"Coup de Grace" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, you did. :)

Merging this with the episode discussion thread.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

:lol: That made me laugh.

I'm feel so-so about this episode. It could be good, sort of like A Bullet Runs Through It with the cops shooting at other cops sort of thing. Or it could be sort of ... MEH.

I'm still not happy that none of the other detectives/cops are in this episode such as Vartann, Vega, Cavaliere, etc..
    I'm sure the new guy will be good, but I still miss the original detective team.

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Here's a sneak peek of tonight's episode:

Sneak peek

If you can't view the you tube link, it's also here:

CBS.com

4. erep

erep Witness

Hmmm... French title. Grissom's supposedly in Paris. Makes me wonder if we'll see him for a sec or two. Hopeful thinking, I know, but I couldn't help thinking it. :)

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone know what the title means?

6. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I have to say this was the best episode so far this season. It was really interesting and took twists and turns I was not expecting. Good use of all the main characters and I can honestly say not an overkill of Ray for a change. Ray at the end, well his being a Pathologist really played into that scene well and I could understand him taking over the reins there.

I loved that they had Greg dealing with the Waitress and her son. Somehow it slightly reminded me of him dealing with Mrs. James.

I like the new Detective too. I like his attitude.

Kudos to the writers on this ep. :)

9. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

This episode was better than the last two. Still not enough balance between the characters, however. Guess we'll never see the day where Marg gets closer to equal time to Laurence, since she is the female LEAD. :rolleyes: She, Nick, and Greg are stuck in the background, I guess. This week was better about that, but I'd still like for it to keep moving in the right direction.

It's nice having Sara back, but still a little puzzling. I can't see how it could be good for her to come back to a job that was literally killing her with each passing day. She's finally in a happy place; I can't say I'd want to go back to having my face shoved in death and violence every day. Seems like that'd push me towards the edge again.

I will say I wish I could have a marriage where my husband and I stayed in different places. Now that she's back for good, what does that say about their marriage? Odd. My kind of relationship though. lol. :lol: Being in seperate places, doing my own thing. Can't say I'm surprised; they're not exactly traditional people. It doesn't bother me as long as I'm not being forcefed GSR in every episode. If we go back to that... *shudder*

I'd made my judgements about half-way through this episode but ended up feeling bad for the guy. The whole situation was tragic and didn't have to happen. However, the officer should have no longer been on the force, driving a car, or carrying a weapon in his condition, so he is still to blame. And the gang member should get what's coming to him.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I liked the episode, even if it did remind me of the Fromanski ones from years ago.

Of course, Ray was the one to figure out the eyesight problem. And also walk in on a discussion in the break room to tell the team they were wrong about something...again. ;)

And yet another, "Hey! My DB is related to your case!"

And Ray...new wardrobe does not mean trying to copy Nick's white shirt/vest combo. Sorry...it's just not the same. :)

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Overall, I liked the episode. Interesting storyline, nice twists and turns.

I would have liked to see more Catherine, as she is the female lead, not Sara. (Nothing against Jorja Fox, but I think that Catherine should be front and center.)

The only thing that I really did not like was the little codicil at the end. OK, Finn knew he was done and committed suicide. OK, not very nice, but a nice round ending. Then catching the guy that Johnson was shooting at is cool, especially how they did it, which was funny.

However, the thing with Ray figuring out the thing just rubbed me the wrong way. It's like a lesser version of Super H and MacMan on the other CSI's.

Definitely a better episode than last week's as I found that one rather boring, but still, needs work.

/Are we going to have to have a GSR refernce every single episode that Sara is in?

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

I loved the episode, it wasn't predictable and I loved that we had scenes with everybody working together. Didn't like how Ray seems to be the one that always figures everything out, can't somebody else come up with the idea before Ray does seriously :rolleyes:. Though glad there wasn't too much Ray for once, sure a good amount but at least it didn't seem like overkill.

I loved Greg's scene with that kid and his mom it made me smile and he had decent screen time, although the Mom would have gotten on my nerves. Also liked the scene when they had him run down they hall while they timed him, loved that.

More Catherine in this episode then the last episode to which was nice to see, this episode is my second favorite episode so far next to the premiere. :)

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm really starting to wonder if Marg has not requested less screen time and that is why she is not on that much.

14. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I doubt that. Her wish was to have Catherine's storyline tied up in a nice way before she left and she may not be back after this season. She'll never get to give the character closure if she's never on-screen. Last year, she was going through some personal things, but she seems to be in a good place now. She says she and Alan have a great friendship despite their split. I think they're just ignoring her as they have for the last few seasons. She took a backseat to GSR and now everyone is less important than the almighty Ray.

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well at least this episode wasn't as bad screen time wise as the last two were, I could do with less Ray I'm really starting to hate how it always seems like he is the one that comes up with the ideas that solve the case like the eyesight problem. Really I want to know how he always knows about things like that cause its starting to drive me crazy. :scream: