"Coup de Grace" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i blame it on my 'devil's advocate' urges. :p

ITA. thing is, it's more than possible that Marg, for instance, didn't want to get a major increase in a workload. the only one, except Marg, i can see being the lead right now is possibly George but he had major health problems last season and it would've been very risky to let him take over after Grissom without a back-up plan. so yeah, TPTB were basically left with no choice, especially after Marg started mentioning she would like to leave as well. so, the earlier they would get a substitute actor, the better.

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I thought TPTB didn't find out about George Eads' bad back until months (maybe even over a year, depending on when negotiations happened) after they hired Ray.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

George injured his back in December (2008) and he didn't let on that anything was wrong until they were almost done shooting the season, so that was WAY after they hired Fishburne to come in for Petersen and had no effect on who replaced Petersen.

Tptb just don't have faith in the remember cast members to carry the show, though they could have. Why? Because they are established characters and carry fan bases. However, It does not surprise me they brought in a big name star. Even if it wasn't Fishburne, it would have been some other big star.

I still think Marg asked for reduced screentime, as she was going to leave the show, also.

George had a serious back problem, but it did not interfere with the show. He worked through the massive pain he was in. Yes, toward the end his screen time was reduced, but that could have been tptb decision and not his. They would have done it to reduce their liability. So I don't think it would have been risky for George/Nick to take over. The only episode he really wasn't in was the season finale, as he went to have surgery.

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

sorry, my bad.

we don't know that. i heard in Turn Turn Turn it was originally Nick who was suppossed to climb up the ladder and crawl under the roof, and b/c of his injured back they changed the script so that Greg did it instead. and that's just one example we know about.

but what i mean to say in general is that people usually blame the writers or other members of TPTB but many times it's the actors that are in a position when they can't or don't want any more screentime. a lot of people complained Warrick was overlooked in a few seasons preceding his death. but it was Gary Dourdan who was doing other projects and more than likely just asked for his screen time to be reduced. *shrugs*

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 6/24, at 8:00. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I think CBS also airs a repeat of Lovers Lanes.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yep! Thanks to you and Sharp for the heads up! :)