano [Enrique] formerly from "WOAT"] and a gang member dead "He goes "That's why my parents moved from L.A. to Vegas to get away from this" Sara, collecting evidence. One of the things I admired about this character, she lets nothing distract her from the job she's doing. A missing finger from the dead body. He goes check the rectum, signs he was a snitch plus slit throat~

Nick, Ray call the # from his cell phone and it's the dad guy named Anthony~

Nick and Finn going bnack to the crime scene, and Nick starts asking him questions, and he runs amok "you people blah, blah blah, It's hard to think there's still this happening in this day and age shameful:( his attorney goes "I can't represent this guy"

Nick and Brass finding another bullet Brass: "You dont park your car in this neighborhood unless it's not worth stealing":rolleyes:

Murano and Sara, on the computer, and him showing her stuff about the different areas~ and the gang members~ [tons of gangs in Las Vegas, I lived there, frightning]:klingon:

Hodges finding the grape jelly good job~

Greg and the little boy, who admited throwing a bullet casing away~

Brass telling him he was on administrative leave, gives him suggestions as to what to do. he goes "will that make Johnson not dead" and "would you be telling me this if Johnson was white"?

Dr. Langston and Scott's dad, walking to an elevator, and running into Finn which Ray had a bad feeling about, and told Scott's dad he's meet up with him later, started to follow Finn who turned around and looked at Ray, and then got into his car, and SHOCKING he shot him self,:wtf: I screamed and shed a tear. So un-expected. Guess the stigma of him being a racist, or was he? or killing the guy, was too much to bare~

Murano and Sara with the gang guys collecting their DNA [lovely bunch of guys]:cardie: rough, tough, narly and scary. The one who wouldn't open his mouth remimded me of Sara in "Committed" when the old man wouldn't open his mouth and jumped at her and growled:scream: Murano getting brutal with them because he had do speaking Spanish. he did a good job in this ep.~Sara " his ass is evidence":evil:

Greg, Ray, Cath, Nick and Sara go back again..and all look through the little vision implement, and Ray found out from the autopsy he had "severly impaired vision" like Sara said "seeing the world through a straw" So Finn didn't know it was Johnson and did shoot but for not the reasons addressed. He was racial but he wasn't as well:confused: a contradiction and was a tortured soul and probably ended his life because he couldn't face life anymore with all this against him.

Nick "So where's the bad guy in this"? Ray "You tell me"?

Excellent episode, good job to David Rambo his teleplay :bolian:For me again a A+ rating:bolian:

Last edited:
I have to ask...I know the case with the dead actress was a big one, and I guess this one was too, but in the old days any one of the team would have killed (ha ha...pun intended!) to have a solo DB case. Why is it an insult now to Greg to get a solo DB? Except, I know, that these two cases were "big" and he wanted to work on them. But wouldn't it be a compliment to be given a solo DB case??

I think it is more the fact that Catherine just naturally goes to him to be pulled off any current case instead of asking one of the others. I do not think it is so much being solo on a DB. I mean if you are in the middle of working one case and then suddenly another one comes in and you get pulled off it to do a new one when you would have rather have seen this one through, I think that is what annoys Greg. In the past they started the show with getting a solo DB on a case, but usually was not pulled off a current one to do it. That's how I see it anyway.

BTW CSI topped out all the shows for Thurs. night, coming in at #1 with 15.1 million viewers, YIPEE:thumbsup:

Zap2it.com

More thoughts on the episode later, but I just wanted to mention that when Johnson was in White Castle Burger and we saw a glimpse of the gun, it brought back very great memories of "Inside the Box," and the sad departure of Officer Lockwood.

Episode was one of the best the show has ever had. More later.

I agree with Dizzney. If it were the beginning of shift when Catherine is handing out assignments (which apparently doesn't happen any more as they all seem to work the same case) and she hands Greg or anyone a solo, GREAT! But to pull them off of a case that they've already put a lot of effort in is frustrating. Add the fact that it always seems to be Greg... and there you go.

Solid A.The twists and turns make it the best of the season so far.Detective Moreno is a keeper.;) He and Brass can be my comic relief.Only thing is that I want to see more of assertive and street smart Catherine.

Dr. Langston was amazing last night, his theories and finding out the cop had bad vision, he's always right on top of the whole issues, and the team look's to him for his great leadership:bolian: I think he's such a good choice. I think he's doing a extrodinary job, and it'll be riveting to see him work with Horatio and Mac on the 'crossover' episodes, can't wait~HE'S FANTASTIC~

Last edited:
Okay, just gotta chime in on the Greg thing, too.

I'm sorry, but I don't care who you are/how long you've been at a job/your position, if your direct supervisor/boss expects you to do something, then you do it. I work as a substitute teacher, and if my bosses need me to go into the inner city schools, then I do it. I may not like it, but that's where I'm needed so that's where I go, no questions asked. Same thing with my part time job. I've been there 7+ years, know the ins and outs of the stores/the products, and hold keys for 4 stores. However there are still jobs that my boss asks me to do that are scut work, but you know what? I do it without whining and complaining because it comes down to one thing: respect. Cath is Greg's boss, and he needs to realize that sometimes you gotta do the work that is "below" him in order to help the team. It's about teamwork...as they say, there is no I in team.

And now I need sleep. I've worked 55+ hours this week between the two jobs.

"So who's the bad guy in this?" "You tell me."

Okay, I'll tell you: it was that gang-member a**hole with the slug in his butt. If he hadn't shot the kid, Johnson wouldn't have shot him, and Finn wouldn't have shot Johnson.

Of course then there wouldn't have been any episode...

Back